User Panel

Page / 1712
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 6:37:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevesZZ5] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:

I have a lot fewer shares than you but I bought another 500 at$1 even
View Quote

Your previous approach that we posted about earlier was close to mine.  Perhaps for different reasons or theories, but our buy and sell price was close.

So am I guessing you were sitting there like I was, and said “screw it” and hit the buy button?

How are you feeling?  Going to hold or play with those you just bought?

I can hardly wait for the OP to make the word of the day “Hold ‘em”.  I hope that day comes.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

Beers on me then
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#3]

To the moon.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By StevesZZ5:

Your previous approach that we posted about earlier was close to mine.  Perhaps for different reasons or theories, but our buy and sell price was close.

So am I guessing you were sitting there like I was, and said “screw it” and hit the buy button?

How are you feeling?  Going to hold or play with those you just bought?

I can hardly wait for the OP to make the word of the day “Hold ‘em”.  I hope that day comes.
View Quote

I'm going to hold a core block and continue to day trade the rest. This is just my play account that holds very few long positions. I close most everything every day
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#5]

The after hours on that is amazing. I closed out my final at $3.45 or so and my lowest buy in was $1.56. Not even mad
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#6]

The after hours on that is amazing. I closed out my final at $3.45 or so and my lowest buy in was $1.56. Not even mad
View Quote

Lol. I saw it hit 1.25 and didn't buy it. Was like this thing looks like it has legs. Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:19:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry it was at lower and all my buying power was messed up because leveraged ETFs. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

Lol. I saw it hit 1.25 and didn't buy it. Was like this thing looks like it has legs. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/173565/Screenshot_20200519-180652_thinkorswim_j-1424103.JPG

View Quote

Damn, I just threw the little money I had in my account at it when it was at $3.34, only got 20 share  Guess it will pay for dinner tomorrow
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:49:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#9]

Im a long.  But then I’m sitting there around 3pm wondering if I didn’t fuck up by buying in at that high of a price.

Go long!
View Quote

This is going to come across as pumping, but I laughed at the "that high of a price" part. Not my math, but a respected poster on Reddit put together the back-of-napkin figures below. I'm thinking hard about doubling my core holding after seeing that new MSFT video and the WALL of corporate Hololens partners...

When the Hololens consumer version is released this has the potential to go supernova.

"BTW, if MSFT sells 20M units a year and MVIS get $20 royalty per Hololens, that's $400,000,000 in royalties per year. At 100% margin. That's approx. $2.50 earnings per share, or a share price of $75 at a P/E of 30.

At $20 per eye, that $800,000,000 in royalties and a share price of $150

What timing. May 19. Maybe this is why MVIS wanted the additional shares.

Are we sure we want to sell?"
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:54:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevesZZ5] [#10]
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:01:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#11]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

This is going to come across as pumping, but I laughed at the "that high of a price" part. Not my math, but a respected poster on Reddit put together the back-of-napkin figures below. I'm thinking hard about doubling my core holding after seeing that new MSFT video and the WALL of corporate Hololens partners... 

When the Hololens consumer version is released this has the potential to go supernova.

"BTW, if MSFT sells 20M units a year and MVIS get $20 royalty per Hololens, that's $400,000,000 in royalties per year. At 100% margin. That's approx. $2.50 earnings per share, or a share price of $75 at a P/E of 30.

At $20 per eye, that $800,000,000 in royalties and a share price of $150

What timing. May 19. Maybe this is why MVIS wanted the additional shares.

Are we sure we want to sell?"
View Quote

If the MVIS chip is in there, MS might fuck them.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:06:23 PM EDT
[#12]

If the MVIS chip is in there, MS might fuck them.  
View Quote

Kaik, you are kidding, right? Right? There is no "if" anymore.

If you haven't seen the teardown video, it started a furor. There are two Microvision projectors in each Hololens, with the supporting MEMS. At the ASM today, the CEO of Microvision was asked about the video. He said, "Yep, those are our parts. Can't comment further."
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Figured I'd FOMO on NNDM. Just through a limit buy for $5 for 15 whole shares. Only had $75 free in my account.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:07:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry it was at lower and all my buying power was messed up because leveraged ETFs. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/173565/Screenshot_20200519-181646_thinkorswim_j-1424118.JPG
View Quote

I would like to buy but I am late to this party and not comfortable at all that profit takers won't hammer the ever living shit out of NNDM in the very near future. Maybe I will see a buy in point that I like... but I doubt it. Oh well, can't grab every winner.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:26:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#15]

Kaik, you are kidding, right? Right? There is no "if" anymore.

If you haven't seen the teardown video, it started a furor. There are two Microvision projectors in each Hololens, with the supporting MEMS. At the ASM today, the CEO of Microvision was asked about the video. He said, "Yep, those are our parts. Can't comment further."
View Quote

Was it a prototype or full production model?

I've seen the Bill Gates documentary. Microsoft isn't above screwing people.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:33:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevesZZ5] [#16]
Production model XR10 which is industrial-use in the realm of $7k.  These are used in the field I work in.  Refining.

A Reddit user bought one and tore it down.

Posted the video yesterday, and it was brought up today in the shareholder meeting because MVIS is no longer held back by an NDA preventing them from disclosing that yes indeed there are Microvision parts in HoloLens2.

And now commercials from HoloLens are popping up, along with the news links I posted above.

Tomorrow is going to be fucking awesome.

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Production model in the realm of $7k.

A Reddit user bought one and tore it down. 

Posted the video yesterday, and it was brought up today in the shareholder meeting because MVIS is no longer held back by an NDA preventing them from disclosing that yes indeed there are Microvision parts in HoloLens2.

And now commercials from HoloLens are popping up, along with the news links I posted above.

Tomorrow is going to be fucking awesome.

View Quote

I hope you guys make a killing if so.

Hope Microsoft didn't do the math on stealing the tech having it made in China and just waiting for MVIS to bankrupt while dragging the lawsuit out.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:46:09 PM EDT
[#18]

I hope you guys make a killing if so. 

Hope Microsoft didn't do the math on stealing the tech having it made in China and just waiting for MVIS to bankrupt while dragging the lawsuit out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Production model in the realm of $7k.

A Reddit user bought one and tore it down. 

Posted the video yesterday, and it was brought up today in the shareholder meeting because MVIS is no longer held back by an NDA preventing them from disclosing that yes indeed there are Microvision parts in HoloLens2.

And now commercials from HoloLens are popping up, along with the news links I posted above.

Tomorrow is going to be fucking awesome.

I hope you guys make a killing if so. 

Hope Microsoft didn't do the math on stealing the tech having it made in China and just waiting for MVIS to bankrupt while dragging the lawsuit out.

Thank you, I hope so too.

And holy shit, they keep dropping ads and vids on HoloLens2.

This one came out today, too.  Something big is up.
https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-hololens-2-more-markets-2020?amp&utm_source=wc_tw&utm_medium=tw_card&utm_content=77651&utm_campaign=social&__twitter_impression=true
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:49:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Thank you, I hope so too.

And holy shit, they keep dropping ads and vids on HoloLens2.

This one came out today, too.  Something big is up.
https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-hololens-2-more-markets-2020?amp&utm_source=wc_tw&utm_medium=tw_card&utm_content=77651&utm_campaign=social&__twitter_impression=true
View Quote

Seems cool. Tomorrow should be interesting. I have lots of buying power for tomorrow if it takes off.

Attachment Attached File

Oof.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#20]

This is going to come across as pumping, but I laughed at the "that high of a price" part. Not my math, but a respected poster on Reddit put together the back-of-napkin figures below. I'm thinking hard about doubling my core holding after seeing that new MSFT video and the WALL of corporate Hololens partners... 

When the Hololens consumer version is released this has the potential to go supernova.

"BTW, if MSFT sells 20M units a year and MVIS get $20 royalty per Hololens, that's $400,000,000 in royalties per year. At 100% margin. That's approx. $2.50 earnings per share, or a share price of $75 at a P/E of 30.

At $20 per eye, that $800,000,000 in royalties and a share price of $150

What timing. May 19. Maybe this is why MVIS wanted the additional shares.

Are we sure we want to sell?"
View Quote

Interesting but is it realistic?  Why would Microsoft pay half to three quarters of a billion in annual royalties if they could buy the company fir 2-3 billion? Also why is mvis worth the same PE (30) as Microsoft? I'm not denying there's upside but I don't see $75
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Interesting but is it realistic?  Why would Microsoft pay half to three quarters of a billion in annual royalties if they could buy the company fir 2-3 billion? Also why is mvis worth the same PE (30) as Microsoft? I'm not denying there's upside but I don't see $75 
View Quote

That's a good point, a 30 P/E for MVIS isn't realistic, but then again they don't intend to remain in business. Each billion in sales price yields about $7.43 per share at current SP levels (actually, percentage wise it stays the same after an R/S, just the number changes). Two billion is $15 per share, three billion and you're at $22.5 per share. On a dollar investment.

At three billion I'd make $450,000 mixed LTCG/STCG right now...and I'm seriously thinking about doubling my core holding. I don't need more money, I just don't want my wife raising hell when I trade my '11 BMW Z4 35is for a new 911 Carrera 4S.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:04:19 PM EDT
[#22]

That's a good point, a 30 P/E for MVIS isn't realistic, but then again they don't intend to remain in business. Each billion in sales price yields about $7.43 per share at current SP levels (actually, percentage wise it stays the same after an R/S, just the number changes). Two billion is $15 per share, three billion and you're at $22.5 per share. On a dollar investment. 

At three billion I'd make $450,000 mixed LTCG/STCG right now...and I'm seriously thinking about doubling my core holding. I don't need more money, I just don't want my wife raising hell when I trade my '11 BMW Z4 35is for a new 911 Carrera 4S.
View Quote

Can Microsoft acquire enough stock on the open market that they can then gain a seat(s) on the board of directors? Then they could push for a sale of the technology versus the company
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:07:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevesZZ5] [#23]
I’d be at $240,000.00 after capital gains.

I’d sell my ‘04 330xi.   Nah, I’d sell it to my 9 year old son.  I put 175 shares of MVIS in his UTMA.  It can sit in the garage for the next 9 years and I’d give him a smoking deal on it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#24]
I’d be at $240,000.00 after capital gains.

I’d sell my ‘04 330xi.   Nah, I’d sell it to my 9 year old son.  I put 175 shares of MVIS in his UTMA.  It can sit in the garage for the next 9 years and I’d give him a smoking deal on it.
View Quote

I put 75 shares in my 14 year old daughters UTMA at .82
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#25]
On a related note, has anyone seen a 911 in Adventurine Green Metallic? Green's my favorite color, and I don't want one of the shouty pastels that are in vogue now, but it's awfully hard to tell from photos how that color translates in real life.

Hated the Tacoma's in whatever they're calling their mil green in pics. Saw one in the dealership, and it was very nice.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#26]
On a related note, has anyone seen a 911 in Adventurine Green Metallic? Green's my favorite color, and I don't want one of the shouty pastels that are in vogue now, but it's awfully hard to tell from photos how that color translates in real life.

Hated the Tacoma's in whatever they're calling their mil green in pics. Saw one in the dealership, and it was very nice.
View Quote

So how much will my little 130 shares make? 🤣
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Sparky:

So how much will my little 130 shares make? 🤣
View Quote

Well, they'll make for a great story...
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:20:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Im actually surprised MVIS isn't up more after-hours then it is.

Then again NNDM is spoiling us
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:32:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By NIevo:
Im actually surprised MVIS isn't up more after-hours then it is.

Then again NNDM is spoiling us
View Quote

I need to open low. I'm doubling my position tomorrow. Just finished the Reddit threads.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:35:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Layer60] [#30]

I need to open low. I'm doubling my position tomorrow. Just finished the Reddit threads.
View All Quotes
Im actually surprised MVIS isn't up more after-hours then it is.

Then again NNDM is spoiling us

I need to open low. I'm doubling my position tomorrow. Just finished the Reddit threads.

I have a fairly large buy poised for .85 but I doubt I will see it execute. Meanwhile, I have been dollar averaging on EQM and I plan to keep adding shares.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Is anyone going to be shorting Dow Chemicals (DOW) on Wed morning considering their Midland Michigan location is suffering due to multiple dam collapses in the past few hours?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/BREAKING-Dam-breaking-near-Midland-MI-update-now-2-dams-gone--and-a-bridge--another-dam-/5-2329845/?page=1
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:37:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Do you think we could actually see those type of buyout numbers?
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:43:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By sharkey762:
Do you think we could actually see those type of buyout numbers? 
View Quote

Personally, I do not.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:49:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Layer60:

I have a fairly large buy poised for .85 but I doubt I will see it execute. Meanwhile, I have been dollar averaging on EQM and I plan to keep adding shares.
View Quote

Why EQM?

Doubt we will see .85 but good luck
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:35:02 AM EDT
[#35]
When things open up this morning I'm going to roll the dice and double my shares if it's not too high.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:36:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By sharkey762:
Do you think we could actually see those type of buyout numbers? 
View Quote

I could see Microsoft tendering an offer between $3-$5.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:42:23 AM EDT
[#37]

Why EQM?

Doubt we will see .85 but good luck
View Quote

EQM consistently pays very high dividends and blew out the earnings estimates, despite the downturn and low oil prices (which people mistakenly thought would have a big effect on them - it doesn't).

If you buy and hold, the stock effectively sits there and prints money; roughly 10% a year return.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:56:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StevesZZ5] [#38]
Here’s a question about buyouts, mergers, etc.

If Company A is bought out by Company B, how is it distributed to shareholders?

So in the merger of the company I worked for, we got one share of Company B shares for every two of our (Company A) shares.  I’m guessing that would be the same for  MVIS...a ratio of both companies shares, say .125 to 1 (MVIS to MSFT) for example?

And is a buyout the same as a merger?

If they just buy a portion on MVIS, what happens?  Is that what’s referred to when there’s talk about a buying company’s interest in “verticals”?

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:05:33 AM EDT
[#39]
storms took out the power last night.

i wanted to ask...  the reverse split is approved.  does that mean 1:5 or 1:10 ?  how does that affect any buyout price, since the float will be smaller?

thanks for all the posters in this thread.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:10:38 AM EDT
[#40]
The reverse split is on the table as an option.

If this stays listed (above a buck for ten days I believe), there is no reason to do the split.

There’s an august deadline.

Somebody more knowledgeable will be able to provide details.

I doubt there will be any issue what so ever from this point out maintaining a listing.  Yesterday’s news was just too big.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:11:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: colt_thompson] [#41]
Here’s a question about buyouts, mergers, etc.

If Company A is bought out by Company B, how is it distributed to shareholders?

So in the merger of the company I worked for, we got one share of Company B shares for every two of our (Company A) shares.  I’m guessing that would be the same for  MVIS...a ratio of both companies shares, say .125 to 1 (MVIS to MSFT) for example?

And is a buyout the same as a merger?

If they just buy a portion on MVIS, what happens?  Is that what’s referred to when there’s talk about a buying company’s interest in “verticals”?

View Quote

Buyouts/mergers can be cash, stock or a mixture of the two. If only a portion of the company was bought, the executives determine what to do with the proceeds.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:15:01 AM EDT
[#42]

Buyouts/mergers can be cash, stock or a mixture of the two. If only a portion of the company was bought, the executives determine what to do with the proceeds.
View Quote

Thank you.

I’d love it if it were in stock.  I’d hold for the year to avoid long term capital gains.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:27:26 AM EDT
[#43]
The reverse split is on the table as an option.

If this stays listed (above a buck for ten days I believe), there is no reason to do the split.

There’s an august deadline.

Somebody more knowledgeable will be able to provide details.

I doubt there will be any issue what so ever from this point out maintaining a listing.  Yesterday’s news was just too big.
View Quote

thanks for the feedback.  might get back in this morn.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:58:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Question. RMBL after the split is no longer supported for trading on Webull, but I had a few hundred dollars in it and now I seem to not be able to figure out how to dump that stock?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#45]

Seems cool. Tomorrow should be interesting. I have lots of buying power for tomorrow if it takes off. 

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/173565/Screenshot_20200519-194752_Messenger_jpg-1424257.JPG
Oof. 
View Quote

It just took a little bit of a dip....
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Hamiltbl2:

It just took a little bit of a dip....
View Quote

Only 50%. Tis but a scratch
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By FDrifting:
Question. RMBL after the split is no longer supported for trading on Webull, but I had a few hundred dollars in it and now I seem to not be able to figure out how to dump that stock?
View Quote
Nvm it's able to trade again. That was fucking weird.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:08:33 AM EDT
[#48]
KTOV could be good today and hopefully IBIO
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:11:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Be wary of NNDM.  They just did an offering.  It's way down.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By FDrifting:
Nvm it's able to trade again. That was fucking weird.
View All Quotes
Question. RMBL after the split is no longer supported for trading on Webull, but I had a few hundred dollars in it and now I seem to not be able to figure out how to dump that stock?
Nvm it's able to trade again. That was fucking weird.

There is something weird going on with my Robinhood list this morning:

RumbleOn

$8.62
+$8.14 (+1,684.68%) Pre-Market
Page / 1712
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top