Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:12:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Gross. I won't be getting another one if they look like that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No it's a shit design to not have an engine oil dipstick, and relying on BMW sensors...

View Quote

Thank you, I see morons, lots of morons.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I gotz nuffin...

All I can say is my E39 will probably be the last BMW I buy.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#4]
They should go back to the chrome bumpers
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#5]
That would be fun to own
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:21:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Dat "driving experience" doe

Nothing like a 17-speed automatic transmission with a heavily turbocharged four-banger that pipes fake engine noises through the speaker...
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:24:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have never owned a BMW, but I can appreciate the engine, suspension and design of the car..the X series SUV look really cool and all the M series cars are pretty badass.

But that front end, if not Photochopped, looks fucking stupid. Eclipsing the last horrible design idea from BMW Motorrad, the S1000rr headlights.

http://images2.revzilla.com/product_images/0100/6850/hotbodies_racing_headlight_cover_bmws1000_rr20102014_smoke.jpg
View Quote

I kinda like the asymmetrical design of the S1k and the R-GS. Wish they would have done something like that with the new S1k.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Dodge did it way back, then Mazda, then Infinity.  This too shall pass.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Shhhh not so loud y'all, it can smell you
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#10]
A photo where you can actually see what it looks like would have helped.

Link Posted: 6/6/2020 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I just returned the first BMW I owned (wife's don't count).  2017 540i with M sport package.  OK, I only drove it 24000 miles in the 3 years I had it.  it was flawless and the engine in that thing is a marvel.  Zero complaints with it except stuff that isn't the fault of BMW.  As in I wanted an SUV cause my knees suck and getting out sucked.  And the trunk was a bit small but I shoulda seen that.  Otherwise - yeah baby.  Fast as shit and handled great.  Oh well also run flat tires blow.  Mine was similar to this one:

Looking at that picture I'm not sure I could get over that.  In my recent research the X5 was a contender.  A leading contender until I just decided even though it's over priced what I really wanted was this:

With a front end like this:

And yes, they are overpriced.  But they is nice.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 10:37:09 AM EDT
[#12]
That grille looks like it could suck in a lot of air.
Almost like a scoop.

VW - It sucks in air - Unpimp your Auto beste Werbung

Link Posted: 6/6/2020 10:54:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No it's a shit design to not have an engine oil dipstick, and relying on BMW sensors...

View Quote

Oh..ok.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thank you, I see morons, lots of morons.
View Quote
He probably won't buy one now that he found out it doesn't have a dipstick.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
BMW owners when new models come out: This is hideous. What happened to my favorite car.

BMW owners after they still buy it: This is the best BMW ever made.

BMW owners after 3 years of ownership: Well the engine blew up after 50k miles and every single electronic in the cabin failed twice, but it was such a great car. Better go look at the new one so I can get my money's worth again.

Repeat cycle.
View Quote

So true.  That and the fanbois have been bitching about the kidney design for 25 years now
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 4:27:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Evidence that BMW can decide to walk-back it's not-so-great design decisions:

https://gearpatrol.com/2020/06/06/bmw-fixing-fake-engine-sound/
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top