BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 336
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 7:15:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Intimdtr77:
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
I started Breaking Bad the other day.  Only 3 or 4 episodes in so far.  Pretty good.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Wait, wut?

You haven't scene BB?

Oh my. Lock yourself in a room until you are caught up.

Nope.  Never watched it before.

I'm going to try and watch 2 episodes at a time on my nights off.  Hopefully it doesn't expire before I catch up.

Link Posted: 3/23/2013 7:26:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 7:28:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 30Caliber] [#3]
Watched a documentary called "Deep Water" this morning....  I thought it was superb.  Story of Donald Crowhurst, an amateur sailor, who entered a non-stop solo race around the world.  

Highly recommend it.  It's on both Amazon prime and Netflix.

Link Posted: 3/23/2013 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

Originally Posted By JarheadChiro:

Originally Posted By DevilPig:

Deadfall

Just added.  Watch it.

Good movie, thanks for the heads up!

I enjoyed it as well.  Although I thought the ending was a bit unrealistic...
Click To View Spoiler

Keystone cops on snowmobiles "park your brain" at the door movie.

Link Posted: 3/23/2013 8:58:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By rkbar15:

Deadfall

Just added.  Watch it.

I enjoyed it as well.  Although I thought the ending was a bit unrealistic... Click To View Spoiler

Yeah, maybe a little.  But admittedly some of my favorite movies are quite unrealistic.  

It did have a good cast though...and the plot never really got boring.
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 9:33:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Magnum P. I.
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 1:28:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Deadfall

Just added.  Watch it.

I enjoyed it as well.  Although I thought the ending was a bit unrealistic... Click To View Spoiler

Things like that and some plot holes I didn't mind as much as the ending.  It just seemed kind of ridiculous and left a bad taste in my mouth for an otherwise entertaining movie.

If it had a better ending I would have given it 4/5, but with the ending I gave it a 3/5.

Link Posted: 3/23/2013 1:34:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Deadfall

Just added.  Watch it.

Yeah, maybe a little.  But admittedly some of my favorite movies are quite unrealistic.  

It did have a good cast though...and the plot never really got boring.

For a 2012 movie I never even heard of it did have a very good cast.

I was very surprised when I realized I knew the names of at least half a dozen actors in it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#9]
"2001 Maniacs" - absolutely fucking awesome!!!

If you're easily offended, don't like gratuitous gore, crude jokes, lots of boobs, or 2 hot blondes making out...this movie is certainly not for you.  

Great dialog, it's like a comedy/horror mix.  Great cast including Robert Englund (Freddy) and Guiseppe Andrews (deputy from Cabin Fever) and cameos by Eli Roth, Peter Stormare and Travis Tritt.
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 3:40:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I watched Get the Gringo last night.. good flick
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Jericho is fucking awsome

The first few episodes are really slow, but it gets great

Link Posted: 3/23/2013 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TheMercenary:

Too bad they couldn't have given them just one more season though.

It seems nearly all the shows I like are lucky to make it to season 3 while shows that cater to the lowest common denominator last for the better half of a decade if not longer.
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 8:10:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dog-meat] [#13]
Netflix is starting to put out some quality originals.

House of cards is great. They have a trailer up now for a new one "hemlock grove" ... werewolf or horror movie of some type. Looks like it will be good.

Link Posted: 3/23/2013 9:16:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TheMercenary:

Too bad they couldn't have given them just one more season though.

It seems nearly all the shows I like are lucky to make it to season 3 while shows that cater to the lowest common denominator last for the better half of a decade if not longer.

Love that show.  Starting it over now.  Would be nice if they would finish the show but it won't happen.
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 11:38:22 PM EDT
[#15]
If you've got Arrested Development in your instant queue, take a look at what they've done to the star rating.  

If you don't have Arrested Development in your queue, shame on you.

Link Posted: 3/24/2013 12:49:05 AM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By FlyLeaf:

Saints  and Soldiers- Airborne Creed

Bad ass movie.Hot French girl in it too

Good movie!

Link Posted: 3/24/2013 12:52:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Laramie:

If you're easily offended, don't like gratuitous gore, crude jokes, lots of boobs, or 2 hot blondes making out...this movie is certainly not for you.  

Great dialog, it's like a comedy/horror mix.  Great cast including Robert Englund (Freddy) and Guiseppe Andrews (deputy from Cabin Fever) and cameos by Eli Roth, Peter Stormare and Travis Tritt.

on your recommendation, and liking to see some bewbies, I just watched it....

I guess it would be okay for the younger people.. being "old", and having seen so many horror movies over the years,
this is just another one of 'em. YMMV
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 12:58:19 AM EDT
[#18]
saints and soldiers on netflix. great movie
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 8:16:02 AM EDT
[#19]

I was very surprised when I realized I knew the names of at least half a dozen actors in it.

It only opened in a few theaters with a pitiful box office.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=deadfall2012.htm

Box office: $66,351

Link Posted: 3/24/2013 8:17:07 AM EDT
[#20]

It only opened in a few theaters with a pitiful box office.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=deadfall2012.htm

Box office: $66,351

Is it about falling?  while dead?  
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By RED_5:
Originally Posted By Laramie:

on your recommendation, and liking to see some bewbies, I just watched it....

I guess it would be okay for the younger people.. being "old", and having seen so many horror movies over the years,
this is just another one of 'em. YMMV

Well that sucks.  I got a real kick out of it but it strays pretty far from the genre.  I'm not a teenager, but maybe since I am younger it was more for my sense of humor.  It's certainly not a movie you can take seriously.  I've seen a few of the cheesy, "horror/comedy" movies and most of them miss the mark being either being overly stupid or with weak dialog, I felt this one was better.  But like you said, YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 3:30:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Intimdtr77:
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
I started Breaking Bad the other day.  Only 3 or 4 episodes in so far.  Pretty good.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Wait, wut?

You haven't scene BB?

Oh my. Lock yourself in a room until you are caught up.

This
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By Reservist:

Originally Posted By PantherArms762:
Skeleton Key was good. Thirller about voodoo set in backwoods Louisiana. And it has some famous hot chick.

96 Minutes was also good.

Badass, movie written based on Epic Beard Man was complete ass. It was about as good as you'd imagine a movie written about an Internet meme to be.

I had to turn that off. They turned the badass old white dude who kicks the retarded black guys ass into a Mexican man who fights racists white guys...

I don't know how they managed to turn that into a white guilt machine but they did.. not worth it.

Not even close...  try going back and actually watching the movie.  He kicked the crap out of EVERYBODY.
Way more black dude beatdowns than anything else.

Shit was so horrible, it was great.  Chicky snack was super hot too!
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Watching Warehouse 13 right now. It's entertaining. Kind of like X files meets the warehouse from Indiana Jones.
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By TexasSheepdog:
Watching Warehouse 13 right now. It's entertaining. Kind of like X files meets the warehouse from Indiana Jones.

I'm hesitant to watch this again.

its a good series, I was into it, then then network started to get the series out of order, and in same cases, it's pretty important.
(I think Battlefield Earth was the same (?))
maybe I'll add it and watch 'em all over from the beginning, again.
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#26]
I just watched Safety Not Gauranteed again. Seriously, if you haven't watched it yet, you're missing out.
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:33:17 PM EDT
[#27]
I just watched Safety Not Gauranteed again. Seriously, if you haven't watched it yet, you're missing out.

I really enjoyed that one.
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Any good horror movies recommendations?  Watched a few of the new release "paranormal/found" footage ones.  Looking for something different in the genre now.
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By Chairborne:

The director Colin Trevorrow just got picked to direct Jurrasic Park 4.

Link Posted: 3/24/2013 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#30]

Already in my queue. Just have to find time to watch all these..

Link Posted: 3/24/2013 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Chairborne:

And the nerdy girl gets hotter as the movie goes along.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:54:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LeeA] [#32]
I'm going to throw in Room in Rome, watched it last night... kind of a chick flick, but there's something about the movie that kept my interest.

Here's what Amazon had to say about it:

One room. Two women. Infinite possibilities.
Like the erotic classic Last Tango In Paris, the new drama Room In Rome is a controversial, boundary-breaking film about two women who bare their bodies and their souls during one memorable night in a hotel in Rome. Writer-director Julio Medem (the international smash hit Sex & Lucia) returns with this provocative tale of Alba and Natasha. Two strangers meet, tentatively flirt and then head to Alba s hotel room where they exchange life stories amidst passionate bouts of love-making.

The stunning actresses Elena Anaya (Pedro Almodovar s Talk To Her, Sex & Lucia) and Natasha Yarovenko (Diary Of A Nymphomaniac) unflinchingly expose their deepest desires: the two women grow increasingly honest emotionally the closer they get physically. Certain to be a landmark in cinematic sexuality, Room in Rome is a serious and sexy foray into uncharted territory.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:58:42 PM EDT
[#33]
I tried to suffer through Deadfall last night, but not even Olivia Wilde could save that pile of crap. It's like a straight-to-DVD, or worse, made by the USA Network thriller.

Every one who was in it should rightly feel ashamed and dirty.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 6:23:57 PM EDT
[#34]
The human centipede. Fun for the whole family!
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Mad Men Season 5 is up
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#36]
I didn't read the whole thread, but I doubt these two were mentioned:

Valhalla Rising
Forgiveness of the Blood
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By LeeA:
I'm going to throw in Room in Rome, watched it last night... kind of a chick flick, but there's something about the movie that kept my interest.

Room in Rome made it's entry into this thread late last year. For some reason couldn't stop watching it.

Six seasons of Showtime's The L Word made its way to Netflix recently.

Watched Theirs Is The Glory last night. The movie/documentary was mentioned sometime last year in this thread. Interesting mix of a documentary/movie on the failed Arnhem bridge assault by British paratroopers during Operation Market Garden.

Top Gear, season 18  is now on Netflix so is the horrible Bowling for Columbine from Michael Moore.

They dropped Winter's Bone at some point recently. Went to watch it last night and saw it was no longer in my queue and no longer available on Netflix. Wonder if they pulled it from Netflix because Jennifer Lawrence won an Oscar for Silver Linings Playbook?
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#38]

Watched it last night.  Fun flick

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By wtturn:

Brother recommended me this one.I liked it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 8:36:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DevilPig] [#40]
Originally Posted By 3DD3:
Originally Posted By wtturn:

Brother recommended me this one.I liked it.

Tried to get my wife to watch it.  She said it was awful and cut it off.  I liked it.  She obviously has no taste.....I'm ejecting.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 8:45:42 PM EDT
[#41]

This!
Aubrey Plaza is unconventionally hot.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ohiobr:
Mad Men Season 5 is up

I’ll add it to my queue so I can have something to watch if I have trouble falling asleep.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2013 4:45:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3DD3] [#43]
holes in my shoes
New Yorker Jack Beers, 94 years young, defies and redefines the concept of aging in this documentary that chronicles the diverse achievements of the former strongman, actor, dog trainer and inventor and captures his infectious enthusiasm for life.

*BLOOMBERG IN PHOTO EFFIGY WARNING!*
Link Posted: 3/26/2013 11:13:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By jpelaston:

This!

just watched it tonight  decent flick.

Link Posted: 3/27/2013 6:36:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By jpelaston:

This!

Watched it last night, finally.  I liked it.

Agreed.  She has a weird hotness about her.

Link Posted: 3/27/2013 6:38:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Check out the show "30 Days".  Season 3, episode 5, I think.

They take an anti-gun woman and stick her into the home of a gun-loving father/son duo for 30 days and make her work in a gun shop.  Pretty interesting.

Link Posted: 3/27/2013 6:48:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ultramagbrion] [#47]
In The Electric Mist with Tommy Lee Jones as a post Katrina,recovering alcoholic detective chasing John Goodman and his Good-Ol-Boy network of thugs in Louisiana. Good flick with an odd story line .Jones , as always, gives a great show .

Shining Through
with Michael Douglas and Melanie Griffith was worth watching too . Griffith goes under cover for the OSS in WWII Germany

Hombre is the classic Paul Newman western that I had never seen ....good stuff .

Link Posted: 3/27/2013 7:49:07 AM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By hotbiggun42:

Revelation Road.

That movie went sideways at the end............

Link Posted: 3/27/2013 7:49:38 AM EDT
[#49]
New season of MAD MEN just put up.

Link Posted: 3/28/2013 10:35:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: surveyor3] [#50]
Originally Posted By 30Caliber:
Watched a documentary called "Deep Water" this morning....  I thought it was superb.  Story of Donald Crowhurst, an amateur sailor, who entered a non-stop solo race around the world.  

Highly recommend it.  It's on both Amazon prime and Netflix.

Thanks for that. I love these types of films. I'm in awe of the folks that cross the ocean in a 30-50' boat.  I hope to say "I navigated the entirety of the Intracoastal Waterway" one day...let alone circumnavigating the globe.
Page / 336
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top