Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#1]
You get to use Cunt a lot more liberally.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:32:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Insert ammo fort pic here
View Quote

We had Brit neighbors for a few years
The wife was aghast when she used our master bathroom and saw my gun safe in the BR
Then she saw pictures on ne with a shotgun and hunting dog.

She mentioned to my wife that she was surprised I own guns, since I’m so normal.
“He doesn’t have any handguns, though, right”?

??????
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:34:28 AM EDT
[#3]
We’ve hosted a lot of UK folks.
Keep lots of beer.
They eat anything.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:36:48 AM EDT
[#4]
No one has suggested asking them how they celebrate the 4th of July yet?

I'd probably tell them stories about how my grandfather met Eamon De Velera when he came to thank his father for assistance in running guns and money from the US to Ireland during the revolution
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#5]
If they are really from UK then learn some manners, and shorts and flip flops are not proper outfit for the dinner
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:37:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which I would take full advantage of.  A word with multiple uses, that I don't get to say much.

I would also incorporate the adjective "bloody" as often as possible.  Just because.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:44:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Which I would take full advantage of.  A word with multiple uses, that I don't get to say much.

I would also incorporate the adjective "bloody" as often as possible.  Just because.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the word cunt. Its so satisfying to say. No idea why its so triggering.

Vegeta Calls Android 18 a C*** TFS

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Uh...it's "taking the piss".  Unless you were thinking about something else...?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Just as they are turning in for the evening, tell them "Oh, hey, if you need it, there's a shotgun under the bed.  The safety sticks so we just leave it off"

Thats it, no further explanation.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Somewhere there is a Brit posting.

Getting stuck with a couple fucking Yankees for a few days.
Wonder what stupid shit they will want us to do? Can't imagine
the nasty crap they will expect us to eat! I will be glad when this
trip is over.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

trip is over.

View Quote

Make sure you bring your own bowl of sugar. They brush their teeth with toothpaste!  
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Comforts of home are always a nice touch. Make them a good cup of tea - remember, whole milk, and the milk goes in the cup before the tea, otherwise you scald the milk.

I'm sure you can find videos of proper English tea making.

ETA:

If your friend had 20 lbs to lose in three weeks, he had a problem before he got there. English cuisine has come a long way in the last 40 years. If all else fails, eat fish and chips once a day, it's not hard to find a pub.

View Quote

The tea and the fixin's for it are important, also if you have Indians visiting. My family hosted a nun from India once and her reaction to seeing iced tea was pretty funny.

Worked with a bunch of engineers from the UK and they all had their little electric kettles and a stash of tea at their desk.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:00:45 AM EDT
[#13]
If there from the north east figure out if they support Newcastle or Middlesbrough. Take them to an Irish bar for the game.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

trip is over.

View Quote
Now THIS is an interesting perspective.  

Perhaps the best thing to do is to disregard them completely when making plans.

"So, wot we doin' tonoight den, guv?"

"We're gonna eat tuna casserole, then sit on the couch drinking cheap beer and watching Big Bang Theory reruns, because you stupid fucks cancelled Top Gear.  Welcome to America"
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:09:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Most Brits I’ve known have been pretty easily entertained and happy to absorb pretty much anything. These are more working class types, not “stick up the arse” public school types. (“Public school” there is the fancy, elite type…go figure….).
But pretty much universally, the do love their black tea (PG Tips for example) with whole milk and hob-nobs (McVitties “digestive” biscuits, pref chocolate covered). Lots of bigger chain grocery stores carry them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Long Island ice tea

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:17:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc6SK2N1jrA

Tell them it is like haggis.
View Quote

That video is great. Those guys are so likable.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#18]
The tea thing is fading rapidly.

Coffee is increasingly popular in Ireland and UK.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:19:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Keep lots of beer.
They eat anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Keep lots of beer.
They eat anything.

Accurate

Quoted:
If they are really from UK then learn some table manners, and shorts and flip flops are not proper outfit for the dinner

He said they are from the North east.

Tell me you know nothing about the UK without saying…  

They probably will look confused at a fork.

Fuck sake boys the UK is not some huge Downton Abby theme park.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#20]
One of our ems officers is a Brit. Good dude. Even got his carry permit, although he hadn't bought anything yet. Our schedules clash, but one of these days when it gets warmer I'll get him out to the range.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:22:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I worked for a multinational company a few years ago. Teams would get sent to us from all over Europe. Not to be Debbie Downer, but we hated it when the British showed up. The French, Danish, German and even Russian guys were much nicer. The Danes were fantastic.
    To illustrate, they and drivers license and rental cars. One came in throwing a fit about how America sucked, they actually sell knives, deadly weapons at the gas stations. He went on and on, finally he stopped and asked our team, a group of maintenance techs, if we had knives. We all said yes. He stormed out screaming about he couldn't do his job, if he was afraid he'd be murdered constantly.   Hopefully YMMV
View Quote

My BIL is English.  They are truly brainwashed and lack serious critical thinking skills.  I was in the car with him and pulled out my pocket knife, just a regular Benchmade.  He was shocked that I need something like that.  I then pulled my g19 out of my waist band and he was speechless.  Lol dumbasses.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:22:46 AM EDT
[#22]
For a geographicaly small country there is a lot of differences in what type of Brit you will be getting. Cunts, toffs and chavs all exist, and generally don't reflect the nation as a whole anymore than one random from New York represents America.

I'd say take them on a road trip, or atleast a "quick" trip on the interstate, the scale of America needs to be seen to be understood. Kinda hard given 2 days.

Real BBQ should be done, it's one of the few real American foods that's hard to get elsewhere. Of course globalization means a shitty version is becoming avaliable anywhere.

They will almost certainly have no experience with guns, so shootings a good option. But treat it like taking a teen shooting. Most will be scared of them but still not understand the five safety rules. You don't need to if you never get near a gun.

British tea is different to American tea, either buy some pg-tips or yorkshire tea, or don't bother. And you can just microwave water to heat it up.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:23:02 AM EDT
[#23]
I have a friend whose UK coworker comes here for meetings a couple of times a year.  He rents the biggest pickup truck he can find, loves shooting, and even came paintballing with us.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:24:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

British tea is different to American tea, either buy some pg-tips or yorkshire tea, or don't bother. And you can just microwave water to heat it up.
View Quote

Just give them coffee it’s not 1950 any more
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#25]
I took 2 brits shooting once. An older gentleman and his 20-something son. We shot handguns, ARs,  SCAR 17 and 16.
The older gentleman was like hell yeah and really got into shooting. His son, though, was a different story.

When handed a weapon, he'd start to shake almost uncontrollably. He was actually terrified of guns. But he hung in there after talking slowly, calmly, and explaining that guns are safe and will not jump up and go mad and start shooting everyone all by themselves.

Another brit I met thought Americans had too many right and said all guns were evil. Americans had death wishes to murder each other, and America is a dangerous place to live. I asked him wtf are you living here if America sucks and is so damn dangerous?" Also stated that at least we don't run around cutting off peoples heads and just stand there watching and doing nothing. He just stomped away. His American wife was like hell yeah, let's go shooting. He told me to sit down and be quiet. I wanted to bitch slap the pos.

50/50 chance
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#26]
make sure you have plenty snow and dead birds to share
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:28:56 AM EDT
[#27]

Probably gets a pass since it has alcohol in it.

They have a very different view of drinking than we do.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I took 2 brits shooting once. An older gentleman and his 20-something son. We shot handguns, ARs,  SCAR 17 and 16.
The older gentleman was like hell yeah and really got into shooting. His son though, was a different story.

When handed a weapon, he'd start to shake almost uncontrollably. He was actually terrified of guns. But he hung in there after talking slowly, calmly, and explaining that guns are safe and will not jump up and go mad and start shooting everyone all by themselves.

Another brit I met thought Americans had too many right and said all guns were evil. Americans had death wishes to murder each other, and Americas a dangerous place to live. I asked him wtf are you living here if America sucks and is so damn dangerous. Also stated that at least we don't run around cutting off peoples head and just stand there watching and doing nothing. He just stomped away. His American wife was like hell yeah let's go shooting. He told to to sit down and be quite. I wanted to bitch slap the pos.

50/50 chance
View Quote

at the hotel had a good convo with some welch folks, they didn't think it was weird for us to own guns, but they did think it was odd how our health care system worked.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Right that’s it I’m out can’t take any more

if I’ve misunderstood what gets a pass means I apologise but ffs sake the whole island is pretty much alcoholic.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

if I’ve misunderstood what gets a pass means I apologise but ffs sake the whole island is pretty much alcoholic.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/confused-britney-spears--83.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You did, and the latter part was kinda the point I was making.  

Getting a pass is a colloquialism. In this example meaning they'd tolerate it because it's got alcohol in it, not that they'd pass on it. Whereas they'd probably be offended by regular sweet and/or iced tea.

Remember, many of the suggestions in here were meant as jokes to offend the visiting Brits.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:39:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Ok got you. See if you just spoke proper like what I do then these misunderstandings wouldn’t happen

I’ve got a funny well maybe not funny story about long island ice tea

Cocktails ain’t a thing where I’m  from well they weren’t. First time I tried one was in the states somebody gave me a margarita which I thought was the best thing ever and proceeded to live on jugs of it all week. Getting confused as to why the Americans were apologising to me because they didn’t realise I had a drinking problem

I do enjoy these threads it’s really eye opening how some of you think the UK is.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:40:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Throw in the movie "The Patriot."
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Gets a pass" means that something that normally wouldn't be accepted is acceptable.

IE- Long Island iced tea "gets a pass" because even though it is NOT tea it IS full of strong alcohol.

Hopefully my explanation makes sense.

Also no offense to the brits because I love seeing them participate in threads like these, but it's one of the few countries in Europe that I'm not dying to visit.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Folks from the UK appreciate it when you have a good British tea available for them.  I was very surprised how much that means to them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

"Gets a pass" means that something that normally wouldn't be accepted is acceptable.

IE- Long Island iced tea "gets a pass" because even though it is NOT tea it IS full of strong alcohol.

Hopefully my explanation makes sense.

Also no offense to the brits because I love seeing them participate in threads like these, but it's one of the few countries in Europe that I'm not dying to visit.
View Quote

Yeah don’t it’s a shithole try Italy
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Have some good bourbon and craft beer on hand if they want a drink.  

Take them out for some real mexican food preferably to a mom and pop run place.   If they haven't had them,  real mexican style tacos will blow them away.   Also go for barbeque for ribs, brisket and chicken.  

We used to have German neighbors and when people would visit from Germany they would take them out to German restaurants.   One of the kids once complained to me that all he wanted was an American hamburger and nobody would give him one.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:46:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yeah don’t it’s a shithole try Italy
View Quote

Not sure if serious

Actually, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and France are pretty high on my list; but I'd also like to check out the Alps.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Have some good bourbon and craft beer on hand if they want a drink.  

Take them out for some real mexican food preferably to a mom and pop run place.   If they haven't had them,  real mexican style tacos will blow them away.   Also go for barbeque for ribs, brisket and chicken.  

We used to have German neighbors and when people would visit from Germany they would take them out to German restaurants.   One of the kids once complained to me that all he wanted was an American hamburger and nobody would give him one.
View Quote

This is good advice. We had some German people come to visit and they absolutely loved good burgers and good Mexican food. They were happy to eat Mexican food every day.

They were also big proponents of day-drinking if they didn't need to drive.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not sure if serious

Actually, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and France are pretty high on my list; but I'd also like to check out the Alps.
View Quote

Very serious if I could leave this cursed island I would in a heartbeat.  Look I hate the place doesn’t mean I can’t help myself correcting you lot.

Avoid france just my opinion well certainly Paris southern france is ok.  Denmark and a trip north Norway is next on my list. The alps are literally my favourite place in the world. I feel I should have been born in the mountains somewhere  

Don’t over complicate this. Beer and crisps sorry chips and guns and I’d be happy
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Take them to the dentist.

Take them to a harbor and dump tea on them.

Take them wig shopping.

That's all I got.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Tell them we don't need to buy a license to watch TV.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I worked for a multinational company a few years ago. Teams would get sent to us from all over Europe. Not to be Debbie Downer, but we hated it when the British showed up. The French, Danish, German and even Russian guys were much nicer. The Danes were fantastic.
    To illustrate, they and drivers license and rental cars. One came in throwing a fit about how America sucked, they actually sell knives, deadly weapons at the gas stations. He went on and on, finally he stopped and asked our team, a group of maintenance techs, if we had knives. We all said yes. He stormed out screaming about he couldn't do his job, if he was afraid he'd be murdered constantly.   Hopefully YMMV
View Quote
Libtard is a state of mind, not a region or country thing.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:53:45 AM EDT
[#43]
I had a guest for a week.  The thing that blew him away the most was shrimp.  

Big phatt ass jumbo royal reds that I skewered and grilled.  

They don't have shrimp like this over there.

Oysters too.  Rockefeller.  His mind was just blown.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Brits are easily scared by the sound of gunfire

Seriously, don’t try to make them “feel at home” they will want to experience “America”. Serve regional foods, American liquor & beer (no matter what they say). Take them shooting but keep it simple and try to go to an empty range. Take them to a gun show if there is one locally. Other than that, take them to some historical locations. U.S. Civil War sites and other uniquely American experiences are popular.

Oh, American Indians. They really have this thing about meeting Americans with some First Americans DNA.

Take them on a day hike to see real America.

Find a local diner where the waitress will call them “honey”.

Beyond that, Monster Trucks, COSTCO, Tex-Mex, fireworks, it’s all good.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Take them shooting and offer them a fag when you're done.  The last Brit I took shooting, after blasting with the AK, turned around, smiled, and said "that was quite satisfying" so I thought offering him a fag was appropriate.  

Also call it UK.  Don't call it England.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Very serious if I could leave this cursed island I would in a heartbeat.  Look I hate the place doesn’t mean I can’t help myself correcting you lot.

Avoid france just my opinion well certainly Paris southern france is ok.  Denmark and a trip north Norway is next on my list. The alps are literally my favourite place in the world. I feel I should have been born in the mountains somewhere  

Don’t over complicate this. Beer and crisps sorry chips and guns and I’d be happy
View Quote

Let me know if you ever come to Colorado. We have tons of mountains and tons of beer. I love giving people tours. I've hiked to breweries before.

We also have a shooting range 15 minutes from my house that rents machine guns if you are interested in that sort of thing.
------
When I say France I am more interested in regional cuisine and wine country rather than Paris
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:57:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Leave ammunition just laying around the house, and watch them flip the fuck out.
View Quote

Make sure there are empty 22LR
They will freak out if they see any of those
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Let me know if you ever come to Colorado. We have tons of mountains and tons of beer. I love giving people tours. I've hiked to breweries before.

We also have a shooting range 15 minutes from my house that rents machine guns if you are interested in that sort of thing.
------
When I say France I am more interested in regional cuisine and wine country rather than Paris
View Quote

Colorado is the place I wanted to go

I watch lots of off-roading YouTube videos etc

But GD told me I was a communist for wanting to go there

I thought Wyoming but looking at that southern food video I’ve changed my mind

Machine guns if I’m interested in that sort of thing. I ain’t on this website for it’s intellectual repertoire
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:02:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Tell them that your grandfather always talked about how easy the ladies were back in '43.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
No one has suggested asking them how they celebrate the 4th of July yet?
View Quote

You mean National Treason Day?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top