Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 3/1/2023 8:28:33 AM EDT
Trump Supporters Barred by DeSantis Staff from Governor's Book Appearance in Florida; Security Guard: "They Told Me Anybody Wearing Trump Has to Go Right Now"

Twitter Video 1

Twitter Video 2

Twitter Video 3

Twitter Video 4

Man, this is going to be a very entertaining primary election season.

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 8:31:48 AM EDT
[#1]
The mud slinging in GD is going to be ridiculous
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 8:46:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I support both of them, and I think it would be a dick move to go to either one's event wearing the other's logos.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 8:49:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll take "what do the Everglades and Ron DeSantis have in common" for $500 please Alex.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 8:51:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

The punchline is that for all the raised blood pressure and BS timeouts and warnings...none of it matters and we aren't changing a damn thing at the ballot box outside of local stuff.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 8:53:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Why were the Trump supporters there to begin with and what did they expect?  Would it be any different if they were Biden or Epstein supporters?
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 8:53:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe Laura should get her selfie stick and lock herself to a door, seems like that all she is good at.

She is the non sand version of doing a handstand on the beach in a bikini.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 8:55:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'll take "what do the Everglades and Ron DeSantis have in common" for $500 please Alex.
View Quote
@bgenlvtex

They're both Florida natives and aren't a former NYC Democrat that moved down to God's Waiting Room (Palm Beach County)?
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 8:56:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I support both of them, and I think it would be a dick move to go to either one's event wearing the other's logos.
View Quote
Agreed. But this would have been an opportunity for DeSantis to show he's not bothered by it and man up. He failed.

At this point, I would support either in the general, but neither has earned my primary vote. Trump has shown he can't keep his mouth shut and DeSantis hasn't shown he'll be able to handle the inevitable MSM onslaught should he be the nominee.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 8:56:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Not surprising at all.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 8:56:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's way past time for Republican leaders to remind other Republicans of Reagan's 11th Commandment
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 8:57:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why were the Trump supporters there to begin with and what did they expect?  Would it be any different if they were Biden or Epstein supporters?
View Quote
Yeah, that is a dick move. You don't show up to someone's campaign stop wearing an opposing candidate's branding.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:00:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Agreed. But this would have been an opportunity for DeSantis to show he's not bothered by it and man up. He failed.

At this point, I would support either in the general, but neither has earned my primary vote. Trump has shown he can't keep his mouth shut and DeSantis hasn't shown he'll be able to handle the inevitable MSM onslaught should he be the nominee.
View Quote

Disagree. I reckon that wearing opposition colors to an event flags you a clear, intentional disrupter and out you go. It's the perfect cover for Dems to stage false flag attacks, too. Would not tolerate it even a little.

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:00:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They're both Florida natives and aren't a former NYC Democrat that moved down to God's Waiting Room (Palm Beach County)?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:01:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Can’t fault Ron or his staff on this one. Those people were there to intentionally be disruptive at an event that has nothing to do with the 2024 election.

Like the security guy said. They are acting like the far left. It’s these kinda antics from Trump and his hardcore base that will cost us 2024. Trump had his time but can’t let go and will burn down the right wing movement on his way out.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:01:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
First part of your post.... I disagree. Allowing them to attend would have seemed like he's weak. If you're running a campaign, you don't want to be Bernie Sandered.

BLM took over his campaign event and sidelined him. Trump supporters could do the same. Also, you could have a Trump supporter and a DeSantis supporter get pissed at each other and fight. Not a good thing.

I agree with your second half of your post. Neither has earned my primary vote. Both are squishy on 2A issues.

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:02:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's way past time for Republican leaders to remind other Republicans of Reagan's 11th Commandment
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, like that means anything with a former NYC Democrat turned Populist. He'll attack anything and everything.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:07:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

this can't be said enough.

if your candidate is so good. start threads telling people about the things your guy is doing.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:10:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Can't fault Ron or his staff on this one. Those people were there to intentionally be disruptive at an event that has nothing to do with the 2024 election.

Like the security guy said. They are acting like the far left. It's these kinda antics from Trump and his hardcore base that will cost us 2024. Trump had his time but can't let go and will burn down the right wing movement on his way out.
View Quote
Well, Trump is a former Democrat that donated to Joe Biden, Cory Booker, Kirsten Gillibrand, Kamala Harris, etc... hung out with radical leftists like Hillary & Bill Clinton along with Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton. So, doing radical leftist tactics isn't unusual for him.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:11:14 AM EDT
[#20]
This is just low class anyway you cut it.  

Did DeSantis supporters show up at Trump NFT trading card events in DeSantis garb?  Nope.  Is it ok to trade food stamps for 75¢ on the dollar to purchase those amazing trading cards?  I suppose that is another thread.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:11:48 AM EDT
[#21]
DeSantis may not have known they were there or being turned away. I like both of them. Both have smoking hot wives.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Trump had his moment and he blew it.  I wish he would just go away and shut the fuck up but his ego wont let him.  

He is going to fuck us during the next election, he said if he doesnt get the Republican nomination he will run as an independent

That would divide our side and ensure a win for the dems.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:14:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This is just low class anyway you cut it.  

Did DeSantis supporters show up at Trump NFT trading card events in DeSantis garb?  Nope.  Is it ok to trade food stamps for 75  on the dollar to purchase those amazing trading cards?  I suppose that is another thread.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:16:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Which is what I'd expect from any campaign.

Not sure if I was supposed to be outraged or not?
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:16:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Like the security guy said. They are acting like the far left. It’s these kinda antics from Trump and his hardcore base that will cost us 2024. Trump had his time but can’t let go and will burn down the right wing movement on his way out.
View Quote

While they may very well be true Trump supporters you also have to consider they may be both Trump AND Desantis haters further trying to drive a wedge between the two camps.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:17:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Trump had his moment and he blew it.  I wish he would just go away and shut the fuck up but his ego wont let him.  

He is going to fuck us during the next election, he said if he doesnt get the Republican nomination he will run as an independent

That would divide our side and ensure a win for the dems.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:18:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know and the race hasn't even started yet! They might as well call it Ban Season
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:18:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Which is what I'd expect from any campaign.

Not sure if I was supposed to be outraged or not?
View Quote
The fact that Trump supporters are all pissed over being banned from DeSantis' book signing is hilarious. Did they actually believe they'd be allowed in the event?
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Can’t fault Ron or his staff on this one. Those people were there to intentionally be disruptive at an event that has nothing to do with the 2024 election.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Let’s continue to eat our own.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:23:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Let's continue to eat our own.
View Quote
Trump supporters are the ones "eating our own." Seriously, you don't go to a candidate's event wearing his/her rival's branding. That's like Hillary supporters being allowed to attend a Trump rally in 2016, while they're all decked out in Hillary swag and chanting Hillary slogans.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:24:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Not surprising at all.
View Quote
That's rich coming from you! I'm surprised you weren't in the group of Trump supporters demanding to be let into the event.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:27:21 AM EDT
[#33]
This is fishy even they have to kkkw they can’t just remove someone for wearing a political hat or shirt.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:28:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Bravo32 thread...Oh wait.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:29:32 AM EDT
[#35]
If they were acting like dicks, I have no problem with this.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:30:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Alienating the T$ base is the easiest way for Desantis to lose.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This is fishy even they have to kkkw they can't just remove someone for wearing a political hat or shirt.
View Quote
1. Your post makes no sense.
2. Yes, people can be barred from attending a private event for the political shirt or hat they're wearing.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:31:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
@bgenlvtex

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@bgenlvtex

@Miami_JBT

They're both a little swampy.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
What, did you think the T$ base was going to be peaceful and not cause an issue at the book signing? Under your logic, T$ should have allowed HIllary supporters to attend T$ rallies in 2016 while they were wearing Hillary swag and chanting Hillary slogans.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:32:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

@Miami_JBT

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@bgenlvtex

@Miami_JBT

And Trump isn't @bgenlvtex? Shit, Trump hung out with the Clintons and donated to them and a shit ton of other Democrats.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Perfect sign to be shown to Trump supporters wanting to disrupt a DeSantis event.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:37:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed, it’s going to be a shit show all around. And while we fight each other the dems will set their plays in motion like usual.

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

87% agreed but there is still really only one sane choice at this time for some much needed potential long term political stability. RD.
We can’t get 2 terms out of Trump and I have zero confidence he can even get elected. So that only leaves the option of supporting the best candidate with the best chance.
If Trump really wanted to make the swamp creatures see spiders he would stop bashing Ron and support him but his fucking ego won’t let that happen.

Both are choices. Only one makes sense. RD
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#44]
this is only the beginning
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:40:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Hasn't even started yet and this is getting real ugly for Republicans.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Public appearance you get...... the public.

When your appearance is for personal profit you are being paid to deal with it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

87% agreed but there is still really only one sane choice at this time for some much needed potential long term political stability. RD.
We can't get 2 terms out of Trump and I have zero confidence he can even get elected. So that only leaves the option of supporting the best candidate with the best chance.
If Trump really wanted to make the swamp creatures see spiders he would stop bashing Ron and support him but his fucking ego won't let that happen.

Both are choices. Only one makes sense. RD
View Quote
Trump will never support anyone but Trump. Part of the RNC rules is that whoever wins the primary, the losers have to support the winner. Trump has yet to sign the RNC agreement.

Trump will have to make loyalty pledge to join RNC debate stage, Ronna McDaniel says

RNC chair Ronna McDaniel says she thinks ex-president WILL sign pledge backing Ron DeSantis if he wins GOP's 2024 nomination

Remember, Trump backed Ronna McDaniel as RNC Chair for every darn election going back to 2016. So, for Ronna McDaniel to bring it up. It is her doing a wink, wink, nudge, nudge poke on Trump to remind him not to look like the fool.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:45:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
What, did you think the T$ base was going to be peaceful and not cause an issue at the book signing? Under your logic, T$ should have allowed HIllary supporters to attend T$ rallies in 2016 while they were wearing Hillary swag and chanting Hillary slogans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My logic simply said do not alienate the Trump base. They are needed. That is all I said. I don't know how I feel about this incident. I wasn't there so can't judge whether folks were there to make problems. IDK. I do know if we split we are done.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:45:38 AM EDT
[#49]
But I can sympathize with DeSantis guys. Trump guys showing up are there to cause trouble and shout people down. Like Code Pink showing up. Itheir presence is meant to be totally unproductive and combative.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:47:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Trump supporters are the ones "eating our own." Seriously, you don't go to a candidate's event wearing his/her rival's branding. That's like Hillary supporters being allowed to attend a Trump rally in 2016, while they're all decked out in Hillary swag and chanting Hillary slogans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's continue to eat our own.

Was that not a pretty constant thing there for a while? They'd only get kicked out when they actually started crap.
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/clinton-trump-rally-violence-223885

For those like the security guard saying this is like the far left...this is what I remember, not people holding signs
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/02/donald-trump-protests-san-jose-rally-violence-sanders-clinton
https://www.cnn.com/2016/03/11/politics/donald-trump-chicago-protests/index.html
Clashes Break Out at Costa Mesa Trump Rally

Pro- and anti-Trump protesters clash in Berkeley

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top