[#1]
So brave
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 9:52:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 9:54:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good to hear that because the stories told here seem to indicate otherwise, that simple admin mistakes were resulting in fines and loss of license.

Reality is often only a brief visitor to the GD.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:No one is getting their license pulled because of typos.  If that FFL gets a trace request every week because they make a living selling SCCYs and High points, that's another story.

Good to hear that because the stories told here seem to indicate otherwise, that simple admin mistakes were resulting in fines and loss of license.

Reality is often only a brief visitor to the GD.

Weapon Works LLC claims to have been

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsR01fNJNkN/
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If they would only match signatures properly on mail-in ballots like this.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe they should arrest a known 4473 liar, like Hunter biden
Time to hit their site and buy something
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 9:56:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

GD sees a vast conspiracy behind every FFL compliance inspection. What's left out of all of these discussions is that the license holder ASKED to be licensed and agreed to the terms of the license (which includes regular inspections and strict adherence to the rules).

To be an FFL is to be a cog in the machinery of the ATF. They are part of the system. That's what they signed up for.

If you don't want to be the ATF's bitch, then don't send in the application. It's quite simple.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's just a compliance inspection.  Far from going after them.   My store is tiny and I've had inspections take 3 days with multiple agents.

GD sees a vast conspiracy behind every FFL compliance inspection. What's left out of all of these discussions is that the license holder ASKED to be licensed and agreed to the terms of the license (which includes regular inspections and strict adherence to the rules).

To be an FFL is to be a cog in the machinery of the ATF. They are part of the system. That's what they signed up for.

If you don't want to be the ATF's bitch, then don't send in the application. It's quite simple.

You have no more rights and deserve everything you get because you signed up for a license to exercise your rights.  Sure thing there.  I hope that boot is tasty.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Know what's seriously fucked up? They might pull his license for allowing those two incorrect spellings past.

The ATF have been real darlings lately. Orders from the top I gather.
View Quote

He would sue them and win in the court of law as well as public opinion, he is a thorn in Austin’s side but the cops like him as well as everyone else who isn’t a politician, hell even libs like him around here.  That dude is so squeaky clean you would need to use an electron microscope to find even the smallest atomic level dirt and even then the feds will walk away empty handed.  I have bought about 3 cans from him as well as bought numerous rifles and he is probably one of the best ffls in the Austin area and he runs a tight ship.  Everyone here should support this guy and listen to his podcasts called “come and talk it”.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:00:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't do twitter so I can't read the link in the op.
No one has mentioned it yet, but I'm assuming that this is the same Michael Cargill from the case of Cargill v. Garland.

https://www.ammoland.com/2023/01/groundbreaking-ruling-5th-circuit-strikes-down-atf-bump-stock-ban/#axzz867dnFEqx

Same guy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
No one has mentioned it yet, but I'm assuming that this is the same Michael Cargill from the case of Cargill v. Garland.

https://www.ammoland.com/2023/01/groundbreaking-ruling-5th-circuit-strikes-down-atf-bump-stock-ban/#axzz867dnFEqx

The opinion continues to show why the plaintiff, Cargill, is correct and why the Constitution does not allow administrative agencies to make their own criminal law:

Cargill is correct. A plain reading of the statutory language, paired with close consideration of the mechanics of a semi-automatic firearm, re-veals that a bump stock is excluded from the technical definition of “machinegun” set forth in the Gun Control Act and National Firearms Act.

The definition of “machinegun” as set forth in the National Firearms Act and Gun Control Act does not apply to bump stocks. And if there were any doubt as to this conclusion, we conclude that the statutory definition is ambiguous, at the very least. The rule of lenity therefore compels us to construe the statute in Cargill’s favor. Either way, we must REVERSE.

Same guy?

Yup same guy who beat the atf/doj at the 5th circuit
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Hope they are updating Congressman Matt Gaetz, as he is collecting this kind of data for Congress.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:06:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Same guy?
View Quote

Yes.  Same guy.  Cargil is a damn hero
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:13:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Mike used to be a Democrat,  ran for district constable awhile back with campus carry as his main issue.  His own oarty tried to smear him.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:14:26 AM EDT
[#13]

That is some funny shit right there.

You'll get more if you use both hands.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:14:42 AM EDT
[#14]
FAILED EMPIRE!
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:15:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm not sure what you are defending here.   By law they are not supposed to have a registry.   But there have been videos showing them taking pictures of every page in the book.   So is that being used to craft a registry?   They shouldn't be doing it.
View Quote

Exactly, it’s illegal for them to craft a registry even if it’s defacto, but Congress won’t slap their dicks anymore.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:18:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
13,000 transactions....we just can't be having that now, can we?
View Quote

I bet they copied each one for the illegal records registry they not allowed to have.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:23:55 AM EDT
[#17]
I just killed some time over there the other day. Glad I wasn't there for that s**tshow.

When my buddy (RIP) had his shop, he had his lawyer there for every audit. Don't know if that's common, but he didn't trust the feds.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:26:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That's a garbage viewpoint.   Why do you need Daddy. Gov's permission to sell a legal product?   They shouldn't have to sign up for anything.  Do you believe in freedom?   I should be able to sell suppressors in vending machines.
View Quote

Whether you or I believe the NFA, GCA68 and beyond are unconstitutional is completely irrelevant. The courts have said otherwise.

The fact of the matter is that every licensed gun dealer has voluntarily signed up to be part of the ATF's regulatory scheme. They filled out the form, got their fingertips printed, wrote out a check and asked the government's permission to sell guns. It's absolutely their choice to do so and the smart ones are not surprised when the ATF expects them to play along.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:31:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Or don't require a bunch of bullshit to exercise a constitutional right.

We should defund the ATF and eliminate the NFA.

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:32:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Same guy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The opinion continues to show why the plaintiff, Cargill, is correct and why the Constitution does not allow administrative agencies to make their own criminal law:

Cargill is correct. A plain reading of the statutory language, paired with close consideration of the mechanics of a semi-automatic firearm, re-veals that a bump stock is excluded from the technical definition of “machinegun” set forth in the Gun Control Act and National Firearms Act.

The definition of “machinegun” as set forth in the National Firearms Act and Gun Control Act does not apply to bump stocks. And if there were any doubt as to this conclusion, we conclude that the statutory definition is ambiguous, at the very least. The rule of lenity therefore compels us to construe the statute in Cargill’s favor. Either way, we must REVERSE.

Same guy?

Yes,
That is the same Gay Black Austin Gun Store owning "Cargill" who trashed the Trump Bumpstock Ban" in Court.

Mere Coincidence?  

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:35:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You have no more rights and deserve everything you get because you signed up for a license to exercise your rights.  Sure thing there.  I hope that boot is tasty.
View Quote

Do you not understand the difference between an individual's right to keep and bear arms and a company's decision to participate in a regulated industry?

You have a right to keep and bear arms. The fact that the business down the street has to comply with laws that regulate his business does not negate your right to keep and bear arms. If you CHOOSE to acquire your guns through a licensed firearms dealer, that's your choice, but it's not your only choice. In most states, you can buy directly from individuals without getting caught up in the ATF regulations.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:38:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

We should defund the ATF and eliminate the NFA.

View Quote

Good luck with that. Seriously, I wish you well. What are you doing to make that happen?
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:39:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Boost business for gun stores. Post a sign that warns criminals, "Welcome, customers, our store has one of the highest BATF compliance rates in the state. Apply now!"
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:51:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

One of the worst takes I've ever seen in GD, and I'm not in the least surprised by who posted it.

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

One of the worst takes I've ever seen in GD, and I'm not in the least surprised by who posted it.

View Quote

Like it or not, every FFL is an arm of the ATF. I get that a lot of folks in GD (and maybe some FFLs) aren't willing to accept that, but it's a fact.

Don't like it? Don't be an FFL.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 11:20:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That's a garbage viewpoint.   Why do you need Daddy. Gov's permission to sell a legal product?   They shouldn't have to sign up for anything.  Do you believe in freedom?   I should be able to sell suppressors in vending machines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#28]
My CSB with an audit gone sideways.

I was in and out of the gun biz, gun smithing from 1980-1992. Ended up managing a large shop by those years standards. 1600..ish firearms in stock. Direct with HK, Remington, Browning, etc..
A shop in existence for over 30 years.
My guess is at least 30k+ 4473’s already on file. 87% in manual hand written bound books.

Heyday of the drug trade in south Florida. The Wild West it was !

We had ATF field agents in the shop every week at times.
Sometimes they were already following someone. Sometimes they would give a description and ask if we noticed them in the store, sometimes bring a photo line up, sometimes just hang out and bullshit.
We did the valuations for ATF confiscated firearms for them anyway so we already had a good working relationship and would interact with field agents every 3 months when they brought the box of confiscated firearms in for valuation.

So..skip to an audit.
ATF field agent comes in a few days before Miss unscheduled compliance officer shows up.
We track down a 6 year old 4473 trace for the field agent. He makes a copy and says for us to please leave the 4473 out and accessible as he thinks he will be coming back to take the original in a day or two.
We tack it up on the wall with a note to not file it "as per ATF" until the agent calls back or comes in.

Day 2 of audit.. little Miss auditor notices it, goes completely batshit over seeing it tacked on the wall. Threatening all manner of nonsense. Owner is out of town in Africa. The auditor is not listening to the explanation. She wants her pound of flesh. I tell her do what you think you have to but I’m done helping you. Shut us down or leave. I’m not putting up with your nonsense.

2 days later the senior Field agent from the Federal Building 3 blocks away comes in and says I got a call from compliance. Wow..that one is unhinged. You should have called me when it happened.
I ask him.. so where do we stand ?
His reply was. She will not be bothering you guys any more for at least the rest of the year. Probably never again. I told her to stay out of our investigations and our direct interactions with local FFL’s. It’s not in her back yard.
You did as we asked and all she had to do was make a note and give us a call to follow up. She chose drama and I’m the drama maker in this jurisdiction not her.
You guys are good to go. No issues.

Our relationship with ATF in those days was nothing like the stories I read about now days.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Whether you or I believe the NFA, GCA68 and beyond are unconstitutional is completely irrelevant. The courts have said otherwise.

The fact of the matter is that every licensed gun dealer has voluntarily signed up to be part of the ATF's regulatory scheme. They filled out the form, got their fingertips printed, wrote out a check and asked the government's permission to sell guns. It's absolutely their choice to do so and the smart ones are not surprised when the ATF expects them to play along.
View Quote

I don't think you understand what the word voluntary means.

The only voluntary action is whether they want to sell guns. All other parts of the process are involuntary. They cannot choose to sell new guns without a license, they cannot choose to not have the ATF audit them, they cannot choose to not pay licensing fee's, etc.

So no, they didn't volunteer to do anything. The government requires anyone who sells new guns to do these things. Guess what, if no one was willing to do these things, then we wouldn't be able to purchase new guns. We would be limited to whatever used guns already exist and would have to do private transactions.

See how your logic fails? It isn't much of a right if we can't actually purchase guns due to unbearable government regulations on sellers. It's just another roundabout way for the government to prevent us from keeping and bearing arms.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Like it or not, every FFL is an arm of the ATF. I get that a lot of folks in GD (and maybe some FFLs) aren't willing to accept that, but it's a fact.

Don't like it? Don't be an FFL.
View Quote

I get that you voted for this, but your statements are just a mealy mouthed justification for ATF using a coercive licensing practice to control lawful access to firearms for political purposes. It's not consistent with the Constitution.

It's a bad argument, because it doesn't address the issue.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why are you here again?
You are familiar with the Constitution, right?

Specifically, the 2nd amendment.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Damn! I used to do business there.
They had some iffy employees but they seemed well-trained.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Guaranfuckingtee you they spelled it Ausitin
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Sounds like a regular ATF audit to me.
View Quote

Mike is currently suing the FATF. This is retaliation.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#35]
This is all getting to be so tiresome. Over the years, dealers who were "high Volume" got special attention. Of those dealers who had a certain percentage of "crime guns" come back to them, THEY got special treatment. Then there was the used gun list. You were required to submit a list of used guns you bought every month. You know, so they can update their list. Personal favorites were the time under Clinton that EVERY dealer got an inspection with specific emphasis on "assault weapons" listed in a dealers books. To, from. Yes they illegally recorded this information. Yes. THey have gone to dealers and made a list of "high volume buyers". And they DID in fact conduct backgrounds on those folks they identified...you know, just looking. (No, I didn't like this part one little fucking bit but then again, as a retired LEO myself I understand "pro-active" because in this case, there ARE stupids out there that do this) Yes. They have in fact, as part of their Forward Trace efforts to assist in identifying crime guns, have digitized their out of business records. Yes. They have encouraged law enforcement to submit a tracing request on EVERY firearm that comes into their possession. Purely voluntary. Yes. They still receive and coordinate NIBIN data. And yeah, when they were "ordered" to ban certain "accessories"...they did.

So it's not a surprise when they were ordered to "crack down" on dealers....they did. Which is what's going on here. As a matter of fact, ALL of these activities are quite normal and within the scope of their agency mandate. But it doesn't excuse the fact that these days there is some disconnect between these government agencies. None of us are blind and we see the actions of these agencies, not just the atf. All I will say is they need to DO their jobs. According to law. Follow their oath. Stop being political tools.

Yes. ATF has some of the same retarded fucktards every other damned agency in the Country has. Thank your lucky stars or bow to the east or whatever whichaway your Deity resides and say a thank you because THOSE people are far in the minority. Yeah. THOSE types make it hard on the rest of us when they do something stupid.

In my experience, my own contact with the agency has been mostly positive. From what I've read these threads are a result of those policies ultimately the responsibility of some addled-ignorant old fuck that lives in a big white house on the potomac. Allegedly. Elections have consequences. Threads like this are IMPORTANT to know what's going on and pay attention and record what these minions of the state are doing so EVERYBODY can see. Don't let them get away with a damned thing.

I would be remiss in not posting a link to one of my favorite Star Trek TOS episodes to honor our hard working Brothers & Sisters for simply doing their jobs in the Service Of The State. Totally tongue-in-cheek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gXIIsipi84
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Why are you here again?
You are familiar with the Constitution, right?

Specifically, the 2nd amendment.
View Quote

Grow up.

The current ATF regulatory scheme has survived multiple constitutional challenges. Until the Supreme Court says otherwise, the nation's gun laws do not violate the 2nd Amendment. They may violate YOUR interpretation of the Constitution, but neither your nor my opinion counts for shit. Nobody who matters cares what you or I think. The only thing that matters is what those nine robed men and women think. Yes, they've scaled things back a bit with recent decisions but they have not tossed out the entire set of federal gun laws. So, no, they are not unconstitutonal.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Know what's seriously fucked up? They might pull his license for allowing those two incorrect spellings past.

The ATF have been real darlings lately. Orders from the top I gather.

Comment of the year, here.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 2:24:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I was in and out of the gun biz, gun smithing from 1980-1992. Ended up managing a large shop by those years standards. 1600..ish firearms in stock. Direct with HK, Remington, Browning, etc..

Our relationship with ATF in those days was nothing like the stories I read about now days.
View Quote

Shit rolls downhill.  Who was president from 1980-1992?  Who is president now?
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You realize all those 4473s and log books are the ATFs property.  They can do whatever they want with them.  The FFL does not own any of those documents/forms.  The FFL is just acting as a licensed agent responsible for the storage and safekeeping as required by law in compliance with their license.
View Quote

It's all unconstitutional as fuck. Fuck the ATF
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 7:55:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's all unconstitutional as fuck. Fuck the ATF
View Quote

That's something I like about Buckshot_Jim

Few Words,  but POWERFUL Words!

F the BATFE!

BIGGER_Hammer
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top