Link Posted: 4/26/2018 10:57:25 AM EDT
[#1]
It's like my finding a meteorite and claiming I shot it from the sky

Russian spin is best spin
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 10:57:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the average Russian stupid enough to believe this garbage? I mean, some low IQ Americans get suckered in but MOST Russians?

Must be all the HIV, vodka, and krokadil coursing thru their veins.
View Quote
Russians at least got pictures of rocket fragments.

Imagine how much more stupid a person would have to be, to believe in a chemical attack story from a picture of kids being sprayed with water
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
We should troll our enemies by putting back dated date plates on our missiles before launching-yo, your shit just got pushed in by a missile made back when disco was popular.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
While the Russians are exaggerating, our Cruise missiles are a bit long in the tooth.

We could do much more to reduce the radar cross section, and the fact that they are subsonic makes them easier to shoot down.
We should troll our enemies by putting back dated date plates on our missiles before launching-yo, your shit just got pushed in by a missile made back when disco was popular.
What if I told you disco never went out of style in Russia?
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Former Isis armor:
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Then why did Trump say they were new, smart missiles?
View Quote
TLAMs are old tech.  JASSM-ER (US), Storm Shadow (UK), and SCALP (France) got their first shake downs
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 11:06:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They released pictures of the actual parts recovered.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Russians NEVER lie or exaggerate, it's simply not in their character...

Not proof they intercepted anything...

Just looks like parts recovered after a missile destroyed its target...

Link Posted: 4/26/2018 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And how do I know all those parts aren't from one single missile vs. twenty individual missiles?

It's like the Iranians photoshopping one missile launch into ten missiles launching.

Either way, the answer is to just launch an overwhelming number of missiles.

In a REAL attack we would whack their radar sites as soon as they go active.  They can replenish missiles easily.  Radar sites not so much.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 11:36:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not proof they intercepted anything...

Just looks like parts recovered after a missile destroyed its target...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/17973/parts-526223.jpg
View Quote
Everything is sheered like a high speed impact & explosion.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 11:48:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's like my finding a meteorite and claiming I shot it from the sky

Russian spin is best spin
View Quote
The OP thinks obvious propaganda put out by the Russian Ministry of Defense is the truth and the Pentagon is lying.

Millennials....

How does the OP explain the before/after BDA if the Russians shot down the cruise missiles?

Link Posted: 4/26/2018 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I believe those compressor cores ARE from Tomahawk missiles.  Look hard enough and you'll find one embedded in something after the Tomahawk has hit its target and exploded just like it's supposed to.

No such fragments would exist if it was a nuclear armed Tomahawk, of course.

But here's the thing:   If a Tomahawk were to be shot out of the sky, its engine would likely stop running before it hit the ground.   In that case you'd probably find at least a few intact compressor blades on the turbine core.

The fact that those are stripped clean of blades tells me that it got FODded to hell and back as it was running at 100 percent when its warhead exploded in contact with its target.

Of course I could be wrong but I'd wager I'm not.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 11:55:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#13]
lol
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#14]
The pigeons
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Neither has my own government
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Neither has my own government
Have to go with him on this:
  • Mueller investigation
  • Seth Rich
  • Bundy shooting shooting
  • Brian Terry
  • Vincent Walker "Vince" Foster Jr
  • Waco
  • Ruby Ridge
  • Kenyon Ballew shooting
  • JFK files still redacted
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 12:32:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Hm.. I can't notice difference in the second combo of the before/after [Shinshar cw bunker] except an hole in the ground .
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There's zero reason that reasonably modern ADA systems wouldn't be able to shoot down 70s era cruise missiles
View Quote
Cruise missles fly nape of the earth.  Heat seekers like stinger can engage them if and only if you catch them in time and have a shot.  The thing is 75 feet off the deck and going 550 mph. You have to acquire it before it is gone.

Stinger gunner gets the bcu in place and tries to get a lock and it is gone before he got tone.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 3:04:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The pigeons
View All Quotes
Fuck those pigeons.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 3:18:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Let's see comparison photos of parts from shot down missiles and parts from missiles that hit their target and exploded.

What if the parts are from decoy missiles the ADA shot down while the actual missiles passed by and hit the targets?
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 3:31:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Those were knocked down in a hurricane.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Cool video,  but doesn't look like that effective a missile strike.

I mean, you sink boats by making holes that let water in, not air, right?
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Possibly they only want to hit the empty containers and reuse the ship itself? After the exercise is over, helo the crew back over, cut up & throw scrap metal overboard, and sail back to port until the next exercise.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Imagine how much more stupid a person would have to be, to believe in a chemical attack story from a picture of kids being sprayed with water
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the average Russian stupid enough to believe this garbage? I mean, some low IQ Americans get suckered in but MOST Russians?

Must be all the HIV, vodka, and krokadil coursing thru their veins.

I wish you were a Russian troll. That would at least mean you couldn't vote. (Removed -40xb) The truth is out there.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 8:08:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I wish you were a Russian troll. That would at least mean you couldn't vote. (Removed -40xb) The truth is out there.
View Quote
Thinks voting matters
Talks about kids and sucking **** in the same sentence
"The Truth is out there"

Ultra cringy post.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I believe those compressor cores ARE from Tomahawk missiles.  Look hard enough and you'll find one embedded in something after the Tomahawk has hit its target and exploded just like it's supposed to.

But here's the thing:   If a Tomahawk were to be shot out of the sky, its engine would likely stop running before it hit the ground.   In that case you'd probably find at least a few intact compressor blades on the turbine core.

The fact that those are stripped clean of blades tells me that it got FODded to hell and back as it was running at 100 percent when its warhead exploded in contact with its target.

View Quote
To me they look similar to the fragments of passenger jet engines recovered on 9/11. Obviously no exploding warheads involved (except on AM radio and infowars )

Link Posted: 4/26/2018 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Thinks voting matters
Talks about kids and sucking **** in the same sentence
"The Truth is out there"

Ultra cringy post.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 8:35:35 PM EDT
[#27]
He is still jealous of Obama winning 108% of the vote in some places, it's more magical than a Kim Il Sung story lol
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Possibly they only want to hit the empty containers and reuse the ship itself? After the exercise is over, helo the crew back over, cut up & throw scrap metal overboard, and sail back to port until the next exercise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a test of precision not damage effects.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
To me they look similar to the fragments of passenger jet engines recovered on 9/11. Obviously no exploding warheads involved (except on AM radio and infowars )

https://preview.ibb.co/gsw4wx/landfillengines_composite_spssz9ja4c8.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you're saying terminal velocity impacts and disintegration of turbine blades look similar? No shit I agree. Both hit their targets.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 8:54:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So you're saying terminal velocity impacts and disintegration of turbine blades look similar? No shit I agree. Both hit their targets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

People in here are saying the fragments looking like this is proof the warheads went off, but the photos of jet engines from 9/11, which also hit something at a similar speed these would have hit the ground after being disabled by shrapnel, but with no explosive warheads involved, look similar.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 9:27:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Apparently we went after 10 targets but only hit 3....according to the Russkies.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/20168/four-outlandish-russian-ministry-of-defense-claims-about-the-syrian-missile-raid
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the fuck? Despite the fact you're trolling by mentioning 9-11, you're proving his argument. Keep the krokodil flowing, comrade.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 10:32:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ok  fair enough.   There's a certain logic there, though why have a warhead on in the first place?
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 10:37:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Ok  fair enough.   There's a certain logic there, though why have a warhead on in the first place?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, because, reasons.

Seriously though, warheads need testing too.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 10:45:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
What warhead? That was fuel burning.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
There was no warhead on that missile. Tomahawks are powered by a little Williams turbofan,they're little jet airplanes rather than rockets. The plume is from the fuel igniting.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 4:53:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Lol

It said evidence on the ground, including missile fragments, holes made by the warheads and damage to the targets, could positively confirm only 25 successful hits, calling the US claim of 105 missiles reaching their targets dubious.

25 hits, fucking bullshit. One video alone from one strike area showed 40+ strikes making it to the ground.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top