Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/23/2019 1:13:29 AM EDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?68=&v=ihPfB30YT_c

Viewers of Sir David Attenborough's new documentary were moved to tears over a heartbreaking battle between an orangutan and a bulldozer destroying its home.

During the distressful scene, the primate attempted to save its home from the machinery before being forced to flee.

The series showed how huge areas of rainforest were being ripped down and replaced with palm oil plantations, according to the Mirror.

During the latest episode, cameras captured the moment a desperate orangutan tried to shove a bulldozer as it tore down trees in its path.

The animal was seen frantically trying to beat the machine away before fleeing the area.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/viewers-tears-watching-orangutans-battle-2779537
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:15:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Poor fella.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:21:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Give that orang' an RPG.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:21:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Just leave these guys alone...

Looking at their faces, it's hard not to see the connection to humans. Looking at his body is like looking in a mirror
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:22:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn, feel bad for him, he’s just trying to defend his home

Those guys were getting wayyyy too close, they’re lucky he didn’t rip one of their arms off and beat them to death with it. A pissed off and confused primate is dangerous.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:28:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://i.imgflip.com/1tn2xe.jpg

Looking at their faces, it's hard not to see the connection to humans. Looking at his body is like looking in a mirror
View Quote
Severe case of "dickeydo".

Belly sticks out more than his dickey do.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:38:12 AM EDT
[#6]
And least they aren't being shaved and raped.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:40:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Damn, feel bad for him, he’s just trying to defend his home

Those guys were getting wayyyy too close, they’re lucky he didn’t rip one of their arms off and beat them to death with it. A pissed off and confused primate is dangerous.
View Quote
Orangutans aren't chimpanzees, they're very peaceful and laid back compared to them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:41:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Right turn, Clyde.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:43:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn that sucks... The only home they've known....
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:47:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Give that orang' an RPG.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:48:09 AM EDT
[#11]
He didn't want to sell out for those 14 bananas so they got him with Eminent Domain instead.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:55:41 AM EDT
[#12]
It's sad.  Happens here, too.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/IiUMTSWsZfw[/youtube]
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:58:37 AM EDT
[#13]
That’s pretty sad, poor guy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:01:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That’s pretty sad, poor guy.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:08:21 AM EDT
[#15]
How dare people in the third world plant crops!  They are supposed to live in abject poverty and enjoy it for the sake of the planet.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:23:55 AM EDT
[#16]
David Attenborough is a faggot that uses monkeys to justify making the british pay ten bucks a gallon for gas and pay half their income to the state.

If he wants to save the world from us consumers maybe he should tell the inbreds in his social strata to stop brining third worlders to the first world where they will consume ten thousand times the resources they would have if they had stayed where they were.

Fucking hypocrite bitch... oh, and fuck that monkey.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:27:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
David Attenborough is a faggot that uses monkeys to justify making the british pay ten bucks a gallon for gas and pay half their income to the state.

If he wants to save the world from us consumers maybe he should tell the inbreds in his social strata to stop brining third worlders to the first world where they will consume ten thousand times the resources they would have if they had stayed where they were.

View Quote
Fascinating point.   I've never done the math on immigration and resultant increased first world consumption.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:51:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Hippie tears.  Delicious.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 3:06:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
How dare people in the third world plant crops!  They are supposed to live in abject poverty and enjoy it for the sake of the planet.

Mike
View Quote
And the problem is they're planting trees for palm oil. Out of all the oils, palm oil requires the least amount of footprint/resources/pesticides, etc..

So if morons watch a video like this and think "I'm going to boycott palm oil," it will only create a worse issue because countries will resort to other oils which cause greater deforestation.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 3:09:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is that you Pa? I thought you was dead....
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 3:15:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Mike
View Quote
Yep because heavy deforestation is the only way to grow GDP
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 3:29:01 AM EDT
[#22]
The comments on that video are fucking retarded.

Are people really that stupid now?

What happened?
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 3:29:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Who the fuck are you to decide what the best way for them to improve their lives is?
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 5:52:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
This

Wish the ‘tang is would have ripped their spines out
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 5:55:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Who the fuck are you to decide what the best way for them to improve their lives is?
View Quote
Considering how badly they've fucked up their country, probably somebody with more sense?
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 6:31:37 AM EDT
[#26]
And yet  abortions are legal............
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 6:33:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Moral of the story?

Don't bring an orangutan to a bulldozer fight.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 6:45:04 AM EDT
[#28]
I wonder what Orangutan tastes like?
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 6:47:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Moral of the story?

Don't bring an orangutan to a bulldozer fight.
View Quote
Unless you're able to lock it in the cab with the driver.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 6:50:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I wonder what Orangutan tastes like?
View Quote
Ebola?
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 6:55:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Not really our fault that the monkey isn't smart enough to build a machine to do battle will our machine.

Maybe if the fucking thing stopped scratching its ass and actually applied itself it wouldn't be losing its habitat.

Dumbass.

ETA: That video is the perfect allegory for gentrification and urban renewal.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 6:56:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Dumb monkey
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 7:00:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Thats wild. Hes got some balls taking on a giant machine.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 7:04:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Maybe for you.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 7:05:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Sir David Attenborough's life style isn't going to change though...
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 7:07:41 AM EDT
[#36]
It’s an excavator, not a bulldozer
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 7:08:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Mike
View Quote
Plantations for palm oil are owned by foreign interests. Nestle chief among them. Think rubber plantations in Viet Nam
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 7:09:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Let_them_fight.jpg
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 7:10:34 AM EDT
[#39]
If only the monkey had developed a rocket launcher. He has had millions of years and he has failed to improve his life. Whatever happens he should not take blankets from Spanish explorers.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 7:12:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Oh look boys and girls... propaganda.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 7:13:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Just wait until someone hacks a self-driving car or farm implement.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 7:16:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Plantations for palm oil are owned by foreign interests. Nestle chief among them. Think rubber plantations in Viet Nam
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike
Nah man, surely its the third world finally figuring it out on their own and expressing their right to self determination.

No way some local governor sort got paid off to allow this to happen. Doesn't happen.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 7:20:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
I never cared for third worlders, too tough.  Maybe I'll try brining them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 7:22:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Twelve ribs my ass!
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 7:25:19 AM EDT
[#45]
The older I get, the less I care about palm oil, and the more I value the natural world. There is a point where more progress and less wilderness is a very, very bad thing.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 7:29:44 AM EDT
[#46]
I’m not bothered at all.

The folks running the equipment need jobs and the orangutan wasn’t exactly helping the GDP
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 7:45:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
And the demand for palm oil is due to carbon regulations pushed by Europe.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 7:48:46 AM EDT
[#48]
I actually learned something watching Will Smiths documentary, I was surprised that it wasn’t all doom and gloom. Actually said that the rain forest doesn’t contribute air to surrounding areas. There’s so much life it all gets used. We get most of our oxygen from the ocean blooms of phytoplankton.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 7:55:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Man, you’d think swinging around in trees all day would develop your upper body better.

I read the article, refuse to watch the video... did they say where this was? Somewhere on Borneo, I presume? Are there even orangutans left elsewhere?
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:01:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Why don’t they just let the orangutans emigrate to London or MSP?

Give them a flat and a welfare card.    Win/win for everybody.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top