Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#1]
So after well over a year of hearing Europe has to do more Europe might do more.
The hilarity is those that said Europe should do more are now complaining about Europe maybe doing more.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:46:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am a UkeBro as you put it. My balls were there as a young man when I gave the years of my life in service to my country. The ArfCommie panty pissers are too busy wringing their hands and mewling in abject terror to understand what Russia's endgame is and the atrocities they are committing. The long game for us involves Russia and China. By grinding Russia into dust we have are saving future American lives in the coming certain melee we have waiting down the road.

Clean your self up and gather what is left of your dignity. It is plain you either are not American or you have forgotten the spirit of Washington.
View Quote
What is Russia's end-game?  Specifically
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:47:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the real problem are the Russian troops on the ground in Ukraine.  Not British trainers working way in the rear area.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So after well over a year of hearing Europe has to do more Europe might do more.
The hilarity is those that said Europe should do more are now complaining about Europe maybe doing more.
View Quote

Pretty much.

What the UK does is their business.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I must be getting old.

I remember when Republicans knew that the Russians are our enemy. And Americans understood the MAD Philosophy and didn't crybaby about the possibility of nuclear war.
View Quote

Bro you done stumbled into a Code Pink meeting.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good to see at least some countries still have the balls to stand against Russian aggression....
View Quote
You can always volunteer
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:49:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Good for them. This is a European problem and it's about time they step up and start doing something about it. Now we can stop sending cash to pay for Ukrainian pensions and government salaries and we can focus on the problems in our own country.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:50:00 PM EDT
[#8]
The UK has consistently played the role of the washed-up, "has been" player who has less to lose, and is willing to take greater risks for the grand prize of dragging the US into the conflict. I guess considering that Russia is the main player in this event, and the UK has taken this yap-dog role, Russia won the Great Game of the 1800s.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:50:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm a huge pussy and I shit the bed nightly thinking of nuclear war with Russia, this is terrible news I may faint.
View Quote

I see you still are hyper emotional about this whole thing.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Why was the original Ukraine thread moved?
View Quote

Because the OP got tired of being threatened by mouthbreathers.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You can always volunteer
View Quote

He sends them socks, his sacrifice box has been checked.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:52:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's wild.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The UK has consistently played the role of the washed-up, "has been" player who has less to lose, and is willing to take greater risks for the grand prize of dragging the US into the conflict. I guess considering that Russia is the main player in this event, and the UK has taken this yap-dog role, Russia won the Great Game of the 1800s.
View Quote

How many Russian missiles are landing on UK airfields?
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Good for them. This is a European problem and it's about time they step up and start doing something about it. Now we can stop sending cash to pay for Ukrainian pensions and government salaries and we can focus on the problems in our own country.
View Quote

Interesting change in direction.    I won’t ask why.   Don’t worry, nobody else will notice.  

The Fiscal austerity argument does play better amongst traditional conservatives.    Less Jane Fonda, more Woodrow Wilson.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:07:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Ukraine actually do not like their western trainers and tactics that don’t work.

Gonna guess…it’s more of the Brits are guarding Zelensky from assassination.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Fuck Ukraine !  Ukraine is Europes problem!   NOT THE AMERICAN TAXPAYERS !   Let them foot the bill !   They don’t pay shit into NATO!
View Quote

Europe has ponied up as much as the US has for Ukraine ~ 44 billion to our 45. I still think our GDP is higher than all of theirs combined...but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Interesting change in direction.    I won’t ask why.   Don’t worry, nobody else will notice.  

The Fiscal austerity argument does play better amongst traditional conservatives.    Less Jane Fonda, more Woodrow Wilson.
View Quote

What? Not sure what you're talking about.

Anyway, It was a win for Americans today that Ukraine aid was stripped from the CR. Finally, for once, Congress is doing the will of the people. Let's see how McConnell and Biden handle it.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lolz.  They taught you that Russia Won the “Great Game”?   .    

That a hilariously RussCentric viewpoint.    You probably don’t understand how bizarre that sounds to Western ears.

Personally, I wish they had won, just a little. Like maybe Constantinople?
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:11:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

@AmorphousBlob

Because I asked for it to be moved.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Still sounds like Code Pink talking points.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:14:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I am a UkeBro as you put it. My balls were there as a young man when I gave the years of my life in service to my country. The ArfCommie panty pissers are too busy wringing their hands and mewling in abject terror to understand what Russia's endgame is and the atrocities they are committing. The long game for us involves Russia and China. By grinding Russia into dust we have are saving future American lives in the coming certain melee we have waiting down the road.

Clean your self up and gather what is left of your dignity. It is plain you either are not American or you have forgotten the spirit of Washington.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Lolz.  They taught you that Russia Won the “Great Game”?   .    

That a hilariously RussCentric viewpoint.    You probably don’t understand how bizarre that sounds to Western ears.

Personally, I wish they had won, just a little. Like maybe Constantinople?
View Quote

They did manage to drag themselves mostly out of feudal serfdom before the 20th century tho.  Better Nate than lever I guess.  A for effort.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If you dont think Green Berets or CAG arent already operating in country, then youre lost.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:15:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Europe has ponied up as much as the US has for Ukraine ~ 44 billion to our 45. I still think our GDP is higher than all of theirs combined...but I could be wrong.
View Quote

45 billion from the USA?
You’re way off on that by a larger magnitude.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If you dont think Green Berets or CAG arent already operating in country, then youre lost.
View Quote

Concur.  We've been in for a while.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Good to see at least some countries still have the balls to stand against Russian aggression....
View Quote

No one is stopping you
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No one is stopping you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one is stopping you

See, this is what happens when people aren’t properly trained in the nuances of the English language.  

Crossing: your reply only makes sense, if 7 is a Country.  

People pretend to be many things here, but I have yet to see anyone larp as an entire Country.    Maybe one day.   It would be cool, if done convincingly enough.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

We? First hand experience?
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:29:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

See, this is what happens when people aren’t properly trained in the nuances of the English language.  

People pretend to be many things here, but I have yet to see anyone larp as an entire Country.    Maybe one day.   It would be cool, if done convincingly enough.
View Quote

I identify as Portugal.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:30:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

@AmorphousBlob

Because I asked for it to be moved.
View Quote

@58Teague

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:34:11 PM EDT
[#32]
I would be surprised if there are any less than 5,000 Americans INSIDE Ukraine, in some sort of military role.  GI's, fighting contractors (Blackwater), private security, logistics contractors, federal employees, IT contractors, CIA, communications contractors...
I would also be surprised if anyone really knew exactly how many Americans were there.  

The US has admitted there are some deployed.  So if some Americans are killed, they'll just say: "Yeah, those were the guys we told you were there. They were killed in a training exercise."
https://nypost.com/2023/04/12/pentagon-leak-shows-14-us-special-forces-present-in-ukraine/
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I identify as Portugal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I identify as Portugal.

I am ARGENTINA!          

…purchased it last month for a non trivial amount.

Declaration of WAR will be tendered at Midnight.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I am ARGENTINA!          

…purchased it last month for a significant amounthttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/12451/IMG_0618_jpeg-2971686.JPG….
View Quote

Please don't cry for me.

ETA Saw the edit

Member what happened last time you got froggy Mr Argentina ??

Sabaton - Back in Control - Falklands War + Lyrics
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:43:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Some of you guys sure seem to only be on this site to correct the narrative
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:46:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Where are your balls? You ukebros are all so willing to spend other peoples lives while you sit typing on your phone  BTW Red Dawn was a fictional movie. It didn’t really happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are your balls? You ukebros are all so willing to spend other peoples lives while you sit typing on your phone  BTW Red Dawn was a fictional movie. It didn’t really happen.

It entertains me that that people still peddle this stupid argument and still haven't realized how impressively retarded it makes them sound.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So many people are "read on" in this thread.  It's so fucking cool.

Why not go all the way, and drop some actual details?
View Quote
Serious question, is there such a thing as observers any more? In earlier conflicts (pre-WWI or WWII) non-involved parties would send officers to observe one or both sides.

Has the nature of war changed to the point that it's not feasible? With accurate deep strike capabilities it's more dangerous I would assume so a rando just hanging around could lead to more incidents?

It would seem sending observers would put some .mil folks right where they need to be to see what's happening.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Some of you only seem to be here to propagate it.

Quoted:
It would seem sending observers would put some .mil folks right where they need to be to see what's happening.

The US had a unit with one of their responsibilities being devoted to that and got rid of it recently.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It entertains me that that people still peddle this stupid argument and still haven't realized how impressively retarded it makes them sound.
View Quote

Just wait a few I am sure there are a few waiting in the wings to one up it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are your balls? You ukebros are all so willing to spend other peoples lives while you sit typing on your phone  BTW Red Dawn was a fictional movie. It didn't really happen.

Russia subjugating its neighbors over regional territory disputes isn't an american problem. The only good reason to be involved in the conflict is if you have a few billion dollars to launder while at the same time hooking your friends companies up with contracts for goods and services.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Ha, Russia and Ukraine have been at each others throats longer than the USA has been a country, and will probably still be at each other for another 300 years.
Slavic pride, stupidity, and hubris will not stop them from killing each other till one side is gone.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:57:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

2023'ers
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The US had a unit with one of their responsibilities being devoted to that and got rid of it recently.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Seems to be a poor choice to get rid of that type of group.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:09:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Calm down. If Russia can’t defeat Ukraine what are you worried about? They are a shit people raping and pillaging children and women, it’s time cleanse all Russian invaders from Ukraine by any and all means necessary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck it.

It's only a matter of time anyways and I'm tired of waiting on the asteroid.

Calm down. If Russia can’t defeat Ukraine what are you worried about? They are a shit people raping and pillaging children and women, it’s time cleanse all Russian invaders from Ukraine by any and all means necessary.

They are taking volunteers,  time to be a hero
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:10:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What is so damn important about Ukraine?

I do not get it.

I don't care about Russians getting killed in war and I don't care about Ukrainians getting killed in war.

I care very much about WW3 starting over this crapola.  

We are risking all this for ?????
View Quote

The unfulfilled Cold War fantasies of senile survivalists.

They believed the Russians were going to invade the world since they were born… but then the Soviet Union collapsed and they never got to have their fight.

So now some piddly ass Eastern European border dispute is their way of living vicariously. It’s just like that GI Joe doll they got when they were little except it’s real this time!

It’s a side effect of an aging population. Nobody who would actually have to go fight in WWIII over the inconsequential borders of shithole countries gives a damn about this fight.

There isn’t even an ideological goal. It’s just “aggression”- while ignoring that the national pastime of all those countries is border disputes and ethnic cleansing.

We have baseball and apple pie, they have different plots of shit dirt tied up in some 1000 year struggle over… which Slav squats better? I dunno. I also don’t care. They do genocides and piddly wars as a weekend hobby.

We should stop interfering and appropriating their culture.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:11:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck it.

For glory of the Ukie motherland! Da comrade!
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why have you not signed up. Put your money's where your mouth is.

ETA.
@7empest
Nut up.

https://visitukraine.today/blog/1797/how-to-join-the-international-legion-of-defense-of-ukraine-detailed-instructions-for-foreigners
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck it.

Time to nut up bro's. Nut up or shut up.

https://visitukraine.today/blog/1797/how-to-join-the-international-legion-of-defense-of-ukraine-detailed-instructions-for-foreigners
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:28:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I supported ending Russian aggression the last time it mattered-- 80 years ago. Everything since is a show, pretending to defend the corpse that is western civilization.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Just read an article on The Telegraph stating that the UK will deploy troops to Ukraine to train the UKR forces inside the country.

What could go wrong!?
View Quote

We call ours Green Berets.....
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top