BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Agreed.

But wth is going on with her clown feet in that picture?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Back in the day Gates McFadden was a hottie

Agreed.

But wth is going on with her clown feet in that picture?

Feet? Her feet are in the picture? Yep I guess they are.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The character Picard was 59 years old in ST:TNG season 1. According to canon, he was born in 2305 and ST:TNG season 1 was 2364. However, old ass looking Patrick Stewart was only 46 years old at the time.

A 59 year old Starfleet O-6?

https://media.licdn.com/dms/image/D5612AQHFIpGTlGQ6vw/article-inline_image-shrink_1500_2232/0/1655519463645?e=1694649600&v=beta&t=BtLBCHWViJPJgOccXu_dhyKROa-YqxPpH8Xk54iqJ3s
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I legit thought Picard was like 80 when I was kid

The character Picard was 59 years old in ST:TNG season 1. According to canon, he was born in 2305 and ST:TNG season 1 was 2364. However, old ass looking Patrick Stewart was only 46 years old at the time.

https://media.licdn.com/dms/image/D5612AQHFIpGTlGQ6vw/article-inline_image-shrink_1500_2232/0/1655519463645?e=1694649600&v=beta&t=BtLBCHWViJPJgOccXu_dhyKROa-YqxPpH8Xk54iqJ3s

Picard turned down promotions to admiral like once a season it felt like, he didn't want to leave the captain's chair
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

But the new Enterprise is a joke. Kind of a bitch looking ship compared to the D and E, like the C was.
View Quote

the new Star Trek is fantastic

out of 87 's
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Picard turned down promotions to admiral like once a season it felt like, he didn't want to leave the captain's chair
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Picard was a captain on the Stargazer for a long time before TNG....you'd think he'd be up for admiral after that, but maybe being captain of the fleet's flagship had it's draw.

Riker also turned down his own ship a few times to stay on Enterprise.

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Picard was a captain on the Stargazer for a long time before TNG....you'd think he'd be up for admiral after that, but maybe being captain of the fleet's flagship had it's draw.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah Picard was captain of the Stargazer for like 20+ years and that ship was old-ish when he got the command, moving up to the brand new flagship of the fleet is pretty close to a promotion especially with the level autonomy starfleet captains seem to have.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:44:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I had many a crusty sock thanks to Deanna Troi
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#7]
When I was a kid I thought it sucked. Too woke.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I like Wharf

Wharf is cool
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They do look good for their ages. Stewart looked old as dirt in TNG, but you can really tell he is an old man in Picard, by the way he walks and even in his voice.
View Quote

Patrick Stewart is basically one of those guys that, from the age of around 25 to 75, looks like he is 50.
From 25 to 50, he looks like a trim, fit, young for his age 50.
Then from 51 to 75, they look like a trim, but old/weathered 50.
They wake up on their 76th birthday, and look like a spry 100.
I assume until they are 100.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Patrick Stewart is basically one of those guys that, from the age of around 25 to 75, looks like he is 50.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do look good for their ages. Stewart looked old as dirt in TNG, but you can really tell he is an old man in Picard, by the way he walks and even in his voice.

You'd think by the 24th century they'd have a surefire cure for baldness, though.

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My friend Pamela was on that show for I think 2 seasons. I am embarrassed to admit I never watched it though.
View Quote
What character
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:41:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That’s my main gripe. They should’ve put the ‘D’ back into service as the All Good Things dreadnaught refit, had Admiral Riker command it for a season with Captain 7 of 9 and then phase Jonathan Frakes out. It would’ve made far more sense than the Titan-A getting rechristened.
View Quote

Why would the UFP refit a Galaxy class ship when they have the newer and better Sovereign class with all the advanced technologies that Voyager came back with? That's like the US Navy refitting Forrestal class carriers to reuse as our primary carrier instead of the brand new and modern Gerald R. Ford class.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You'd think by the 24th century they'd have a surefire cure for baldness, though.

View Quote

Enlightened humans in the 24th century didn’t care about being bald anymore.   That was the answer they came up with when that question came up during casting.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:24:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They were already old when TNG first started.  
That annoying fuck Wheaton and Ashley Judd were the only young ones.   I met Ashley back then and she was really cute.
View Quote

Apart from Patrick Stewart and Wil Wheaton, they were all in their 30s.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

out of 87 's
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But the new Enterprise is a joke. Kind of a bitch looking ship compared to the D and E, like the C was.

out of 87 's

What does me saying the recommissioned Titan A looking like shit compared to the d and e have anything to do with New Star trek?
The only new series I've heard anything good about is Strange New worlds. Discovery, what little I watched, was garbage.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:26:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

RIP Shaxs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If anyone died from Discovery, Prodigy, or Lower Decks I wouldnt know because I've never bothered to see them.

RIP Shaxs.

He got better....
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kirk told him to never let them promote him or transfer him, because as long as he sat in that chair, he could make a difference.
He didn't follow Kirk's advice.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

And later, Kirk told him to never give up that chair.

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:29:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

He got better....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If anyone died from Discovery, Prodigy, or Lower Decks I wouldnt know because I've never bothered to see them.

RIP Shaxs.

He got better....

You know abot the black mountain, right?

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:30:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Are you tasting or smelling toast right now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have been binge watching bill stree blues.
Riker was playing a bad guy in season two and never took
Off his isotoner gloves.
Are you tasting or smelling toast right now?

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That’s my main gripe. They should’ve put the ‘D’ back into service as the All Good Things dreadnaught refit, had Admiral Riker command it for a season with Captain 7 of 9 and then phase Jonathan Frakes out. It would’ve made far more sense than the Titan-A getting rechristened.
View Quote

It was a relic at that point, which in some ways makes no sense because some classes of ships seem to be used for literally decades, like the Reliant class. That class was in continuous use all the way from TOS through TNG films. because there were Reliant class ships taking on the Borg at Wolf 359 and also above Earth in the opening battle in First Contact
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

They addressed that in the series. They DO have a cure for baldness, but its no longer a matter of vanity. You'd think that someone would have told Riker in season 3 of Picard that he should do something about the bald spot. You'd think Frakes could afford a few hair plugs, but then he took such a long break from acting to be a director that he never planned to be in front of the camera. I think it was his interview on the Shuttlepod Show where he said he was nervous about still having his acting chops, it had been so long for him...
Ep.2.19: "The Riker Maneuver" with Jonathan Frakes
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ensign McKnight... Sorry I had to look it up. See how bad I am?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My friend Pamela was on that show for I think 2 seasons. I am embarrassed to admit I never watched it though.
What character

I always thought Ensign McKnight was hot
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What character

You have a good eye, she was in 3 episodes.

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 2:15:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What character

I was a pervy teen
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What does me saying the recommissioned Titan A looking like shit compared to the d and e have anything to do with New Star trek?
The only new series I've heard anything good about is Strange New worlds. Discovery, what little I watched, was garbage.
View Quote

k?
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Picard S3 was a good send off for the crew.

The Enterprise-D vs The Borg - one last time
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 3:03:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It was a relic at that point, which in some ways makes no sense because some classes of ships seem to be used for literally decades, like the Reliant class. That class was in continuous use all the way from TOS through TNG films. because there were Reliant class ships taking on the Borg at Wolf 359 and also above Earth in the opening battle in First Contact
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some expanded universe stuff in Star Trek stated the Galaxy Class was intended to operate continuously for at least 100 years before decommissioning. Similar to the Excelsior Class and Reliant Class, which were pushing 100 during TNG and DS9. So it would make sense Starfleet was trying to squeeze as much as they could from the ships they built.

In the Star Trek Online game, Andromeda Class were built from Galaxy hulls. I think there were Andromedas in the Borg formation with other ships. There were definitely Sovereigns. So I guess it could be explained in that way.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Why would the UFP refit a Galaxy class ship when they have the newer and better Sovereign class with all the advanced technologies that Voyager came back with? That's like the US Navy refitting Forrestal class carriers to reuse as our primary carrier instead of the brand new and modern Gerald R. Ford class.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because in the series finale of TNG, Starfleet had done exactly that.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#33]

I liked her in Hunt For Red October.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:06:11 PM EDT
[#35]

I prefer this one

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Fuck, I am old.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:15:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Ensign Wesley Crusher has a talk show.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/39329/IMG_4547_png-2889407.JPG
View Quote

The original sovereign citizen. He was a traveler you know.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:26:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Star Trek Rap (feat. Prime Directive and Galaxy Class)
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#40]

Holy shit

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:48:42 PM EDT
[#41]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:05:23 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Goddamn.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Yep, Broccoli was an odd duck.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What character

In space, no one can hear the leg-humping hoards
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 6:03:54 PM EDT
[#48]

God I love the internet
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 6:06:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I agree that he’s not a person I would want to know but I don’t know about any of psycho drugs.

His home life/work was as terrible as any of the typical Hollywood child actor stories we all hear about.

His father hated him and beat him, his mother guilted him into acting, which he had never wanted to be an actor, and never loved him, his siblings only ever sponged off of him so he bonded with his cast members and considered them more his family than his real family.

His ST TNG cast members speak very well of him.

Check out his interview on “Inside of You” on Netflix as well as interviews there with Frakes where he talks about him.

He openly admits his upbringing was FUBAR and if you listen to the interviews you will see that he’s turned out fine, all things considered.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will Weaton is the red headed step child.

Asshat Wesley is on serious psycho drugs these days.

I agree that he’s not a person I would want to know but I don’t know about any of psycho drugs.

His home life/work was as terrible as any of the typical Hollywood child actor stories we all hear about.

His father hated him and beat him, his mother guilted him into acting, which he had never wanted to be an actor, and never loved him, his siblings only ever sponged off of him so he bonded with his cast members and considered them more his family than his real family.

His ST TNG cast members speak very well of him.

Check out his interview on “Inside of You” on Netflix as well as interviews there with Frakes where he talks about him.

He openly admits his upbringing was FUBAR and if you listen to the interviews you will see that he’s turned out fine, all things considered.

Yeah I hate on him less after hearing what his life was like. Having said that, he's a rabid leftie who spouts lies about conservatives and openly wishes death upon us.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 6:11:34 PM EDT
[#50]

I think she was born 15- 20 years before me.

So, from 90-94 which is basically when I saw all of TNG either as reruns or new episodes, I was seeing someone aged around late 30s to mid 40s.

Pretty much every guy I knew around 18-25 then,
Basically thought,
“Damn, I’m going to hell for this, she’s probably like our Mom’s age, but she can pass for a hot 30.  The other chick is like five or ten years younger, I’d hit ‘em both if I had the chance. “
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top