User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It won’t jump a completely dead battery

Edit: NOCO and some others have an override button that allows you to, and I have had to use that feature before
View Quote

Yep.  I had to use that recently.  Car that had been sitting unused in a garage for months.  The jump starter couldn’t detect that there was a battery there, so the safety didn’t allow it to work.  Pressed the “No I swear there really is a battery there” Override Button, and the interior lights on the car came to life instantly.  I was then able to crank the car.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It really sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.  I mean, so many things can burn your house down, but this is the hill to die on?
View Quote
once you have had a lipo fire you will feel differently about it. my laundry room still has char in it. we had a member here lose his house over a lipo fire. cables wont burn your house down.

at home I use a charger. everyone I know who had a jump pack has had swollen batteries in less than a year. its bad to store any lithium battery fully charged. even non lipos are best kept at half charge state. its just a bad design. sure it can work for a while but its just a fundamentally bad design. you dont off road alone ever, so cables arent an issue there, and in the city lots of people who could jump you. its not that big a deal.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
once you have had a lipo fire you will feel differently about it. my laundry room still has char in it. we had a member here lose his house over a lipo fire. cables wont burn your house down.

at home I use a charger. everyone I know who had a jump pack has had swollen batteries in less than a year. its bad to store any lithium battery fully charged. even non lipos are best kept at half charge state. its just a bad design. sure it can work for a while but its just a fundamentally bad design. you dont off road alone ever, so cables arent an issue there, and in the city lots of people who could jump you. its not that big a deal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It really sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.  I mean, so many things can burn your house down, but this is the hill to die on?

LiPo batteries catch fire for overcharging, overdischarging, and punctures.  Don't do those things and you're safe.  Invest in protected batteries and you're even more safe.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Billions of cell phones in back pockets.  How many are exploding?  Biggest problem is people not keeping their jump packs charged like they should.  

Your laundry room...  What kind of lipo battery?  I mean, for what kind of device?

Biggest offenders seem to be the super cheaply made hoverboard or electric bike batteries.

I've had my car battery die.
Jump pack gets me in the road two minutes, and I don't have to ask anyone for anything.

You do you.

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 3:04:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have the Noco GB70. I've started a stone dead ambulance with it at work. It's gotten me out of a bind many times. Holds a charge well, and charges fast. We use some of the bigger models at the firehouse and have had great luck with them for years.

ETA: Check out the Project Farm guy's video he did of different jump packs. Great break down of the options.
View Quote
This.
I've used mine at least fifteen times with no issues. Have owned it for four years.

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 3:12:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the top end Gooloo with the preheater.   My wife Sienna was dead as a door nail and it started it up first crank.  The only issue is that it didn’t come with a hard case.  I used an amazon basics imitation pelican case that I had lying around.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have the top end Gooloo with the preheater.   My wife Sienna was dead as a door nail and it started it up first crank.  The only issue is that it didn’t come with a hard case.  I used an amazon basics imitation pelican case that I had lying around.
View Quote

The GooLoo GT4000S fits perfectly in this, along with all of the cables/clamps:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Tough-Black-Locking-and-Stacking-Utility-Box-Organization-box/552980647?
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#9]

I had a jump pack swell on me a year or so back.  Another reason to check them periodically, besides just to top up their charge.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Happy Goloo user/owner here but it's only a sample of one so theres that.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#12]
After doing a fair amount of research I bought the Yesper. It’s saved me twice now. Easy to use. I’ll try to find the model later if you @ me about it
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
i have had 2 nocos. both would self discharge in about 90 days. they worked great but not a charge it and forget it device.

had an anti gravity hd. it lasted about a year and the battery failed. they offered me a 50% discount ona  new one. it did the exact same failure a year later.

currently using a gooloo
View Quote

Same here.

I have a swollen antigravity.
I need to take it outside and neutralize it.

NOCO units have an internal drain and need recharged every couple of months.
GOOLOO do not.

Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Just showed up today. Haven't opened yet.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Jnc 660 for me, but I jump equipment sometimes.
View Quote

FPNI

Link Posted: 2/12/2024 11:29:02 PM EDT
[#16]
https://www.jbtools.com/goodall-jp-12-2500t-goodall-12-volt-lithium-cobalt-2-500-amp-start-all-jump-pack/

Just got this one and it started my diesel car with a completely dead battery with out any issue.  I have had trouble with a large battery charger with a start mode and jumping from my truck.

Link Posted: 2/12/2024 11:45:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone have any experience with the EverStart 1600 Amp Lithium Jump Starter with Air Compressor from Walmart?

They were $100, but clearanced out to $50 or less recently.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Received my Start-All as well.

Attachment Attached File

Size comparison with a generic Chinesium jump pack:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/17/2024 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Happy Goloo user/owner here but it's only a sample of one so theres that.
View Quote

Add me to that list and you doubled your sample size.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

You have a numeric display!  I just have four lights for charge level.    It still works fine.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Anker has worked for me
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have a JNC950, I'm happy with it but looking to get a smaller one. The 950 weighs a ton.

Anyone have the JNCAIR? I like the idea of having an onboard compressor, plus the longer cables.
View Quote

Affirm.  Changed out the coil air hose because it takes up less space where I store it.

Just checked, 10 years old.  Charge it every 6-9 months and still has the original battery.

Link Posted: 2/18/2024 1:41:35 AM EDT
[#23]
I got a Gooloo 4000 about a year ago because of a thread here on GD.  I've used it on my riding mower 4 or 5 times.  Started a truck with a completely dead battery that hasn't been started in a couple years.  Jump started a lady's car at walmart a few weeks ago.  And last week started a diesel work truck at my office.  I'd say it's been a winner.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 1:57:24 AM EDT
[#24]
NOT Tier 1, but a Tier 1 price.

1st one swelled and they gave me a deal for #2, thought maybe I got a bad 1st one.  2nd one is swelling, can't even handle the AZ heat in the WINTER.

JUNK.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 2:19:22 AM EDT
[#25]
I just carry my Roadside assistance card.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 2:36:09 AM EDT
[#26]
I have a JNC660 in my truck that has been used many times over the last decade or so and just got the Goodall mentioned above for my commuter car.  And I have an Antigravity XP3 for motorcycles which I've used once on a friends bike on the side of the road, worked as advertised.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 2:40:45 AM EDT
[#27]
I'll break with the positive reviews as I have 2 NOCOs. I won't be buying anymore. I think they're meh for the 6-8 times I've used them. They feel and operate cheap to me. They lose a lot of power over time. They also seem to not do well when it's colder.  

I'm going with Anti Gravity the next round.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 8:33:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
NOT Tier 1, but a Tier 1 price.

1st one swelled and they gave me a deal for #2, thought maybe I got a bad 1st one.  2nd one is swelling, can't even handle the AZ heat in the WINTER.

JUNK.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/273029/IMG_20240217_225244_293_jpg-3132891.JPG
View Quote

I've had poor experiences with mine too.  It's quite weak for the price.  It barely boosted my ATV.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#31]
I have the big noco 4250A jumper use it all the time at work.

Probably 5 years old and no problems.

Its a crap load lighter than old lead acid jump boxes, only downside is it takes a month of Sundays to recharge.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:59:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

avoid anti gravity like covid.

they are pure junk
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll break with the positive reviews as I have 2 NOCOs. I won't be buying anymore. I think they're meh for the 6-8 times I've used them. They feel and operate cheap to me. They lose a lot of power over time. They also seem to not do well when it's colder.  

they are pure junk

Well, that sucks. Thank you for the heads up. They are worse than the NOCO products? Cause I feel like both of my NOCO's are pure dog shit.

I forget which model I have, the 4 L product may be? I don't know maybe I just need a bigger pack. I always keep a set of jumper cables around that's big enough to jumpstart a semi. The boost packs are super convenient, but they can be fucking frustrating sometimes.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:02:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:07:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Well, that sucks. Thank you for the heads up. They are worse than the NOCO products? Cause I feel like both of my NOCO's are pure dog shit.

I forget which model I have, the 4 L product may be? I don't know maybe I just need a bigger pack. I always keep a set of jumper cables around that's big enough to jumpstart a semi. The boost packs are super convenient, but they can be fucking frustrating sometimes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

they are pure junk

NOCO is regarded as being some of the best.  I can't say as the only NOCO products I have are battery tenders, which are excellent.

I would again agree that one should avoid the Antigravity jump packs.  I'm a big fan of the 3 Gooloo jump packs that I've bought.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I have the jnc660 and viair 85p. They work great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a JNC950, I'm happy with it but looking to get a smaller one. The 950 weighs a ton.

Anyone have the JNCAIR? I like the idea of having an onboard compressor, plus the longer cables.

I have the jnc660 and viair 85p. They work great.

Old thread but I like the same combo.  JNC are proven, safe lead acid battery, replaceable.  Separate air pump not tied to the pack.  Can't speak for the JNC air comp solution but many of the built-in compressors are tiny/unreliable.  

My experience with a couple different lithium packs were not good.  Starting ability is ok but capacity (time to crank) is small, very unforgiving.  They are probably getting better each year but one time not working was too many for me.  I'll look at them again when the batteries in my 660's need replaced.  I think by then a hybrid old school pack like a 660 with a large lipo battery might exist.  That might get me.

Link Posted: 2/19/2024 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yep.  I had to use that recently.  Car that had been sitting unused in a garage for months.  The jump starter couldn’t detect that there was a battery there, so the safety didn’t allow it to work.  Pressed the “No I swear there really is a battery there” Override Button, and the interior lights on the car came to life instantly.  I was then able to crank the car.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It won’t jump a completely dead battery

Edit: NOCO and some others have an override button that allows you to, and I have had to use that feature before

Learned something new, usually haul out the JNC660 to jump dead ones.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not sure you will find anyone on here who was on board with Antigravity years ago, but upgraded to NOCO or GOOLOO that would ever go back to Antigravity.

Cheap plastic hinged battery clamps, comparatively small, expensive, they seem to be swelling...
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Just ordered a JNC 770R.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top