Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1712
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tango:

Thats how I understand it. Power struggle at the close.
View Quote

Yep, longs will throw up big blocks at just over $1.00 the shorts have to chew through, and the shorts will dump big blocks to try and take it under $1.00 and keep it there. With the trading range so narrow, the odds of MVIS making it through ten consecutive days aren't great.  Thing is, we have almost three months to hit that ten day streak.

A solid MVIS announcement on the state of negotiations will push it up high enough to make this irrelevant. Or the I-D customer (cough - Amazon - cough) back at the table. Possibly even an acknowledgement from MFST, the arrogant pricks.

Important part is the R/S authorization. Sharma can invoke it just prior to delisting, and the whole argument becomes moot. Problem is, it has to be done close enough to a sale/merge announcement to keep the short maggots from killing investor equity in the short term. Easy, right?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:27:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Question for those in the know. If MVIS has 140 million shares at $1 +/- each, why cant Microsoft, Apple, etc just buy them on the open market
and take control that way? I understand supply and demand so the more shares off market (being held) the higher the price would go. Seems like a
major player only needs 51% and then they take control by putting their own people on the board. I'd think 500 million would do that easily
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#3]
One other point about the de-listment battle. Last time someone used two, million block dumps to break the streak. Multiple people (including me) filed SEC complaints that probably went into the circular file.

With the Hololens tear-down, and unassailable proof MVIS is in IVAS, this complaint is going to my senators, the WA State senators, DARPA and the House Armed Services Committee, because someone is trying to bankrupt a critical supplier involved in an advanced technology contract to the US military. It's not trading, it's manipulation writ large. I may add Tucker Carlson and Rantingly to that list.

FTC has an ongoing investigation into predatory acquisition, this might just light the fuse.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:32:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Layer60] [#4]
Originally Posted By StevesZZ5:
No mention, just speculation.

It looks like the jig was up for Microsoft months ago because of the prototype HoloLens IIRC.  There were photos floating around, and to me they didn’t look fabricated.  The internet sleuths ran with it from there, then there were the subtle mentions and/or denials from both companies that threw flags up to the community.  The Craig-Hallum analyst comments (which I still feel we’re miss-steps), etc.

From your experience, don’t companies (buyer and buyee) try to keep a lid on it as long as they can?  Up to and including into negotiations?  Perhaps that’s why we don’t have anything concrete about other perspective buyers.

View Quote
The part in bold: oh yeah, that's not only true, I have seen some epic shit fits thrown by executives over someone breaching privacy during a sale negotiation, and more than once. I stood in a room when a CEO told his VP, "If I find out it was you, I will come down on you so god damned hard, your great grandchildren will regret they were related to you". The VP resigned the next week.

I didn't mean to imply that anyone had officially leaked who a prospective buyer was. Only that MSFT is the one being talked about as such.

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:33:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By IceStationZebra:

No, there are multiple parties they are engaging per the CEO, Microsoft doesn't need or want much of their technology.  So if msft was the buyer, I think you could be right.  But to the contrary, hololens2 is seemingly finding new uses across industries from healthcare to military to other huge industries.  Msft cannot let the ownership of that patent and the owner of their royalty agreement fall in the hands of a competitor.

I just believe that this will sell to multiple buyers and I personally think there is a chance this goes huge, $20+.  But like I said above, I'm kind of in the $7.50 range to temper my hopes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Layer60:
Originally Posted By dle1424:

I had a 150k but sold half.  I bought in another $10k at .90 last week.  So at this point the max I can lose is $10k and my upside is 130k x pps sale price.

When you consider they have a net operating loss of $600m on the books that becomes a tax asset to the acquirer works out to $4.50 plus a share.  They should sell for a lot more.

The CEO and CFO said the company was worth billions and each billion works out to around $13-15 a share.  Well....I could handle that.  All upside given the circumstances.

at this point, i would be thrilled with 5 per share.  i have traded small cap pharma stocks for years.  it's always nice to day dream of the big score, but i have learned to temper my expectations.  especially when it comes to buyouts and binary events.  

not being sarcastic - how many buyouts have you seen where the buying company paid the true value of the bought company?  just want some perspective.

I have bought and sold numerous companies. The most important word in a negotiation like that is "leverage". Both companies appear to have some leverage but in my honest opinion, MVIS is at a disadvantage. Yes, they have intrinsic IP value - of that I have no doubt. But it looks like Microsoft is probably the only buyer currently in the pipeline if anyone is at all. So having a sole buyer when you are losing money gives up a lot of leverage. It puts time on the buyer's side and that inevitably lowers the price. 

A negotiation for a sale of this size, involving IP, will not be done quickly. Despite that, if there is a buyer on the line, a $2-3 price point seems feasible.

Of course, a bankruptcy where the common stock is wiped out and the IP goes to a fire sale is also possible and do not, for one second, think that won't cross someone's mind during a negotiation.

No, there are multiple parties they are engaging per the CEO, Microsoft doesn't need or want much of their technology.  So if msft was the buyer, I think you could be right.  But to the contrary, hololens2 is seemingly finding new uses across industries from healthcare to military to other huge industries.  Msft cannot let the ownership of that patent and the owner of their royalty agreement fall in the hands of a competitor.

I just believe that this will sell to multiple buyers and I personally think there is a chance this goes huge, $20+.  But like I said above, I'm kind of in the $7.50 range to temper my hopes.

I thought Sharma just said they were shopping it? I didn't know he specifically said they have multiple interested parties.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:
Question for those in the know. If MVIS has 140 million shares at $1 +/- each, why cant Microsoft, Apple, etc just buy them on the open market 
and take control that way? I understand supply and demand so the more shares off market (being held) the higher the price would go. Seems like a 
major player only needs 51% and then they take control by putting their own people on the board. I'd think 500 million would do that easily
View Quote

Laws in place require a buyer to disclose their ownership at very low levels. We'd know at 5-10%. Guess what happens to the share price when it gets out Apple is the accumulator? Now what they can, and will do is buy all the shares at this price humanly possible, because that biggly reduces the pool of outstanding shares they have to pay a premium for in a sale.

Hostile takeover is another tactic, but it invites much more scrutiny and there are various "poison pills" small companies use to spike that approach.

BTW, we're coming up on the required quarterly(?) accumulation disclosure very soon...
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:36:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

ISZ hit this above, but it's worth repeating for the folks that don't understand how a bankruptcy works.

There is a hierarchy of debt in a business (senior and subordinate are the words you'll normally see). In a bankruptcy the assets will be ordered sold, and they'll go to auction. The hierarchy gets settled first, and the scraps go to the investors. In many cases the proceeds don't even cover the creditors, and the shareholders are left sucking hind tit.

Microvision has no debt. That's incredibly important. It means after settling what few bills they have, the proceeds would be distributed almost in entirety to the shareholders. It sounds scary, but in some scenarios an auction works very strongly in our favor. There aren't anymore behind-closed-doors negotiations...it's all out front with multiple interested parties in attendance. As in, competitive bids.

The assets consist mostly of the intellectual propery (IP) with some proprietary manufacturing tech. Microvision's patent moat (the IP) is HUGE...with well over 500 patents in place and more pending. Yes, some are approaching the 20 year drop-dead, but they've been expanded and refined in so many subsequent patents that even if you have access to an early, expired patent all the likely avenues to exploit it are dead-ends.

So...interested parties. A war has been fought in the last ten years over the competing methods to project XR images. Think BETA vs VHS. Texas Instruments was pushing LED, and there were a couple of other oddballs. Those companies were paying some optical engineers to bash MVIS - if you start reading opinion by Karl Guttag, he was a notorious paid partisan who's been forced to retrack most of his claims. Magic Leap made HUGE promises and got billions in investment based on vaporware - now they're for sale but nobody wants their stuff. It came down to limitations...FOV, refresh rates, presentation (i.e., retinal projection vs screened) and some more esoteric stuff I don't even pretend to understand.

MFST went to LBS/MEMS because, with the proper supporting infrastructure, it overcame nearly all the shortcomings...and it's crushing the competition in sales at $3,500 a pop to a wall of industrial and development customers. The .mil version IVAS is much more expensive. This years contract to the mil is $900M, next year it pops into the billions. A big reason the price is so high is because Hololens/IVAS uses retinal projection...a laser image is literally projected on the back of your eyeball. Not cheap, but important. I'll come back to that.

For investors, another critical point. Kipman, head of H2 for MSFT, told the world they invented all the technology in Hololens and owned all the IP. They were both lies, but MVIS was strapped down by NDAs (Non-Disclosure Agreement). There was huge evidence that wasn't true, but the Canadian guy's teardown of his $7,700 CAD unit put the final blade through deception. Here's the important part...MFST has the non-exclusive right to manufacture LBS/MEMS. If Apple buys the IP, MFST starts paying royalties to Apple...

Sorry so long, but this is where it gets really good. Those commercial and mil buys are awesome, but they're limited in scope. Now Microvision comes along and is granted four new patents that use LBS on LCOS projection, instead of retinal. Much less expensive to make, meaning a consumer version of Hololens II lurks over the horizon. That's where revenue projections start looking like fantasy land, but they're not, because most of the really smart people think these various IR/AR/XR platforms will be the next two generations of computing. The consumer pool is...unlimited

The best outcome for us would be a consortium buying MVIS. They're keenly aware of the prize, but don't want to get into a bidding war. Together they each chip in a billion, and build their proprietary version around the base technology.

If you have another hour or so, I can talk about the interactive-display speaker war, or the LIDAR self-driving/TCAS car war, or the projector-only (no focus wheel, no cooling fan, 100" diagonal HD TV picture from a projector the size of a cell phone) wars...that, incidentally, turns your I-D countertop speaker into a wall projection TV just by rotating the projector up from the counter. There's more...

I've been to three ASMs and played with this stuff. It's like Area 51 tech we reverse-engineered from aliens, it was just given to a bunch of geeks who couldn't execute a business plan or capitalize it against some very determined corporations and funds. It's the reason the same idiot investors have stayed in for 20 years through all the pain. We may get proper f**ked yet, but the tech is intoxicating, and for once everyone is realizing that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Layer60:

Of course, a bankruptcy where the common stock is wiped out and the IP goes to a fire sale is also possible and do not, for one second, think that won't cross someone's mind during a negotiation.

ISZ hit this above, but it's worth repeating for the folks that don't understand how a bankruptcy works.

There is a hierarchy of debt in a business (senior and subordinate are the words you'll normally see). In a bankruptcy the assets will be ordered sold, and they'll go to auction. The hierarchy gets settled first, and the scraps go to the investors. In many cases the proceeds don't even cover the creditors, and the shareholders are left sucking hind tit.

Microvision has no debt. That's incredibly important. It means after settling what few bills they have, the proceeds would be distributed almost in entirety to the shareholders. It sounds scary, but in some scenarios an auction works very strongly in our favor. There aren't anymore behind-closed-doors negotiations...it's all out front with multiple interested parties in attendance. As in, competitive bids.

The assets consist mostly of the intellectual propery (IP) with some proprietary manufacturing tech. Microvision's patent moat (the IP) is HUGE...with well over 500 patents in place and more pending. Yes, some are approaching the 20 year drop-dead, but they've been expanded and refined in so many subsequent patents that even if you have access to an early, expired patent all the likely avenues to exploit it are dead-ends.

So...interested parties. A war has been fought in the last ten years over the competing methods to project XR images. Think BETA vs VHS. Texas Instruments was pushing LED, and there were a couple of other oddballs. Those companies were paying some optical engineers to bash MVIS - if you start reading opinion by Karl Guttag, he was a notorious paid partisan who's been forced to retrack most of his claims. Magic Leap made HUGE promises and got billions in investment based on vaporware - now they're for sale but nobody wants their stuff. It came down to limitations...FOV, refresh rates, presentation (i.e., retinal projection vs screened) and some more esoteric stuff I don't even pretend to understand.

MFST went to LBS/MEMS because, with the proper supporting infrastructure, it overcame nearly all the shortcomings...and it's crushing the competition in sales at $3,500 a pop to a wall of industrial and development customers. The .mil version IVAS is much more expensive. This years contract to the mil is $900M, next year it pops into the billions. A big reason the price is so high is because Hololens/IVAS uses retinal projection...a laser image is literally projected on the back of your eyeball. Not cheap, but important. I'll come back to that.

For investors, another critical point. Kipman, head of H2 for MSFT, told the world they invented all the technology in Hololens and owned all the IP. They were both lies, but MVIS was strapped down by NDAs (Non-Disclosure Agreement). There was huge evidence that wasn't true, but the Canadian guy's teardown of his $7,700 CAD unit put the final blade through deception. Here's the important part...MFST has the non-exclusive right to manufacture LBS/MEMS. If Apple buys the IP, MFST starts paying royalties to Apple...

Sorry so long, but this is where it gets really good. Those commercial and mil buys are awesome, but they're limited in scope. Now Microvision comes along and is granted four new patents that use LBS on LCOS projection, instead of retinal. Much less expensive to make, meaning a consumer version of Hololens II lurks over the horizon. That's where revenue projections start looking like fantasy land, but they're not, because most of the really smart people think these various IR/AR/XR platforms will be the next two generations of computing. The consumer pool is...unlimited

The best outcome for us would be a consortium buying MVIS. They're keenly aware of the prize, but don't want to get into a bidding war. Together they each chip in a billion, and build their proprietary version around the base technology.

If you have another hour or so, I can talk about the interactive-display speaker war, or the LIDAR self-driving/TCAS car war, or the projector-only (no focus wheel, no cooling fan, 100" diagonal HD TV picture from a projector the size of a cell phone) wars...that, incidentally, turns your I-D countertop speaker into a wall projection TV just by rotating the projector up from the counter. There's more...

I've been to three ASMs and played with this stuff. It's like Area 51 tech we reverse-engineered from aliens, it was just given to a bunch of geeks who couldn't execute a business plan or capitalize it against some very determined corporations and funds. It's the reason the same idiot investors have stayed in for 20 years through all the pain. We may get proper f**ked yet, but the tech is intoxicating, and for once everyone is realizing that.

thanks to both posters for your effort in posting this information.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:40:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Layer60] [#8]

Laws in place require a buyer to disclose their ownership at very low levels. We'd know at 5-10%. Guess what happens to the share price when it gets out Apple is the accumulator? Now what they can, and will do is buy all the shares at this price humanly possible, because that biggly reduces the pool of outstanding shares they have to pay a premium for in a sale.

Hostile takeover is another tactic, but it invites much more scrutiny and there are various "poison pills" small companies use to spike that approach.

BTW, we're coming up on the required quarterly(?) accumulation disclosure very soon...
View All Quotes
Question for those in the know. If MVIS has 140 million shares at $1 +/- each, why cant Microsoft, Apple, etc just buy them on the open market 
and take control that way? I understand supply and demand so the more shares off market (being held) the higher the price would go. Seems like a 
major player only needs 51% and then they take control by putting their own people on the board. I'd think 500 million would do that easily

Laws in place require a buyer to disclose their ownership at very low levels. We'd know at 5-10%. Guess what happens to the share price when it gets out Apple is the accumulator? Now what they can, and will do is buy all the shares at this price humanly possible, because that biggly reduces the pool of outstanding shares they have to pay a premium for in a sale.

Hostile takeover is another tactic, but it invites much more scrutiny and there are various "poison pills" small companies use to spike that approach.

BTW, we're coming up on the required quarterly(?) accumulation disclosure very soon...

This. A direct buy of controlling interest on the open market would get really, really expensive in a hurry. Lightning fast.

Even then, you could face resistance internally that fucks everything up. Much safer to negotiate directly.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:46:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Couldn't a prospective buyer buy calls or is that considered insider trading?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:00:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Couldn't a prospective buyer buy calls or is that considered insider trading?
View Quote

I don't do options, but I'd guess they fall under the same restrictions for insiders as equity buys and sells.

When I retired from the mil I went to work for the Lazy-B as a manager. The entire company, but especially the managers (who see a lot of stuff the hourly employees aren't privy to), were given very specific "buy windows" when we could invest privately in the corporation. They're timed to preclude front running big contracts, announcements, or bad news.

The other reason you may not see insider activity from MVIS...the bonus scheme for the execs for years has hinged on "free" shares that are incentive-based. They don't vest (aren't awarded) until/and if the share price goes over a certain amount and stays there for a given period of time.

I think Steve Holt, the CFO, has something like 600,000 shares waiting on a $2.50 share price. Not allowed to get there artificially (i.e., R/S, unless the R/S price increases proportionally), but it sure could based on the current activity. Win/win for them.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Has anyone ever noticed Texas Instruments and Microvision are in the same building in Washington?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#12]
thanks for the insight fellas, just makes me want to scoop up more shares!
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:19:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Tango:
Has anyone ever noticed Texas Instruments and Microvision are in the same building in Washington?
View Quote

Funny...old CEO let a Freudian slip go at an ASM, don't remember exactly what he was answering, but the reply was something along the lines of "...it might just be someone we pass in the lobby every day."

Lemme tell ya, THAT sat a lot of people straight up in their chairs.

The engineer migration from MVIS to MSFT is getting a lot of attention, too, because there have been 20+ with very specialized expertise. Free world, but they were under Trade Secret restrictions that may or may not have been followed, and poaching (though not strictly illegal) accusations against the tech majors are ramping up as part of the FTC's investigation.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:46:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
One other point about the de-listment battle. Last time someone used two, million block dumps to break the streak. Multiple people (including me) filed SEC complaints that probably went into the circular file.

With the Hololens tear-down, and unassailable proof MVIS is in IVAS, this complaint is going to my senators, the WA State senators, DARPA and the House Armed Services Committee, because someone is trying to bankrupt a critical supplier involved in an advanced technology contract to the US military. It's not trading, it's manipulation writ large. I may add Tucker Carlson and Rantingly to that list.

FTC has an ongoing investigation into predatory acquisition, this might just light the fuse.
View Quote

Give em heck!
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:54:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Kipman (MSFT) did his presentation this morning, no MVIS acknowledgement (fireside chat is tomorrow, complete with questions. The RH crowd is going to do the same number on him they did on Allison in Florida) but he did say demand is overwhelming.

- 7x more demand for H2 vs H1

- 4x usage observed for H2 vs H1

- Since November, more than doubled manufacturing capacity.

- Now able to make H2 available in 15 new markets (11 in Europe, 4 in Asia).

- Expands from 10 countries to 25 countries by fall. Working through the backlog. Expects everyone who expressed interest will be able to buy one over the next 2 months. In July, anyone anywhere can order one.

- Unreal Engine, Unity, Mixed Reality toolkit and Stereokit development platforms for HL2

- Firefox Reality and babylon.js support for HL2

Every royalty comes in at 100% margin, and they're ramping as fast as possible. Microsoft has a huge winner, pressure will be building.

That update, available to anyone in July who has $3,500. Number won't be huge, but it does reflect a manufacturing ramp that could eat through MVIS' pre-pay in record time. Serious considerations at the table.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:58:03 PM EDT
[#16]
@Osprey61

If I've asked and you answered, forgive me I'm very busy and running through various +/- scenarios.

Let's presume that this beast sells...single buyer, multiple buyers, consortium, etc....

What do you think the all said and done valuation and pps will be?

I'm getting a queasy feeling these bumbling idiots will sell it just above $2.5 to get their bonuses and then take their 40% off the top leaving us less than we could have sold at last week when it hit $1.82.

Losing my nerve....not that I'll lose but that this will turn out with some small gain and I lose my dreams.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:13:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By IceStationZebra:
@Osprey61

If I've asked and you answered, forgive me I'm very busy and running through various +/- scenarios.

Let's presume that this beast sells...single buyer, multiple buyers, consortium, etc....

I'm getting a queasy feeling these bumbling idiots will sell it just above $2.5 to get their bonuses and then take their 40% off the top leaving us less than we could have sold at last week when it hit $1.82.

Losing my nerve....not that I'll lose but that this will turn out with some small gain and I lose my dreams.
View Quote

If management can find their way to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...well, it's really all they know. Thing is, even though you'd think a sale would be an admission of defeat, someone on another board told me it's actually quite a feather..."successfully monetized the technology." Possible I guess.

MVIS' execs get greedy (their bonus, soft landing at the acquirer for a cheap buyout, BIL placing the bets) I can easily see 3X. Only thing, Sharma said billions, with an "s" on the end. Vote has to get past the shareholders, who won't roll on $3.00 like they did on the R/S. MSFT would badly want to avoid looking cheap right now. So...really...my guess comes down to the $5.00 to $7.00 range. I've got big dreams, too, but they're tempered by years of reality dealing with these carnival barkers.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:37:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Just freed up $700 for possibly more shares. Tell me more stories of wealth and fame.....
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:45:56 PM EDT
[#19]

If management can find their way to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...well, it's really all they know. Thing is, even though you'd think a sale would be an admission of defeat, someone on another board told me it's actually quite a feather..."successfully monetized the technology." Possible I guess.

MVIS' execs get greedy (their bonus, soft landing at the acquirer for a cheap buyout, BIL placing the bets) I can easily see 3X. Only thing, Sharma said billions, with an "s" on the end. Vote has to get past the shareholders, who won't roll on $3.00 like they did on the R/S. MSFT would badly want to avoid looking cheap right now. So...really...my guess comes down to the $5.00 to $7.00 range. I've got big dreams, too, but they're tempered by years of reality dealing with these carnival barkers.
View All Quotes
@Osprey61

Thanks, I've had $7.50 rolling around in my head for a while now.

Appreciate your thoughts.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:56:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Good, realistic thread on Reddit with people discussing the same thing.

What price?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Tango:
Just freed up $700 for possibly more shares. Tell me more stories of wealth and fame.....
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Tango:
View Quote

I've bought 1000 more so far with 15,000 in buys out there
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#24]

What price?
View Quote

So at their guesses ,500-750 million, the share price would be $3.50-$5.25 with 142 million shares outstanding
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:12:45 PM EDT
[#25]
This is a user’s chart from twats.  Not sure how accurate.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:

So at their guesses ,500-750 million, the share price would be $3.50-$5.25 with 142 million shares outstanding
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:

What price?

I hate that thread and I hate that price.

The net operating loss is worth $600 million dollars to the acquirer.  That is roughly $4.25 a share alone.  I cannot see them deeply discounting that price.  So then you have to add in the IP and value.  I would think $15 a share would be reasonable.  But I guess we will see.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#27]
bought some more at .99, I'm into real money now. Hopefully this pays out over the summer.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:18:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IceStationZebra] [#28]
Originally Posted By StevesZZ5:
This is a user’s chart from twats.  Not sure how accurate.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/156871/E9D57715-55FF-46F2-93B2-C561386DF790_png-1426565.JPG
View Quote

It isn't, it doesn't take into account the management taking a big portion of the value before we get our shares.

If you consider it as net value to the shareholder, it is accurate.  If gross, wayyyyy overstated.

I'm really praying for $14.70 a share it gives me everything I need to do everything I want.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By snakes19:
bought some more at .99, I'm into real money now. Hopefully this pays out over the summer.
View Quote

I just got more 722 at .99
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:20:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: colt_thompson] [#30]
Originally Posted By snakes19:
View Quote

I just got another batch at .9802. Ooops, that was earlier in the week. Haven't bought below .99 today
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:27:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m6z] [#31]
So, they're trying to hold it at a dollar to avoid a reverse split?  

After the beating I took earlier this week on LK, I think I'm going to sit this one out.

ETA:  It's been under $1 for more than a year and the all time high was $500 in 2000.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#32]

It isn't, it doesn't take into account the management taking a big portion of the value before we get our shares.

If you consider it as net value to the shareholder, it is accurate.  If gross, wayyyyy overstated.

I'm really praying for $14.70 a share it gives me everything I need to do everything I want.
View Quote

ISZ, you keep mentioning that whopping great management percentage. Where would that come from, their bonus' vesting?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:54:53 PM EDT
[#33]

ISZ, you keep mentioning that whopping great management percentage. Where would that come from, their bonus' vesting?
View All Quotes

I'm assuming that MVIS management will be negotiating nice golden parachutes for themselves that come out of the proceeds.  Perhaps not overtly as a line item like you would see on a home closing document.

I presume it will be in the form of cash bonuses, severance pay for those leaving and incentive stock.

I would be shocked if they didn't get it and frankly, I want them to have it because otherwise they lose the incentive to maximize shareholder value.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#34]
C’mon you glorious SOB!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Aint that some shit.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:02:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevesZZ5] [#36]
Fuck!

It hit 1.01 which probably triggers a bunch of  sales?

We start over.  Tomorrow is day 1.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:02:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Closed below $1
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Looks like it closed at .992

What a crock of crap.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:04:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Looks like it closed at .992

What a crock of crap.
View Quote

I was watching it and it looked like a power struggle between those who want it under $1 and those who want it to stay above
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:05:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevesZZ5] [#40]
It was floating between 1.00 and 1.01 for over three minutes.  It was four seconds from the bell when it dipped to .992

That...seems...intentional.  Or just our shitty luck.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:10:05 PM EDT
[#41]
It will never regain compliance fighting over tenths of a penny at the close. Chance of it landing on the positive side of a dollar for ten consecutive days is about the same as you getting ten heads in consecutive coin flips. Nothing to base hope on.

An event or announcement that pushes the share price into the $1.50 to $2.00 range is the only concrete way to get there. Failing that, the R/S will decide the issue.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:14:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevesZZ5] [#42]
Yeah, we need Hillary to do the damn coin toss in that case.

Dammit.

This is why I want it at 1.10

Some more real news may do that, then for the love of god no more drama!  Let it float around 1.07-1.10.

I’m planning on dumping 8k in next week, and I’m more than happy to do it at 1.10 a share if I can’t get .99-1.02 since that gives me peace of mind.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah, we need Hillary to do the damn coin toss in that case.

Dammit.

This is why I want it at 1.10

Some more real news may do that, then for the love of god no more drama!  Let it float around 1.07-1.10.

I’m planning on dumping 8k in next week, and I’m more than happy to do it at 1.10 a share if I can’t get .99-1.02 since that gives me peace of mind.
View Quote

Interesting...do you not believe the sale and that a sale would net more than $5?  Why sell otherwise.....set it on autopilot and just wait.

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#44]

Interesting...do you not believe the sale and that a sale would net more than $5?  Why sell otherwise.....set it on autopilot and just wait.

View Quote

It’s better a sale without a reverse split, no?

I guess I don’t understand your question.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#45]
It's at .97 in after hours ig you want some.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
It's at .97 in after hours ig you want some.
View Quote

Yup, got some and put a buy at .95
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Grabbed 800 shares at .98 each. Trying to decide whether to sell for a small profit if it goes up tomorrow, or if I want to roll the dice and hold on to them until sometime next week.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

More clearly why aren't you waiting for the sale?

Even if a reverse split happens just before the sale, you stand to get a lot more than 1.1 from a sale that seems inevitable in whatever form it takes.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 5:12:43 PM EDT
[#49]

More clearly why aren't you waiting for the sale?

Even if a reverse split happens just before the sale, you stand to get a lot more than 1.1 from a sale that seems inevitable in whatever form it takes.
View Quote

You may have misunderstood his post. I took it to mean he was buying $8k more at whatever the price is but he would prefer it if it wasn't banging on a buck all day.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Heelsfan78:

You may have misunderstood his post. I took it to mean he was buying $8k more at whatever the price is but he would prefer it if it wasn't banging on a buck all day.
View Quote

Ah yes I misunderstood.
Page / 1712
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top