Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#1]

I choose "work for myself but side with the Empire".

Best of both worlds...
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldnt mind being an emperors hand.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:05:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Vader
Boba Fett
Davin Felth
Admiral Thrawn
Dark Troopers
General Mohc
501st

Fuck rebel scum
View Quote
Spoken like a true NJ guy (I’m a former NJ guy)
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#4]
@Bohr_Adam

All these Tyrants!!!  

I voted Empire so I would not have to pay taxes to the Mega Corporate separatists or be forced to support anti-Government Sovereign Citizen type terrorists.    
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:07:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just read a couple of the Thrawn books; no poll needed once you read them because the decision is obvious.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Thrawn was a goddamn Chiss but a smart goddamn chiss.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought Miami jbt already had a thread on this? Probably archived but he made a pretty good argument that the empire was in the right, IIRC.

I was a empire fan boy in the beginning, so beat it rebel scum.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Alderaan was like Afghanistan. They funded, housed, and supported Rebel Terrorists. Bail Prestor Organa was one of the founding members of the Rebel Alliance and was also the ruling leader of Alderaan. Striking Alderaan is a good thing. Planet wants to be gangsta until it's time to do gangsta shit. Part of that is getting space nuked by the Death Star.

The Sith was a religious order that broke away from the Jedi and were persecuted like many early Protestants were when they broke away from the Catholic Church. The Jedi literally waged a war and killed the original Species of Sith. THE JEDI WAGED A WAR OF GENOCIDE. They then went after people that simply wanted to experience emotions, have families, and want to grow.

The Jedi Order kidnapped kids and brainwashed them for God's sake. Yoda even said that Anakin was too old for training. Why? because he fucking remembered his mother.... that's why. They didn't even attempt to free his mother. They let her stay as a slave! Obi-Wan and Yoda lied to Luke to get him to fight against Vader. Nor did they train Leia and even tell her that she's Force sensitive. They told Luke that Vader killed his father, that his father was a navigator on a freighter, that his father was a innocent pawn killed by the Sith, etc.... ALL FUCKING LIES.

The Jedi were self appointed, fell under no civil government control (ie the People), mind fucked citizens, stole property, destroyed property, carried weapons while the citizenry were disarmed, and lopped off limbs like bored Samurai.

The Rebels wanted to bring back a corrupt government that worked much like the USSR. The Republic preached freedom yet bred an army of living beings and sent them to slaughter against a group of systems that wanted to leave the Republic over economic and tax issues. Sounds like fucking slavery to me.

The Empire didn't give a fuck if Han was armed.... Stormies walked right by him in the bar. He only got into trouble for agreeing to smuggle a know Jedi Terrorist and his Bacha Bazi Lover Boy Toy. Lando ran Cloud City with no problems.... until he harbored terrorists.

Fuck the Rebels.
View Quote
Wow. Excellent post
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:13:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alderaan was like Afghanistan. They funded, housed, and supported Rebel Terrorists. Bail Prestor Organa was one of the founding members of the Rebel Alliance and was also the ruling leader of Alderaan. Striking Alderaan is a good thing. Planet wants to be gangsta until it's time to do gangsta shit. Part of that is getting space nuked by the Death Star.

The Sith was a religious order that broke away from the Jedi and were persecuted like many early Protestants were when they broke away from the Catholic Church. The Jedi literally waged a war and killed the original Species of Sith. THE JEDI WAGED A WAR OF GENOCIDE. They then went after people that simply wanted to experience emotions, have families, and want to grow. - They went to war with people that didn't want to experience emotion but rather let emotions control their actions. The primary emotion being hate, to let the hate control you and direct/guide your actions. This is never a good thing and the Jedi war of old was pushed by the Sith that went to kill the Jedi first but the Jedi defended.

The Jedi Order kidnapped kids and brainwashed them for God's sake. Yoda even said that Anakin was too old for training. Why? because he fucking remembered his mother.... that's why. They didn't even attempt to free his mother. They let her stay as a slave! Obi-Wan and Yoda lied to Luke to get him to fight against Vader. Nor did they train Leia and even tell her that she's Force sensitive. They told Luke that Vader killed his father, that his father was a navigator on a freighter, that his father was a innocent pawn killed by the Sith, etc.... ALL FUCKING LIES. - Have a source for kidnapped? Things I've read stated they asked the family for the child to train and it was considered a great honor, so no family refused. Neither Luke or Leia were trained, no one could be at this time as the tyrannical empire was in effect and would kill anyone that was attempting to do anything they didn't condone.

The Jedi were self appointed, fell under no civil government control (ie the People), mind fucked citizens, stole property, destroyed property, carried weapons while the citizenry were disarmed, and lopped off limbs like bored Samurai. - Plenty of armed citizens all over the planets and worlds. The capital city didn't show much before or after the Jedi, so nothing really different here. Empire stole far more property and killed far more innocents.

The Rebels wanted to bring back a corrupt government that worked much like the USSR. The Republic preached freedom yet bred an army of living beings and sent them to slaughter against a group of systems that wanted to leave the Republic over economic and tax issues. Sounds like fucking slavery to me. -Several disagreed with the Clone trooper program within the Republic. Corruption happens though, this is the nature of big government. The Empire is not a bastion of freedom and prosperity but rather of theft and control. Per the original movie deleted scenes, you even have dialogue stating that the Empire was starting to steal moisture farms from farmers and forcing them to work.

The Empire didn't give a fuck if Han was armed.... Stormies walked right by him in the bar. He only got into trouble for agreeing to smuggle a know Jedi Terrorist and his Bacha Bazi Lover Boy Toy. Lando ran Cloud City with no problems.... until he harbored terrorists.
- Vader was taking Cloud City from Lando AFTER making the deal. Vader didn't give a rats ass that he made a deal to let Lando keep control, that was never going to happen. He altered the deal, several times. Lando never harbored anyone.

Fuck the Rebels.
The Jedi placed a death bounty on Ahsoka when she was framed for a crime she didn't commit. They didn't have a trial, review evidence, conduct an investigation, etc... they simply said "Ahsoka did it, let's kill the bitch".

And whe  she proved herself innocent, the Jedi treated her like shit. So she left the order for good reason.

Lando was fine and dandy with the Empire. Until he harbored fugitives. Which he did.

The Jedi are Space Taliban, the Republic was Space Soviet Union, the Rebels were Space Red Army Faction working in cahoots with Space ISIS after the Jedi were crushed by the Empire. The Rebels wanted to restore a corrupt system of government like Soviet Hardliners tried to do in their attempted coup after the USSR fell.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:15:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
EMPIRE
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/universeconquest/images/f/fa/First_Galactic_Empire_emblem.png/revision/latest?cb=20171002190134

The Rebels were rebelling against the duly constituted authority as enacted by the Galactic Senate.  The Rebel Alliance were the bad guys
View Quote
The Rebel Alliance were Democrats
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The Jedi placed a death bounty on Ahsoka when she was framed for a crime she didn't commit. They didn't have a trial, review evidence, conduct an investigation, etc... they simply said "Ahsoka did it, let's kill the bitch".

And whe  she proved herself innocent, the Jedi treated her like shit. So she left the order for good reason.

Lando was fine and dandy with the Empire. Until he harbored fugitives. Which he did.

The Jedi are Space Taliban, the Republic was Space Soviet Union, the Rebels were Space Red Army Faction working in cahoots with Space ISIS after the Jedi were crushed by the Empire. The Rebels wanted to restore a corrupt system of government like Soviet Hardliners tried to do in their attempted coup after the USSR fell.
View Quote
You have an Empire marked lower dont you?

Where ya get it? I want one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:17:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Neither.

The Rebel Alliance is too incompetent to govern.

The Galactic Empire is ruthless and evil to govern.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:18:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alas... I do not.... yet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Rebel scum
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Alas... I do not.... yet.
View Quote
Random shit I found on google image search for inspiration.

Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:25:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lando wasn't fine at all the entire time he had the deal in place, which was before Han and the rest showed up. Stop being CNN here, fake news is fake news.

The Empire was a tyrannical government, stole property, killed millions and didn't give a shit as it was for their "greater good". There is nothing similar between Soviets and people wanting their freedom back from a tyrannical government.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
if you gotta ask...  

The Empire is responsible for destroying planet(s),
Guilty of killing almost an entire group of people, based upon their beliefs,
Killing people out of convenience,
Political corruption, etc...
View Quote
Alderaan was a planet full of rebels.

The jedi were radical uppity religous kooks.

Killing out of convenience? Eh gotta break some eggs to maintain order on a galactic scale.

Corruption? Point to ANY organization that doesnt have SOMETHING shady occuring. Individuals are exactly that. But that is where killing out of conveniance comes in eh? Keeps folks toeing line even in your own group.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#19]
The only things wrong with the Empire could all be traced to its leadership.  Buncha assholes, every one of them.

The rebels mostly dressed like they were refugees from a renaissance faire gone awry.

And they had about as much organization as a herd of cats, for the most part.

It's amazing they had enough organization to blow their nose, much less two Death Stars.

If I had to choose between being drafted into the Rebellion or the services of the Empire, I'd just want a guarantee that I don't end up being in a regular TIE fighter.  Those things are death traps.   Put me in an Interceptor, Advanced, or Bomber.  I'll earn my slot in a Defender Elite.    Or alternatively I'd volunteer for Red Force training,  flying a T-65B X-Wing or better yet, an A-Wing.  Not a fan of the Z95 Headhunter or Y-Wing and the B-Wing is mostly a bomber and flat out WEIRD.

As for the "new" T-70, it's not even that new, but it is an evolutionary improvement over the T-65B but if you're going to modernize, jump right into the T-85 which is on another level beyond any fighter seen in any SW movie to date.

The only reason to join the Rebellion is for access to its incredibly advanced fighter technologies.  Outside of that it's a bunch of annoying "We hate the government" hippies.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I prefer the Rebel Alliance because who does not love:

Grand Master Yoda
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Master Windu
Luke
Leia
R2-D2
C-3PO
Chewbacca
Han Solo

Who was really right in the struggle in the galaxy?
View Quote
Same as real life. Those that want freedom (and not illusion of it) are the good guys.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
if you gotta ask...  

View Quote
Um, it was the Republic that bred and enslaved an entire species to wage a war and it was the Jedi that killed the Sith because they didn't like their beliefs. Political corruption? LOL.... the Galactic Senate was a joke. Destroying Planets is bad? I guess we were bad for bombing Germany and nuking Japan. The Empire Death Stared Alderaan for the same reason we nuked the Japs twice. To save lives. Our lives.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:38:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Lando wasn't fine at all the entire time he had the deal in place, which was before Han and the rest showed up. Stop being CNN here, fake news is fake news.

The Empire was a tyrannical government, stole property, killed millions and didn't give a shit as it was for their "greater good". There is nothing similar between Soviets and people wanting their freedom back from a tyrannical government.
View Quote
I don't remember seeing the Empire go in and use some poor guy's speeder and trash it. Or try con a business owner out of his property. Last I checked, the Empire didn't have their guys go into locked property to search for suspects either. The Jedi on the other hand simply walked around and did whatever the fuck they wanted. They weren't appointed or elected. But they sure as shit used government funds to have their own private space fleet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:38:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I’d have to say I’m an empire type guy, let’s face it they build jobs across the galaxy while maintaining law and order without getting to involved in your personal life unless your rebel  scum...
View Quote
Terrorist rebel scum.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don't remember seeing the Empire go in and use some poor guy's speeder and trash it. Or try con a business owner out of his property. Last I checked, the Empire didn't have their guys go into locked property to search for suspects either. The Jedi on the other hand simply walked around and did whatever the fuck they wanted. They weren't appointed or elected. But they sure as shit used government funds to have their own private space fleet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You clearly have a poor memory of events if you cannot remember the Empire stealing property, murdering individuals or taking freedoms.

Also, the Empire sure as shit did whatever they wanted. They were far worse than any Jedi at violating property.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#25]
After the Fall of the Republic, within 20 years, the Galactic Empire had conquered the galaxy and imposed order on thousands of planets.

After the Fall of the Empire, within 30 years, the Rebel Alliance did NOTHING with the galaxy and allowed chaos to reign across thousands of planets. And allowed the First Order to rise, which is a crappy version of the worst aspects of the Empire.

Sorry, rebels. History proves YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK. Goodbye.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:42:39 PM EDT
[#26]
<----- See Avatar for details.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:43:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Terrorist rebel scum.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Empire for life! 501st Legion checking in.

TK50777

I am also TB50777
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:46:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Before Palpatine ran the show, the Jedi walked into bars and lopped folks hands off. The citizens were disarmed to the point that a business can invade their planet. Palpatine actually repealed Assault Blaster Bans and instituted Open Blaster Carry laws.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcq59zljda1rjnv36o1_250.jpg

Open Carry Legal Under the Empire.

https://starwarsanon.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/wanna-buy-some-death-sticks.jpg

Under the Republic only the Jedi were armed.
View Quote
And fucking with an honest businessman selling Death Sticks to support his family.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Rebels!

Ahola snackbar at light speed into your shit!!!
View Quote
But Jediism is a religion of peace!
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Um, it was the Republic that bred and enslaved an entire species to wage a war and it was the Jedi that killed the Sith because they didn't like their beliefs. Political corruption? LOL.... the Galactic Senate was a joke. Destroying Planets is bad? I guess we were bad for bombing Germany and nuking Japan. The Empire Death Stared Alderaan for the same reason we nuked the Japs twice. To save lives. Our lives.
View Quote
The destruction of Alderaan was ordered by Grand Moff Tarkin, and I think he did it for two reasons. First of all, Alderaan was definitely a rebellious planet. But also, he as much as said he was going to demonstrate the destructive power of the Death Star on Alderaan so as to dissuade other planets from rebelling. He felt destroying Dantooine would not make a big enough impression on the galaxy because it was too remove of a planet. But Alderaan was a high profile planet. You will never get the desired effect from a new weapon until you use it at least once. Tarkin probably had no taste for destroying multiple planets, and felt sacrificing one for maximum impact was the lesser of two evils. Tough call. I think he made the right one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Empire for life! 501st Legion checking in.

TK50777
https://i.postimg.cc/s28cqq8Z/IMG-20181212-192008-940.jpg

I am also TB50777
https://i.postimg.cc/1thFpQ2M/20181031-0805141.jpg
View Quote
Cool.............do you march with them at the Dragon Con parade in Atlanta?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong-the TIE advanced is coolest fighter (Vader's TIE in SW)
I beg to differ.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/215877/TIE_Interceptor-802104.jpg
   Your generic TIE grunt is just plain suicidal. And the TIE Defender jockey is bloodthirsty. But the TIE Interceptor pilot, he's suicidal and bloodthirsty. When you see a squad of those maniacs flying your way, you'd better hope your hyperdrive is operational."

Kyle Katarn
The only ones more crazy than a interceptor pilot are A-wing pilots that reroute shields to engines.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Empire, all the way.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:43:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The Empire made Mara Jade into an Emperor's Hand and made women Imperial Fleet Admirals. And they were promoted because of their skill and experience. Not because they wore shitty prom dressed with purple hair in their late fifties.
View Quote
Admiral Daala forever! you read my mind.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:43:55 PM EDT
[#37]
I like those too but no hyperdrive or shields.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
if you gotta ask...  

View Quote
But they've got really cool looking ships and stuff...
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:48:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I prefer the Rebel Alliance because who does not love:

Grand Master Yoda
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Master Windu
Luke
Leia
R2-D2
C-3PO
Chewbacca
Han Solo

Who was really right in the struggle in the galaxy?
View Quote
I hate all those characters but Hans. The rest are retarded asshats
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:49:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I like those too but no hyperdrive.
View Quote
True. But TIE fighters were ship/land based craft 99.9% of the time ya?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:52:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

True. But TIE fighters were ship/land based craft 99.9% of the time ya?
View Quote
Yes but if your capital ship was taken out and you were flying a TIE advanced you had choices.
Also-no shields.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yes but if your capital ship was taken out and you were flying a TIE advanced you had choices.
Also-no shields.
View Quote
You made me nerd out a bit and look over the TIE variants. Saw this on the interceptor wiki

"The original production model came equipped with four L-s9.3 laser cannons, one installed on each wingtip. New targeting software was installed in the TIE Interceptor, and the SFS T-s9a targeting computer offered greater accuracy during complex flight maneuvers.[6] Twin laser cannon hardpoints still remained on the "chin" portion of the cockpit module. Provided that technicians could find room for additional power generators, these cannons could also be utilized.[13] Further upgrades, including hyperdrives and advanced shielding made them equal to the Rebellion's X-wing starfighters.[15] Their weapons were equipped with safeties"

Vaders TIE is still cool as hell too. I just personally prefer the interceptors.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:42:34 AM EDT
[#43]
The galacitic empire represents the ultimate evil totalitarian dictatorship from my take of it all. Big fan of the thrawn series, han solo series, i, jedi, darksaber, and a few others i can't think without digging them out. I like to pretend 7-9 don't exist. However rogue one was fantastic.

Rebel Alliance all the way.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:30:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Look, I ain’t in this for your revolution, and I’m not in it for you Princess. I expect to be well paid. I’m in it for the money
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:53:35 AM EDT
[#45]
I'd just be a smuggler or a bounty hunter. Galaxy is too fucking big and to fucking free to get tied up in the tard wars between laser sword hippies and space nazis.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:56:47 AM EDT
[#46]
"Good guys" is a stupid concept. A fiction written by winners.

Supporting any government is incompatible with goodness. They range from only moderately evil to horrifically evil.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:58:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The galacitic empire represents the ultimate evil totalitarian dictatorship from my take of it all. Big fan of the thrawn series, han solo series, i, jedi, darksaber, and a few others i can't think without digging them out. I like to pretend 7-9 don't exist. However rogue one was fantastic.

Rebel Alliance all the way.
View Quote
It was going to be a total one men dictatorship.

"The Imperial Senate will no longer be of any concern to us."
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:03:04 AM EDT
[#48]
The destruction of the Death Star was a FALSE FLAG OPERATION!!!
Audit the Empire!
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:03:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You made me nerd out a bit and look over the TIE variants. Saw this on the interceptor wiki

"The original production model came equipped with four L-s9.3 laser cannons, one installed on each wingtip. New targeting software was installed in the TIE Interceptor, and the SFS T-s9a targeting computer offered greater accuracy during complex flight maneuvers.[6] Twin laser cannon hardpoints still remained on the "chin" portion of the cockpit module. Provided that technicians could find room for additional power generators, these cannons could also be utilized.[13] Further upgrades, including hyperdrives and advanced shielding made them equal to the Rebellion's X-wing starfighters.[15] Their weapons were equipped with safeties"

Vaders TIE is still cool as hell too. I just personally prefer the interceptors.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/215877/tie-fighter-01-802384.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also-no shields.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/215877/tie-fighter-01-802384.jpg
Imperial Propaganda. No Tie Interceptor could be the equal of a T-65. Nowhere near enough power or volume.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:08:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The destruction of the Death Star was a FALSE FLAG OPERATION!!!
Audit the Empire!
View Quote
How else can you explain the Death Star being blown up by Luke Skywalker, the son of Darth Vader, who had been on the Death Star with Lord Vader mere hours before its destruction, and was specifically allowed to leave by order of Moff Tarkin with the blueprints required to destroy the station. The official story boggles the mind in improbability.

It was an inside job. Who really runs the Empire? The Hutts? The Toydarians? It's definitely not a human with how many Sand People and Wookies they take in as refugees every year.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top