Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 2:58:18 PM EDT
[#2]
We’ve already published the Adjutant General’s memorandum for the proposed continuing resolution and exempted/non-exempted activities.

Meanwhile, federal money printing machine goes Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Listen, I'm all for limited government, hate the Alphabet boyz, and hate the overspending but the government shut down hurts a lot of us federal employees who actually work. Not all government employees are fat lazy slobs sitting in a cubicle. There are 130,000 thousand of us federal law enforcement officers who will not receive a paycheck and still have to go to work. As FLEO I'm a required to still show up for work but I won't receive a paycheck. I'm a single dad with two sons, who hasn't received a pay raise in 4 years, and I'm expected to still pay my mortgage, bills, student loans, and every day expenses (like gas to get to work) but not get a paycheck. It's scary.

I know a lot of you could care less about my situation and tell me to "Stop being poor". If it were that easy, I wouldn't be poor and living paycheck to paycheck.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 3:40:16 PM EDT
[#4]
GS 12 and above ,,barred from .Gov employments for life.
Congress closed until at LEAST 25 members resign.
No more Foreign Aid EVER.
State Department MUST hire nothing but REDNECKS for the next 200 years.
Dissolve NEA, IRS, EPA and at least twenty other agencies in a lottery format.
Tell the World to fuck off while we "reset" our priorities
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shut it all the fuck down.

All of it

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 3:57:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

All of it
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#7]
What the fuck you talking about! Those Panamanian snails need their Cocaine so we can study the effects of it on Hunters sex life.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:04:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

All of it
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Listen, I'm all for limited government, hate the Alphabet boyz, and hate the overspending but the government shut down hurts a lot of us federal employees who actually work. Not all government employees are fat lazy slobs sitting in a cubicle. There are 130,000 thousand of us federal law enforcement officers who will not receive a paycheck and still have to go to work. As FLEO I'm a required to still show up for work but I won't receive a paycheck. I'm a single dad with two sons, who hasn't received a pay raise in 4 years, and I'm expected to still pay my mortgage, bills, student loans, and every day expenses (like gas to get to work) but not get a paycheck. It's scary.

I know a lot of you could care less about my situation and tell me to "Stop being poor". If it were that easy, I wouldn't be poor and living paycheck to paycheck.
View Quote

sorry but even feds who do "work" generally aren't doing anything I want them to. the ones who are could be handled by the states.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:32:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Stop being poor!
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Didn't we just do this a couple months ago?!?
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:40:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How about stop all spending to outside nations?

We are broke.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

All of it
View Quote

FPFNI

Again
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

All of it
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#15]
It’s not like they’re going to stop paying themselves and their buddies. They’ll pass a resolution and raise the debt ceiling just as they’ve always done after the required amount of drama.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Didn't we just do this? Like, just a few months ago?

Things must be accelerating.
View Quote

Yes, we sure did.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Everybody's job choice has consequences, whether realized at time of accepting employment or not. Yours is no different...
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:03:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

We are broke.
View Quote

They can start there.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#19]
It's time to cut the spending, Stop the fucking handouts.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:06:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Have the Republicans caved yet?
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#21]
If the government shuts down we can stop paying taxes, right?

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:10:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It does when they want to raise taxes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The word budget doesnt even get mentioned anymore.

We're past taxing our way outta this.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:12:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No worries.  87k new IRS agents will meet their quotas
View Quote

Those 87k aren't doing their job NOW.  I am still waiting on a refund and I filed in MARCH.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:19:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

All of it
View Quote
muh Social Security check!
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Our sympathies may increase or decrease depending upon which bowl of alphabet soup you work for...
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

You will still get paid. The LAST thing the .Gov wants
is 100K old farts on walkers showing up in DC.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#27]
They will raise it. I know because Steve Bannon keeps talking about it. Nothing will change.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:39:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Those 87k aren't doing their job NOW.  I am still waiting on a refund and I filed in MARCH.
View Quote

Something is wrong. I filed in August and got my refund. Did you file electronically?
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I expect the September payment is safe. Not sure about October.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am not sure about that. Welfare will be paid, SS under Biden?
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey the debt limit fight again.  
They will continue to put this nation in debt and its people until it all collapses.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They can start there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are broke.

They can start there.

It’s a start.  It just won’t fix the problem.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Has anyone noticed that the debt limit crisis' are getting closer, more frequent?
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:55:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

SOON.  Once you realize they have no incentive to shut things down because that means NONE of them get their cushy government jobs, you realize how futile this is.  Worthless to speculate since it doesn't matter.

I love my country but I HATE my government.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Especially the old farts who read Captain Capitalism and know prisoners get free room and board and healthcare.

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

SOON.  Once you realize they have no incentive to shut things down because that means NONE of them get their cushy government jobs, you realize how futile this is.  Worthless to speculate since it doesn't matter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reminds me of that quote about how once the population realizes they can vote money for themselves, the country is lost, or something...

...it was never the gen pop we had to worry about
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:59:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Has anyone noticed that the debt limit crisis' are getting closer, more frequent?
View Quote

This isn’t about the debt ceiling, it’s normal end of year not having a budget.

The last deal raised the limit until 1 Jan 2023.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Problem 1. 130K FLEOs.

Problem 2. Probably twice that on full retirement.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:02:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Vivek 2024

Cull the administrative state
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Petro dollar is dying.  It started when the co-creator of the petro-dollar, Saudi Arabia, began holding assets other than the dollar on its books.  Now it annouced this year that it accepts Kenyan shillings for oil trade settlement.  A short while ago Saudi Arabia, UAE and Iran attended the BRICS conference and it was decided that they (along with other nations) would be accepted into BRICS on 1/1/2024.  That means 80% of the world's petroleum reserves will be controlled by BRICS member nations.  Once Saudi Arabia formally rejects the dollar for oil trade settlement, it's over.

If you didn't know Japan sold 1/4 trillion in US Treasury Bonds this year.  China and Saudi Arabia sold $114 billion this year.

While the BRICS did not announce a gold trade note (something China already has), it was agreed that among member nations they bypass SWIFT and the dollar for trade.

I still believe the dollar will be the last man standing, but it won't buy much.

So, in response to the OP's question, it ends when the dollar is worthless.  All fiat currency returns to its intrinsic value: zero.
View Quote

And this is what people are missing.

The Germans, arguably, lost WWII at Stalingrad in 1943… the fighting continued more than two years after that.

We lost the war with SWIFT sanctions and strengthening BRICS.

Close to half the world populations, a quarter of the land mass, and a third of global GDP (even ignoring specific importance like oil) is actively engaged in agreements to purposefully bypass the US Dollar.

We already killed the goose that laid the golden egg, and now have been dancing around with the desecrated carcass… it’s going to start to stink soon.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like a whole lot of “not my problem”.

The Feds stifle economic growth left and right, pick winners and losers, make and ruin livelihoods on a whim, tax those of us who actually contribute to tangible production to the breaking point. How many people lost their jobs just solely due to Biden’s oil policies? How many lost business due to COVID bullshit?

I would say you should seek a career with more stability, but that sounds like an inherent “risk of doing business” just like us peons face.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:53:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seriously, when is the last time a budget has been passed?
1996.  Thats how long it has been since America has held its political elite accountable to do their jobs.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

We are broke.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 7:15:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Why arent we shutting the gov down for at least 6 months of the year?
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 7:15:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Riiiiight.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#46]
She has a government agency ever taken a staffing haircut?

In the real world most of us have experienced it.  I remember a 20% cut in 2010.  No logic, just offer up names to get your management staff down by 20%.  If you don’t, we will…. And we survived, in fact we’re probably better for it.

Every agency could take a 20% hit and not miss a beat if they were so inclined.  Of course they will rope off monuments and museums while crying like the pigs they are.

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They aren’t done raising taxes though
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
She has a government agency ever taken a staffing haircut?

In the real world most of us have experienced it.  I remember a 20% cut in 2010.  No logic, just offer up names to get your management staff down by 20%.  If you don’t, we will…. And we survived, in fact we’re probably better for it.

Every agency could take a 20% hit and not miss a beat if they were so inclined.  Of course they will rope off monuments and museums while crying like the pigs they are.

View Quote

Here's the rub: Many (not all) will just suck from a hind gov teet instead of a front one. Unemployment be like it do...
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 7:28:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If the government shuts down, how will we protect the border?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 7:35:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Shutdown lol over 70% of people are still working in a government shutdown.

I've went through three shutdown. First one active duty still working, second one civil service was told only key and essential people will, I was told I wasn't key or essential till the third day and I became key and essential. Same thing for the third shutdown.

Government shutdowns happen and people should not get paid if they didn't work. It's part of working for the government.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top