Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 16
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure, whatever. There will be a bit of wind and a dark cloud. Better put my lawn chairs in the garage!
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 3:32:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Why is it everyday I have off to try and move the weather is shitty. When I am at work its perfect, at this rate I'll never get settled.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#3]
while I would be cool with a new roof/windows, I replaced both my wife's and my car this year. Not especially interested in doing that again this year
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm still waiting on the Frankie MacDonald weather statement. Better get my Chinese food.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 3:50:57 PM EDT
[#5]
You dent just drop that joke did you?

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tornadoes are so rare per square mile that I don't worry about it.

Hail is much more plentiful and leaves a lasting impression
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm still waiting on the Frankie MacDonald weather statement. Better get my Chinese food.
View Quote
You have a point. Frankie hasn't made a video yet so as far as I'm concerned it's going to be sunny all around.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 4:06:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Luckily we moved offices in August and no longer have covered parking at work.

Link Posted: 4/16/2019 4:10:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The only thing worse than hail is the gypsy roof contractors that flock like locusts to effected areas.
View Quote
I'm having a house re-roofed as we speak, but for old age, not storm damage. We've been shooting the shit with the supervisor every morning. He's actually a sub contractor for the roofing company we hired and apparently the guys working under him are also subs. Talking to the guy who delivered the materials, sounds like he's contract too. Pretty soon you figure out why it's $12k to roof a house.

I waited around last night for the crew to wrap up so I could lock the gates and go home. I walked up and said "hey, how's it going" and they just looked at me like I was speaking Swahili.

Cuanto tiempo mas?

Then I get just astonished looks.

Manana siete?

Then I finally get them to tell me 7. Maybe they are from El Salvador, who the fuck knows what's going on.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sure, whatever. There will be a bit of wind and a dark cloud. Better put my lawn chairs in the garage!
View Quote
So you're saying that if it gets that bad, we can rebuild?

Link Posted: 4/16/2019 4:28:09 PM EDT
[#10]
For 12 years I worked in Emergency Management.  Of all the hurricanes, tornados, floods, and wildfires I can honestly say tomorrow's event will be another one.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
For 12 years I worked in Emergency Management.  Of all the hurricanes, tornados, floods, and wildfires I can honestly say tomorrow's event will be another one.
View Quote
Another what?
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Another what?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another what?
I'm going to go with an emergency event to manage.  I'm just glad I get to park in a concrete garage at work, at least it will be spared.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#13]
double click
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 4:40:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Another what?
View Quote
I think he's being facetious.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Tornadoes are so rare per square mile that I don't worry about it.

Hail is much more plentiful and leaves a lasting impression
View Quote
The current Storm Prediction Center forecast puts DFW in an 'Enhanced' (30%) chance category for 'Significant Severe' weather tomorrow.

That presumes there won't be significant daytime heating west of Ft Worth along the forecasted dryline - but:

Should the cap 'break' tomorrow afternoon I'd guess the 'Enhanced' category (30%) will be raised to the 'Moderate' category (45%).
If there is significant heating ahead of the dryline it may well 'break the cap' and allow for significant thermal convection which will allow the unbridled formation of supercell thunderstorms due to the denigrated cap allowing strong updrafts and the formation of cyclic hailstones.

I'm hearing hail, baseball size or larger depending on what happens with the cap tomorrow evening. The tornado threat is only at 5% currently, but that is subject to change too.

Stay aware. Baseball sized hail will kill you deader than hell.

Stay aware!
Stay safe!
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 4:43:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The current Storm Prediction Center forecast puts DFW in an 'Enhanced' (30%) chance category for 'Significant Severe' weather tomorrow.

That presumes there won't be significant daytime heating west of Ft Worth along the forecasted dryline - but:

Should the cap 'break' tomorrow afternoon I'd guess the 'Enhanced' category (30%) will be raised to the 'Moderate' category (45%).
If there is significant heating ahead of the dryline it may well 'break the cap' and allow for significant thermal convection which will allow the unbridled formation of supercell thunderstorms due to the denigrated cap allowing strong updrafts and the formation of cyclic hailstones.

I'm hearing hail, baseball size or larger depending on what happens with the cap tomorrow evening. The tornado threat is only at 5% currently, but that is subject to change too.

https://cropwatch.unl.edu/Hail/Images/Hail-Formation-graphic.png
Stay aware. Baseball sized hail will kill you deader than hell.

Stay aware!
Stay safe!
View Quote
Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I was surprised he hadn't done one yet.
View Quote
My power was knocked out about 11:00 Saturday morning. I got power back late that night, but Spectrum just now got my internet back up.

They had it fixed for about an hour yesterday afternoon, but then they lost the entire node, so I've been without internet for 5 days.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Oh boy!!! We are in the middle of having our roof, outdoor furniture, and a newish garden shed all replaced, and one diesel pickup that remained out in the driveway repaired after that big hail storm whizzed through Oklahoma about three weeks ago. Maybe when I get home the new roof will be finished just in time for THIS storm......
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#19]
We're in the big middle of the ENH mess. We already had the house hit by a tornado a few (9-10) years ago, so hopefully we are done with that nonsince. We came out of that one just fine. Don't want to do it again.
The price we pay for living in a civilized area.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 4:48:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Another what?
View Quote
Yes...…………………..
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 4:50:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You DFW folks seem to get hit with way more than your fair share of this stuff.
View Quote
Nature thinks she gave us DFW guys enough of a break when we were given above average looks and huge dicks.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#22]
In the mid 1900's the folks here in Texas would simply call this weather.    If you live in north Texas you don't need to invest in a 30 year roof.  Chances are sometime over a 5 year span there will be a hailstorm that will require insurance companies to pay for a replacement roof.  Often a good hailstorm will also cause drastic price reductions on the price of new vehicles.

Just keep in mind that is all stuff, take care of your family and animals.  Our Spring storm season is only beginning.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#23]
I looked at some weather sites but don't see a time when this might hit tomorrow.  Noon, afternoon, evening?

Edited:  I found it.  At this time, it looks like early evening just west of DFW then we are gonna get hammered around 8-9 PM.  Kids should be able to get home from school with no problem
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I looked at some weather sites but don't see a time when this might hit tomorrow.  Noon, afternoon, evening?
View Quote
I'm hearing after about 5PM throughout the night to the early morning hours of Thursday morning.

Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Austin and Hill Country up to Lampasas and over to Fredricksburg: Austin/Hill Country Area

DFW Area: Dallas Fort Worth Weatherford/Mineral Wells and down to Waco and East to Nacogdoches
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#26]
So basically Oklahoma is going to Oklahoma
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So basically Oklahoma is going to Oklahoma
View Quote
It would appear that most of Oklahoma is gonna Oklahoma.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Well it's officially official: Frankie has now warned us all. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcLy90T_3Lk
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Yay. We just got our less than 2k miles 4runner back from shop to repair the hail damage last go around.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#30]
FUCK.

I hate Spring time HAIL SEASON in Texas.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:34:26 PM EDT
[#31]
I will work from home tomorrow...my tiny aluminum Volt really does not do well with any type of hail....
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Aaaaaaand....I'm working from home tomorrow.  Vehicles safely in the garage.

Fuck-a-you hair! And fuck yoooooo, dawphine!!! Ha!
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:38:34 PM EDT
[#33]
We are driving to San Antone tomorrow.  Might catch some of this.  Plus, we are supposed to get a new roof this week, but Amarillo looks to be clear of most of it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Trying to convince my wife to leave for Topeka in the morning instead of 4pm. She's having none of it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#35]
It’ll be fucking weak sauce nothingburger. Just like always. Meanwhile I get to listen to my wife fret about it for two days because we need a little sensationalism.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:44:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
I wish I could work from home.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Great. We just had tornadoes spin up Saturday about 30 minutes south of us, and we're in for it again tomorrow night.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It’ll be fucking weak sauce nothingburger. Just like always. Meanwhile I get to listen to my wife fret about it for two days because we need a little sensationalism.
View Quote
Meh. I’ve only been here 4 years and the weather has done a pretty good job of trying to kill me so far.

I pay attention.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Trying to convince my wife to leave for Topeka in the morning instead of 4pm. She's having none of it.
View Quote
Baseball sized hail and LARGER. At highway speeds that shit will come through your windshield and kill you.

This shit is supposed to start up around 5PM, so that would put you smack dab in the middle of the high risk area somewhere in OK. 90% of OK is in the high risk area.

Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#40]
$48 to rent a car for the day....  

Hail tourism.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Baseball sized hail and LARGER. At highway speeds that shit will come through your windshield and kill you.

This shit is supposed to start up around 5PM, so that would put you smack dab in the middle of the high risk area somewhere in OK. 90% of OK is in the high risk area.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDkikMHUsAIMgtK.jpg:large
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDkikMHUsAIMgtK.jpg:large
Yeah, didn't phase her.

I mention tornados and now it's worth changing plans over.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Nature thinks she gave us DFW guys enough of a break when we were given above average looks and huge dicks.  
View Quote

...but seriously, I need to move
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Meh. I've only been here 4 years and the weather has done a pretty good job of trying to kill me so far.

I pay attention.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It'll be fucking weak sauce nothingburger. Just like always. Meanwhile I get to listen to my wife fret about it for two days because we need a little sensationalism.
Meh. I've only been here 4 years and the weather has done a pretty good job of trying to kill me so far.

I pay attention.
I've had weak sauce nothing burgers make me replace my roof a couple of times in the past 10 years - and provide a couple buddies who own a major roofing company and another that owns a big body shop with the dough to pay their country club dues and buy million dollar weekend homes at Possum Kingdom.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Mostly a wind event up here near KC. Maybe some small hail but lapse rates, STDiv didn't support big stuff.  Not enough support for SC development.

You guys in N.TX stay safe though
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Meh. I’ve only been here 4 years and the weather has done a pretty good job of trying to kill me so far.

I pay attention.
View Quote
I’ve been here in DFW 30 years, it’s weaksauce. OKC is much worse.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need a dirt cheap apprentice, a Go Pro mounted to his head, and some decent internet connectivity.

"Not like that you dumb fuck, the other way!"
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You need a dirt cheap apprentice, a Go Pro mounted to his head, and some decent internet connectivity.

"Not like that you dumb fuck, the other way!"
View Quote
I'm now taking applications for this.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 6:35:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
FUCK.

I hate Spring time HAIL SEASON in Texas.
View Quote
Some people say we don't have 4 seasons in Texas.  I beg to differ.  We have Wildfire, Flashflood, Hail and Hurricane seasons.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Are we in the danger zone?
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Damn the danger zone moved West since I last looked. DFW is right in the sweet spot. Several days ago it was Louisiana

Might have to leave work early to ensure I get home and put the car the garage
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top