User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 12:15:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For the price I would rather have a true super car like a Ferrari, Lamborghini, or very high end Porsche.
View Quote

Why isn’t this a “true super car” in your opinion?
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That seriously sounded like asshole.  Comparing a viper v10 to the perfectly balanced Lexus is hilarious

fun story and why I love the cars I do.  DSM shootout probably 2001ish.  Mopar Nationals happened the night before.  There are half a dozen vipers including a henny still at the track doing some tuning.  viper happened to be my favorite car at the time. I was attending the shootout with a Friend.  

then all the 4 banger forced induction awd cars hit the track.  I watched all of the vipers get smoked time after time by a bunch of 16yo kids running fish tank regulators for boost controllers.  The old boomer Hennessy guy really didn't like loosing  3 of 3 to a bunch kids in $1000 cars. After the third lose he got out. Whipped his $1000 shoei helmet down the track and kicked in his own viper door.  

it was at that point I knew what my favorite cars were

track announcers were almost as good.
"kids, last night was the mopar nationals, There cars wererunning 9 seconds and breaking drive shafts" he blasts across the PA. The first two cars rip sub 9 and the Announcer shits himself.  

second run a carbon shaft explodes.  Someone ran on to the track held up the pieces and yelled to the announcer. "Yea it's carbon fiber"

good times.

comparing anything mopar to the Lexus isn't even possible and I am a huge mopar fan boy.   The 90-99 eclipse is the baddest mopar and possible best car ever made.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
That seriously sounded like asshole.  Comparing a viper v10 to the perfectly balanced Lexus is hilarious

fun story and why I love the cars I do.  DSM shootout probably 2001ish.  Mopar Nationals happened the night before.  There are half a dozen vipers including a henny still at the track doing some tuning.  viper happened to be my favorite car at the time. I was attending the shootout with a Friend.  

then all the 4 banger forced induction awd cars hit the track.  I watched all of the vipers get smoked time after time by a bunch of 16yo kids running fish tank regulators for boost controllers.  The old boomer Hennessy guy really didn't like loosing  3 of 3 to a bunch kids in $1000 cars. After the third lose he got out. Whipped his $1000 shoei helmet down the track and kicked in his own viper door.  

"kids, last night was the mopar nationals, There cars wererunning 9 seconds and breaking drive shafts" he blasts across the PA. The first two cars rip sub 9 and the Announcer shits himself.  

second run a carbon shaft explodes.  Someone ran on to the track held up the pieces and yelled to the announcer. "Yea it's carbon fiber"

good times.

comparing anything mopar to the Lexus isn't even possible and I am a huge mopar fan boy.   The 90-99 eclipse is the baddest mopar and possible best car ever made.  

Sir please
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 12:25:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Sir please
View Quote
Next words I usually hear.  "How about again but this time from a roll"
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 12:27:54 PM EDT
[#4]
nissan 300zx with uglier headlights.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 12:33:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sir please

I want a 12L V12 that revs to 30k
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Why are billionaires so stupid?

If I was a billionaire I would do stuff like that V12 or make like a quad- compound turbo on a Cummins where every cylinder has it's own set of 4 angry snails and they would be really angry

@HappyLife_NoWife
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They've continued to dwindle. I'm not saying Craig Zinn has one untitled currently, but if there's any, I'm betting one of his still is. His dad was the first Toyota dealer in FL (mid 60s),  initial Lexus franchisee who has a great collection of rare Toyotas, including a number of 2000GT. He's a driver, and used to daily one CZAG controls two Lexus franchises now and was friends with Naruse.
View Quote

I have heard of him and his collection. Wish I had that kinda money
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#9]

It'a good that you have the tow hook installed and ready to use
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So is my Hellcat Challenger at 160 mph.
View Quote

The difference is he can park the Lexus and it not be stolen in every bigger city in the nation.

The hellcat is gone in 60 seconds in any city.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It'a good that you have the tow hook installed and ready to use
View Quote

Sort of critical on any road course car to have a tow hook capable attach point. Especially on a car that is known to slide sideways quickly. Since you’re clearly insinuating from a reliability stand point it’s funny. The Viper motors and vipers in general are incredibly reliable and run for a very long time with just basic maintenance. My car has been trouble free for the 10 years I’ve owned it. Biggest reliability issues I have had was from my first Zl1 and my Mustang GT-PP3.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

A shame that enthusiast owned dealerships are dwindling these days. The late owner of one of the bigger Toyota dealerships here had quite a collection, including a LFA. Don't think it lasted more than a month or two after his passing before his daughter liquidated it all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They've continued to dwindle. I'm not saying Craig Zinn has one untitled currently, but if there's any, I'm betting one of his still is. His dad was the first Toyota dealer in FL (mid 60s),  initial Lexus franchisee who has a great collection of rare Toyotas, including a number of 2000GT. He's a driver, and used to daily one CZAG controls two Lexus franchises now and was friends with Naruse.

A shame that enthusiast owned dealerships are dwindling these days. The late owner of one of the bigger Toyota dealerships here had quite a collection, including a LFA. Don't think it lasted more than a month or two after his passing before his daughter liquidated it all.

Sometimes its a necessity of continuation - due to realities, poor planning on the estate end or lack of interest on the heirs. Len Imkke's classic collection comes to mind.

Lotta guys get in the Dealer biz cos they are Car Guys. Friend who was an IMSA racer sold his franchises, probably in a move to simplify his estate planning situation.  Another I knew had poles barns full of classic muscle cars he'd sequester as he came across them - in daily business or sought out. But what the fuck do you do with them after he's gone but the fruits of his obsession remain.

Not everyone is equipped or inclined to take a cost center collection and turn it into a profit center entity (or at least an estate planning friendly org) ike the Colliers did with Revs.  So I get it

Link Posted: 9/3/2023 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The difference is he can park the Lexus and it not be stolen in every bigger city in the nation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve parked mine in cities hundreds of times and never had an issue.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/dont_believe_you_anchorman_zps267e5cbb_GIF-108.gif

That Lexus grill ruins everything.  Whomever designed that should die a slow, painful death
View Quote

Naw, I like the spindle grill. It’s imposing IMO.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#15]
If it doesn't blub

I don't get a chubb
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 2:32:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Something derived from that shpuld have been the next Supra.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2023 3:11:51 PM EDT
[#17]
While I'm late to the @whiskersthecat automotive thread takeover; occasionally some Europeans learn to 'Merica

Because what's better than big cars and big blocks? Racing them.

Ford Fairlane 500 (1964) - Nordschleife

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/article/cars/holman-moody-ford-fairlane-thunderbolt-its-coming-uk
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
While I'm late to the @whiskersthecat automotive thread takeover; occasionally some Europeans learn to 'Merica

Because what's better than big cars and big blocks? Racing them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD48OX1wu14

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/article/cars/holman-moody-ford-fairlane-thunderbolt-its-coming-uk
View Quote

Everything America does except the government is correct
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 3:20:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

good times.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

good times.

"The old boomer Hennessy guy really didn't like loosing  3 of 3 to a bunch kids in $1000 cars. After the third lose he got out. Whipped his $1000 shoei helmet down the track and kicked in his own viper door. "

Ahegao themed "ok boomer" wrap?
@TheWhitePill @JLPettimoreIII @The_Master_Shake @beitodesstrafe
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

There’s two sets of times people pay attention to in performance. Straight line or road coarse. You’re saying it’s not about lap times then mentions your car still being around smoking hellcats.

You’re a wee bit contradictory there in your statement.

Would like to know more about this 10 second eclipse though. I did like that body style back when it came out. Especially the GSX-T. Favorite from that era was the 3000GT VR4 Spyder though. That car was ahead of it’s time.

The main point that usually sticks in my head is that when you push things to the extreme limits. Like massive boost in a smallish 4 cyl things don’t tend to last long without major rebuilds. The viper makes 600+ stock. And with a few bolt ons or a cam/head upgrade 700.

To get that power to weight ratio in a smaller 4cyl it’s a shit ton of stress going into the motor to do it. I remember back in the 2000’s. The saying was “there’s no replacement for displacement except technology” it was the rally call of the 20 year old reply to the boomers. As I get older though. It’s easy to note the reality is that same tech can be applied to big engines. Like the Calvaro Motorsports 2400hp Gen V viper. It really depends on where you want to start off with as a platform.

All the stuff done to an eclipse done to a hellcat or Z06 or Viper. Would make that eclipse get left behind in the dust. As for the reference to John Hennessy. He’s a scam artist that is hated in the Viper world. He ripped off people repeatedly and did dangerously unreliable tuning to engines.

View Quote

Well the 4g63 is probably one of the best engines ever built for it's size.  Lot's of guys running crazy power on stock internals for years.  I was running 30+psi on a 35r in my daily driver for years with not a single problem.  Stock everything internal including the driveline.  Guy at our track in a Viper wouldn't even race me at that point.

Link Posted: 9/3/2023 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's very kind of you but I'm actually retarded
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When did GD become gay

You're one of the smartest, most personable guys on this forum.
Why do you feel the need to mimic the retards?
Does GD have some sort of power over you?

Glad to see you are at least admitting it, explains your posts in this thread
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sir please

Lol...AWD will bring that out in people.  When I upgraded my turbo a roll didn't help them much either though.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 3:35:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Kinda ugly imho. I’d still be thrilled to own one. We love Lexus. There’s a beauty in functionality that this one has.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 3:41:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When did GD become gay

Cue the Uncle Alex gif.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 3:42:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Why are billionaires so stupid?

If I was a billionaire I would do stuff like that V12 or make like a quad- compound turbo on a Cummins where every cylinder has it's own set of 4 angry snails and they would be really angry

@HappyLife_NoWife
View Quote

Can't be based and be a billionaire.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Sometimes its a necessity of continuation - due to realities, poor planning on the estate end or lack of interest on the heirs. Len Imkke's classic collection comes to mind.

Lotta guys get in the Dealer biz cos they are Car Guys. Friend who was an IMSA racer sold his franchises, probably in a move to simplify his estate planning situation.  Another I knew had poles barns full of classic muscle cars he'd sequester as he came across them - in daily business or sought out. But what the fuck do you do with them after he's gone but the fruits of his obsession remain.

Not everyone is equipped or inclined to take a cost center collection and turn it into a profit center entity (or at least an estate planning friendly org) ike the Colliers did with Revs.  So I get it

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classic muscle cars lmao.

My mom has a Cayenne, Cayennes are faster in a straight line and around the Ring. And despite the twin turbo V8 get way better gas mileage too.

Classic muscle cars are Beanie babies for a certain male age demographic.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 4:06:53 PM EDT
[#27]
It's hot. And nothing before or after has sounded as amazing as the LFA.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 4:33:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Classic Aston Martin V8 Vantage with 7.0litre conversion review. Britain''s best supercar of the 80s

If u don't like this car on even just an abstract level ur gaaaaaay @WhiskersTheCat

427ci V8
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 4:44:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes, it is dead sexy in looks and sound.

I've had literbikes, the closest I'll get to that kind of acceleration.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 4:50:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Still kind of looks like a Toyota Cadillac STS
View Quote

Fixt
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 4:50:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

My point was you were dissing the Lexus for nannies when they are pretty ubiquitous.  If you want to say your Viper is more manly because it doesn't have those features, ok, fine but don't single out Lexus as the only brand that tries to find ways to avoid killing their clients.  

If you want to talk about driver assistance, all I have is boosted brakes on mine.  Fortunately for me, even with some minor mods, I also have less than 200 hp as well.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/502236/IMG_4897_jpeg-2941035.JPG
View Quote

I have the same car, just a different color and mine has dark brown poo color interior.

Even with only 200hp it'll still get your ass if you're not paying attention, plus I've lightened mine up so it tips the scales at 2352lbs without me in the car.

It's not super car fast, but it's sub 6 seconds to 60mph.

now for the origional post, I have always thought the LFA was the best sounding factory car ever built.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Trash Jap trash for trash by trash that's trash
View Quote
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/What-is-a-sh-tpost-/5-2669669/?page=1
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yes, it is dead sexy in looks and sound.

I've had literbikes, the closest I'll get to that kind of acceleration.
View Quote

Most liter bikes would walk an LFA.  

LFA exhaust is among the best ever made.  Performance, especially coupled with the price is just meh.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

My mom has a Cayenne, Cayennes are faster in a straight line and around the Ring. And despite the twin turbo V8 get way better gas mileage too.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/D2B81D48-99F5-45D6-811C-53B35C0076AA-706.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/D2B81D48-99F5-45D6-811C-53B35C0076AA-706.gif

Don't think he gave two shits about running any, he was just a collector - and he had some top stuff. Like collecting matchbox cars for you likely.

After the dealership group transacted, his family cared even less. Know where some went - was a lot of desirable iron that  went out over time

The other guy was good enough to drive stints for a top IMSA team - even late in his life imagine he'd run circles around your moms . . .Cayenne. Least he always did me, but you may be a more accomplished driver.

Ayada and I were talking about car guys in the dealership world, which by your comments, you likely missed.

Link Posted: 9/3/2023 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This one's 38% smaller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqaJKTRs-Kg

View Quote

I got to see these in person in Indianapolis twice @eracer

Me and my buddies loaded up my station wagon and drove through the night from Virginia and arrived for qualifying then GT3 cup cars.

I not only remember the smell, but where the best steak sandwich stand was
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yes, the difference is “classy” doesn’t apply to his overpriced Ricer ride.

Mine’s an affordable modern muscle with Retro lines. It’s both classy and classic.
View Quote

uh huh  

let me guess

you tell yourself

"the reason women won't talk to me is because I am so hot it makes them nervous"

yup  sure   whatever makes you feel good
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/dont_believe_you_anchorman_zps267e5cbb_GIF-108.gif
That Lexus grill ruins everything.  Whomever designed that should die a slow, painful death

The designer was a drunk, copy-cat homo.

The Lexus grills PRIOR to 2011 were actually reasonable. After that Lexus adopted the “wide-n-loud” EuroTrash style. It went downhill from there especially because makers of traditionally American-styled cars like Ford started doing it to Mustangs.

Dodge didn’t do it to the Retro lines of the Challenger but did incorporate some elements the wide EuroTrash look on the grill of the Charger 4-door sedan. Very sad.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:47:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Love those cars.  Angry hornet exhaust, one of the best sounding exhausts created.
View Quote

No …
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Completely …

Attachment Attached File

Thefts of the 4-dr Charger sedan Hellcats are currently waaay ahead of any other car in the nation. In fact, Chargers in general but the 392s and Hellcats trims lead the league.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:20:05 PM EDT
[#40]
I'd drive that.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:28:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Completely …

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/deOINby-52.gif

Thefts of the 4-dr Charger sedan Hellcats are currently waaay ahead of any other car in the nation. In fact, Chargers in general but the 392s and Hellcats trims lead the league.
View Quote

Probably because there are a billion of them and most are parked in trailer parks and the ghetto.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:33:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I got to see these in person in Indianapolis twice @eracer

Me and my buddies loaded up my station wagon and drove through the night from Virginia and arrived for qualifying then GT3 cup cars.

I not only remember the smell, but where the best steak sandwich stand was
View Quote

We know.  It's okay.  It's all okay.

Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:58:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Here is another labor of love that's going to go away this next week, likely due to similar circumstances. It's a lot harder to justify a barely profitable museum when the man behind it is no longer there:National Motorcycle Museum Made my last visit there two weeks ago, thankfully it seems people were showing up in force to give it a good last push.

The daughter who took over the dealership had very little interest in cars, let alone running a business, so it's not hard to fault the decision to liquidate versus keeping it all around for her fathers legacy. At least the chain that eventually bought the dealership from her has kept some of his spirit alive, albeit with slightly smaller investments like 1970s Corollas.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:09:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Here is another labor of love that's going to go away this next week, likely due to similar circumstances. It's a lot harder to justify a barely profitable museum when the man behind it is no longer there:National Motorcycle Museum Made my last visit there two weeks ago, thankfully it seems people were showing up in force to give it a good last push.

The daughter who took over the dealership had very little interest in cars, let alone running a business, so it's not hard to fault the decision to liquidate versus keeping it all around for her fathers legacy. At least the chain that eventually bought the dealership from her has kept some of his spirit alive, albeit with slightly smaller investments like 1970s Corollas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometimes it's a necessity of continuation - due to realities, poor planning on the estate end or lack of interest on the heirs. Len Imkke's classic collection comes to mind.

Yea sucks. The J&P sale provided a nice legacy, but you can't op at a loss forever.  John was not that old

There's a significant difference missed here, comparing mass produced models with 30-60 times the production to a very limited run model - with all that entails. Which shows up in transactions avgs of $625k+ for LFAs vs some of the stuff compared here. Significantly more when you compare limited sub models. That trend will continue and likely widen.

The LFA had competing dictates which led to a widely competent vehicle, but not an ultimate one. For that look at Toyotas GT-One road cars. Nobody has gotten a shot at either of those two.

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
When did GD become gay
View All Quotes
Quoted:
When did GD become gay

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL.  Compared to who?
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:20:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

LOL.  Compared to who?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When did GD become gay

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL.  Compared to who?

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:20:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If it doesn't blub

I don't get a chubb
View Quote

Almost better than "VROOM! VROOM!" to describe the archaic adoration of large-displacement V-8's with manual transmissions..

The future is now, friend.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:57:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top