Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 332
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 4:11:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yea, Joe Castiglione pretty much called Chris Del Conte and said "Hey, lets see if we can join the SEC and make millions more $$$. Del Conte was like OK, lets do it.

But if it makes you feel better, Its all the Longhorns fault

@Nailcrusher

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aahhhh so it’s Oklahoma’s fault.
I liked it being Texas’s fault better.

Yea, Joe Castiglione pretty much called Chris Del Conte and said "Hey, lets see if we can join the SEC and make millions more $$$. Del Conte was like OK, lets do it.

But if it makes you feel better, Its all the Longhorns fault

@Nailcrusher

Its always Texas' fault
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 4:18:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I see Fox or CBS getting Mich or OSU vs the west coast teams.   Which would be noon or 3:30 possibly the 7:30 NBC slot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wtf are we going to watch now at midnight?

Assuming Arizona, ASU, and Utah bolt for the Big12, I’d assume some sort of combo of them against original Big12 teams.

Guessing B1G teams will have some later than usual kickoffs @ USC/UCLA/UO/UW ....

I’m guessing whenever an East coast or Midwest BIG team plays out west it will be a 9 or 10 pm eastern time zone kick off.

Maybe if it’s Rutgers or Northwestern. I bet OSU and Michigan don’t get that time slot.

I see Fox or CBS getting Mich or OSU vs the west coast teams.   Which would be noon or 3:30 possibly the 7:30 NBC slot.

Noon kickoffs are real early on the left coast
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You’re correct, but be careful as you are breaking up the “Texas is the root of all ills in college football” circle jerk that the TT and ATM fans have going. Might get some hate jizz on you too…

ETA: I think Castiglione was more firm than “let’s see if we can”. I think he said something along the lines of “we are leaving, y’all should join us but if not, OU will be just fine.”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t blame this on the Big10.
This is the Big12s fault. In fact it’s the Horns fault. If they hadn’t bailed to the SEC and drug little brother Oklahoma along, then the Big12 wouldn’t have added Colorado and started this chain of events.

Oklahoma was actually the school that took the lead with this and texas joined on

You’re correct, but be careful as you are breaking up the “Texas is the root of all ills in college football” circle jerk that the TT and ATM fans have going. Might get some hate jizz on you too…

ETA: I think Castiglione was more firm than “let’s see if we can”. I think he said something along the lines of “we are leaving, y’all should join us but if not, OU will be just fine.”

You forgot Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri are all also doing that circle jerk
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yup. Castiglione is a damn good AD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, from what I have heard, he reached out to the SEC about joining and teh SEC Commish was like "Oh hell yea" THen Texas was like, "we want to come to" and BOOM

Yeah he's a damn good AD from everything I've heard and read over the years
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

The hundreds of tailgaters will be furious
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 4:26:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If California lets them tailgate or cook meat
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the Big12s fault. In fact it’s the Horns fault. If they hadn’t bailed to the SEC and drug little brother Oklahoma along, then the Big12 wouldn’t have added Colorado and started this chain of events.

Oklahoma was actually the school that took the lead with this and texas joined on

Well that’s no way to treat someone who was just helping prove you right. Didn’t you post a few weeks back that somehow this would be Texas’s fault?
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well that’s no way to treat someone who was just helping prove you right. Didn’t you post a few weeks back that somehow this would be Texas’s fault?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 4:37:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Exactly, from what I have heard, he reached out to the SEC about joining and teh SEC Commish was like "Oh hell yea" THen Texas was like, "we want to come to" and BOOM
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was there any truth to the rumor Texas was initially interested in the Big10 but Oklahoma didn’t meet their academic standards so they called the SEC?

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 4:43:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Indeed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed.

Ok see we’re on the same team.

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Was there any truth to the rumor Texas was initially interested in the Big10 but Oklahoma didn’t meet their academic standards so they called the SEC?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oklahoma definitely doesn't fit B1G academic standards, Oklahoma as a state isn't known for its academia
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed.

Wait till yall play on thanksgiving/weekend
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Oklahoma definitely doesn't fit B1G academic standards, Oklahoma as a state isn't known for its academia
View Quote

Just top notch politics
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Just top notch politics
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just top notch politics

Definitely more conservative than just about anywhere.  I like Oklahoma people I know and work with.  Low pay for academic type jobs though
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

If it’s anything like former SEC scheduling, they won’t meet until 2032
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:12:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Schools nearby should never play each other.  Keeps bragging rights going strong
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Big10 and PAC generally fit each other. both think their shit dont stink.  mostly blue states too, imagine that.

fuck the rose bowl

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Hearing AsU, UU, OR st and WAst may be coming to big 12 with reduced shares until TV contract comes back up for renewal.  Guessing that's still more than the terrible pac6 apple contract
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hearing AsU, UU, OR st and WAst may be coming to big 12 with reduced shares until TV contract comes back up for renewal.  Guessing that's still more than the terrible pac6 apple contract
View Quote

big 12 has all the leverage. they shouldve left before ore and UW. after usc ucla split, ore and uw leaving kills the pac for media money. if it survives at all it'll get g5 money

deion showed the way

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:40:30 PM EDT
[#21]

4 corners belong in Big 12. It's a Big East, Big 8, SWC, and Border Athletic Conferencr reunion
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:43:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

4 corners belong in Big 12. It's a Big East, Big 8, SWC, and Border Athletic Conferencr reunion
View Quote

Such natural rivals as Utah and West Virginia
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:43:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

big 12 has all the leverage. they shouldve left before ore and UW. after usc ucla split, ore and uw leaving kills the pac for media money. if it survives at all it'll get g5 money

deion showed the way

View Quote

Exactly.  Not a fan of uneven distribution but they waited too long.  Pac died when the commish couldn't get a decent TV done long ago
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Texas wanted B1G last time, but didn’t make the move because OU didn’t want to make that move. I was under the impression that OU has always felt that SEC was a better fit than B1G.

I’m amused that people are blaming Texas for throwing their weight around, when they really haven’t since ridding the BigXii of partial qualifiers. They were asked by OU to come along to the SEC.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Gonna be honest with y'all:

Killing a conference that's over 100 years old is pretty sad.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 7:08:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes he is.

From what I heard. He reached out and floated the idea of Ou joining and was told yes, the floated OU/TX and was told yes. Then him and Del Conte met for a lunch in Dallas and the alliance to join the sec was born
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not from what I’ve heard. The B10 hasn’t really been enforcing the AAU requirement for about a decade now. The SEC just made more sense.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 7:18:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree.

Also sad is making changes to a historic conference in such a manner that old rivalries become unrecognizable.  We go from playing LSU (56), Ole Miss (46) & Miss St (95) yearly to playing them occasionally.  At least we will now get to play some of our other rivals occasionally ... Tennessee (54) & Florida (84).
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

100%
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Moon shine vs. Mormons should be fun
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just kinda want it to settle in for a decade or more, mind you I like the Arizona schools with Big 12 think they fit good in theory at least
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 8:08:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

It really is.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I agree.

Also sad is making changes to a historic conference in such a manner that old rivalries become unrecognizable.  We go from playing LSU (56), Ole Miss (46) & Miss St (95) yearly to playing them occasionally.  At least we will now get to play some of our other rivals occasionally ... Tennessee (54) & Florida (84).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

The traditions are what really get lost here.

Sure, new opportunities will evolve, but rivalries that are 80-100 years old are now gone.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 9:02:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

West coast football has been declining.  It was going to happen sooner or later.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 9:29:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#37]

lol, no.  

Good cop, bad cop.  

That said, FSU took it a liiiiiiitle far with their commentary.   I ain’t saying I disagree with what they said, mind you.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 9:48:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

lol, no.  

Good cop, bad cop.  

That said, FSU took it a liiiiiiitle far with their commentary.   I ain’t saying I disagree with what they said, mind you.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

lol, no.  

Good cop, bad cop.  

I’d be surprised if UNC hasn’t been talking under the radar to both the SEC and Big 10 for some time now.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 9:55:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Now the rest of the country gets to see just how awesomely nasty the Holy War is.  Just wait until Utah v. BYU determines the Big-12 championship!
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 9:57:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Now the rest of the country gets to see just how awesomely nasty the Holy War is.  Just wait until Utah v. BYU determines the Big-12 championship!
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 10:01:06 PM EDT
[#41]

It could happen sooner than you think.  Utah comes in already as a top tier football team in the conference.

Of course it could take BYU years to get there.

BTW, the four corners schools come in with full revenue shares immediately.  The G5 four are working their way up the ladder.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 10:07:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It could happen sooner than you think.  Utah comes in already as a top tier football team in the conference.

BTW, the four corners schools come in with full revenue shares immediately.  The G5 four are working their way up the ladder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Utah is going to do well in the Big12.
By far the best addition.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 10:14:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Utah is going to do well in the Big12.
By far the best addition.
View Quote

I thought the Pac 12 was full of weak teams? How will they do well in a Power 3 conference?

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I thought the Pac 12 was full of weak teams? How will they do well in a Power 3 conference?

View Quote

The last year of Pac-12 football could be one of the most exciting competitive seasons in any conference ever. The top half of the conference is just loaded for bear.  

I’m absolutely broken hearted over the demise of the conference.  It’s as big of a blot on the sport as has ever happened. The next era of CFB is just not going to be the same.  The death of the only major league west of the Rockies should not be celebrated.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 10:27:34 PM EDT
[#45]

????
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 10:31:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

????
View Quote

I need a couple of B12 team to root for.  How does Utah and TT sound?
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 10:34:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

As long as it’s not BYU.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 10:35:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

As long as it’s not BYU.  

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 10:37:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Duke......

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 6:20:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The last year of Pac-12 football could be one of the most exciting competitive seasons in any conference ever. The top half of the conference is just loaded for bear.  

I’m absolutely broken hearted over the demise of the conference.  It’s as big of a blot on the sport as has ever happened. The next era of CFB is just not going to be the same.  The death of the only major league west of the Rockies should not be celebrated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven’t really heard anyone anywhere actually celebrating what’s happened. I just hope someone (NCAA?) steps up and formulates a plan for the other sports to stay more regionalized.

Football can afford this for the most part. But the other sports cannot. The real tragedy would be seeing schools losing other sports over this.
Page / 332
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top