Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1712
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 11:30:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Busted_Flush:
I've been lurking this thread since the beginning and just soaking up as much knowledge as possible...

I tend to be a dividend and value investor, this is a different universe and I'm pulling for you all. Hope MVIS can get through today and regain compliance without the R/S... and @IceStationZebra, you are on another level.

See you all on the other side
View Quote

Because of this thread, some of the guys in it will be legendary in one way or another.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#2]
The close on MVIS will be interesting today.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 12:52:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uglygun] [#3]

So what is the feeling of a giant push to try to make the stock go below 1.00 before close?

Or are we looking at a very real shot of people climbing on board after making compliance?

I get the possibility of a reverse split.   But trying to get a feel for what others with a bit more experience are hoping for.

/edit

Looked at my etrade notifications.   I signed up back on April 14 when this thread was starting to pop up.

Then EVERY single night I would get home and forget about it.   Forget to link an account for funds transfer.  Back then I was willing to toss around 1000-1500 in to maybe play with 500 dollar chunks in 2-3 of the stocks in this thread.    But yeah that time has passed.

Now I might play with 500 max while expecting it to disappear like in the South Park "aaaaaand it's GONE".
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 1:09:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: snakes19] [#4]
MVIS has been hanging right around 1.10-1.11 all day, very little movement. It is only at about 12% average daily volume though
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 1:11:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dle1424] [#5]
MVIS has been standing strong so far.  everything else on the market has been in the red.

ETA:  has any social justice warriors gone big on UONE ?  
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#6]
In for 600 more of MVIS
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 1:48:02 PM EDT
[#7]
check out the volume chart....almost every hour on the minute  
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By uglygun:

So what is the feeling of a giant push to try to make the stock go below 1.00 before close?

Or are we looking at a very real shot of people climbing on board after making compliance?

I get the possibility of a reverse split.   But trying to get a feel for what others with a bit more experience are hoping for.

/edit

Looked at my etrade notifications.   I signed up back on April 14 when this thread was starting to pop up.

Then EVERY single night I would get home and forget about it.   Forget to link an account for funds transfer.  Back then I was willing to toss around 1000-1500 in to maybe play with 500 dollar chunks in 2-3 of the stocks in this thread.    But yeah that time has passed.

Now I might play with 500 max while expecting it to disappear like in the South Park "aaaaaand it's GONE".
View Quote

If I was a short, and there appear to be LOTS, I'd not want MVIS back in compliance, that would be a positive perception and likely cause a rise in stock.

Forcing a reverse split would be a negative perception, and likely cause a drop in price.

It would seem to be that the shorts have a huge risk if it makes compliance, and much interest in preventing that.

IF we make compliance, then yeah, I see a bump in price.  So, today may be *the* day to buy
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By uglygun:

View Quote

My understanding was that the reverse split was going to happen if they couldn't keep the stock above a dollar, so they could get compliant. I don't think there will be a reason for a reverse split if we stay above a dollar today. I could be wrong though.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#10]
That calm before the storm?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 2:30:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bobbybananas] [#11]
SEC halted trading on Hertz stock as of a couple hrs ago. I assume it’s in regards to all those crazy gamblers riding that dead company up a few hundred percent the other day.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hertz-stock-halted-for-pending-news-as-sec-has-concerns-about-stock-sale-2020-06-17
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Bobbybananas:
SEC halted trading on Hertz stock as of a couple hrs ago. I assume it’s in regards to all those crazy gamblers riding that dead company up a few hundred percent the other day.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hertz-stock-halted-for-pending-news-as-sec-has-concerns-about-stock-sale-2020-06-17
View Quote

I bought a bunch of puts yesterday. Closed them right away this morning. Glad I did. It rocketed it from crazy people.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:01:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

I bought a bunch of puts yesterday. Closed them right away this morning. Glad I did. It rocketed it from crazy people.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KaiK:
Originally Posted By Bobbybananas:

i saw some shit about hertz getting bought by a competitor.  how likely is that?  aren't all of the car rental companies down in the dumps?  CV19 has hurt the entire auto rental market.  what company has the cash to buy HTZ?
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By dle1424:

i saw some shit about hertz getting bought by a competitor.  how likely is that?  aren't all of the car rental companies down in the dumps?  CV19 has hurt the entire auto rental market.  what company has the cash to buy HTZ?
View Quote

Probably none of them.

They froze the stock because crazy people are buying worthless stock.

And here I'll help out a little for the push to compliance.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:26:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#15]
Figures.  Been bouncing between 1.10 and 1.11 all day.  I put in a buy order for 1.10 while its at 1.10.  Nothing happens.  Look again, and it's at 1.15.  I was seconds too late.  All because of a stupid phone call.  

ETA:  I did go ahead and buy at 1.14.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
Figures.  Been bouncing between 1.10 and 1.11 all day.  I put in a buy order for 1.10 while its at 1.10.  Nothing happens.  Look again, and it's at 1.15.  
View Quote

That's the polar opposite of what I (and others) expected.  1.17 now.  Glad I fat-fingered my 1.01 buy this morning as 1.1 and got something today.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#17]
MVIS Climbing around $1.18 The game has begun.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:32:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Tango:
MVIS Climbing around $1.18 The game has begun.
View Quote

Are they trying to trigger people to sell and take profit?  1.22?  like, what?
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#19]
MVIS - 1.21...I guess that's a compliance bump?
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:34:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#21]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

View Quote

Well, I had an open sell order at 1.21 that I'd forgotten about.  It just fired.  I bought and sold in minutes.    Made a quick $60 though.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Interesting stuff
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

View Quote

Hadn't considered that.  Buy, spike the price, trigger sell orders, then dump.  

Don't know if that's what's happening though.  I bought because I figured compliance was likely, resulting in a boost for the price.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Just sold some at $1.21.  Going to wait it out a bit to see what it does at the end of the day.

Anyone else think that GNUS might be a good longer term buy at current level?
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:38:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#25]
Seems to be hovering around 1.20 now.

ETA: Ten minutes to go....
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Bought another few hundred shares. Did my part!
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:58:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Just bought 6667 shares at 1.20
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:59:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Damn, my stomach is in knots. Not chasing the price, but kind of bummed my 20K looks like it won't fill.

Muffy karma is best karma, though
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 4:00:02 PM EDT
[#29]
COMPLIANCE!!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 4:00:53 PM EDT
[#30]
BOOM!  
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 4:01:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Woop!
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 4:02:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By StevesZZ5:
Just bought 6667 shares at 1.20
View Quote

I bought 4,000 shares at 1.14.
Accidentally sold 1000 at 1.21.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#33]
I might regret it if the price falls, but I sold most of my smaller random stocks and bought another 3000 at 1.10 right before it shot up. Got lucky on that timing!
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 4:03:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

I bought 4,000 shares at 1.14.
Accidentally sold 1000 at 1.21.  
View Quote

You made some money...and you might MAKE some money!!!  win/win, hopefully!
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By StevesZZ5:

You made some money...and you might MAKE some money!!!  win/win, hopefully!
View Quote

Fingers crossed...
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Damn, my stomach is in knots. Not chasing the price, but kind of bummed my 20K looks like it won't fill.

Muffy karma is best karma, though
View Quote

With so much of the retail folks trying to bouy the price it may slide back tomorrow as they run out of ammo until the press releases hit in a few days.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#37]
I had a sell order in at $1.35. Hey you cant blame me lol.  I thought damn this might go postal back and forth.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 4:07:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By stillerfan:

With so much of the retail folks trying to bouy the price it may slide back tomorrow as they run out of ammo until the press releases hit in a few days.
View Quote

I'm cool with a bit of an initial slide, because we dropped a little anchor today.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 4:08:38 PM EDT
[#39]

i was just going to post about GNUS.  what do you all think is the bottom on that thing?  i dont think it gets into the 2's but i could be wrong.
View Quote

Bottom of GNUS is probably around where it started. The run up was caused by the hype from the Kartoon Channel.

They launched that Monday, and it's just slid down ever since because the hype is dead.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 4:31:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 4:33:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m6z] [#41]
https://www.benzinga.com/markets/penny-stocks/20/06/16264136/could-schwarzenegger-have-the-oprah-effect-on-genius-brands

I can hope.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#42]
It was the 200 I bought to get me up to 2,500 shares.  You're welcome
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By M82Assault:

Bottom of GNUS is probably around where it started. The run up was caused by the hype from the Kartoon Channel.

They launched that Monday, and it's just slid down ever since because the hype is dead.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M82Assault:

i was just going to post about GNUS.  what do you all think is the bottom on that thing?  i dont think it gets into the 2's but i could be wrong.

Yeah GNUS has spanked me badly.  I'm ashamed.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Busted_Flush:
I've been lurking this thread since the beginning and just soaking up as much knowledge as possible...

I tend to be a dividend and value investor, this is a different universe and I'm pulling for you all. Hope MVIS can get through today and regain compliance without the R/S... and @IceStationZebra, you are on another level.

See you all on the other side
View Quote

I'm going to be legendary one way or another...either a legend or cautionary tale.

I'm thinking of dumping GNUS for a loss from my brokerage account because I have such a high basis.  Thinking of just buying more MVIS.

I think GNUS is a great long term hold but i miss the adrenaline of what MVIS gave me.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 7:07:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: colt_thompson] [#45]
Originally Posted By IceStationZebra:

I'm going to be legendary one way or another...either a legend or cautionary tale.

I'm thinking of dumping GNUS for a loss from my brokerage account because I have such a high basis.  Thinking of just buying more MVIS.

I think GNUS is a great long term hold but i miss the adrenaline of what MVIS gave me.
View Quote

Idex was good to me yesterday. Might have legs still
Nbrv gets FDA evaluation Friday. I have a sell at 1.20
There's been a lot of recent activity in minority owned companies. Look at uone and carv.  
I'm watching ams and byfc for that reason alone
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#46]
something woke VISL up today
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:23:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: colt_thompson] [#47]
Originally Posted By rollin-tumblin:
something woke VISL up today
View Quote

I've been trading that up a nickle at a time
Just bought at .87 and sold at .92
It's getting top heavy
Time for a new trade
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By IceStationZebra:

View Quote

There's apt to be a long, dull stretch here with very little price movement except a gentle drift down into the $0.93 cent range. At least...that's the historical model (the last re-certification was Feb 2019). Good for me, I'm still sitting on the powder I held in reserve for the compliance fight, and I'm looking for sub-dollar shares.

That's really an apples-to-oranges comparison, though. At the last re-cert, MVIS hosted the "back in business" flag and went straight back to puttering in their lab. This is more akin to holding a benign looking, but volatile, explosive. I'd guess there won't be any updates except for the mandatory quarterly, where they'll announce the revenue numbers (from the Hololens ramp up, might get a decent surprise), take two questions they'll remain absolutely noncommittal on and then shut it down. The only two real hard twists I can imagine are 1) a surprise announcement of a vertical sale...which will really put a fly in the ointment, and/or 2) a real surprise announcement of Amazon back at the table and ready to go forward with the I-D smart speaker, possibly as a partner(?). That would really confuse the situation...but also seems like a very real possibility with Covid ramping down and business lifting the rock they've been under and looking around for snacks.

Almost everyone wants the full sale for full value, and that appears to be what SS committed to, only I still don't really believe him. That probability is out there, but why the "by year's end" disclaimer? Were they just giving themselves leeway, or is that their expectation? The shorts are nothing if not incredibly persistent. They will chew like little rats, and it's stockholder equity they're eating.

If I didn't believe this won't pay, I wouldn't be upping my stake, but I'm a very patient investor. It will, however, quickly glaze over the eyes of the 'twits and the 'hoods who are always looking for that next big thing. When they move on the balloon will deflate down. Whatever is in store, my big hope right now is it doesn't take to November to get there.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:32:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#49]
Why is Kroger falling?
Would you talk me out of buying some today?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Mvis is making a run today
Page / 1712
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top