Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 20
Posted: 1/17/2023 4:40:15 PM EDT

Cliff notes: Crowder split with the blaze, it has been rumored that he would partner with the daily wire, and dropped this video today.

He reads from a contract offer by an “unnamed big conservative media company” and it basically details if he gets demonetized or doesn’t read ads he is fined a ridiculous amount of money. Basically proving Daily Wire is doing all the things they said was wrong with conservative media.

Edit: Meat and potatoes starts at the 8 minute mark.

Edit 2: This was written in his contract offer:

Edit 3: DW confirmed they sent the contract
Our Offer to Steven Crowder

Update: Crowder records Jeremy
I didn't want to do this...

Cliff notes for those just joining us:

1. Crowder released a video calling out “unnamed big media conservatives” for including in their contracts that if their talent gets de-platformed or de-monetized on big-tech platforms they will lose a substantial amount of their fee. Crowder did not name the daily wire in his initial video, he also did not mention anything about the particular amount he would be paid. He launched stopbigcon.com in response to grow a mailing list.

2. Not 24 hours later, Jeremy Boreing released a video on DW YouTube that admitted that was their contract Crowder was referencing. He went on to show that they offered Steven 50 mil for 2 years, with an additional 2 years at 25 mil. He described that if Crowder was de-platformed, of course they would dock his pay. “They are running a business, not a charity.” He also described that what was sent initially was a non-binding initial offer, not a binding contract, and they expected Crowder to ask for more money, and negotiate.

3. Crowder released a response video to DW and Jeremy claiming that this was never about money, it’s about bowing down to big tech. He secretly recorded a phone call between him and Jeremy. The secret phone call recorded Jeremy saying, Yeah our new talents are “Wage slaves” for a bit, but they’re famous when they leave us.

4. Ben Shapiro released a video detailing that the initial non-binding agreement was sent to Crowder in October 22, and the domain name stopbigcon.com was registered in early December. Insinuating Crowder had been planning this for months.

Crowder went live with Tim Pool
Timcast IRL - Steven Crowder Joins To Discuss StopBigCon.Com Live At 8PM EST
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#1]
“Not going to name name’s”

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 4:48:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I love a good dumpster fire
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love a good dumpster fire
View Quote

This one is gonna be big
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 4:56:26 PM EDT
[#4]
i was just starting to listen to the podcast and it disappeared
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#5]
He didn't mention Daily Wire in that video.

You are probably correct in assuming it is Daily Wire, but let's keep it clear that was an inference not something SC said.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You are probably correct in assuming it is Daily Wire, but let's keep it clear that was an inference not something SC said.
View Quote

Correct he did not name them. But what other big conservative media has you read 3-4 ads in the middle of your show? It’s quite obvious who he’s referring to.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#8]
so it's all just about revenue generation?

Always has been

[headshot]
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#9]
"I don't want to name any names, but we need to start making our field goals." - Akili Smith (at the time, the starting QB for the Cincinnati Bengals)
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#10]
The question the normies need to ask themselves, is after the last six years, the massive swell of conservative outpouring, all the money being flung around everywhere, all the conservatives that have donated untold amounts of money...

What has actually changed? What has happened?

The reality is that at the end of all that, all the people leading the charge are either
1) Completely Blacklisted or Otherwise Ran Off
2) Consolidated under one of two Brands, The Blaze or The Daily Wire

And at the end of all that, the only real success that we've seen was the overturning of Roe V Wade, which has a result of Donald Trump, whom both of those organizations completely outright detested.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:01:58 PM EDT
[#11]
In a way, they have to do this because if he stops making money, they can't keep paying him what he isn't making.

A smarter, less inflammatory way to do this (especially for an ego like his) is to make it a revenue sharing agreement instead. Saying we will give the slice of the pie will all work together to bake goes a lot farther.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:02:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I figured the Daily Wire had enough money to hire a proof reader and editor before handing off an official contract...
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
so it's all just about revenue generation?

Always has been

[headshot]
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#14]
So if Crowder brings in less money, he'll get paid less money?

Why should the company take all the risk?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:05:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In a way, they have to do this because if he stops making money, they can't keep paying him what he isn't making.

A smarter, less inflammatory way to do this (especially for an ego like his) is to make it a revenue sharing agreement instead. Saying we will give the slice of the pie will all work together to bake goes a lot farther.
View Quote

I get that it is bad for business, but if you make your entire daily wire brand around “stop the woke left from demonetizing right voices” then you go ahead and do the same to your content creators knowing full well big tech will strike them down… you’re complicit and a hypocrite.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Shapiro himself must've wrote that contract
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"I don't want to name any names, but we need to start making our field goals." - Akili Smith (at the time, the starting QB for the Cincinnati Bengals)
View Quote

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. As I said in the other thread; Crowder would not use the YouTube platform if this is about principles. It's not about principles, however. It's about money for him too!
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't think Daily Wire would be a good fit for him, anyways. They are very abject to ruffling social media feathers and won't stick their necks out for people.

Crowder has gotten numerous strikes or wrist slaps from YouTube which is the opposite of how Daily Wire runs things. I can see a partnership becoming contentious pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ostensibly, Daily Wire is “building a conservative movement” they don’t need social media platforms for money because they have subscribers. But in his contract if Crowder was ever banned from YouTube he loses 20% of his contract, another 20% from apple podcast, 10% from Spotify, 10% from Facebook. So 40% of his money is gone overnight for being deplatformed, something Jeremy and Shapiro are “fighting against”
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. As I said in the other thread; Crowder would not use the YouTube platform if this is about principles. It's not about principles, however. It's about money for him too!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There aren't many platforms for people to make money, and he's been on there for a long time.

Creating your own platform to stream to as big of an audience as he has is extremely difficult and costly.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Businesses are in business to make money.
Is that so hard to understand?
If you don’t make them money there is no reason for you to be there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I thought he was talking about the Blaze. I know a few folks that commented they were more a money making organization vs what they were originally founded to do.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#24]
So "Conservative" media is going to punish Right Wing content creators if Commie/Leftist Tech platforms have a problem with Right wing content?

Yeah, that sounds about right for Uniparty.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Ostensibly, Daily Wire is "building a conservative movement" they don't need social media platforms for money because they have subscribers. But in his contract if Crowder was ever banned from YouTube he loses 20% of his contract, another 20% from apple podcast, 10% from Spotify, 10% from Facebook. So 40% of his money is gone overnight for being deplatformed, something Jeremy and Shapiro are "fighting against"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ostensibly, Daily Wire is "building a conservative movement" they don't need social media platforms for money because they have subscribers. But in his contract if Crowder was ever banned from YouTube he loses 20% of his contract, another 20% from apple podcast, 10% from Spotify, 10% from Facebook. So 40% of his money is gone overnight for being deplatformed, something Jeremy and Shapiro are "fighting against"

And when conservatives were getting deplatformed Shapiro would direct people to his platform to pay him a membership fee

Nothing like making money off other people while his team play everything on the safe side
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Does Crowder still post here in GD?

in
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:15:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Correct he did not name them. But what other big conservative media has you read 3-4 ads in the middle of your show? It's quite obvious who he's referring to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct he did not name them. But what other big conservative media has you read 3-4 ads in the middle of your show? It's quite obvious who he's referring to.
The Blaze does that with Stu's podcast. What's the big deal? Ad reads pay the bills.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

There aren't many platforms for people to make money, and he's been on there for a long time.

Creating your own platform to stream to as big of an audience as he has is extremely difficult and costly.
View Quote

Sounds like it's worth the risk. You know, since he has such a big audience. He can start cutting the checks for his own employees again.

He needs to go independent if there is any chance for the freedom of action he is requesting.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I thought he was talking about the Blaze. I know a few folks that commented they were more a money making organization vs what they were originally founded to do.
View Quote

He parted from the blaze a little while back, I’m having trouble thinking that it could be anyone other than The Daily Wire he is talking about. What other conservative media is out there? It’s not like he is going back to Fox.

When he mentions the part about the 3-4 ad reads per show it all but guarantees he’s talking about DW
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

in this case, these are businesses that purport to exist to advance conservative thought and agendas.

Breitbart seems to do a decent job of not just saying what you want to hear, but actually fighting for what you believe in (a paraphrased Breitbart quote there), so why is it so hard for these guys?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Well shit, this should be fun.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Ostensibly, Daily Wire is “building a conservative movement” they don’t need social media platforms for money because they have subscribers. But in his contract if Crowder was ever banned from YouTube he loses 20% of his contract, another 20% from apple podcast, 10% from Spotify, 10% from Facebook. So 40% of his money is gone overnight for being deplatformed, something Jeremy and Shapiro are “fighting against”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Youtube fucking owns the world right now. Tech nerds say that might change one day about 10 years from now.

Daily Wire is fighting against it. But right now they have only 1 million subs. You aren't going to take down the giants overnight.

But none of the means Crowder should get paid no matter what happens. Daily Wire has a business to run. Salesmen don't get paid if they're sales are shit.

I buy Jeremy's Razors. I saw What Is A Woman. Daily Wire is the only platform actually doing something.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Idk, seems normal. If his earner power is hurt he gets paid less. Makes sense.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

It can be both.  I work for the money, no doubt about it.  I would not work if they stopped paying me.  

While I have to work for money, I can still do it with dignity and self worth.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is this different than other networks? National Panhandler Radio seems to have plenty of commercials and endless drivel during the fundraising.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:18:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Sounds like it's worth the risk. You know, since he has such a big audience. He can start cutting the checks for his own employees again.

He needs to go independent if there is any chance for the freedom of action he is requesting.
View Quote

I think that's what he's doing.

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:19:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The Blaze does that with Stu's podcast. What's the big deal? Ad reads pay the bills.
View Quote

Right, but he left The Blaze and made it clear it was just a bad fit. I think he even mentioned in the video he is not talking about The Blaze
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:19:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The question the normies need to ask themselves, is after the last six years, the massive swell of conservative outpouring, all the money being flung around everywhere, all the conservatives that have donated untold amounts of money...

The reality is that at the end of all that, all the people leading the charge are either

And at the end of all that, the only real success that we've seen was the overturning of Roe V Wade, which has a result of Donald Trump, whom both of those organizations completely outright detested.
View Quote

conservatives are progressives doing the speed limit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow wow cool it with the antisemitism pal.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:21:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

If he doesn't capitulate to big tech, he will lose a significant amount of his contract.

If his advertisers drop him (how many of the advertisers are Daily Wire adjacent) He loses a significant portion more.

All while they get to maintain all the merchandise revenue, and basically own him.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So "Conservative" media is going to punish Right Wing content creators if Commie/Leftist Tech platforms have a problem with Right wing content?

Yeah, that sounds about right for Uniparty.
View Quote

Controlled opposition indeed.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:24:10 PM EDT
[#43]
I wonder what Dr Peterson's contract with Daily Wire entails?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Shapiro himself must've wrote that contract
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:25:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If he doesn't capitulate to big tech, he will lose a significant amount of his contract.

If his advertisers drop him (how many of the advertisers are Daily Wire adjacent) He loses a significant portion more.

All while they get to maintain all the merchandise revenue, and basically own him.
View Quote

When he was at the blaze I believe he ran crowder shop so idk why that would change. He also has solid sponsors that would never drop him.

Maybe this deal was different. Idk, can’t watch the video rn.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:26:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I wonder what Dr Peterson's contract with Daily Wire entails?
View Quote

Non extradition from Tennessee?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#47]
I would like to sponsor crowder with my used car dealership but I don't know if I could afford a sponsorship or not.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Just logged in to post the link.
I think lots of folks suspected stuff like this was going on.
Makes me wonder how Walsh and his What is a Women has survived?
Maybe cutting deals with Big Tech to let thing through?
Crazy stuff.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I would like to sponsor crowder with my used car dealership but I don't know if I could afford a sponsorship or not.
View Quote
I remember Rush gave a teenager a free ad read when he called in for some start up business or young Republican fundraiser. Rush said it was worth $35,000.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top