Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 61
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#1]
We need a solid and committed 15 dudes or more for the memorial hike so we can hump the mortar et cetra.

In all seriousness, I'm considering nerding out and spending 100 dollars getting a reproduction WWII 1941 type Paramarine frog camo uniform to wear along with my M1 Garand...
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:23:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We need a solid and committed 15 dudes or more for the memorial hike so we can hump the mortar et cetra.

In all seriousness, I'm considering nerding out and spending 100 dollars getting a reproduction WWII 1941 type Paramarine frog camo uniform to wear along with my M1 Garand...
View Quote
I like goals over participation.

Even if we don't get enough guys, let's make it miserable.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 12:41:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I like goals over participation.

Even if we don't get enough guys, let's make it miserable.
View Quote
What is crazy...is there are tens of thousands of gun owners in NOVA, and we haven't hit platoon size for a hike yet.

To be fair, we just started a harder drive for participation a week ago. But you guys need to bring all your friends with guns. They don't even have to be tacticool.

Just all the people you know with a gun.

All of them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 1:22:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am still disappointed that nobody agreed with my “let’s scatter!” suggestion when the police car pulled up.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Once the marches really get going, and Rockhard ends up with a full squad, I am just imagining the press conference of the ambitious police chief who arrests us. The table displaying not just a bunch of suppressed SBRs, but a mortar and a Carl Gustav, will definitely make it to CNN!  I hope my army buddies in Denmark get to see it.  Then I can tell them: “See. This is what freedom looks like!”  

I hope the bail isn’t excessive.  
How nervous do you think those cops would be?

Freedom is scary.

I think rockhard did everyone a favor by talking to the cops last time.
I am still disappointed that nobody agreed with my “let’s scatter!” suggestion when the police car pulled up.  
Not worried about the police - I am worried what my wife will do to me after she posts bail.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 1:45:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What is crazy...is there are tens of thousands of gun owners in NOVA, and we haven't hit platoon size for a hike yet.

To be fair, we just started a harder drive for participation a week ago. But you guys need to bring all your friends with guns. They don't even have to be tacticool.

All of them.
View Quote
... people we could depend on. And I think that's the problem.

For shoots, I am thinking we could get range 305 or something at Quantico, do something 3-gunnish. Perhaps with some training time mixed in. I need a proctor for my RSO qual there, but after that, it's possible we could open a range.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

For shoots, I am thinking we could get range 305 or something at Quantico, do something 3-gunnish. Perhaps with some training time mixed in. I need a proctor for my RSO qual there, but after that, it's possible we could open a range.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of them.

@Mjohn3006 is a solid guy with training and RSO quals.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 8:17:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of them.

I was a CRSO for 6 years at NRA HQ range as well as pistol and rifle instructor. But since I left over a year ago I think my creds have lapsed. I’ll have to check.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have two P99s. Got plenty of mags though, cleaning mat seems neat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do any of you have a Walther P99 9mm? I was gifted some stuff when a neighbor moved a few years ago and was going through it. There are 2 10 round mecgars for it and one of those cleaning mats with the schematics for it.

Edit: Not for sale. Just looking to give it to someone who can use it for themselves.
I have two P99s. Got plenty of mags though, cleaning mat seems neat.
The stuff is yours if you want it then. I can pretty easily meet up with you in the Sterling/Ashburn/Leesburg area, lunchtime is the best for me during the week.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 2:47:24 PM EDT
[#9]
It was pretty goddamn cold in the stand today.  Saw two bucks, couldn’t get a good shot/look at them due to foliage.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#10]
@RockHard13F We foing on Thursday night this week? @DK-Prof no Flecktarn this time. Or everyone goes Flecktarn?

BTW I have a couple of 1k cases of 124 gr 9mm projectiles, which means they happen to weigh just shy of 18 lbs each, if someone needs to borrow compact weights for their ruck.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 3:28:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That pattern is all I’ve got, in terms of gear and backpack.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@DK-Prof no Flecktarn this time. Or everyone goes Flecktarn?

That pattern is all I’ve got, in terms of gear and backpack.  
Sounds like you need some updated patterns...

Link Posted: 11/18/2019 3:46:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It was pretty goddamn cold in the stand today.  Saw two bucks, couldn’t get a good shot/look at them due to foliage.
View Quote
At least you saw them. You'll connect soon.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone want to join Rockhard and I on Wednesday for a hike? Arlington/ Alexandria
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Anyone want to join Rockhard and I on Wednesday for a hike? Arlington/ Alexandria
View Quote
At 1900. Four Mile Run Park Parking. 6 or 7 miles.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 8:38:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 8:44:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Cannot.  I teach a class from 7:00 to 10:00  

Have fun, and try not to get arrested without me!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cannot.  I teach a class from 7:00 to 10:00  

Have fun, and try not to get arrested without me!  
Solution...I will locate a bullhorn, and you being your students on the hike. Teach the class via bullhorn. I can locate firearms for all of them to carry (mandatory, of course). How many students?
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I could make it around 8 - going the same route as last time?  I may try to catch up for the last half.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 9:29:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I could make it around 8 - going the same route as last time?  I may try to catch up for the last half.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If Whiskers is good with it, we can push the whole thing to 8. Different route.

-break-

Anyone doing the big gun show this weekend? I'll be looking for a M1941 Johnson, and possibly selling an M1 and PVS14.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 9:38:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Quoted:

If Whiskers is good with it, we can push the whole thing to 8. Different route.

-break-

Anyone doing the big gun show this weekend? I'll be looking for a M1941 Johnson, and possibly selling an M1 and PVS14.
View Quote
Sure. I'm down for pushing to 8, but ideally I'd like to be home around 10.

6er at 8? Gives me time to travel back.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Sure. I'm down for pushing to 8, but ideally I'd like to be home around 10.

6er at 8? Gives me time to travel back.
View Quote
Sounds good. 10km at 2000 it is.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 11:28:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
I might be able to make it too, homeyclaus Jr's judo hour ends at 1930, drive from Springfield -> Vienna -> rally point in 30 minutes
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 11:30:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I might be able to make it too, homeyclaus Jr's judo hour ends at 1930, drive from Springfield -> Vienna -> rally point in 30 minutes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How old is Homeyclaus JR? Bring him along...
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 11:54:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a meeting in Alexandria that afternoon.  Will toss the stuff in the truck.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 12:03:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have a meeting in Alexandria that afternoon.  Will toss the stuff in the truck.
View Quote
Did you catch we moved to 2000? I'd be down for dinner before if you are free though.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 12:11:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Did you catch we moved to 2000? I'd be down for dinner before if you are free though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, got it.  I can make that work.  I'll need to swing home for the K9 before hand.

Meet @ RT's down the block at 7?
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 12:20:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Ah, got it.  I can make that work.  I'll need to swing home for the K9 before hand.

View Quote
I'll say "yes" subject to @Jenzilla vetoing it based on preggers food preferences if you don't mind. I assume she will want to join us.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 12:34:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'll say "yes" subject to @Jenzilla vetoing it based on preggers food preferences if you don't mind. I assume she will want to join us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sound's good. I'll check in on the thread Wednesday afternoon.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 12:48:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

10. He'll be a whiny weasel (tm) if it looks like work. And stuff like school the next morning without mommy having to shout him all the way out the door.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 1:09:23 AM EDT
[#31]
You guys are having all the fun
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 7:14:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Getting ready to walk out in the dark to get in place to hunt (not hunt in the dark), thanks to my NODs. Notice my wood and steel thuddy thuddy hunting rifle.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 7:39:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Getting ready to walk out in the dark to get in place to hunt (not hunt in the dark), thanks to my NODs. Notice my wood and steel thuddy thuddy hunting rifle.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/109690/0C636323-A29D-4F90-AA02-4BE8F408F369_jpeg-1166413.JPG,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/109690/0C636323-A29D-4F90-AA02-4BE8F408F369_jpeg-1166413.JPG,
NODs.

Making getting up early AF awesome.

Brought to you by America
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 8:28:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Found Jefflebowski

Link Posted: 11/19/2019 8:29:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Tell me not (Sweet) I am unkind, 

That from the nunnery 

Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind 

To war and arms I fly. 

True, a new mistress now I chase, 

The first foe in the field; 

And with a stronger faith embrace 

A sword, a horse, a shield. 

Yet this inconstancy is such 

As you too shall adore; 

I could not love thee (Dear) so much, 

Lov’d I not Honour more.

We need to be prepared in the event this is passed.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 9:11:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone deal with Potomac armory? They won a gunbroker item from me and have not paid. They keep asking when I’m available to stop by with the rifle and they can pay me, I reply with my availability, then they never reply until I send them a WTF email.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Anyone deal with Potomac armory? They won a gunbroker item from me and have not paid. They keep asking when I’m available to stop by with the rifle and they can pay me, I reply with my availability, then never reply until I send them a WTF email.
View Quote
Never have, sorry
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 10:41:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Are there any NBB guys that legit are lacking gear? Especially chest rigs or the like for carrying magazines?

Just got an offer to supply a bunch of folks from out of state.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 11:30:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Are there any NBB guys that legit are lacking gear? Especially chest rigs or the like for carrying magazines?

Just got an offer to supply a bunch of folks from out of state.
View Quote
Is this IIIA?

Attachment Attached File

Since I ordered the PC/armor and battle belt. My to buy list looks like: 3 rifle mag kywi, CAT TQs, some fresh quick clot, misc bandages, hydration/small pack for pc, new camo pants/tops, better 3 day pack, ballistic helmet, NVGs would be sweet..., etc. and ammo/mags. Can never have enough ammo and mags.

I have serviceable what have yous. So I’m not totally without. But I haven’t been focused the last couple of years.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 11:35:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Is this IIIA?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316036/54AF2364-3010-4C56-9F56-B3DE6FCB8D00_jpeg-1167256.JPG

Since I ordered the PC/armor and battle belt. My to buy list looks like: 3 rifle mag kywi, CAT TQs, some fresh quick clot, misc bandages, hydration/small pack for pc, new camo pants/tops, better 3 day pack, ballistic helmet, NVGs would be sweet..., etc. and ammo/mags. Can never have enough ammo and mags.

I have serviceable what have yous. So I’m not totally without. But I haven’t been focused the last couple of years.
View Quote
You should hold off on the cammies til we have a NBB agreed on uniform...
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:16:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 6:46:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I vote for bright red tunic, and a hat made out of some sort of large black furry animal.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I vote for bright red tunic, and a hat made out of some sort of large black furry animal.  
The first thing I thought of last night when I read his post was “ok but dk-prof doesn’t get a vote...” Then I saw your post this morning I knew I was right and shouldn’t have deleted that reply.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 7:00:46 AM EDT
[#44]
I have an unaccompanied interment at Arlington I’m waiting to schedule. Think I’ll schedule it around one of these hikes and let the business foot the gas bill. Driving 5 1/2 hours to hand someone an urn will be less aggravating that way.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 9:15:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No on the tunic, BIG TIME YES on a ridiculous animal hat. Lmao
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have an unaccompanied interment at Arlington I’m waiting to schedule. Think I’ll schedule it around one of these hikes and let the business foot the gas bill. Driving 5 1/2 hours to hand someone an urn will be less aggravating that way.
View Quote
We'd be happy to have you.

We're doing another one this evening.  Just post up. Sometimes there are other hikes without their own thread
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Need to borrow a ruck and some weight for it? ALICE belt and suspenders?

Also, I have insulated, all-leather YDS black combat boots that are a size 43 (that's a 10/10.5) to give away. The size that fit me was super-comfy, but these aren't my size.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:54:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I recently found my old Alice Pack from the 1980s.  Anyone who wants to borrow it is welcome.  Just the pack, no frame.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Need to borrow a ruck and some weight for it? ALICE belt and suspenders?

Also, I have insulated, all-leather YDS black combat boots that are a size 43 (that's a 10/10.5) to give away. The size that fit me was super-comfy, but these aren't my size.
I recently found my old Alice Pack from the 1980s.  Anyone who wants to borrow it is welcome.  Just the pack, no frame.
Well...the large ALICE requires a frame to be used...so we are to assume you mean it is a medium?
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Sound's good. I'll check in on the thread Wednesday afternoon.
View Quote
Wife unit is craving BBQ (2312 Mt Vernon Ave, Alexandria, VA 22301). 1900?

Anyone else who wishes should join us!

@mbg0001
Page / 61
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top