BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All this whining about how unfair it was or how the bailiff should have talked to him, or, whatever, sounds just like the convoluted nonsense Michael Browns momma was coming up with when he got shot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like a finding of contempt would be cleaner, but either way he was asking to get his pee pee smacked.
Contempt of court would have solved this and not made the Court or the cop look bad.
That's just it. The court nor the cop look bad to the people who are actually using logic, critical thinking, and have a basic understanding of the law.
All this whining about how unfair it was or how the bailiff should have talked to him, or, whatever, sounds just like the convoluted nonsense Michael Browns momma was coming up with when he got shot.
Pretty much.

He knew he was getting arrested and he knew exactly what for. When the deputy reached for him he pulled away which made it resisting and required force was used. Pretty damn simple to understand.

It’s also obvious that this deputy had tangled with him before and knew he wasn’t going peacefully. Best to take him down fast rather than end up fighting in a confined space full of bystanders.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 2:17:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
As a young attorney in the mid-90’s, my law firm thought I’d be the perfect candidate to handle a breach of contract case against a SC. I’ll say this about this particular individual, while he was nuttier than a fruitcake (more on that in just a sec), he made me, my client and the judge work overtime responding to the myriad of non-sensical briefs, motions and discovery requests that he filed. He also threatened my managing partner’s wife and kids during a particularly antagonistic court hearing.

To add to this SC’s nutty persona, he was also in the middle of transitioning from a man to a woman throughout both the trial court proceedings and the subsequent sham appellate court filings he engaged in.

I began to rethink my career choice at that point. I still do, really, but my skill set is pretty limited nowadays.
View Quote
Their standard tactic is to bury you in garbage paperwork hoping you’ll just give up. It’s worked once or twice over lesser matters.

Also it sounds like you got the case because you were the new guy and nobody else wanted to touch it. Shit rolling downhill and all that.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yup, whether a cop dealing with them on the road or judges/attorneys dealing with them in court, the common practice they follow is to barrage the other side with so much non sense that they hope the cop or court will just drop the issue and decide the juice is not worth the squeeze.  From what we are being told the judges here often get 70 plus pages for a single motion and that after a cursory review dismiss the motion due to it containing no argument with applicable legal standing under the law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As a young attorney in the mid-90’s, my law firm thought I’d be the perfect candidate to handle a breach of contract case against a SC. I’ll say this about this particular individual, while he was nuttier than a fruitcake (more on that in just a sec), he made me, my client and the judge work overtime responding to the myriad of non-sensical briefs, motions and discovery requests that he filed. He also threatened my managing partner’s wife and kids during a particularly antagonistic court hearing.

To add to this SC’s nutty persona, he was also in the middle of transitioning from a man to a woman throughout both the trial court proceedings and the subsequent sham appellate court filings he engaged in.

I began to rethink my career choice at that point. I still do, really, but my skill set is pretty limited nowadays.
Yup, whether a cop dealing with them on the road or judges/attorneys dealing with them in court, the common practice they follow is to barrage the other side with so much non sense that they hope the cop or court will just drop the issue and decide the juice is not worth the squeeze.  From what we are being told the judges here often get 70 plus pages for a single motion and that after a cursory review dismiss the motion due to it containing no argument with applicable legal standing under the law.
70 pages is nothing.

A few years ago we responded to an illegal burn at the request of the sheriffs department. Our resident sovereign nut was burning a stack of tires, paint cans, copper wire, pallets, and god knows what else in his backyard in a densely populated residential area. The pile was the size of a small house and it was a humid day with no wind so the toxic black smoke choked out the whole neighborhood. Residents were on their porches with wet towels over their faces trying to breath. Of course Mr SC thought it was his god given right to turn his neighborhood into Chernobyl and did his best to try and stop us from extinguishing the fire. He ended up scuffling with deputies and got tazed and arrested for his trouble. The EPA was notified as well and he ended up losing his property over the stunt but that’s another discussion.

Later on he filled FOIA requests and got the identity of everyone present. He field liens and civil suits on everyone, everyone. Since I was the OIC on that run one day I came home and found a phone book sized stack of paperwork on my porch from some made up court where I had been judged guilty of whatever offense he accused me of and was ordered to pay $250,000 in restitution in the form of gold and silver coin. that one I tossed onto my burn pile but the nut must have spent $100 on ink and paper to print that pile of crazy. No idea how he got my address.

All of his liens and civil suits were dismissed of course but it was still a PITA to deal with. That was how I first learned of sovereign citizens. If it were up to me upon identifying them they would be taken into custody and deported to a raft anchored somewhere in international waters.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Good. All those sc are nuttier than squirrel shit they should all be sent to their own special island.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
70 pages is nothing.

A few years ago we responded to an illegal burn at the request of the sheriffs department. Our resident sovereign nut was burning a stack of tires, paint cans, copper wire, pallets, and god knows what else in his backyard in a densely populated residential area. The pile was the size of a small house and it was a humid day with no wind so the toxic black smoke choked out the whole neighborhood. Residents were on their porches with wet towels over their faces trying to breath. Of course Mr SC thought it was his god given right to turn his neighborhood into Chernobyl and did his best to try and stop us from extinguishing the fire. He ended up scuffling with deputies and got tazed and arrested for his trouble. The EPA was notified as well and he ended up losing his property over the stunt but that’s another discussion.

Later on he filled FOIA requests and got the identity of everyone present. He field liens and civil suits on everyone, everyone. Since I was the OIC on that run one day I came home and found a phone book sized stack of paperwork on my porch from some made up court where I had been judged guilty of whatever offense he accused me of and was ordered to pay $250,000 in restitution in the form of gold and silver coin. that one I tossed onto my burn pile but the nut must have spent $100 on ink and paper to print that pile of crazy. No idea how he got my address.

All of his liens and civil suits were dismissed of course but it was still a PITA to deal with. That was how I first learned of sovereign citizens. If it were up to me upon identifying them they would be taken into custody and deported to a raft anchored somewhere in international waters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

70 pages is nothing.

Screen name?
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 3:38:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Screen name?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

70 pages is nothing.

Screen name?
The sad thing is there are more than a few here that think that sort of behavior is acceptable. It’s why we can’t have nice things or lax laws.

The backstory was that the guy had been burning copper wire in his yard for sometime and the neighbors complained. The big rubber bonfire was his passive aggressive way of responding to them. He’d been rounding up tires and other junk to burn for weeks and deliberately picked a bad day to burn just to spite everyone on the block. It earned him a massive fine and clean up bill from EPA that he of course couldn’t pay so his house and other assets were liquidated to make restitution much to his neighbors delight.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:20:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So defendant said "I'm not Mr Defendant but I'm here regarding this case" judge issued a warrant and the cops jump on him?

I am surprised the judge didn't have more a colloquy with him, seems a pretty extreme reaction.
View Quote
Probably a frequent flyer.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The sad thing is there are more than a few here that think that sort of behavior is acceptable. It's why we can't have nice things or lax laws.

The backstory was that the guy had been burning copper wire in his yard for sometime and the neighbors complained. The big rubber bonfire was his passive aggressive way of responding to them. He'd been rounding up tires and other junk to burn for weeks and deliberately picked a bad day to burn just to spite everyone on the block. It earned him a massive fine and clean up bill from EPA that he of course couldn't pay so his house and other assets were liquidated to make restitution much to his neighbors delight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
As a young attorney in the mid-90's, my law firm thought I'd be the perfect candidate to handle a breach of contract case against a SC. I'll say this about this particular individual, while he was nuttier than a fruitcake (more on that in just a sec), he made me, my client and the judge work overtime responding to the myriad of non-sensical briefs, motions and discovery requests that he filed. He also threatened my managing partner's wife and kids during a particularly antagonistic court hearing.

To add to this SC's nutty persona, he was also in the middle of transitioning from a man to a woman throughout both the trial court proceedings and the subsequent sham appellate court filings he engaged in.

70 pages is nothing.

A few years ago we responded to an illegal burn at the request of the sheriffs department. Our resident sovereign nut was burning a stack of tires, paint cans, copper wire, pallets, and god knows what else in his backyard in a densely populated residential area. The pile was the size of a small house and it was a humid day with no wind so the toxic black smoke choked out the whole neighborhood. Residents were on their porches with wet towels over their faces trying to breath. Of course Mr SC thought it was his god given right to turn his neighborhood into Chernobyl and did his best to try and stop us from extinguishing the fire. He ended up scuffling with deputies and got tazed and arrested for his trouble. The EPA was notified as well and he ended up losing his property over the stunt but that's another discussion.

Screen name?
The sad thing is there are more than a few here that think that sort of behavior is acceptable. It's why we can't have nice things or lax laws.

The backstory was that the guy had been burning copper wire in his yard for sometime and the neighbors complained. The big rubber bonfire was his passive aggressive way of responding to them. He'd been rounding up tires and other junk to burn for weeks and deliberately picked a bad day to burn just to spite everyone on the block. It earned him a massive fine and clean up bill from EPA that he of course couldn't pay so his house and other assets were liquidated to make restitution much to his neighbors delight.
Who the hell burns copper wire? Other than Mr. Sovereign Citizen that is.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:54:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Just a wild guess that this wasn't his first rodeo in that court....
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You get more money for it at the scrap yard if the coating is off when you turn it in. Bare wire gets you more money.
View Quote
They won't take burned wire around here. Too many thieves burning stolen wire for scrap.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 9:31:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 3:42:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
As a young attorney in the mid-90's, my law firm thought I'd be the perfect candidate to handle a breach of contract case against a SC. I'll say this about this particular individual, while he was nuttier than a fruitcake (more on that in just a sec), he made me, my client and the judge work overtime responding to the myriad of non-sensical briefs, motions and discovery requests that he filed. He also threatened my managing partner's wife and kids during a particularly antagonistic court hearing.

To add to this SC's nutty persona, he was also in the middle of transitioning from a man to a woman throughout both the trial court proceedings and the subsequent sham appellate court filings he engaged in.

70 pages is nothing.

A few years ago we responded to an illegal burn at the request of the sheriffs department. Our resident sovereign nut was burning a stack of tires, paint cans, copper wire, pallets, and god knows what else in his backyard in a densely populated residential area. The pile was the size of a small house and it was a humid day with no wind so the toxic black smoke choked out the whole neighborhood. Residents were on their porches with wet towels over their faces trying to breath. Of course Mr SC thought it was his god given right to turn his neighborhood into Chernobyl and did his best to try and stop us from extinguishing the fire. He ended up scuffling with deputies and got tazed and arrested for his trouble. The EPA was notified as well and he ended up losing his property over the stunt but that's another discussion.

Screen name?

Scrappers burn it to remove the insulation. Scrap yards pay more for bare copper.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 3:44:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They won't take burned wire around here. Too many thieves burning stolen wire for scrap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You get more money for it at the scrap yard if the coating is off when you turn it in. Bare wire gets you more money.
You’d thinks so but somebody is still buying AC coils or crack heads wouldn’t keep stealing them. Lots of unscrupulous scrap dealers out there. A year or two ago a local school had every coil ripped out of their AC units and it cost tax payers over $100k to repair.

Copper thieves and sovereigns should be forced to fight to the death in gladiator matches for public amusement.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 8:17:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You'd thinks so but somebody is still buying AC coils or crack heads wouldn't keep stealing them. Lots of unscrupulous scrap dealers out there. A year or two ago a local school had every coil ripped out of their AC units and it cost tax payers over $100k to repair.

Copper thieves and sovereigns should be forced to fight to the death in gladiator matches for public amusement.
View Quote
I'd watch that
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Good for him
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Scrappers burn it to remove the insulation. Scrap yards pay more for bare copper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

70 pages is nothing.

Screen name?

Scrap yards around here won't take burned copper, IIRC.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 6:22:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

70 pages is nothing.

Screen name?

Kharn
Arizona requires that scrap yards get positive ID of everyone bringing in scrap anything.
it did a pretty good job of slowing metal thefts.

Jay
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You’d thinks so but somebody is still buying AC coils or crack heads wouldn’t keep stealing them. Lots of unscrupulous scrap dealers out there. A year or two ago a local school had every coil ripped out of their AC units and it cost tax payers over $100k to repair.

View Quote
@Fidel_Cashflow

You and I really need to get together have drinks some time.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I think the video proves why government is bad. It is force
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 5:43:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
@Fidel_Cashflow

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Fidel_Cashflow

I can generally get one night a week free. First round at Fast Eddies is on me.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 5:55:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
See, who says you never learn anything on Arfcom. I never heard of burning it off before. Makes sense, it'd be way faster than stripping it.

I took some computer monitors to a scrapper. I guess there's trace amounts of precious metals in them? I realized the next day my password for my arfcom account was written on the top of a monitor bezel. Oops
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See, who says you never learn anything on Arfcom. I never heard of burning it off before. Makes sense, it'd be way faster than stripping it.

I took some computer monitors to a scrapper. I guess there's trace amounts of precious metals in them? I realized the next day my password for my arfcom account was written on the top of a monitor bezel. Oops
The yards pay more for bare copper since they have no way of knowing what the weight of the insulation is compared to the weight of the metal content. Scrappers burn off all sorts of junk to get it down to bare metal for that reason.

Some of the circuitry in electronics contains platinum, gold and silver. It’s a fairly minuscule amount and the recovery process is tedious so it’s generally not with the headache unless you have a dedicated setup to recover it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Fidel_Cashflow

I'm going to Mids on New Years Eve, so I'll be dealing with all the amateurs that are out and about....but we should make this happen.
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top