BCM
User Panel

Page / 1712
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

See my edit above.

And yeah, those further out ones are nice(r) if you're able to get a decent premium.  

8/20, too.  I remember reading about third-week-of-the-month options are the best to sell, but I don't recall why other than they net higher premiums typically.  I have my spreadsheet highlighted for the third Friday of the month for that reason, I look closely at those premiums.
View Quote

That's the monthly contract date.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By snakes19:
another terrible day for Lidar
View Quote
MVIS being down 3.39% sucks. However, the gap at $12.88 did get filled and MVIS promptly bounced off it. In addition there is now a very nice double bottom on the chart. Be nice to see another bounce up tomorrow so the macd doesn't cross under the signal line. I was a buyer today.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 4:54:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By sc_beerbarge:
MVIS being down 3.39% sucks. However, the gap at $12.88 did get filled and MVIS promptly bounced off it. In addition there is now a very nice double bottom on the chart. Be nice to see another bounce up tomorrow so the macd doesn't cross under the signal line. I was a buyer today.
View Quote

Mars ferraris for everyone, soon.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 5:03:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

For some perhaps. I'm happy with a 67 Buick GS400. More my style anymore. :)

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#5]

https://bringatrailer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/160624694147822c2e457ac9d-scaled.jpg?fit=2048%2C1366
View Quote

That’s pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#6]

https://bringatrailer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/160624694147822c2e457ac9d-scaled.jpg?fit=2048%2C1366
View Quote

Thats gorgeous!
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I went from telling myself I'm only maxing out at 500 shares of MVIS to now having 616 shares. I can't help myself at this low of price still. Tens of thousands of people cant possibly be wrong about this stock, right?
View Quote

Pretty sure a lot more than that were invested in Enron.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 5:20:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glock63] [#8]
Bought back all my aug 27 $20's for $5 per contract. Sold them for $65 on this last run up. Have 15 cash secured $14 puts i sold in the money for $170 per contract 3 weeks back expiring Friday.  I dont really care if they execute or not. Time to run!
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:06:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Daily check in post, in case anyone mistakenly believes I've abandoned post. I'm taking an impressive handful of candies in preparation for the big show (which actually starts Thursday...weird thing to be excited about, but I'm told impressive results happen very quickly ).

Wife says I'm occasionally babbling without really being aware I'm doing it. Fine for GD (in fact, I feel much more in line with John Candy singing "Flintstones!" on the bus than I mostly ever do), but feel I'm better off not talking money right now.

Hope ya'll are keeping well!

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:20:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Daily check in post, in case anyone mistakenly believes I've abandoned post. I'm taking an impressive handful of candies in preparation for the big show (which actually starts Thursday...weird thing to be excited about, but I'm told impressive results happen very quickly ).

Wife says I'm occasionally babbling without really being aware I'm doing it. Fine for GD (in fact, I feel much more in line with John Candy singing "Flintstones!" on the bus than I mostly ever do), but feel I'm better off not talking money right now.

View Quote

Glad to hear from you!

I know what you mean about the candies, they always made my hyper and energetic rather than nod out when I took them for my multiple injuries.  I had to be careful with them because of that
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

Glad to hear from you!

I know what you mean about the candies, they always made my hyper and energetic rather than nod out when I took them for my multiple injuries.  I had to be careful with them because of that
View Quote

Thanks, and yea I'm taking quite the eclectic mix. I vacillate between wanting to jog the three miles down to town and back up, counterbalanced frequently by coma-like nods on the couch like I've been hit by the tranquilizer gun of a particularly over-enthusiastic conservationist. Any bucket list ambitions I had of becoming a tweeker are now right out.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:32:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: skydive70] [#12]
Some interesting news I haven't seen posted here yet.

This was posted in r/mvis and hit the news in ThinkOrSwim

MVIS - New patent approved - Compensation for laser light source misalignment in a multiple laser scanning TOF sensor system

“3D imaging devices described herein have many additional applications. For example, various embodiments of the present invention may be included in automobiles for the purposes of occupancy detection, sleep/gaze detection, gesture detection, interaction, communication, and the like. Also for example, various embodiments of the present invention may be included in cameras and security or surveillance devices such as home security devices, smart cameras, IP cameras, and the like.”

View Quote

link to patent
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:42:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By skydive70:
Some interesting news I haven't seen posted here yet.

This was posted in r/mvis and hit the news in ThinkOrSwim

link to patent
View Quote

Add another patent to the till.  

Not sure all what it will result in other than we've another bit of IP, so I approve.  Can't hurt.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:43:26 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Goodluck my friend!

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 8:07:26 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Stay well Osprey!
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Thanks, and yea I'm taking quite the eclectic mix. I vacillate between wanting to jog the three miles down to town and back up, counterbalanced frequently by coma-like nods on the couch like I've been hit by the tranquilizer gun of a particularly over-enthusiastic conservationist. Any bucket list ambitions I had of becoming a tweeker are now right out.
View Quote

Glad to see you are in good spirits.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

I've never seen one of those. It's a beauty.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 8:25:55 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Glad you're doing well! And since it's such a good scene
John Candy Singing The Flinstones Song
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Glock63:
Bought back all my aug 27 $20's for $5 per contract. Sold them for $65 on this last run up.
View Quote

Why not let them expire instead of buying back?
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 9:16:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Just got this from E*Trade...

On September 28, 2021, new amendments to Rule 15c2-11 under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 take effect that will impact the market for certain OTC securities classified as Pink No Information, Grey Market, and Expert Market OTC securities (collectively, “Impacted OTC Securities”). These rule changes prohibit broker-dealers, like E*TRADE, from publishing bid/ask quotations of companies that fail to publicly report and keep current financial and other company information. The amendments also restrict the ability of retail investors to open new positions in Impacted OTC Securities.

So.....does this affect my ability to dabble with DPLS?
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 9:25:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By myfakename:

On September 28, 2021, new amendments to Rule 15c2-11 under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 take effect that will impact the market for certain OTC securities classified as Pink No Information, Grey Market, and Expert Market OTC securities (collectively, “Impacted OTC Securities”). These rule changes prohibit broker-dealers, like E*TRADE, from publishing bid/ask quotations of companies that fail to publicly report and keep current financial and other company information. The amendments also restrict the ability of retail investors to open new positions in Impacted OTC Securities.

View Quote

Are they behind on their filings?
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
FWIW, Wishing you the best Osprey!

This thread has taught me tons about the markets and I thank you for starting it.  I have some MVIS but will not become an Arf millionaire unless it goes to $100+ a share.  Just hoping to get an expanded patio to better organize all of my grills out of it....  No worries either way, I've enjoyed this thread and all of the insight you have provided.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 9:33:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By myfakename:

View Quote

DPLS is safe.  Go to this website OTC Stocks and type in your OTC tickers to see what the standing of a company is.  Only those that are listed as  Pink No Information, Grey Market, and Expert Market OTC are affected.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Scare_Crow:

View All Quotes
Bought back all my aug 27 $20's for $5 per contract. Sold them for $65 on this last run up.

When it moons tomorrow, he can sell them again.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 9:47:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

Are they behind on their filings?
View Quote

In my limited amount of DD for DPLS I did notice they are quite the stickler when it comes to SEC filings.
They have a history that looked quite impressive, as in no slacking on the forms filed with the SEC.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 9:53:15 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Someone asked about Osprey and....

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 10:05:19 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Glad you’re in good spirits!

I dare say that while you may not want to be a tweeker, whatever cocktail you’re using would give Hunter S Thompson a run for his money should you become an author.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 10:55:36 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

With 10 trading days left, the possibility of a spike which will allow me to sell more valuable calls outweighs the $5 per contract it cost to buy them back imo.  Not something i do every time, but with catalysts looming, I thought it prudent.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 10:59:03 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 12:39:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Total53:

In my limited amount of DD for DPLS I did notice they are quite the stickler when it comes to SEC filings.
They have a history that looked quite impressive, as in no slacking on the forms filed with the SEC.
View Quote

Sweet! I don't like being handcuffed by "rules" when I'm trying to throw my money (and caution) into the wind.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 6:23:58 AM EDT
[#31]
It will get better, I just need my coffee.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 8:07:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Total53:

View Quote

Maybe they are trying to get bumped up to the big show.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 8:15:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Gonna reverse psychology this bitch...

Today ISN'T the day!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 8:24:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

Maybe they are trying to get bumped up to the big show.
View Quote

JB has mentioned that. Certainly with several acquisitions over the past few months, growth seems to be part of DPLS's plan for the future.
I just need a few days/weeks notice so I can load up before that happens.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 8:28:28 AM EDT
[#35]

With 10 trading days left, the possibility of a spike which will allow me to sell more valuable calls outweighs the $5 per contract it cost to buy them back imo.  Not something i do every time, but with catalysts looming, I thought it prudent.
View All Quotes

Smart way to do it. You'd already made > 92% of the maximum potential profit on the contract, not worth wringing out the last 8% when you can take all risk off the table. If I'm selling calls against a position, I'll generally ring the register at anything > 80% of the maximum profit.

Link Posted: 8/18/2021 8:29:48 AM EDT
[#36]

Today ISN'T the day!!!
View Quote

I knew it!      Wait............
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 8:32:50 AM EDT
[#37]

Today ISN'T the day!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/18/2021 8:46:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Will today be the day I corral 12 more share

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Holy CRAP!

NOT A MVIS HIT PIECE.
https://investorplace.com/2021/08/mvis-stock-is-gearing-up-to-re-visit-the-25-resistance-level/

This guy actually presents a fairly positive position with no back stabbing conclusions at the end.  He doesn't take an overly positive long term position but does see the short range improvement potential.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#40]

Today ISN'T the day!!!
View Quote

It's not working...reverse course!
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:00:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:24:54 AM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

https://64.media.tumblr.com/9e6c51fe464e1d5e314a60133dbf014f/tumblr_n5hgfxG6FR1rkvl19o2_400.gifv

Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:35:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Today is the day, I can feel it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:41:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#44]
My reverse psychology worked! We are about to penetrate the 14s. To the moon! Moon Lada's for everyone!

Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Did anything in particular cause that jump?
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#46]
My reverse psychology worked! We are about to penetrate the 14s. To the moon! Moon Lada's for everyone!

https://cdni.rbth.com/rbthmedia/images/2020.04/original/5e9dd02a15e9f92d867a35da.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

@Malbec
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:47:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fattyfat] [#48]
they got a patent 'compensation' granted:  edit-  didn't know that was from yesterday afternoon.  I got nothing.  sorry folks.

https://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-adv.htm&r=4296&f=G&l=50&d=PTXT&p=86&S1=20210817&OS=20210817&RS=20210817
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:47:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Malbec:
Today is the day, I can feel it.
View Quote

the Malbec effect giving us a nice bumpity bump
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

My....
MVIS 14.5 CALL
Aug 20 2021

Page / 1712
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top