Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 42
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ROCK6:
I've been slowly working towards a full cut to the carnivore diet and will go all in next week as planned. The only damn issue is spring break. My wife's plan will screw it up a little (camping down in Ocala and hitting a couple breweries, but active with kayaking and biking), but I can mitigate it some. My wife is adjusting oaky to our separate diets for the most part and the biggest advantage is I get more seafood in my diet (she just doesn't do any seafood). I've got to do a full cut of beer and tree nuts out of my diet (which aren't much), so I'm about 80-90% carnivore right now on my current diet as I avoid sugars, processed foods, and really don't eat many carbs...but I've found them in some things I can do with carb-free substitutes.

Just a question for those who've been on it. What kinds of cheeses are you adding into your diet? I've replaced carbs and vegies for "brunch" with a little cottage cheese and some slices of cheddar, brie, and gouda.

I was only going to do four weeks but will extend it another four after our spring break. My goal is to lose 15-20 pounds before slowly adding in a few veggies, fruits, and nuts...but I'm enjoying the diet as is for being almost completely carnivore. I also want to strive to contain my eating time to 6-8 hours...secondary goal.

ROCK6
View Quote

If your goal is to loose weight I would restrict cheese to use as a condiment. Ie: having say a taco bowl ground beef, taco seasoning, sprinkle of shredded cheese. Stay away from pre shredded cheese as it is ofter coated with a starch to prevent caking. Although it's not much It's probably better to just shred it yourself. As far as types of cheese eat whatever you like but again it's best to buy block cheese.

For over all health there have been lots of evidence that goat and sheep milk cheese (read labels lots of cheeses traditionally made from goat and sheep milk are made with cows milk in the US ie: feta) causes the mitochondria to uncouple basically increasing life span. It's a lot to try and explain but the research is easily found on the web.

I don eat much cheese but will add an imported sheep milk Feta monthly for the health benefits.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ToxicMasculinity:
There is no reason to cheat. In fact the only cheating that is done is cheating yourself out of being in an optimal condition. We didn't evolve to have junk foods occasionally to balance our hormones or anything. There is no such thing as essential junk food.

View Quote

@ToxicMasculinity I disagree. I think we ARE designed to eat some fruit/grain, at least genetically and physically. True carnivores in nature have more sharp teeth than we do. Our molars and crap make sense for grinding things up rather than just tearing meat. We also have metabolic pathways that are designed to allow carbs to turn into things we need to function, the same as we have pathways to turn protein/fat into things we need to function.

the problem is since the mechanized industrial revolution, we have more access to more sugar than ever before. If I was roaming the hills of Pennsylvania in the winter, anything with sugar would be good for me at the time to hold me over till I got a rabbit or deer or something. You could really gorge on anything found wild and likely still hit overall macros and low cab diet. My 5 year old son put a single "Crunch Berry" or some shit in my mouth yesterday and it was more sugar than any normal Neolithic person would have in a year
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By jchewie1:
Considering reducing my coffee intake, mainly to see if sleep improves.
I already have to limit intake to before 1pm.
I love coffee though.
View Quote

I loved coffee, but gave it up. 2 cups a day, about 1 hour after waking up, per the experts. After about 2 months I tried drinking some, and felt hung over in the morning. 4 months now, don't miss it at all. I'd rather keep the 30$/mo instead.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#4]
You in Haiti?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Day 3 in and you guys were correct about the bathroom visits. Not as bad as I thought though. Good news is I lost 8 lbs since Monday. I'm sure mostly water, but I feel great. Not so bloated and lethargic. I'll be starting a couple of thick ribeyes shortly for me and MRS TB. I think I'll cap them with a little blue cheese. I also started taking a grassfed beef organ complex supplement. Herbage Farmstead. And trace minerals. TMSPORT 40,000 volts. Both ordered off Amazon.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:09:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Thugbuster:
Day 3 in and you guys were correct about the bathroom visits. Not as bad as I thought though. Good news is I lost 8 lbs since Monday. I'm sure mostly water, but I feel great. Not so bloated and lethargic. I'll be starting a couple of thick ribeyes shortly for me and MRS TB. I think I'll cap them with a little blue cheese. I also started taking a grassfed beef organ complex supplement. Herbage Farmstead. And trace minerals. TMSPORT 40,000 volts. Both ordered off Amazon.
View Quote

Blue cheese on a ribeye steak?

I hope that’s not a prime ribeye because if it is…

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:11:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ToxicMasculinity] [#7]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

@ToxicMasculinity I disagree. I think we ARE designed to eat some fruit/grain, at least genetically and physically. True carnivores in nature have more sharp teeth than we do. Our molars and crap make sense for grinding things up rather than just tearing meat. We also have metabolic pathways that are designed to allow carbs to turn into things we need to function, the same as we have pathways to turn protein/fat into things we need to function.

the problem is since the mechanized industrial revolution, we have more access to more sugar than ever before. If I was roaming the hills of Pennsylvania in the winter, anything with sugar would be good for me at the time to hold me over till I got a rabbit or deer or something. You could really gorge on anything found wild and likely still hit overall macros and low cab diet. My 5 year old son put a single "Crunch Berry" or some shit in my mouth yesterday and it was more sugar than any normal Neolithic person would have in a year
View Quote

Lots of new research and discoveries have recently been made in the world of nutrition, doc. Might be tough to find time for continuing education but it's worth looking into this. I'd definitely recommend starting with an open mind and from the basics. Because respectfully, and to oversimplify for brevity, none of what you suggested re:grains and fruit is true, aside from the sugar thing of course.

Everything that has been taught about nutrition has been a fraud. I didn't know this, but the physicians promoting this lifestyle revealed that there is nearly zero education on nutrition in medical school so everybody just works on their preconceived notions.

There are some great people teaching this stuff. Check out Drs Shawn Baker, Ken Berry, Anthony Chaffee, and others.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:12:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

Blue cheese on a ribeye steak?

I hope that's not a prime ribeye because if it is

https://y.yarn.co/ab0f9a25-b44d-4460-820f-474c89d84e2d_text.gif

View Quote
Agreed. I would not do tht to prime. This is choice from the local supermarket.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#9]
So Doc had me try the Mediterranean Diet, but its not for me. I dont like fish, at all, and a lot of the recipes and flavor profiles are not my taste.

This thread has me intrigued and debating maybe giving it a shot.

So are all the below ok?

Beef
Chicken
Eggs (whole not just whites)
Pork
Bacon?
*Block or fresh cheese can be added to above in moderation
Cottage cheese?

All salt, pepper, herbs, spices, taco seasoning, etc. No sauces, correct? Are hot sauces allowed to flavor or no? Is chili crisp ok for eggs? GD thread got me hooked

I love raw almonds, cashews and pistachios, but they appear to be a no go here?

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:42:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ToxicMasculinity] [#10]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:
So Doc had me try the Mediterranean Diet, but its not for me. I dont like fish, at all, and a lot of the recipes and flavor profiles are not my taste.

So are all the below ok?

Beef
Chicken
Pork
Bacon?
Cottage cheese?

All salt, pepper, herbs, spices, taco seasoning, etc. No sauces, correct? Are hot sauces allowed to flavor or no? Is chili crisp ok for eggs? GD thread got me hooked

View Quote

If you have autoimmune issues, beef butter and salt only.

Otherwise,

Beef, lamb, bison, chicken, fish, pork etc
Butter
Eggs
Some cheese or plain yogurt
Salt

That's it.

Anything else is a different "diet."  Hate using that word

Spices are ground concentrated seeds, which are quite toxic to humans. Salt, meat and fat is all that's needed and nothing that's harmful.

Do it right and you'll feel better than you ever have.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:42:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#11]

So are all the below ok?

Beef
Chicken
Pork
Bacon?
Cottage cheese?

View Quote

Bacon: hell yeah.

No cottage cheese.

No nuts.

The rest of the stuff (spices, etc): it depends who you ask.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:20:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zeekh] [#12]
Originally Posted By Lucky-Charm:

causes the mitochondria to uncouple basically increasing life span. It's a lot to try and explain but the research is easily found on the web.

I don eat much cheese but will add an imported sheep milk Feta monthly for the health benefits.
View Quote

Uncoupled from what?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By zeekh:

Uncoupled from what?
View Quote

Mitochondrial uncoupling can be defined as a dissociation between mitochondrial membrane potential generation and its use for mitochondria-dependent ATP synthesis. Although this process was originally considered a mitochondrial dysfunction, the identification of UCP-1 as an endogenous physiological uncoupling protein suggests that the process could be involved in many other biological processes. In this review, we first compare the mitochondrial uncoupling agents available in term of mechanistic and non-specific effects. Proteins regulating mitochondrial uncoupling, as well as chemical compounds with uncoupling properties are discussed. Second, we summarize the most recent findings linking mitochondrial uncoupling and other cellular or biological processes, such as bulk and specific autophagy, reactive oxygen species production, protein secretion, cell death, physical exercise, metabolic adaptations in adipose tissue, and cell signaling. Finally, we show how mitochondrial uncoupling could be used to treat several human diseases, such as obesity, cardiovascular diseases, or neurological disorders.

There's a bunch of research out there easy to find of you're interested.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Lots of new research and discoveries have recently been made in the world of nutrition, doc. Might be tough to find time for continuing education but it's worth looking into this. I'd definitely recommend starting with an open mind and from the basics. Because respectfully, and to oversimplify for brevity, none of what you suggested re:grains and fruit is true, aside from the sugar thing of course.

Everything that has been taught about nutrition has been a fraud. I didn't know this, but the physicians promoting this lifestyle revealed that there is nearly zero education on nutrition in medical school so everybody just works on their preconceived notions.

There are some great people teaching this stuff. Check out Drs Shawn Baker, Ken Berry, Anthony Chaffee, and others.
View Quote

There is a lot of evidence, both empirical and anecdotal, lending serious support to a carnivore/meat-based diet.

At this point I thought there would be a lot of pushback from the vegans and other antis, but they seem only to be able to scream and holler louder while more from their team come over to the meat side.  Steak and Butter gal is an example.  And, she’s got an amazing rack.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:24:38 PM EDT
[#15]
This is one of my favorite threads that I started, so much good info, and so many people seeming to benefit from it.

Thanks Arfcom, you glorious bastard!

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:31:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Plucky_Purcell:
I do 30min on the elliptical every other day.  Other than that it's just the standard work around the property.

I'm retired, 64, 5' 11", and started off at 251.8 lbs.

Yesterday I weighed in at 201.8 lbs.  Loss of 50 lbs is a big milestone for me.  Went from 40 jeans to 34.  My wife is really happy.  To celebrate I bought myself a box of Cohibas last night from JR (25%off sale).

I want to get to 195 so there's only 6.8 lbs to go.  I haven't seen a 1 as that first digit in a long long time.

I know this low-cal carnivore wouldn't be good for everyone, but it's working great for me.

View Quote

That is awesome!  Congratulations

I just wasn’t sure how calorie intake that low and training would go.  I’m running 40-50 miles a week right now training for a marathon.  My plan is to try carnivore again after I run my marathon.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:20:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Trod7308:

I just wasn’t sure how calorie intake that low and training would go.  I’m running 40-50 miles a week right now training for a marathon.  My plan is to try carnivore again after I run my marathon.
View Quote

So some quick google searches said that a 175lb man (assuming you're in much better shape than me) burns ~700 calories per mile running a 10 minute mile.  ~45 miles per week (7 day week) is about 31,500 calories for the running alone.  So you should need to eat at least 4500 calories per day just to maintain.  That's why athletes have to eat so much.  Me, I'm no athlete.  So serious athletic training and low cal diets do not go together.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:28:31 PM EDT
[#18]

So some quick google searches said that a 175lb man (assuming you're in much better shape than me) burns ~700 calories per mile running a 10 minute mile.  ~45 miles per week (7 day week) is about 31,500 calories for the running alone.  So you should need to eat at least 4500 calories per day just to maintain.  That's why athletes have to eat so much.  Me, I'm no athlete.  So serious athletic training and low cal diets do not go together.
View Quote

I have no issues getting 4-5k calories per day (not an endurance athlete). Gaining strength and lean mass steadily. No bodyfat left to lose.

Counting calories is a waste of time. And I think low cal is a mistake.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:31:01 PM EDT
[#19]

I have no issues getting 4-5k calories per day (not an endurance athlete). Gaining strength and lean mass steadily. No bodyfat left to lose.

Counting calories is a waste of time. And I think low cal is a mistake.
View Quote

I agree.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:37:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Does that app give any red flags or unsolicited advice regarding your fat content?

I imagine the vast majority of those apps view a diet with 70%-80% fat as being detrimental to weight loss.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tluxtele:
Does anyone know of a free app that's good for keeping track and/or planning what you eat?

Preferably one that simply keeps track of it WITHOUT offering advice on what it thinks you should and shouldn't be eating.

I though hard about that and even looked at a couple on apple. But the diet is so simple, why bother? Unless you just want to track your food and maybe macronutrients?

Mostly I’m curious about the fat:protein ratio.

To help me get a handle on this I sat down with a spreadsheet and used MyFitnessPal for a bit.

I’m allowing carbs but only in the form of something like some jalapeño in eggs or a small bit of lettuce as a carrier for burger patties.

Main thing is striving for a gram of protein per pound of ideal body weight and letting fat fill in the rest of my calories. As long as I hit my protein goal everything else seems to fall into place.

Does that app give any red flags or unsolicited advice regarding your fat content?

I imagine the vast majority of those apps view a diet with 70%-80% fat as being detrimental to weight loss.

No.  You do have to go in to manually change your macros to reflect the % you want if you aren't going with the SAD.  I don't track now, but it was helpful for the first week or two to help me get an understanding of how much protein and fat I was taking in.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:39:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By burnprocess:
Curious why people track things on carnivore.  Not being sardonic or insinuating it’s wrong, but carnivore really is just stupid easy:

Eat meat, butter, eggs.

Eat until not hungry, don’t eat until stuffed.

Feeling tired or lethargic - add fat

Bubble guts and nasty shits - reduce fat

Pretty much all it is.
View Quote

Great question.  For me, it was just at the beginning and it was so I could understand what was going into my body.  I don't track now.  I wanted to get a handle on how much protein and fat were in various cuts of meat.  Now, I pretty much just eat.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:58:32 PM EDT
[#22]

So are all the below ok?

Beef
Chicken
Pork
Bacon?
Cottage cheese?

View Quote

If you want to go full carnivore by definition then you're good to eat anything that had a face or a mom.  Eggs fit the bill as well.

A question for you to answer is why you're doing it and what is sustainable for you.  At it's heart, a carnivore diet is an elimination diet.  It's possible there are foods that make you feel like garbage and you don't realize it because you've just accepted that's the way you feel.  Some people do carnivore and then start to reintroduce things and find out they can't have lettuce because their body reacts poorly to it.  That's stuff you'll need to decide for yourself.

Now when it comes to sustainability... can you eat beef, bacon and eggs everyday with no seasoning but salt?  If so, enjoy.  Personally, I don't worry about having a little hot sauce on my eggs in the morning.  I have a taco seasoning I've made that I put on burger patties from time to time for a different flavor.  I'll use a little salsa.  Some days I'm "strict" carnivore because that's what I'm eating that day.  But I don't worry if I have a day with some sauces or some very low carb veggies, never going above 20g of total carbs for the day.  But I'm one that also believes God has designed us to eat a variety of foods... I just recognize that I function best on a primarily meat based diet with a few veggies thrown in from time to time.

Although she's not a doctor, Laura Spath is a YouTuber who has lost a lot of weight eating carnivore for the last seven years.  She talks a lot about sustainability.  Might be worth checking out some of her stuff to hear her perspective.

In the end, do what you think is right for your body.  Since I've been alive eggs have been good for you... then bad for you... then good for you in moderation... then bad for you... now they are a super food.  What do any of us truly know?
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 1:05:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ToxicMasculinity] [#23]

If you want to go full carnivore by definition then you're good to eat anything that had a face or a mom.  Eggs fit the bill as well.

A question for you to answer is why you're doing it and what is sustainable for you.  At it's heart, a carnivore diet is an elimination diet.  It's possible there are foods that make you feel like garbage and you don't realize it because you've just accepted that's the way you feel.  Some people do carnivore and then start to reintroduce things and find out they can't have lettuce because their body reacts poorly to it.  That's stuff you'll need to decide for yourself.

Now when it comes to sustainability... can you eat beef, bacon and eggs everyday with no seasoning but salt?  If so, enjoy.  Personally, I don't worry about having a little hot sauce on my eggs in the morning.  I have a taco seasoning I've made that I put on burger patties from time to time for a different flavor.  I'll use a little salsa.  Some days I'm "strict" carnivore because that's what I'm eating that day.  But I don't worry if I have a day with some sauces or some very low carb veggies, never going above 20g of total carbs for the day.  But I'm one that also believes God has designed us to eat a variety of foods... I just recognize that I function best on a primarily meat based diet with a few veggies thrown in from time to time.

Although she's not a doctor, Laura Spath is a YouTuber who has lost a lot of weight eating carnivore for the last seven years.  She talks a lot about sustainability.  Might be worth checking out some of her stuff to hear her perspective.

In the end, do what you think is right for your body.  Since I've been alive eggs have been good for you... then bad for you... then good for you in moderation... then bad for you... now they are a super food.  What do any of us truly know?
View Quote

That's light years better than the average person's diet. I don't get dogmatic or preach it.

I've been super strict for almost a year and really tell a significant negative difference when I eat anything else. I'm more sensitive to it than others, but it does affect us all. We have preferences, conditions etc and are different in that way, but our bodies do work the same. Otherwise medicine or treatments wouldn't be a thing.

I also don't know why you would rather have some rabbit's dinner than just having more meat, butter and salt. It's gross. Not nutritious. Fiber can be harmful. It's food for the animals that we eat. The nutrients from plants are in the animal's meat, in a form we can actually digest. That's why meat has every mineral and nutrient we need, in the proportions we need them, and in the most bioavailable form for humans.

Do it right for 3-6 months. Really clear your system out by doing this. You will see and feel major improvements in every way, getting better and better during that time. Once you feel better than you ever thought possible, then slowly start trying different foods to see how they affect you. For me, anything else tastes bad and makes me feel worse. If that's what you choose, that's your life to live how you want. But this is the only way to actually know.

As far as sustainability, that's a vegan talking point that is undeveloped. Not only do I have no problem doing this, I'm never going to stop. Entire cultures and empires thrived for many generations with a pure meat and dairy diet. Everybody else has been sick, fat, and weak because they eat livestock's food. Agriculture has only existed for 12k years and grains/carbs have always been for slaves and peasants
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 1:06:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Attachment Attached File

Dinner tonight.

Beef with taco seasoning
Mexican blend cheese
3 eggs over easy
Avocado sauce
Sour cream.

Love this stuff
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 3:28:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kaos] [#25]

I just wasn't sure how calorie intake that low and training would go.  I'm running 40-50 miles a week right now training for a marathon.  My plan is to try carnivore again after I run my marathon.
View All Quotes
I do 30min on the elliptical every other day.  Other than that it's just the standard work around the property.

I'm retired, 64, 5' 11", and started off at 251.8 lbs.

Yesterday I weighed in at 201.8 lbs.  Loss of 50 lbs is a big milestone for me.  Went from 40 jeans to 34.  My wife is really happy.  To celebrate I bought myself a box of Cohibas last night from JR (25%off sale).

I want to get to 195 so there's only 6.8 lbs to go.  I haven't seen a 1 as that first digit in a long long time.

I know this low-cal carnivore wouldn't be good for everyone, but it's working great for me.

I just wasn't sure how calorie intake that low and training would go.  I'm running 40-50 miles a week right now training for a marathon.  My plan is to try carnivore again after I run my marathon.

Dr Sean Omara has a few videos discussing marathon training promoting visceral fat accumulation but running wind sprints instead eliminates visceral fat.
This is a short version of one of his vids discussing this.
The #1 BEST Exercise to Get Rid of Visceral Fat | Dr. Sean O’Mara

He has several long form vids discussing it in greater detail.  Look for them, decide for yourself whether that fits your plans.

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 5:58:11 AM EDT
[#26]

That's light years better than the average person's diet. I don't get dogmatic or preach it.

I've been super strict for almost a year and really tell a significant negative difference when I eat anything else. I'm more sensitive to it than others, but it does affect us all. We have preferences, conditions etc and are different in that way, but our bodies do work the same. Otherwise medicine or treatments wouldn't be a thing.

I also don't know why you would rather have some rabbit's dinner than just having more meat, butter and salt. It's gross. Not nutritious. Fiber can be harmful. It's food for the animals that we eat. The nutrients from plants are in the animal's meat, in a form we can actually digest. That's why meat has every mineral and nutrient we need, in the proportions we need them, and in the most bioavailable form for humans.

Do it right for 3-6 months. Really clear your system out by doing this. You will see and feel major improvements in every way, getting better and better during that time. Once you feel better than you ever thought possible, then slowly start trying different foods to see how they affect you. For me, anything else tastes bad and makes me feel worse. If that's what you choose, that's your life to live how you want. But this is the only way to actually know.

As far as sustainability, that's a vegan talking point that is undeveloped. Not only do I have no problem doing this, I'm never going to stop. Entire cultures and empires thrived for many generations with a pure meat and dairy diet. Everybody else has been sick, fat, and weak because they eat livestock's food. Agriculture has only existed for 12k years and grains/carbs have always been for slaves and peasants
View Quote

Great post.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:18:15 AM EDT
[#27]

Otherwise,

Butter
Eggs
Salt

That's it.

Spices are ground concentrated seeds, which are quite toxic to humans. Salt, meat and fat is all that's needed and nothing that's harmful.

View All Quotes

So are all the below ok?

Beef
Chicken
Pork
Bacon?
Cottage cheese?

Otherwise,

Butter
Eggs
Salt

That's it.

Is there a preferred salt and butter brand? How about this butter, its great

So are chili crips and hot sauces out as well?
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:18:46 AM EDT
[#28]

No cottage cheese.

No nuts.

View All Quotes

So are all the below ok?

Beef
Chicken
Pork
Bacon?
Cottage cheese?

No cottage cheese.

No nuts.

Cottage cheese is a bummer. Cheap and tasty
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:28:02 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm down 17lbs since the new year just by cutting carbs from my diet. I also feel less inclined to snack since the first of the year.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:31:45 AM EDT
[#30]

https://i5.walmartimages.com/seo/Brummel-Brown-Buttery-Spread-with-Real-Yogurt-15-oz-Tub-Refrigerated_de3a04ab-3311-49ac-965a-a6fcce5a87c5.ca3cb836619bd9f0784c8195781dbb84.jpeg

View Quote

That is not butter. That is terrible for you.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:34:38 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

So are all the below ok?

Beef
Chicken
Pork
Bacon?
Cottage cheese?

Thanks! Years ago I did competitive bodybuilding, so Im had bland and monotonous "diets".  I want to try something thats a more sustainable eating style so that I stick with it. I guess I can go 100% at the beginning and then possibly add stuff. If Im doing well, I may just leave it as is. Wont know until I try.

Last fall, I popped up with psoriasis out of nowhere after 44 years. Doc said psoriasis cases were up 500% since Covid (would explain the non stop prescription commercials) and wanted me to go Mediterranean to assist with it. He also gave me a supplement program (Nattokinase, bromelain and curcumin) that is supposed help with spike proteins post Covid. I told him I am NOT going on ANY meds for psoriasis unless it become completely overwhelming and unbearable.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:36:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 20229mm:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/438654/IMG_8730_jpeg-3158522.JPG

Dinner tonight.

Beef with taco seasoning
Mexican blend cheese
3 eggs over easy
Avocado sauce
Sour cream.

Love this stuff
View Quote

So how often is the acceptable on carnivore? Is this something you can eat daily, or is it like a "treat"? Because I can eat meals like that all the time, no problem.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:41:51 AM EDT
[#33]

https://i5.walmartimages.com/seo/Brummel-Brown-Buttery-Spread-with-Real-Yogurt-15-oz-Tub-Refrigerated_de3a04ab-3311-49ac-965a-a6fcce5a87c5.ca3cb836619bd9f0784c8195781dbb84.jpeg

View Quote

lol that is not butter
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:00:32 AM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Yeah, toss it in the trash.  Says right on it it is a vegetable oil spread.  Ugh.  The worst.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:42:50 AM EDT
[#35]

Yeah, toss it in the trash.  Says right on it it is a vegetable oil spread.  Ugh.  The worst.
View All Quotes

10-4
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm on day 10 today. Day 4 was brutal. The thought of eating a piece of meat made me sick. By day 5, the headaches were gone and everything leveled out.

I'm down 9 pounds so far and my clothes are starting to feel different.

I'm 52 years old and now I feel like I did in my 20's. I can't imagine going back to a regular diet at this point. As diets go, this is just shockingly easy, and much cheaper than eating "normally".

Has anyone not had amazing results doing this?
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
Yea, you don't want to eat that. Try Kerrygold Butter or the Costco Kirkland butter all from grass fed cattle.
Hot sauces without sugars occasionally and just a few drops.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Yea, you don't want to eat that. Try Kerrygold Butter or the Costco Kirkland butter all from grass fed cattle.
View All Quotes

Got it, thanks!

But I gots to know about chili crisp...GD got me hooked
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#39]

Got it, thanks!

But I gots to know about chili crisp...GD got me hooked
View Quote
I would thin no. Especially if it has nuts or seeds or oils in it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:27:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#40]

View All Quotes

So are all the below ok?

Beef
Chicken
Pork
Bacon?
Cottage cheese?

Otherwise,

Butter
Eggs
Salt

That's it.

That's not butter; it's a factory poison.  

Get real butter, real lard, real tallow, real olive oil. Real fats, not factory shit.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:59:33 AM EDT
[#41]
So whats the preferred or recommended salt?

I never use salt on anything I eat, but Im sure Im going to need it to flavor the meats and assist with electrolytes
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:03:42 AM EDT
[#42]

I never use salt on anything I eat, but Im sure Im going to need it to flavor the meats and assist with electrolytes
View Quote

I avoid iodized salt.  I like big chunky sea salt or pink salt.  

I cannot speak to if himalayan pink salt is nutritionally different than sea salt, and I really don’t care. It’s whatever I grab that strikes my fancy. :)
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:09:37 AM EDT
[#43]

10-4
View All Quotes

10-4

Regardless if you do carnivore or not, you should try to avoid vegetable oil.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:12:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: J4C3] [#44]

View Quote

I use Real Salt, got the 50lb bags, Kosher* and fine grind. I use a lot... That's probably the best out there. Affordable in bulk.

Himalayan and Celtic are probably next. I doubt it matters that much. The big gripe is micro plastics from sea salts.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:13:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#45]

View Quote

For eggs, I use regular table salt.

For ribeyes, I use this:

Attachment Attached File

Not that $1.88 a pound is expensive, but they also sell multiple pound packs of it for about $1 a pound.  I just prefer the 1 lb shaker version.

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 12:23:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By J4C3:

I use Real Salt, got the 50lb bags, Kosher* and fine grind. I use a lot... That's probably the best out there. Affordable in bulk.

Himalayan and Celtic are probably next. I doubt it matters that much. The big gripe is micro plastics from sea salts.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By J4C3:

That's why I use Hima salt almost exclusively, sometimes Kosher salt or Lawry's Garlic salt.  The value of Hima salt isn't the salt, it's the minerals inherent in it.  Only certain sea salts don't have microplastics in them.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 1:33:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Clarinath] [#47]

View Quote

That’s not butter, by any stretch of the imagination.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Unadulterated red meat is the devil.

Also, be sure to drink your Vegetable Oil because it’s “good for your health.”

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Unadulterated red meat is the devil.

Also, be sure to drink your Vegetable Oil because it’s “good for your health.”

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_7170_jpeg-3158885.JPG
View Quote

Government and co. cannot make money off healthy people.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 3:53:01 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote
I use pink himalayan salt from costco on everything.
Page / 42
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top