Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:51:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nope. He could have granted them a full pardon.

A federal pardon can be issued prior to the start of a legal case or inquiry, prior to any indictments being issued, for unspecified offenses, and prior to or after a conviction for a federal crime.
View Quote

They undid every single policy and EO Trump put in place and directed every Federal resource at the J6 folks to support the insurrection narrative, yet you're saying they would've respected a Trump pardon and just dropped the whole thing ?
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

People were raided for not even walking on capitol grounds.  You hate them because they are Trump supports but you just won't say it.
View Quote

No, I feel bad for the ones imprisoned for non-violence. They meant well, and were duped.

I also don’t put words in the mouths of other people like a child.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They are basically campaigning for Biden at this point.
View Quote

I couldn’t care less what the Trumpsters think of me these days. You think it’s somehow upsetting to have the lolberts say “he’s a Biden supporter!”  If I wanted to campaign for Biden, I would. But I don’t have anything good to say about him either.

I just feel bad for you guys who are still placing your hopes and dreams on the Trump train. The last 8 years showed most people better, some just still refuse to open their eyes.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I voted for Trump in 16. Didn't take long to see he's completely full of shit.

The "left" and the "right" are both far left.

#joindatesafespace
View Quote

Oh hey new guy posting at 14 posts/day using the very common aggressive posting style, soon to move to personal insults
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I have no doubt that he will free them. I'm just surprised that he showed that card. There's many people that believe they deserve what they're getting. Sadly many of them are here
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:03:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Oh hey new guy posting at 14 posts/day using the very common aggressive posting style, soon to move to personal insults
View Quote

Aggressive? lol do you even know what that word means?

Would you be more or less triggered if I posted 15 times a day?

Feel free to point out where I've insulted anybody here.

#joindatesafespace
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:05:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Everyone knew at the time that wasn't going to happen. There were no charges and no one was identified. Without knowing who was going to be charged and with what in the middle of an impeachment when he was on the way out of office, no way anyone was getting pardoned.

Politically, it would be stupid. And legally, that opens him up to a conspiracy charge that they no doubt would have pushed for.

View Quote

You just take out your napkin and say “I pardon everyone within 1 mile of the capital. I don’t care you killed the cap police like the media are saying, hide the bomb like the media says? Cool! Pardon everyone. Sure no one really knows who or what the charges could be, pardon everyone”
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:13:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Don't need a charge, he knew what was coming for them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For what charge?

Quoted:

This. They were not charged yet. I didn't think we would see this Joseph Stalin shit.

Don't need a charge, he knew what was coming for them.

Nobody knew by Jan 20 that they were going to turn it into a multi year, multi tens of million dollar witch hunt to burn down everyone they could find and do their level best to violate every civil right they could think of in the process. Everyone figured it would blow over after a month or two of democrats whining about it and only a few of the more culpable and obvious people involved would be charged like every other of the dozens of riots in and around the country in the prior years up to and including others where people stormed federal building grounds.

Well nobody, that is to say, except the degenerate evil fuckheads in charge of the democratic party who clearly knew they could seize upon their control of Washington DC along with the traditional MSM and social media to create a bogeyman they could use to cover for Biden's obvious and ever growing incompetence/incontinence.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:16:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nobody knew by Jan 20 that they were going to turn it into a multi year, multi tens of million dollar witch hunt to burn down everyone they could find and do their level best to violate every civil right they could think of in the process. Everyone figured it would blow over after a month or two of democrats whining about it and only a few of the more culpable and obvious people involved would be charged like every other of the dozens of riots in and around the country in the prior years up to and including others where people stormed federal building grounds.

Well, that is to say, everyone except the degenerate evil fuckheads in charge of the democratic party who clearly knew they could seize upon their control of Washington DC along with the traditional MSM and social media to create a bogeyman they could use to cover for Biden's obvious and ever growing incompetence/incontinence.
View Quote

Sorry man. Anybody with any sense knew exactly how this was going to play out while watching it live.

I was texting back and forth with another arfcommer watching it go down and we both said something along the lines of “every one of those fools will be in jail before this is over.”
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:20:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Dangle that carrot ??
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:23:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And yet if Trump gets elected and starts political reprisals like he's promised to do it's ok, right?
View Quote

When did Trump say this?

Oh, and if he had an AG with the balls to go after the real criminals like Comey and his ilk, Rosenstein, and all of the others that lied to court and violated policy for political reasons would that not be just?
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:25:25 PM EDT
[#12]
What are the chances he'll actually follow through with this?
View Quote

Seeing is how he'll lose to the potato, the chances are somewhere in the range of less than zero
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:25:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I couldn’t care less what the Trumpsters think of me these days. You think it’s somehow upsetting to have the lolberts say “he’s a Biden supporter!”  If I wanted to campaign for Biden, I would. But I don’t have anything good to say about him either.

I just feel bad for you guys who are still placing your hopes and dreams on the Trump train. The last 8 years showed most people better, some just still refuse to open their eyes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it's quite simple - you could maybe use this as cover before the primaries were over when you could have said you were trying to convince people to vote for one of the, admittedly much better, candidates, or in the years preceding where you just couldn't get over bad orange man even after Biden completely screwing the pooch over and over again (which you notably usually stayed out of any of the many many biden threads).

Now, however, there is a binary choice of who will be elected and it's not hard math: By posting 24x7 anti-trump messaging in a place where the majority of the people present are his supporters you are trying to help Biden, the only other viable choice, who is worse by any metric you could care to use and frankly you are being a giant sissy by not outright admitting you want Biden to win again, because you clearly do or you would at least put a can on it for a few months and try to let the better of the two possible outcomes happen.  Plus, hey, bright side think of how much more bitching material you will have with 4 more years of trump, you'd be good until 2032 at least
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:27:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sorry man. Anybody with any sense knew exactly how this was going to play out while watching it live.

I was texting back and forth with another arfcommer watching it go down and we both said something along the lines of “every one of those fools will be in jail before this is over.”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that is to say, everyone except the degenerate evil fuckheads in charge of the democratic party who clearly knew they could seize upon their control of Washington DC along with the traditional MSM and social media to create a bogeyman they could use to cover for Biden's obvious and ever growing incompetence/incontinence.

Gaslighting, pure and simple.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:29:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No, it's quite simple - you could maybe use this as cover before the primaries were over when you could have said you were trying to convince people to vote for one of the, admittedly much better, candidates, or in the years preceding where you just couldn't get over bad orange man even after Biden completely screwing the pooch over and over again (which you notably usually stayed out of any of the many many biden threads).

Now, however, there is a binary choice of who will be elected and it's not hard math: By posting 24x7 anti-trump messaging in a place where the majority of the people present are his supporters you are trying to help Biden, the only other viable choice, who is worse by any metric you could care to use and frankly you are being a giant sissy by not outright admitting you want Biden to win again, because you clearly do or you would at least put a can on it for a few months and try to let the better of the two possible outcomes happen.  Plus, hey, bright side think of how much more bitching material you will have with 4 more years of trump, you'd be good until 2032 at least
View Quote

You think bitching on a website about a candidate is going to change anybody’s mind?  lol.

People are going to either vote enthusiastically for him, regretfully for him, or they won’t vote for him. And none of that changes the fact that he is still a shit candidate, and a grifter, whose bullshit will be called out until he is no longer stops destroying the GOP.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:31:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Gaslighting, pure and simple.
View Quote

No.

And just because plenty of people couldn’t recognize the painfully obvious, doesn’t mean everybody lacked the same foresight.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:31:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Well nobody, that is to say, except the degenerate evil fuckheads in charge of the democratic party who clearly knew they could seize upon their control of Washington DC along with the traditional MSM and social media to create a bogeyman they could use to cover for Biden's obvious and ever growing incompetence/incontinence.
View Quote

I wouldn’t be surprised if Babbit got killed so it would be a “deadly” insurrection
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:34:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m pretty sure he would have started shit posting DeSantis had he become the nominee
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:40:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I’m pretty sure he would have started shit posting DeSantis had he become the nominee
View Quote

DeSantis checked about 95% of the boxes we should want as the GOP nominee. That deserves support. Just like Trump did in 2016.

If he started enacting a bunch of progressive big government incompetent bullshit like Trump, then he’d deserve to be called out too.

I know not everybody here believes it, but politicians are fallible. And they deserve criticism sometimes, not blind worship.

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:42:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Asshole. Could have pardoned them all between Jan 7 and Jan 20 and didn't do it.
View Quote

He had no way of knowing exactly what had all occurred. Had something truly horrendous been uncovered, I don't know, maybe like a "pipe bomb", think how that would have played out. Had he blanket pardoned which I'm sure they would have loved, then undoubtedly a mass casualty plot would have been "discovered". He does nothing, as in what happened, and the more risky and obviously staged device scenario is no longer needed. Then the big roundup happens after he's gone leading to unimpeded political persecution nationwide.

This was a masterful plan long in the making to ensure he loses either way.

I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept for many to grasp. It has all been played out in front of us like a movie.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:44:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:46:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And yet if Trump gets elected and starts political reprisals like he's promised to do it's ok, right?
View Quote

Political reprisals...... or justice ?
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:46:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Maybe he'll pardon Joe Exotic while he's at it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:47:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yes, we know.  He didn't pardon any of them because he was afraid of how it would look to his own jury (impeachment trial).  

That's not a good excuse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not all deserved a pardon, there were real crimes commited that day, and in the days leading up to it. A trap was set for Trump... Game theory applies in this situation.

Yes, we know.  He didn't pardon any of them because he was afraid of how it would look to his own jury (impeachment trial).  

That's not a good excuse.

Wrong, faulty logic on your part. It`s not an excuse, it`s a valid reason. The facts of the matter were not apparent until Trump was out of office.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:50:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Better a few guilty go free than a bunch of innocents get locked up for years without access to proper due process.

Of course, we know how the don feels about due process so...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Asshole. Could have pardoned them all between Jan 7 and Jan 20 and didn't do it.

Oh come now, you`re not that stupid are you? What would have been the repercussions if he had? Besides, a blanket pardon would cover all the Agent Provocatuers as well, not everyone deserved a pardon, would you pardon Ray Epps? Trump was caught in a carefully engineered catch 22 trap.

Better a few guilty go free than a bunch of innocents get locked up for years without access to proper due process.

Of course, we know how the don feels about due process so...

Lol... Cheap shot.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:52:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Actions have consequences. I remember we have a member here whose coworker’s son is in prison for hitting a cop in the head with a thrown 2x4. Good riddance.
The lol is for people who still believe a word Trump says on the campaign trail.  Meaningless fodder for the gullible.
View Quote

His track record for honesty is considerably better than yours.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:55:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:59:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People were raided for not even walking on capitol grounds.  You hate them because they are Trump supports but you just won't say it.

They`re campaigning for the administrative Deep State, because thats where their toast gets buttered.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:00:13 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
NVM
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:08:57 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

Why would you even comment?  We know you want them to rot in prison.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Triggered-143.gif

oooooh, you got`em, pat yourself on the back...
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:10:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No, I feel bad for the ones imprisoned for non-violence. They meant well, and were duped.

I also don’t put words in the mouths of other people like a child.
View Quote

Oh really now...
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:11:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol oh bullshit
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:14:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Oh really now...
View Quote

Correct. I take people’s words at face value.

I don’t try to tell them what they actually think, or post made up bullshit to score internet points.

But when you lose on substance, I understand reverting to feels.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:16:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Aggressive? lol do you even know what that word means?

Would you be more or less triggered if I posted 15 times a day?

Feel free to point out where I've insulted anybody here.

#joindatesafespace
View Quote

You should change your username to "ToxicManlet"... It suits you better.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:23:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Not this shit again.  No you do not have to be guilty or even charged with a crime to be pardoned

There are many examples throughout American history

Nixon was pardoned by Ford and had not been charged yet

Carter pardoned the draft dodgers en masse and many had not been charged. Thus far no issues from the courts on it
View Quote
Except a blanket pardon on.that date would also pardon the murderer Michael Byrd.

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:24:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

50/50?

Because:

A) he has a solid track record of saying whatever people want to hear when he's talking to them regardless of what he's planning to do.

B) he's left almost everyone in his inner circle or that publicly stood up for him out to dry in the legal aftermath of 1/6 when the witch hunt came for them.

C) he could have issued protestors blanket pardons for 1/6 before he ever left office  and didn't.  Because he was more interested in distancing himself from the optics of 1/6 than helping middle class schmucks.
View Quote
Yeah, but there's no reason for him not to, and not really any reason for him to make that claim if he wasn't going to, at this point. He wouldn't lose votes if he didn't comment on it, and he also doesn't really gain votes by taking this stance. The people that care were already going to vote for him. It probably will be one of the first things he does. It's easy to follow through on and good optics.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:30:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

lol oh bullshit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol oh bullshit

I dub thee, "The King of ARFCOM Sophistry"... You may now take the Throne.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:37:26 PM EDT
[#39]
lol

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:37:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

How so?
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:41:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

How so?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How so?

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:45:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Everyone knew at the time that wasn't going to happen. There were no charges and no one was identified. Without knowing who was going to be charged and with what in the middle of an impeachment when he was on the way out of office, no way anyone was getting pardoned.

Politically, it would be stupid. And legally, that opens him up to a conspiracy charge that they no doubt would have pushed for.

View Quote

None of your first paragraph stopped Carter from pardoning the draft dodgers.

Your second paragraph makes Trump look like a save-ass who intentionally left the J6 Unguided Tour Group hanging out to dry just to try to protect his own hide. Thank you for finally conceding why so many of us don't like or trust him.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:46:52 PM EDT
[#43]

You seem like an intelligent dude. You're really strengthening your "team" and not shredding whatever credibility there might have been. Well done.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:48:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You seem like an intelligent dude. You're really strengthening your "team" and not shredding whatever credibility there might have been. Well done.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:49:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
lol

Imgql]https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/15577/CharlieBrownLucyFootball-2352560.jpg[/img]
View Quote

More like Linus & the Great Pumpkin Patch.

The Great Pumpkin will magically fly through the air delivering toys to all the boys & girls ... if only they just BELIEVE in him enough to make him real...

Bigger_Hammer

@AdLucem
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:50:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

When this is what you have left to resort to, it’s how you know you’ve taken the wrong side of the conversation.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:51:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

More like Linus & the Great Pumpkin Patch.

The Great Pumpkin will magically fly through the air delivering toys to all the boys & girls ... if only they just BELIEVE in him enough to make him real...

Bigger_Hammer

@AdLucem
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:52:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

When this is what you have left to resort to, it’s how you know you’ve taken the wrong side of the conversation.
View Quote

Posting random captionless wojaks is a sign of the truly desperate.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:53:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:26:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

DeSantis checked about 95% of the boxes we should want as the GOP nominee. That deserves support. Just like Trump did in 2016.

If he started enacting a bunch of progressive big government incompetent bullshit like Trump, then he’d deserve to be called out too.

I know not everybody here believes it, but politicians are fallible. And they deserve criticism sometimes, not blind worship.

View Quote

Desantis would have been the best nominee for the GOP ticket and really brought the party together.

Unfortunately republicans want to nominate someone who is unelectable and I guess they want to learn another lesson on failure.

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top