BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:35:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You want people to leave you alone?

Live somewhere where people believe in that.  Where?  I have no fucking clue, but it doesn’t seem like it’s a fundamental in America anymore.
View Quote
I found a place like that once but a guy named Ted Kaczynski already moved in
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:35:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought he was a good player
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:36:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I thought he was a good player
View Quote
Racist!

Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:38:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats my alma mater, i've been on the phone making them aware of my extreme disgust and cessation of any further alumni support

Here's the Foundation members if there's any other alumni who want to let them know how they feel about a unhinged racist professor being employed there

https://www.urifoundation.org/s/1638/03-Foundation/interior-wide.aspx?sid=1638&gid=3&pgid=936
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:40:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Tom responds:
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#7]
It's always fun to look up where these clowns live.

Kingston, Rhode Island

Kingston RI Demographics

According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of Kingston RI was:

White: 84.35%

Black or African American: 5.89%

Two or more races: 3.88%

Asian: 3.71%

Other race: 2.18%

Native American: 0.00%

Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander: 0.00%
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#9]
On top of the team named after a group of murdering white supremacists.....the Patriots.

Beto says they illegally turned against their Govt after all.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I’m gonna go with the 6 Super Bowls wins.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I guess this business of finding some sort of conspiracy in all things "white" is it's own industry.

I tried to find what this guy could possibly have to say about Ricky Bobby. Ran across a book written by some chick with the University of Akron who just goes on and on about white privilege and how you have to be familiar with Southern white this-or-that to get the jokes in the movie.

There's not much that pisses me off, but when you talk smack about Ricky Bobby or Tom Brady, I do get bothered.

Everybody hates a winner, it seems.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 4:15:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I am surprised that there aren't more white quarterbacks. Clearly all they have to do is exploit their white privilege
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 4:16:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Here's the reason he's writing this shit. Brady goes home after a hard days work and gets to boink a supermodel wife, this putz goes home after doing nothing worthwhile or beneficial to anyone and masturbates to a picture of Brady's supermodel wife.
View Quote
lol

yer prob not wrong.    lol
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Right.

Tom Brady continues to be one of the hardest working people we know. You might could say the same for Donald Trump.

That guy needs to stick to kinesiology. Leave the book writing to someone who's not a complete dumbass.
View Quote
Working hard to get ahead is racist, remember?
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Does this mean I need to start liking him?
View Quote
Exactly.  I'm really conflicted.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 4:20:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I guess this business of finding some sort of conspiracy in all things "white" is it's own industry.

I tried to find what this guy could possibly have to say about Ricky Bobby. Ran across a book written by some chick with the University of Akron who just goes on and on about white privilege and how you have to be familiar with Southern white this-or-that to get the jokes in the movie.

There's not much that pisses me off, but when you talk smack about Ricky Bobby or Tom Brady, I do get bothered.

Everybody hates a winner, it seems.
View Quote
Ricky Bobby - Invisible Fire (HD)
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Educated beyond his intelligence.
View Quote
He's not actually educated, just papered.  In a ginned-up gym teacher field.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 4:25:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Another " professor " spewing nonsense .   I feel for the students that have to sit and listen to his crap.

gd
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#19]
So what does that make me? I like Tom Brady AND Ricky Bobby and I’m not even white.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#20]
My research critically examines the patterns and particularities of the stories told about white men in popular culture, reading them as politicized allegories of particular moments in history. Thus far, my work has focused on stories produced in American sport media—especially the realms of spectacle, film, and celebrity. I conceptualize these stories as under-theorized political terrains that play a key pedagogical role in forming how various publics make sense of the changing ideas of race, gender, class, and nationalism that circulate in culture. More broadly, I take seriously the critical study of popular culture, understanding it not only as a key terrain through which people develop their perceptions and beliefs about themselves, their social worlds, and American/global history and culture, writ large, but as an index of the dynamic ideological currents circulating through various American social formations. Previously, I have written about the racial and gender politics of the performances, cultural representations, and personal narratives of sport celebrities like: Tom Brady, Andre Agassi, Lance Armstrong, Pat Tillman, and Freddy Adu; sport-related films like: Dogtown and Z Boys, Jerry Maguire, The Fan, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, Murderball; and sport formations such as extreme sports and skateboarding. Some of these analyses can be found in my book, Revolt of the White Athlete: Race, Media and the Emergence of Extreme Athletes in America (Peter Lang: New York, 2007) and in various anthologies and journals. All of this work is united by a focus on illuminating the dynamic representational strategies and logics used to re-center whiteness, reproduce white male privilege, reconstruct white nationalism(s), and commodify blackness within specific historical conjunctures of post-civil rights era America.
Literally "I just make shit up to bolster my prejudices".
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Kinesiology? That is a body movement discipline.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There is still a lot of amazing professors out there. But news isn't about reporting on the good ones, it's much better headlines to find the kooks.

The problem is that the idiots like this know they can say stupid shit and gets their name out and people talking about them.

Same deal when actors, celebrities, political talking heads, youtubers, etc.. go out of their way to say something controversial. It brings them exposure/views and gets people talking.

The first thing I thought of was "Let me guess, he has a book for sale..." and sure enough, right there on Amazon.

It's all about self-promotion.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0820472514/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_taft_p1_i0
View Quote
All you need to know about this beta cuck:

"Informed by whiteness studies, Kyle Kusz's groundbreaking book examines the role that sport discourses play in reproducing a central, normative, and superior position for white masculinity in American culture and society at the turn of the twenty-first century. Specifically, Kusz illuminates how the American sports media  through cover stories detailing the so-called disappearance of the white (male) athlete in American sports or the rise of extreme sports  produced a set of contradictory images of white masculinity as victimized and unprivileged, yet superior and squarely centered in American culture, that shaped and were shaped by a broader cultural struggle to re-secure white male privilege."
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 6:13:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 6:31:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Wow.  Look up "self-loathing" in Webster's, and there would be an image of him.  Probably wearing sackcloth and ashes, as well, with a hammer and sickle instead of a halo.
View Quote
I actually had a class with him back in 2009, some bullshit elective class to round out the necessary credit hours, it was something along the lines of "sport and culture" or something, sounded easy and possibly interesting so i went for it. Guy was an insufferably smug cunt, whiney voice, very confrontational, he failed a student (for the entire course, not one assignment) because on a term paper the student "plagiarized themselves" felt really bad for them and it was obviously an absurd allegation. I hope he gets fired, but im not going to get my hopes up since Universities are cancer
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 6:33:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I’m sure it has nothing to do with Tom having more rings than a jewelry store.
View Quote
This.

That and the fact that he is one of the best and most successful quarterbacks to ever play the game and is still going strong at 42.

It's all about white supremacy. Couldn't possibly anything else.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Apparently so.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#27]
This author wrote a very similar piece about Andre Agassi years ago. He’s been peddling this trash idea for a while now.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#29]
These people breed.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
These people breed.
View Quote
I doubt he has enough male hormones in his body these days to knock anyone up

And 100% chance his wife bangs other dudes
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That's a good one, but just to be slightly anal, the titles were, "The Road To X" Your version is almost a Willie Nelson song title.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or a great line from one of the 'On the Road to...' movies with Bob Hope and Bing Crosby, who said of Hope's character: 'With a little education this boy could be an idiot!'
That's a good one, but just to be slightly anal, the titles were, "The Road To X" Your version is almost a Willie Nelson song title.
Doh! You're right, can't believe I got that wrong. Well it's been a tough week.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Looks like that type that has to put on a happy face as he looks on while

men like Tom Brady pleasure his wife, and then has to clean up.

With his tongue.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#34]
The White Nationalist Tom Brady. It has a ring.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Tom’s OK in my book.

This guy interacts with a plethora of serious black men EVERYDAY.  One day a week some others are tasked with destroying him.  He gets it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 6:44:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If you go over to Tom Brady's Instagram he has pics from his two Kentucky Derby trips. One year he has 15 guys with him, two of them are black. The other year he has 16 guys with him, again, 2 of them are black dudes.

Now, with blacks making up appx 13% of the US population, doesn't want that make his black friend numbers in line with the population of the US?
View Quote
Statistics are racist. Bro.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 6:50:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He lives in RI. Isn't that state like 98% white?
View Quote
Not anymore. Someone set up a Stargate between Providence and every shithole town in Central America.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Tom’s OK in my book.

This guy interacts with a plethora of serious black men EVERYDAY.  .
View Quote
A what?
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Here's the reason he's writing this shit. Brady goes home after a hard days work and gets to boink a supermodel wife, this putz goes home after doing nothing worthwhile or beneficial to anyone and masturbates to a picture of Brady's supermodel wife.
View Quote
Lol that effeminate douchebag probably masturbates to a pic of Brady.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 7:46:12 PM EDT
[#42]
What is this "white rage"?

I didn't get the memo.

What am I supposed to be enraged about, and how does it make me like football players?

I hate football.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#43]
This twerp thinks he's down with the cause, but the cause isn't down with him. His self-loathing and smug superiority wouldn't do shit for him at 0300 on Martin Luther King Boulevard.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:47:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Do you know what "kinesiology" is?

Guy is a fucking physical therapy professor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kyle Kusz, a kinesiology professor at the University of Rhode Island, published a book this month titled "Making American White Men Great Again: Tom Brady, Donald Trump, and the Allure of White Male Omnipotence in Post-Obama America." He theorized that Brady became popular due to the rise of "white rage and white supremacy," according to Campus Reform.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tom-brady-popularity-tied-white-supremacy
Do you know what "kinesiology" is?

Guy is a fucking physical therapy professor.
Yeah, but he minored in "interpretive research". Quoting from Research Methods for the Social Sciences:

Interpretive research is a research paradigm that is based on the assumption that social reality is not singular or objective, but is rather shaped by human experiences and social contexts (ontology), and is therefore best studied within its socio-historic context by reconciling the subjective interpretations of its various participants (epistemology). Because interpretive researchers view social reality as being embedded within and impossible to abstract from their social settings, they "interpret" the reality though a "sense-making" process rather than a hypothesis testing process. This is in contrast to the positivist or functionalist paradigm that assumes that the reality is relatively independent of the context, can be abstracted from their contexts, and studied in a decomposable functional manner using objective techniques such as standardized measures.
I'm not an educated man, and no doubt this is why I value evidence, standardized measures, and objective reality.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
This author wrote a very similar piece about Andre Agassi years ago. He's been peddling this trash idea for a while now.
View Quote
Exactly. He's working his way through the alphabet.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:49:49 PM EDT
[#46]
There's no shortage of mental illness in the education industry.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#47]
I’m 46 years old.  Some of my younger teammates played against Brady in college.  He didn’t just become popular.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:50:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I’m 46 years old.  Some of my younger teammates played against Brady in college.  He didn’t just become popular.
View Quote
Did they lose to him?
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:51:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Joke's on that professor.  Outside of Boston, everybody hates Tom Brady.
View Quote
Beat me to it
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Live somewhere where people believe in that.  Where?  I have no fucking clue, but it doesn’t seem like it’s a fundamental in America anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No shit. I hate Brady I wish nothing but ill will upon him, but if this is the kind of bullshit that's going to come out I guess I'm going to have to start liking him.

God dammit why can't people just leave me alone

Much of rural America believes in that.  The trouble is we get out voted in state and national elections by urbanites who don’t believe in that.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top