Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Mount Rushmore.  It really is worth visiting.

I’d also suggest Trinity, NM, Hanford, WA, and Idaho Falls (see the world’s first nuclear power reactor and the (once working) nuclear jet engine!)...but I don’t think most people want to vacation like I do.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's my must visit list:

1) Stay the fuck out you smug pieces if shit.
View Quote
Classy.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Food or alchohol is another aspect. American BBQ, American dishes not found even in cities like NYC are worth traveling and experiencing. Same for Europe, Japan or wherever
Korean Girls Try American BBQ
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Classy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classy.
Ignore him. For my part, I can't wait to meet you someday.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 2:15:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, don't come to Arizona, it's too damn hot and we open carry spoons.  https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif
View Quote
Yeah, that would make their heads explode!  :)
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 2:17:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Pace Picante Sauce.  They fell victim to liberal salsa.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 2:30:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's not really smugness, since us Europeans are factually superior to you.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 2:43:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Minot North Dakota in January.
View Quote
The Pizza Ranch is conveniently right by the Walmart. 10/10 would visit again.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 2:43:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Classy.
View Quote
Like others just ignore the user.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/390917/1537486427245_1__png-951843.JPG
Look at that guy.

A European would have been well-dressed, preferably in tweed, and would have used an expensive O/U.

You Colonials have no class.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/390917/1537486427245_1__png-951843.JPG
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 3:43:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ashland, KY is beautiful this time of year.
View Quote
Most of my relatives are buried in Ashland. It's the only reason I visit anymore.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 3:48:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Shanandoa Valley (VA)

Smoky Mountains (TN/NC)

Outer Banks (NC)

Go to a NASCAR race at Talladega (AL), or any track.

NASA space museums (Al & FL)
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classy.
No shit.  I can't think of a single UK ARFCOMMER I wouldn't have a beer or 12 with.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classy.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#19]
My pure-as-the-driven-snow intent with this thread, is actually a bit of a selfish one. I love watching "Brit first time in America" YouTube videos, and I really need them to expand their horizons before booking a flight. It will make for better content.

It goes the other way, as well. I've yet to step foot in the UK (it's on my list). I haven't the slightest desire to spend any time in London. My wife does, which is a sticking point. So I figure I'll give her like 3 or 4 days to hit the highlights. I'm a giver. But then...we're out of there. If I see another American tourist in whatever village I find myself exploring, I'll have considered the trip a failure.

Speaking of which, let me turn this around and ask my UK cousins to help me out - what should I really be doing, the first time I grace your fair shores with my gun board famous presence?

Snark and sarcasm is expected, and appreciated. But...you know...toss a decent idea or two in there, while you're at it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 9:39:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Deuce bigalow: European Gigolo
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 9:42:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Sod off, you bloody wanker!
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 10:05:36 PM EDT
[#22]
So...everybody that comes here for the first time does the same kind of travel video. They either end up in NYC (shortest flight), or they end up in LA because they have a YouTuber/Internet friend on the west coast to save on lodging. If you're lucky, they end up in Vegas or something. And here are the common themes:

"Wow, a real New York Slice!"
"ZOMG, I finally get to try In-N-Out you guys!"

"So here we are at Wal-Mart. Look at how huge this <insert packaged food item here> is! And holy shit, it's so cheap!"

"We're at an Applebees, and WOW! American portion sizes are so huge. There's no way you can eat all of this. And get this - they ask you if you want a 'doggie-bag' to bring the rest of it home, LULZ! Americans are fat!"

"Our American friends took us to a gun range. Here we are shooting rented machine guns in stalls, and sweeping the firing line! What century is this, and why is this still ok, lololololol?"

"There is like...NO public transportation you guys, lol. You're going to have to hire a car. Also, America is like...fucking huge."

"You have to tip for like...everything! Ugh. Why can't they just pay their workers a fair wage?"

"I bought a thing for what I thought was $0.98. But then I got to the register, and...they have this thing called 'sales tax', but you can't see it. It was actually $1.08. I don't know what credit cards are, and I normally carry exact change for purchases".

"What's an ounce? What's a pound? What's a foot? What's an inch? Stupid Americans - get with the program! I live in a country that gave birth to this shit, I drive in miles per hour, I measure fuel consumption in miles per gallon, I use Fahrenheit when I want to explain how fucking hot is is, I use Celsius when I want to explain how fucking cold it is, I (optimistically) express my weight in 'stones', I order glasses of beer by the pint, but you Yanks need to join the rest of the world and adopt the metric system already! It's so confusing, tee tee!"

Anyway...
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 10:08:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Las Cruces and then head just a wee bit more south.
View Quote
Las Cruces is nice. Went to school there.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 10:49:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 11:02:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So...everybody that comes here for the first time does the same kind of travel video. They either end up in NYC (shortest flight), or they end up in LA because they have a YouTuber/Internet friend on the west coast to save on lodging. If you're lucky, they end up in Vegas or something. And here are the common themes:

"So here we are at Wal-Mart. Look at how huge this  is! And holy shit, it's so cheap!"

"We're at an Applebees, and WOW! American portion sizes are so huge. There's no way you can eat all of this. And get this - they ask you if you want a 'doggie-bag' to bring the rest of it home, LULZ! Americans are fat!"

"Our American friends took us to a gun range. Here we are shooting rented machine guns in stalls, and sweeping the firing line! What century is this, and why is this still ok, lololololol?"

"There is like...NO public transportation you guys, lol. You're going to have to hire a car. Also, America is like...fucking huge."

"You have to tip for like...everything! Ugh. Why can't they just pay their workers a fair wage?"

"I bought a thing for what I thought was $0.98. But then I got to the register, and...they have this thing called 'sales tax', but you can't see it. It was actually $1.08. I don't know what credit cards are, and I normally carry exact change for purchases".

"What's an ounce? What's a pound? What's a foot? What's an inch? Stupid Americans - get with the program! I live in a country that gave birth to this shit, I drive in miles per hour, I measure fuel consumption in miles per gallon, I use Fahrenheit when I want to explain how fucking hot is is, I use Celsius when I want to explain how fucking cold it is, I (optimistically) express my weight in 'stones', I order glasses of beer by the pint, but you Yanks need to join the rest of the world and adopt the metric system already! It's so confusing, tee tee!"

Anyway...
View Quote
Fooking "influencers."  IE insta thots.

Woops.

Never had to deal with anyone from anywhere in the world that cared enough to actually travel.  Sales tax and tipping might be a foreign concept though, that shit causes me problems but I sort it out.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 12:33:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Many of the Brits we encountered in Normandy were well-lubricated from drinking up the entirety of the Portsmouth Ferry's beer supply, and then started in on France's stash of booze. They filled the cafe tables with their loud, boorish behavior, but I had an amusing encounter with a few of them in Bayeux.

I was twisting the wire off of a bottle of Norman cider, when it popped off and flew into a table of drunken Englishmen. They were behind me and all I heard after the pop was 'What the FUCK??" I stood up and was preparing my most diplomatic apology when one of the hooligans also stood up, handed back the cork, and said 'cheers, mate'. We nodded to each other, then sat down and had our beverages.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Their reputation as a bunch of drunken assholes while on vacation equals or surpasses those of other countries, I’ve found. From Normandy to Thailand, my family and I have bumped into them, and they’re all the same.... buffoons.
All Europeans at the restaurants and places in and around Orlando Florida airport, Russians in Paris and Germans in NYC have been my most obnoxious experiences. Although the civilian Brits doing weekend binging in Amsterdam did catch my attention. Americans were embarrassing in Tokyo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxH954K9lBs
Many of the Brits we encountered in Normandy were well-lubricated from drinking up the entirety of the Portsmouth Ferry's beer supply, and then started in on France's stash of booze. They filled the cafe tables with their loud, boorish behavior, but I had an amusing encounter with a few of them in Bayeux.

I was twisting the wire off of a bottle of Norman cider, when it popped off and flew into a table of drunken Englishmen. They were behind me and all I heard after the pop was 'What the FUCK??" I stood up and was preparing my most diplomatic apology when one of the hooligans also stood up, handed back the cork, and said 'cheers, mate'. We nodded to each other, then sat down and had our beverages.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 12:34:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Vaughn NM for the win!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gallup, NM.
Vaughn NM for the win!
Vaughn is amazing.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 1:48:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Meh. Their country sucks. It sucks because of their voters. I don't want those voters in non-shit-hole parts of this nation.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 1:50:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Truth.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 1:51:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
if someone really wanted to see america, the following is my train of thought (moving generally east to west):

-new hampshire or delaware

-boston

-some of the old coastal towns in VA and the carolinas

-savannah GA

-cape canaveral

-the FL keys

-the appalachians and cumberland

-rural west virginia

-small-town iowa or nebraska

-hot springs AR

-the gulf coast.  not the white sands FL version, but the MS/LA version

-new orleans

-the italian/eastern european parts of chicago.

-the great plains.  horse country.  brits are a nautical people who love the desert because it's like an ocean--they'll appreciate the GP.

-yellowstone and glacier parks.

-western CO, in the real working areas rather than the resort areas.

-NASA in houston

-fort worth TX--the city that cattle built.

-the southwest.  make them drive through TX, NM, and AZ.  climbing up into flagstaff, and feeling the temperature drop on your skin.

-white sands missile range.

-hoover dam

-yosemite and lake tahoe

-the beach towns in CA

-northern CA and the redwoods

that's a start...
View Quote
I'd add Charleston, SC and surrounding area.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 2:14:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My pure-as-the-driven-snow intent with this thread, is actually a bit of a selfish one. I love watching "Brit first time in America" YouTube videos, and I really need them to expand their horizons before booking a flight. It will make for better content.

It goes the other way, as well. I've yet to step foot in the UK (it's on my list). I haven't the slightest desire to spend any time in London. My wife does, which is a sticking point. So I figure I'll give her like 3 or 4 days to hit the highlights. I'm a giver. But then...we're out of there. If I see another American tourist in whatever village I find myself exploring, I'll have considered the trip a failure.

Speaking of which, let me turn this around and ask my UK cousins to help me out - what should I really be doing, the first time I grace your fair shores with my gun board famous presence?

Snark and sarcasm is expected, and appreciated. But...you know...toss a decent idea or two in there, while you're at it.
View Quote
Not from the UK, but my honeymoon was in the Channel Islands (Jersey, Guernsey, Herm, and Sark).  It was fantastic.  Pretty much no American tourists (people wondered how we found it), beautiful landscape, friendly people, fantastic food, and some great museums from the Nazi occupation.  I’d highly recommend them.  Especially Jersey and Sark, my wife and I want to go there for at least a week or two again some day.  Then to Normandy. :)
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 2:29:26 AM EDT
[#32]
We have not even talked about pints.  

What is a proper pint?  I think the US they cut me off after so much.  A US pint is 450 some militers which is not enough IMO.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 3:21:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Stop coming here.. PISSING AND SHITTING on the STREETS....

Also, make up your fucken mind with Brexit...we are tired of your theatrics and your 7000 gender fluidic identification issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks...... but I'm just kinda done with the UK.

I'm American of Hungarian extraction and also I work for FEG and teach here part time at various schools.

The amount of fuckery and dumfuckery I've experienced with people from the UK is just making me puke sometimes.

I've been Arocked here also by Limery scums.

There are exceptions out in the country side..some limeys are cool and nice..and I hang with them but those coming directly from hellhole island...need to be shot.
Fuck you, you fucking fuck !
Stop coming here.. PISSING AND SHITTING on the STREETS....

Also, make up your fucken mind with Brexit...we are tired of your theatrics and your 7000 gender fluidic identification issues.
This site REALLY needs a like button
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

"So here we are at Wal-Mart. Look at how huge this  is! And holy shit, it's so cheap!"

Anyway...
View Quote
Don't forget the clapping, and keeping your shoes on in people's homes.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 1:38:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Vaughn NM for the win!
View Quote
Don't forget to stop in Yeso
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#36]
I don't blame them for wanting to see major cities and not get stuck at some podunk truck stop.  More to do and see in a more compact and easily accessible area.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
There's a bit of a pandemic going on. UK tourists insist on visiting our fair shores (which is fine, I guess...), but they defiantly insist on congregating in large numbers on holiday in:

1. New York City
2. Las Vegas
3. Los Angeles
4. San Francisco
5. Miami

That's all well and good, but they keep returning home (often making YouTube videos) and saying "As a world traveller, I've been to America and...". No. You fucking haven't, you miserable twat.

So then, I feel like it's our duty as Americans, to advise our UK cousins on where they should be booking flights. Because the 5 I've mentioned (and the 5 they insist on visiting) aren't America. We can all agree on that, yes? Right. So let's help them out.

And...go!
View Quote
You know there are slight similarities to this and being told you haven't seen Texas yet.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 3:01:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Wyoming, recently visited, is just slightly larger than the UK (landmass wise, ~5k square miles larger), and the population of WY is 500k, whereas the UK is 66 MILLION.

Missouri is a bit smaller than the UK (70k sq. mi vs 94K sq. mi.) with a 10th of the population of the UK. (6.1 Million)
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Anyway...
View Quote
There’s nothing Americans love more than smug foreigners telling us what’s wrong with our country.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 3:16:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Until they've had a deep fried Oreo at a state fair, chugged peeps, eaten Pepsi, then jogged until puking, then shot black rifles for score, they haven't seen America as a tourist.

We want them to tell their friends it was fucking terrible and to never come here. Unless they're into black rifles, peeps, chugging, and preferably have tits.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
As much as I hate to admit it, everyone really should get to Chicago one time. You have the Museum, Plenetarium, Aquarium, Art Museum, Navy Pier and Wrigley Field, try some real authentic deep dish pizza all within a short distance from each other. And the area you are in you are not likely to be murdered, although you will get harassed by panhandlers a bit though. Stay overnight and take a couple days to really get it all in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haven’t seen Chicago, New Hampshire, White Sands, Hoover Dam, Yellowstone or the Gulf coast from that list
As much as I hate to admit it, everyone really should get to Chicago one time. You have the Museum, Plenetarium, Aquarium, Art Museum, Navy Pier and Wrigley Field, try some real authentic deep dish pizza all within a short distance from each other. And the area you are in you are not likely to be murdered, although you will get harassed by panhandlers a bit though. Stay overnight and take a couple days to really get it all in.
Of course they should.

As much as I truly despise what the entity of Chicago has done to our state, it's an absolutely gorgeous city with almost endless things to do.  It has an amazing "feel" to it in the summer and around Christmas.

The bad areas of Chicago are pretty much segregated from anywhere your typical "tourist" would ever be.  There is almost a zero percent chance you end up in Engelwood unless you are trying to go there.

But then again, there is a fair amount of people here that are so deathly afraid of everything that they won't even hold a drink with their right hand....so I guess getting out of the house isn't for everyone.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top