Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ammunitionstore.com has 9x39 for sale. $23 for 20 rounds. I bought it just to say I have 9x39 before anyone else. No regrets haha.
View Quote
Fuck around....looks like I'm snagging a box myself just to look at
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 8:29:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ammunitionstore.com has 9x39 for sale. $23 for 20 rounds. I bought it just to say I have 9x39 before anyone else. No regrets haha.
Bastards...

Got me one too...
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 9:49:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Bastards...

Got me one too...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bastards...

Got me one too...
The shipping is straight up bullshit tho.......oh well
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#4]
For $1.15 a pop that’s close to .300 pricing.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
It just got into the country, no surprise that it cost that much.

As time goes on, it will go down dramatically.

If it goes to half the cost of 300BO I'll probably never fire that round again. I have guns that do everything 300BO does now. If 9x39 is made both super and sub for less than ANY loading of 300, I'll sell it all. Factory rounds, reloading dies, upper.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 12:35:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If it goes to half the cost of 300BO I'll probably never fire that round again. I have guns that do everything 300BO does now. If 9x39 is made both super and sub for less than ANY loading of 300, I'll sell it all. Factory rounds, reloading dies, upper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never mind the fact that literally nobody else is selling it from what I can tell....with zero competition you can name any price you want
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 6:53:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Any word on barrels?
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:54:23 AM EDT
[#8]
@Gunwritr my good sir do you have any info for us?
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I have no update on the Wolf uppers/barrels. Still waiting to hear.
Last I knew they were optimizing the gas port location.
Wolf has ammo for sale. Ammunition prices will start high and drop,
like the Grendel did, as volume picks up.

I have a 9x39mm AK coming, but can't announce the manufacturer yet.
AR barrel will be coming from a different manufacturer in a week or so.

All I have at the moment.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2018 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
When can you say which manufacturer on the AK, I'm really interested.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 7:18:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I got my mighty 1 box

Link Posted: 5/3/2018 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I got my mighty 1 box

https://i.imgur.com/kGmFt2t.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I got my mighty 1 box

View Quote
The way you opened the box, your avatar is most fitting.

Link Posted: 5/3/2018 10:37:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Reloading possibilities:

Some 3D printed plugs could be made to fire form plain brass 7.62x39

A swage die can bump 357 soft point and hollow point up to the needed size slugs can be found 158-180gr. This technique could be applied to 35 Rem and other off the shelf 36 cal bullets.

35 Remington mold designs can be machined oversize by mold makers using a CNC lathe to cut the cavities.

Someone could mold up some plastic sabot carriers and load 8mm rifle bullets.

It will be a long road to cheap and easy ammo - but a reloader will get there before the masses.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:21:41 PM EDT
[#16]
i still want to see the video but i dont facespace. can someone post it? anyone have ideas on cost per rnd once it hits the market for real? i have two 300bo guns and a lot of subs but its .50/rnd
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 12:25:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got my mighty 1 box

It was busted when I opened the packaging
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 12:32:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Reloading possibilities:

Some 3D printed plugs could be made to fire form plain brass 7.62x39

A swage die can bump 357 soft point and hollow point up to the needed size slugs can be found 158-180gr. This technique could be applied to 35 Rem and other off the shelf 36 cal bullets.

35 Remington mold designs can be machined oversize by mold makers using a CNC lathe to cut the cavities.

Someone could mold up some plastic sabot carriers and load 8mm rifle bullets.

It will be a long road to cheap and easy ammo - but a reloader will get there before the masses.
View Quote
You'll probably have to use 6.5 Grendel brass, this stuff has .02" less taper than 7.62x39 and doesn't neck down as soon but other than that you're right
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 12:33:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
i still want to see the video but i dont facespace. can someone post it? anyone have ideas on cost per rnd once it hits the market for real? i have two 300bo guns and a lot of subs but its .50/rnd
View Quote
If I knew how to download FB vids I'd help you out man
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You'll probably have to use 6.5 Grendel brass, this stuff has .02" less taper than 7.62x39 and doesn't neck down as soon but other than that you're right
View Quote
for real......we (6.5g shooters) just got our first semi affordable bass manufacturer (starline) to bring to market 6.5. now 9x39'ers will be increasing demand all around on it. Go be 9x39'ers somewhere else.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 9:33:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Remember 5 or 6 years ago when everyone said 300BO would come down to 20-30 cents per round once it got popular enough, and then it never did?  I expect the same thing to happen here.

You can get one reloading out of spent steel cases, so that would help the cost issue quite a bit if you're willing to put in the time.  That is, assuming someone starts making 9x39 dies and publishing load data......
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 9:43:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Remember 5 or 6 years ago when everyone said 300BO would come down to 20-30 cents per round once it got popular enough, and then it never did?  I expect the same thing to happen here.

You can get one reloading out of spent steel cases, so that would help the cost issue quite a bit if you're willing to put in the time.  That is, assuming someone starts making 9x39 dies and publishing load data......
View Quote
RE: reloading Russian steel cases:

YES - it works fine and I've reloaded thousands of steel 223 and 45 ACP cases.  I get 2 to 3 loadings out of 223 cases; the .45 ACP, just one or two.

BUT - 9x39 is probably so low pressure that I suspect you could get 1/2 dozen loadings from Russian steel cases.  2 problems though:

9mm isn't 9mm in the 9x39mm. It is 9.25mm IIRC (is that correct OP?).  I could not find commercially avalable bullets in that diameter - and certainly not ones available and suitable for the caliber, and

Not all Russian cases are Boxer primed.  Due to sanctions on Russian, we no longer get Wolf primers, and Wolf Berdan-type primers look like a pipe dream at this point.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I converted 7.62x39mm steel cases to Boxer primed 6.5mm Grendel and got 5 loadings out of them.

But why not just use brass case 7.62x39mm and form them. Should last a long time.

6.5mm Grendel steel case started off high then as demand picked up it dropped hard. Russians like to
make things in volume. The more you order the cheaper it gets.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 8:12:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I converted 7.62x39mm steel cases to Boxer primed 6.5mm Grendel and got 5 loadings out of them.

But why not just use brass case 7.62x39mm and form them. Should last a long time.

6.5mm Grendel steel case started off high then as demand picked up it dropped hard. Russians like to
make things in volume. The more you order the cheaper it gets.
View Quote
This exactly.

I'm pretty sure Wolf is going to flood the market with it just like they have with every other offering.

And a 9x39 AK you say? Is there going to be a review in a specific publication that I should look for and buy to get the lowdown on this beast?

Because I'm sure you know that it's a quick and easy jump from a 9x39 AK pattern rifle to an OTs14 Thunder which just happens to be one of my grail guns.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

YES - it works fine and I've reloaded thousands of steel 223 and 45 ACP cases.  I get 2 to 3 loadings out of 223 cases; the .45 ACP, just one or two.

BUT - 9x39 is probably so low pressure that I suspect you could get 1/2 dozen loadings from Russian steel cases.  2 problems though:

9mm isn't 9mm in the 9x39mm. It is 9.25mm IIRC (is that correct OP?).  I could not find commercially avalable bullets in that diameter - and certainly not ones available and suitable for the caliber, and

Not all Russian cases are Boxer primed.  Due to sanctions on Russian, we no longer get Wolf primers, and Wolf Berdan-type primers look like a pipe dream at this point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, interesting information.  I wonder why high pressure bottle-neck 223 gives multiple reloadings, and low pressure straight wall 45 only gives 1 or 2?  I would have expected the opposite.

I didn't know we lost Wolf Primers in the recent sanctions.  I've read about converting berdan Yugo 7.62x54R brass to boxer by drilling out the old primer but leaving its outer wall still crimped to the brass as a bushing that holds the new primer; and then drilling a new central flash hole.  If it turns out that 5 or 6 loadings are possible with 9x39 steel cases, it may be worthwhile to do that conversion and use boxer primers.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 1:18:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Damn, had to pick up a box too just to have it, lol
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Starline has untapered brass for the x39 family so rolling your own aughta be easy enough
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Starline has untapered brass for the x39 family so rolling your own aughta be easy enough
View Quote
How do you turn that into 9x39?  Do you trim it to the right length and then smash it into a full length 9x39 sizing die?  Do you need multiple dies to step the unformed case into the final 9x39 shape?
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone see the 9x39 suppressed rifles at the NRA show?
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anyone see the 9x39 suppressed rifles at the NRA show?
View Quote
No. Details?
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 11:55:38 AM EDT
[#32]
I wonder if PSA will make AKs and ARs in 9x39
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I wonder if PSA will make AKs and ARs in 9x39
View Quote
I'm hopeful.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#34]
So:  Yes I have Barrels, Yes I have ammo and yes I have suppressors. Oh yea - we have put them all together.

Some changes are being made to the barrels as a result of testing issues.  The integral runs nicely and is very quiet. The screw on suppressor is nice also but not as quiet.

We are doing some final testing and will be ready to take orders very soon.

Here is a link to an interview:

http://www.recoilweb.com/recoiltv-nra-2018-piedmont-cartridge-catahoula-rifle-137030.html

We are working with Wolf who is manufacturing the barrels.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 8:37:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So:  Yes I have Barrels, Yes I have ammo and yes I have suppressors. Oh yea - we have put them all together.

Some changes are being made to the barrels as a result of testing issues.  The integral runs nicely and is very quiet. The screw on suppressor is nice also but not as quiet.

http://www.recoilweb.com/recoiltv-nra-2018-piedmont-cartridge-catahoula-rifle-137030.html

View Quote
You have my attention...
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 9:47:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Ooooooh that's awesome!
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#37]
I have a pistol lower that's screaming for a new upper in 9x39
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 2:26:25 PM EDT
[#38]
boner
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 2:38:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
boner
View Quote
I want whats in your avatar.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dammit!!!

Get the upper to market.

I just want an upper in that caliber.

Even a barrel at this point.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 8:17:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Any update on this?
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Yes there is an update. It is just for all of you that are following the 9x39 thread.

We have barrels incoming.  We also have a waiting list so I do not know how many are available.

So if you send me an email with your contact info including Day and Evening numbers. I will put you on a list and will call you for payment  when I know how many are arriving.

We have 10" and 16" barrels plus a very limited number of 7.5" that require a custom gas tube. We are in the process of manufacturing the gas tubes so they are in even shorter supply.

As a result we are are only offering the 10" and 16" units. They have a 1/2 x 28 thread (9mm)

The cost is  $295 each plus $15 USPS PRIORITY shipping. ( $325)  MAXIMUM ORDER QUANTITY IS 2

We can also send you 40 rounds of ammunition of for $65. This includes FED EX GROUND shipping. Please remember I had to buy this ammo at $1 a round plus shipping.

This will go live on our Facebook and Webpage tomorrow 6/7.  So if you want one or two please send us an email to [email protected] now. Please include you name, quantity,  mailing address, and daytime and nighttime contact numbers.

Legal info: No PO Boxes for ammo and no sales to CA, NY, MA, or CT (sorry for ya).  You will also get a disclaimer via email per our lawyer.

I will post here when we are sold out.

Ralph
~~~~~~~~~~
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 4:05:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Outstanding news, email sent
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 4:16:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Has it been cleared up yet as to what magazines to use with the barrel?
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 4:17:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Yes there is an update. It is just for all of you that are following the 9x39 thread.

We have barrels incoming.  We also have a waiting list so I do not know how many are available.

So if you send me an email with your contact info including Day and Evening numbers. I will put you on a list and will call you for payment  when I know how many are arriving.

We have 10" and 16" barrels plus a very limited number of 7.5" that require a custom gas tube. We are in the process of manufacturing the gas tubes so they are in even shorter supply.

As a result we are are only offering the 10" and 16" units. They have a 1/2 x 28 thread (9mm)

The cost is  $295 each plus $15 USPS PRIORITY shipping. ( $325)  MAXIMUM ORDER QUANTITY IS 2

We can also send you 40 rounds of ammunition of for $65. This includes FED EX GROUND shipping. Please remember I had to buy this ammo at $1 a round plus shipping.

This will go live on our Facebook and Webpage tomorrow 6/7.  So if you want one or two please send us an email to [email protected] now. Please include you name, quantity,  mailing address, and daytime and nighttime contact numbers.

Legal info: No PO Boxes for ammo and no sales to CA, NY, MA, or CT (sorry for ya).  You will also get a disclaimer via email per our lawyer.

I will post here when we are sold out.

Ralph
~~~~~~~~~~
View Quote
Nice to see this finally coming.

I think you may be the first selling it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Has it been cleared up yet as to what magazines to use with the barrel?
View Quote
@rinfanti
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm soooooo tempted. I have a yearning to build something new and get in on the ground floor on it's arrival if the 10 uses a car gas system, I have Adams arms piston kit that can go on it, and make a very nice piston driven setup.

Even if it gets a regular gas tube, I have all the parts except the bolt right now. decisions decisions...
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 10:31:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Magazines:

The AR 7.62x39 magazine work well if you only load 20.

Lancer 5.56 magazine work well, again only load 20.

We are working on a dedicated magazine but it will be a while.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Magazines:

The AR 7.62x39 magazine work well if you only load 20.

Lancer 5.56 magazine work well, again only load 20.

We are working on a dedicated magazine but it will be a while.
View Quote
Have you tried 6.5 grendel mags?
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Have you tried 6.5 grendel mags?
View Quote
.300 blk mags?
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top