BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"I am a super dedicated highly trained athlete that has devoted my life to winning the Olympics.

Also, I won't wear a normal cap like everyone else while I compete because it will mess up my hair."
View Quote

Yet I shave the rest of my body including my arms because the hairs create drag. But my hair on head need a bigger cap.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#2]
these African swimmers dont seem to care.

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 9:53:08 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
these African swimmers dont seem to care.

https://swimswam.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/cvd_MP3A6827.jpg
View Quote

Guy on the right? You'd see him walking down the street and be like, "I bet that guy's a swimmer."

Guy on the left? Wouldn't guess it at all.

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#6]
What about a white guy with dreds? Can he get an aero cap? Most likely his are real and not woven in.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 10:03:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Geeze you guys. The Soul Cap just keeps in the Soul Glo from dissipating in the pool. Why so racist?

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Seems like they just added the adjective “black” to the sentence.  A long blonde’s or brunette’s hair would need stuffing in a cap too. So really not a story.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#9]
With the even the limited and incomplete knowledge I have about hydrodynamics, I do know that changing the contour of their cap could reduce drag on the rest of their body. Seems like a fair ruling to me.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 10:22:21 AM EDT
[#10]
It is racist not letting blacks have their own racist gear?
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:21:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Seems like they just added the adjective “black” to the sentence.  A long blonde’s or brunette’s hair would need stuffing in a cap too. So really not a story.
View Quote

Because the company in question is working a certain angle, one that has proven to get as much success from boardrooms and bureaucrats in one direction as it causes derp in places like here.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:28:58 AM EDT
[#12]
they have rules,the athletes know the rules and need to follow them,don't need race specific exceptions

contrary to current events the world doesn't need to bend over and kiss their ass,once in a lifetime opportunity now get a haircut and compete.
be like everyone else that doesn't expect special treatment
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:36:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Plus, it lessens the likelihood of weaves falling out and clogging up the pool drains and filters.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:45:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

There are always exceptions to the rule.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are two black female swimmers on Team USA. One of them, Simone Manuel, won two gold medals and two silver medals at the last Olympics. There are no black male swimmers on Team USA. However, black male swimmers have won gold before. For example, Cullen Jones won gold in 2008 and 2012.

There are always exceptions to the rule.

My post is meant to educate him.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 12:50:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They FINA piss off a lot of black swimmers!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top