Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 2:42:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Geezers have ruined it with their pearl clutching.
View Quote

Luckily the people that supported smoking indoors are dying off.

I am sensitive to smoke. I choose not to smoke- I shouldn't have to endure breathing your poison clouds.
It seeps into carpet, drapes, and even walls.
It stains teeth and wrinkles skin.

The harm principle states:

"people should be free to act however they wish unless their actions cause harm to somebody else"
That's not communist that's libertarian. Perhaps the difference is lost on you.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 2:45:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol....nevermind getting older with COPD and wheeling around an O2 machine..

Yeah...keep puffin away.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 2:47:22 AM EDT
[#3]
OP must surely be okay with the neighbor’s dogs shutting in his yard, dumping their trash in the back of his truck bed, loud music being played late at night next door, and parking their cars in his driveway.  He’s all about freedom man.

ETA - he’s not worried about chronic lung disease either.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 2:47:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah...keep puffin away.
View Quote

My grandpa died at 70 from COPD. His Brother died at 68 from lung cancer. Both were great men, gone too soon. Their wives lived 20+ years longer.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 2:52:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 2:56:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I dont smoke. But i also dont support the government telling people what to do. Apparently the last bastion of freedom here is all for government control of private businesses.
View Quote

This is a terrible hill to die on.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 2:59:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:02:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I dont smoke. But i also dont support the government telling people what to do. Apparently the last bastion of freedom here is all for government control of private businesses.
View Quote

I agree with this. If a bar wants to allow its patrons to smoke, that's their right. I have a choice to go or not to go into their establishment. It's likely a bad business model to allow smoking these days, but you should be allowed to make bad decisions.

Do you remember the smoking rooms they had in airports? Holy fuck!
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:05:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Nasty yellow-fingered lunger thread
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:06:13 AM EDT
[#10]
And when you didn’t have to wear a helmet when riding a bicycle.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:19:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My grandpa died at 70 from COPD. His Brother died at 68 from lung cancer. Both were great men, gone too soon. Their wives lived 20+ years longer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah...keep puffin away.

My mother died of lung cancer at 38. Left three kids, one 9 (me), one just turned 8 and one 3. Her lungs were ate up from smoking, I saw the xrays when the doctor showed and explained them to my father and her brother. I had to breathe that shit from two people smoking the whole time I was growing up including being hotboxed in cars. Fuck anyone that wants to inflict their smoke on other people.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:21:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Attachment Attached File

Some bars still allow smoking
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:26:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Luckily the people that supported smoking indoors are dying off.

I am sensitive to smoke. I choose not to smoke- I shouldn't have to endure breathing your poison clouds.
It seeps into carpet, drapes, and even walls.
It stains teeth and wrinkles skin.

The harm principle states:

"people should be free to act however they wish unless their actions cause harm to somebody else"
That's not communist that's libertarian. Perhaps the difference is lost on you.
View Quote

On the other hand, people weren't so gay back then

Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:30:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nope.

You want to stink up your house and car? More power to you. But I shouldn't have to be subjected to your stench.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:30:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Fuck that. I lived through a couple of decades of that era, and I do not miss the whole fucking world smelling like a dirty ashtray or trying to taste my food from inside a toxic cloud. And I felt the same way about that nasty shit at 15 as I do now.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:32:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wonder how much of the mental illness we see is from people not self medicating with nicotine?
View Quote
They can vape all the nicotine they want. Sure, vaping is obnoxious, but it's nowhere as bad as cigarettes.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:32:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:33:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It definitively was.

Why do you hate freedom?
View Quote

Your freedom ends where it infringes on mine.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:34:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Should be up to private businesses if they want to allow it or not

I don't want to smell your big diesel passenger  truck  so lets get the government involved to make them illegal
View Quote
This is the way
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:35:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Ewww no. Tats are gross.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The real question is which is grosser, a woman smoker or a woman covered in tats.  I'll take the tats any day over a trashy smoker.

Ewww no. Tats are gross.
But you can't taste tats.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:40:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It definitively was.

Why do you hate freedom?
View Quote

Your rights end when they infringe on mine.

Wanna fight?
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:40:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Why is freedom so scary? If a business wants to cater to nasty smokers that should be their prerogative, and yours not to visit them
View Quote

You are for allowing a group of college students to hotbox an Applebees with blunts?  Cause that is what would be happening everywhere if you were allowed to smoke indoors.  Toddlers getting high as fuck a couple tables over.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:42:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Fuck no it wasn't!   I remember that "smokers rights" shit all too well!   Fuck all you goddamn smokers, polluting everyone's air with your foul shit.  I remember, and resent to this day, all of your foul, dangerous shit I had to breathe into order to work.   I hope all you smokers freeze to death standing outside for your fix.
That's one thing the liberals got right - banning all that shit.  In restaurants, at work.   Fuck you!   It pisses me off just remembering all the shit I had to go through everywhere because of you foul, disgusting, selfish people.  Fuck you again!
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:46:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:47:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Why is freedom so scary? If a business wants to cater to nasty smokers that should be their prerogative, and yours not to visit them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck that. I lived through a couple of decades of that era, and I do not miss the whole fucking world smelling like a dirty ashtray or trying to taste my food from inside a toxic cloud. And I felt the same way about that nasty shit at 15 as I do now.

Freedom is a deadly and complicated balancing act along the edge of a razor blade. There should be as much freedom as possible, right up until you crash into anarchy.

To paraphrase a great believer in liberty, "your freedom to swing your fist ends at the tip of my nose."

That said, and as I posted elsewhere, I'm all for the choice being in the hands of individual businesses.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:47:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't worry.

With their lung capacity, they'll never make It to the top.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:10:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Absolutely. As smoking rates decline, so does society. Coincidence?

Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:21:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It definitively was.

Why do you hate freedom?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it wasn't better when smoking was allowed. It is like tear gas and the whole place stank.

Smoke whatever you want. Just don't inflict it on others.

It definitively was.

Why do you hate freedom?

True, but everything smelled like cigarettes.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:23:45 AM EDT
[#29]
BAN THE THING I DON'T LIKE MORE BIG DADDY GOVERNMENT!!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:24:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Absolutely. As smoking rates decline, so does society. Coincidence?

https://i.postimg.cc/L88TzgPN/IMG-4283.jpg
View Quote

Karen's are literally Hitler.  But at least we have drag queen story hour now.

Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:31:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I was pissed when my fave bar banned smoking.....until the next morning when I didn't stink and had less hangover from not chain smoking.
View Quote

It's a pretty significant difference. I remember showering after getting home just so my bed didn't smell like an ashtray. You could smell the cigarette stink rinsing away. It seems crazy now.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:32:27 AM EDT
[#32]
It was damned gross to go to a bar and get a film of stale nicotine funk on your clothes. Knowing what we know now, though,  the anti smoking zealotry was a symptom and a warning of the authoritarian societal illness to come. I am usually in favor of more freedom, not less after the COVID lockdowns and authoritarian Karenization of society.

Down here in FL, most places have an outside area and it's not as big of a deal. Up north, it's a crappy situation either way in winter.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:37:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The real question is which is grosser, a woman smoker or a woman covered in tats.  I'll take the tats any day over a trashy smoker.
View Quote

Around here, you usually get both.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:38:27 AM EDT
[#34]
We would now like to thanks the alcoholic beverage industry who sponsored this thread.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:44:21 AM EDT
[#35]
fuck no it was, nothing says smelling like a nasty ass ashtray screams freedom im sorry but fuck that stink... take that dirty ash hole smelling ass outside
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:45:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I understand that you like to smoke.
Smoke is the residue of cigarettes & cigars

I like to drink beer.
Urine is the residue of beer.

If your OK with me having to breathe your residual smoke

You shouldn't be mad when I piss on your head.

Freedom!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It definitively was.

Why do you hate freedom?

I understand that you like to smoke.
Smoke is the residue of cigarettes & cigars

I like to drink beer.
Urine is the residue of beer.

If your OK with me having to breathe your residual smoke

You shouldn't be mad when I piss on your head.

Freedom!

yep!
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 5:02:39 AM EDT
[#37]
No reason people should have to smell that shit, it really stinks.
If that's what you want to do in your home then go for it.
Out in public, keep that shit in your packet.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 5:10:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Actually the country was better off before the internet, which allows any and every one on the planet to post stupid shit and then sit back, nodding their head, smugly satisfied with the "wisdom" they have dispensed.

And it forces me to patrol the internet, correcting all of those who are wrong. On the internet.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 5:10:10 AM EDT
[#39]
When everyone stinks like an ashtray, no one stinks like an ashtray.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 5:11:54 AM EDT
[#40]
The country was better but it had nothing to do with smoking.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 5:20:06 AM EDT
[#41]
People that went to establishments that allow smoking but complained and people that sat in smoking section because they couldn’t bother waiting for a non smoking table then bitch about the smoking. They’re just the muh’ emotional support animal fa** of their time.

The anti-smoking, pro prohibition, pro WoD social engineering campaigns. Brought to you by the same people that said smoking weed was supporting Bin Laden and terrorism.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 5:24:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Former smoker here.  I absolutely could not stand to smoke indoors.  WTF would you want to smell like an ashtray?
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 5:34:13 AM EDT
[#43]
In 1953, 47% of American adults were smoking cigarettes. Supposedly. I just cannot imagine that level of stink.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 5:35:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 5:49:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Rated troll.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 5:51:11 AM EDT
[#46]
There's a lot  of sensitive faggots using girl words in this thread.

No smoke filled places weren't great but we didn't bitch about it like tender little cunts.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 6:02:07 AM EDT
[#47]
It was, but restaurant smoking wasn't the reason.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 6:11:55 AM EDT
[#48]
While the title is true the 2 things are not connected.
Might as well say "This country was better when TVs had rabbit ears."
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 7:24:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I agree with this. If a bar wants to allow its patrons to smoke, that's their right. I have a choice to go or not to go into their establishment. It's likely a bad business model to allow smoking these days, but you should be allowed to make bad decisions.

Do you remember the smoking rooms they had in airports? Holy fuck!
View Quote
Yeah, the one in LAX was absolutely nasty but they didn't have to be that way, a properly designed air system and filters would have cleaned them up. At the airport in Naha Okinawa they had smoking stations throughout the concourse, right out in the middle of everything. The smoking station had a high volume air system that would pull in the smoke and pass it though a filter, you could be walking feet away and not smell the smoke.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 7:43:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trick question bc its the same chick.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top