Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Daughter included? Your kids must love you.
Our daughter is the first on my side of the family to graduate from college. I would never miss out on that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or you could have skipped it altogether. Daughter included…

Daughter included? Your kids must love you.
Our daughter is the first on my side of the family to graduate from college. I would never miss out on that.

I’ve never been to any of my graduations. My parents made it clear ceremonies were retarded from when I was a small child onwards.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:50:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

And bear the wrath of my wife for the rest of my life? No fucking way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would've either skipped the ceremony or just showed up and took the chance. worst case you have to turn around and leave when they ask for your papers.

Happy wife, happy life? Lol.

A coward dies a thousand deaths.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I’ve never been to any of my graduations. My parents made it clear ceremonies were retarded from when I was a small child onwards.
View Quote

I've been to several - of my own and of others.  It's a Rite of Passage.  Nothing wrong with that.  But I'd NEVER undergo an experimental medical procedure I didn't want in order to attend one.

OPMMV, clearly.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:53:32 PM EDT
[#4]
AND, she's not going to let you claim her as a dependent anymore, either.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow that was dumb.  Hope u don’t die.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You weren't tricked.

You were fooled and played your part.

Imagine paying $X00,000 for your daughter's re-education only to be forced into changing the way the nucleus of your cells interacts with the rest of it FOREVER so that you can see the culmination.

All so your daughter can scamper across a stage for 15 seconds of a 3 hour self-aggrandizement and then ditch you as quickly as she can without possibly being quick enough to spend a last night with best friends she will never see again.

Fortunately,  parking probably wasn't a nightmare.
View Quote
I wonder if people even know you don't have to attend those things. Neither I or my close college friends did. I wanted to leave the town and had a job lined up.

It would probably have been nice to have family their to see the first person in the family graduate from college but my parents were in no shape to make the trip. My diploma was mailed to me.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I've been to several - of my own and of others.  It's a Rite of Passage.  Nothing wrong with that.  But I'd NEVER undergo an experimental medical procedure I didn't want in order to attend one.

OPMMV, clearly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OPMMV, clearly.

I’m not Yanomami or Maasai tribeswoman. They mail me a degree and I go to work. Rituals and ceremonies are stupid and pointless.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:59:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Happened to me once too.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#9]
So,what harm did the vaccination cause?  None,just like they haven’t caused harm in 99.9% of those who have got them.

The insanity over how harmful the vaccines are is matched only by the hysteria over the virus itself. It is absolutely absurd.

I suppose now you can’t brag that you are unvaccinated but if the shot didn’t do anything how would anyone know? You can burn your card and identify as having naturally produced antibodies.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:06:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I love the excuses that folks come up with to justify getting the shot... Its comical.... "Id never submit to the Gov and der jab, but I had to for XXXXXX reason"... Just fucking stop already.... If your dumb enough to get it, I guess we can't be surprised at your dumb justifications to do soo... But NO BODY FUCKING CARES... Get it, dont get, you do you... Bottom line, If you will stick that needle in your arm, you will surrender your guns when the time comes...
View Quote

Correct. Which is also why the possibility of lockdowns all over the country (and don't give me this "it wasn't federal bullshit like that matters) is something to be concerned about.

We haven't recovered from the last one and at this point I don't think we will recover at all. There is always going to be a new variant because that's how these viruses work. That's why there is no cure for colds, which are caused by an assortment of viruses, any number of which can have mild or severe symptoms.

People have accepted this as our new normal. It's funny how fast that can happen and how fast a society can do a complete 180. We really are sheep. Sheep with short term memory loss.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:08:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So,what harm did the vaccination cause?  None,just like they haven’t caused harm in 99.9% of those who have got them.

The insanity over how harmful the vaccines are is matched only by the hysteria over the virus itself. It is absolutely absurd.

I suppose now you can’t brag that you are unvaccinated but if the shot didn’t do anything how would anyone know? You can burn your card and identify as having naturally produced antibodies.
View Quote

Anal sex is seldom harmful, but you shouldn’t let people trick you into it.

Because sometimes it can be harmful, and you don’t know how much it could fuck you up down the road.

And it’s your ass!
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:11:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

One wife, 40 years.

How many testicles does your wife allow you to keep?

ETA: Also, OP wasn't "tricked" into anything.  He capitulated without a struggle.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You obviously haven't learned to pick your fights very well. How long have you been divorced?

One wife, 40 years.

How many testicles does your wife allow you to keep?

ETA: Also, OP wasn't "tricked" into anything.  He capitulated without a struggle.  
Ouch.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm not Yanomami or Maasai tribeswoman. They mail me a degree and I go to work. Rituals and ceremonies are stupid and pointless.
View Quote

I actually would have liked it if my parents could attend. I actually feel a little cheated when I see others.

But both my parents were in poor health, mom was trying to recover from cancer. It wasn't to be.

This was a long time ago, non of the silliness that now goes on in college was that obvious. I consider myself lucky to have gone when I did. I took cool classes where I learned stuff and worked in a genetic research lab. It would have been better had my parents had the wherewithal to share it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:12:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is why, as was discussed in the other thread, if there ever is a mark of the beast people will line up to get it, because who wants to be inconvenienced?

And they won't call it the mark of the beast, it's just something you will need if you want to exist in society, you know, have a roof over your head, eat, things like that.
View Quote

1) No such thing. Sell fulfilling prophecy at best.
2) like, money, a job, a social security number?
if there is such a thing, we've already taken it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#15]
If anything, your daughters degree was the bigger dupe. You can buy them online for like $10.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So,what harm did the vaccination cause?  None,just like they haven't caused harm in 99.9% of those who have got them.

I suppose now you can't brag that you are unvaccinated but if the shot didn't do anything how would anyone know? You can burn your card and identify as having naturally produced antibodies.
View Quote
Like all the vaccinated Republican politicians still banging on as though the vaccine is useless.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:23:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Because sometimes it can be harmful, and you don’t know how much it could fuck you up down the road.

And it’s your ass!
View Quote

This is why I keep a membership..... This... Anal sex used as an analogy... And the icing on the cake is its from a female member... God I love this place...
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:25:52 PM EDT
[#18]
You weren't tricked, you were presented with options and you chose.
I happen to disagree with your decision but it's your life.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:26:06 PM EDT
[#19]
The whole shot thing is getting totally out of control.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Long story short.
-Daughter graduated from UC Irvine.
-To attend the ceremony, you have to get the shot.
-I said FUCK!
-Only two guests per graduate. Me & Wife.
-Attended a well organized ceremony that included 2020 students since they got robbed of a ceremony.
-5 checkpoints to ensure no more than 2 guests.
-THEY NEVER ASKED FOR PROOF OF VACCINATION!!!

View Quote

I hate to say it OP but you're super gullible.   Damn near nobody is asking for proof.   How could they possibly check at the door to an event like that?

And why would you let something like that make the decision for you, anyways?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Dont let those in tin foil hats sway your decisions, you made the correct choice. the vaccine has close to zero side effects. i got it because im just tired of wearing masks and as a American who wants to keep America great we cannot allow another all out panic and shutdown of our economy.

i also dont want any more of the free stimulus checks that down the road will cost us all tenfold. those forgoing the vaccine are cutting off their nose to spite their face and we all know how that turns out..

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:53:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
LOL, tricked into getting something injected in your body because someone said you had to get it. Not really tricked, just didn't have the balls to say fuck off I guess.
View Quote

Nailed it!!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Don't lie to yourself. You weren't "tricked".

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:49:55 PM EDT
[#24]
The usual democrat bullshit. In this twitter maligNancy pelosi says "the federal government "cannot require someone to be vaccinated," saying "it's a matter of privacy."

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The usual democrat bullshit. In this twitter maligNancy pelosi says "the federal government "cannot require someone to be vaccinated," saying "it's a matter of privacy."

View Quote

That was sooooo 2020.
That’s like 100 years ago
Let the past be the past
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Lol
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:00:02 PM EDT
[#27]
op can look forward to showing his un forged papers before entering public places soon.

Congrats on the graduation ??
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#28]
You are one of them now.
One of them
One of them
One of them
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#29]
i can't get over the ease of which the ass is given up

like it has no meaning

like a person will ever forget bending over and taking it in the ass

a jab in the ass
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Long story short.
-I said FUCK!
-Attended a well organized ceremony that included 2020 students since they got robbed of a ceremony.

They got me...
The thought of not attending was considered. But divorce is too expensive.
Am I gonna die?

View Quote

We are all going to die but probably not from the vaccine. I hope you took pictures of your daughter’s graduation and had a good time. You will treasure the graduation long after the virus is forgotten.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#31]
You’ll be fine. Folks who are afraid of  President Trump’s Operation Warp Speed vaccines are not being rational.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:42:55 PM EDT
[#32]
We are all going to die, OP.

You are not going to die from "The Jab."

I was tricked into actually doing the research, despite my conservative leanings and distrust of .gov because I am a health care executive and actually had to have opinions based on facts rather than bias and paranoia.

Congrats on your daughter's achievement, from one daughter dad to another.

If you have any specific questions you need non-GD answers to, PM me.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:45:37 PM EDT
[#33]
What you showed your wife and kid is that you have no principles.   You will subject yourself to an experimental, unapproved vaccine that may offer little benefit and may have unintended side effects in the future just to see an event.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:51:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Dont let those in tin foil hats sway your decisions, you made the correct choice. the vaccine has close to zero side effects. i got it because im just tired of wearing masks and as a American who wants to keep America great we cannot allow another all out panic and shutdown of our economy.

i also dont want any more of the free stimulus checks that down the road will cost us all tenfold. those forgoing the vaccine are cutting off their nose to spite their face and we all know how that turns out..
View Quote

The 2020 restrictions were never needed.  Let those at risk know who they are and offer suggestions that THEY take to ensure their safety.

They can do that or not.  Their choice.

Everyone else lives normally.

The same applies to the India variant, and the next one and the following.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Am I gonna die?

View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Sorry but that's one ceremony I would bow out of.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Friend of mine and his wife had to get vaccinated to see their son graduate from basic at Ft. Jackson..............
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:03:04 PM EDT
[#38]
anytime i'm asked for vax proof, i whip out a half used tube of horse paste.  80% of the time, it works all the time
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Had I known, no one would ask, I would've never submitted.
View Quote

Not sure that's how that works
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:37:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

And it’s your ass!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And it’s your ass!

Nobody “tricked” him into getting a vaccine,he did it of his own free will. He had the choice to not get it and not attend the ceremony or to have simply shown up. He could have done something like simply ask if it would be necessary to show a vaccine card.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:45:15 PM EDT
[#41]
I'll see you on the other side good buddy.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:49:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
If your family would be truly mad at you, because you choose not to get an injection that you didn't want and can never be reversed, I am not sure what to tell you.

If I was in that position, I guess they would just have to be mad at me.  Family is very important, but I still get to decide what I am injected with.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:50:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Oh FFS. OK Mr. literal. The grief wouldn't be worth it.
View Quote
What this boils down to is that you didn't want to get the vaccine, but your wife said you had to.  So you did.

You were not tricked. Only you are in control of you, unless you let someone else have control.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#44]
So when are they going to flip the switch signaling the nano-bots to eat our brains & turn all vaxxerrs into Z's?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What the boils down to is that you didn't want to get the vaccine, but your wife said you had to.  So you did.

You were not tricked. Only you are in control of you, unless you let someone else have control.
View Quote

Harsh, but true.  I'llAllowIt.gif.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:01:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:13:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Long story short.
-I said FUCK!

They got me...
The thought of not attending was considered. But divorce is too expensive.
Am I gonna die?

View Quote

If you still live in CA it is your fault.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:23:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
You are one of them now.
One of them
One of them
One of them
View Quote

Gooble gobble, we reject him. One of them.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Nobody “tricked” him into getting a vaccine,he did it of his own free will. He had the choice to not get it and not attend the ceremony or to have simply shown up. He could have done something like simply ask if it would be necessary to show a vaccine card.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And it’s your ass!

And nobody gets “tricked” into anal either. You’re making my point: OP likes to bend over.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:48:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top