BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1713
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:23:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

Yep, puts.  They were $10 strike for today, there was absolutely no way I was letting those get assigned that far ITM, lol.  

As far as calls, the first two sets I bought back three and four weeks ago when they went far ITM and I thought the stock was going to run.  Both times the stock dipped hard that day or very soon after.  I lost over $2k on those.

My most recent call contracts I sold were sold for .20 and .25 a share, haven’t made much on those.  All the contracts on those were for 10/29.  I bought 15 of those contracts back and netted about .14 a share so I could dump BBIG at the end of today, then I changed my mind and well at least I made .14 a share on those.

I plan on selling near ITM next week on those and just don’t mind if they are called away.

My cost basis is 2,000 at $9.00 and 1,500 at $10.76

I plan on doing that to the other twenty call contracts I haven’t bought back yet, too.

All but one move I made on BBIG were poorly timed.

Oh well.
View Quote

But when it was $10.75 the call contracts at $11 strike were $4. I bought and sold one of those immediately.  That was 37% of the stock price  for an out of the money call.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:24:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#2]
Originally Posted By myfakename:

Anytime I have tried I get a message that the order was placed during closed market and will be fulfilled when it opens. They have always filled at 6:30am AZ time (9:30est). So I don't know.

I'm also worried etrade wouldn't let me trade with funds that were from the sale of another stock that hasn't settled yet.
View Quote

No idea.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:29:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

No idea.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Anytime I have tried I get a message that the order was placed during closed market and will be fulfilled when it opens. They have always filled at 6:30am AZ time (9:30est). So I don't know.

I'm also worried etrade wouldn't let me trade with funds that were from the sale of another stock that hasn't settled yet.

No idea.

Found it. I had to click on an acknowledgement that I was aware that I may lose money faster to trade AH. I told them to hold my beer.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 7:30:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

Yep, puts.  They were $10 strike for today, there was absolutely no way I was letting those get assigned that far ITM, lol.  

As far as calls, the first two sets I bought back three and four weeks ago when they went far ITM and I thought the stock was going to run.  Both times the stock dipped hard that day or very soon after.  I lost over $2k on those.

View Quote

Ouch.
If only you'd bought the puts back instead of the calls when it went up, and let the calls expire yesterday, you'd have made nice money.
Did you have enough shares to cover the calls or were some of them naked?
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Found it. I had to click on an acknowledgement that I was aware that I may lose money faster to trade AH. I told them to hold my beer.
View All Quotes

No idea.

Link Posted: 10/23/2021 11:51:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

Sharma has 575,434 shares, and his performance bonuses are paid in stock.  Judy and the other two new guys are bit players at 6,739 shares, and they got those at $14 value.  Sharma lost over 1M last three days.

Saying they give no fucks about share prices could only be accurate if the board/C-suite literally hated money
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:
Originally Posted By m6z:
Originally Posted By zhass:
Originally Posted By M82Assault:
Oh look, Sharma's PR was so fucking weak we get to have another -5+% day!

It's gonna be epic next week when they spew the same limp-dick comments during earnings and we blow below $5
Sense I have 2 brain cells fighting for 3rd place maybe someone can shed some light.  As MVIS creates higher operational costs through new hires ect, how are they going to stay solvent? They have very little money coming in, and selling the remaining shares becomes less beneficial at the ever declining share price...

It would seem that MVIS gives no fucks about their shareholders, so they'll just continue to dilute regardless of share price.  

I certainly hope I'm wrong, but I'm quickly losing hope on a share price above $10 anytime soon.

Sharma has 575,434 shares, and his performance bonuses are paid in stock.  Judy and the other two new guys are bit players at 6,739 shares, and they got those at $14 value.  Sharma lost over 1M last three days.

Saying they give no fucks about share prices could only be accurate if the board/C-suite literally hated money

Even looking longer term, that share price is important, especially with Sharmas comments about likely acquisitions in the lidar market. While many would hope that means mvis will scoop up some competitor to make their tech better and dominate the market, with a diving share price it also means that these other companies could scoop up mvis for pennies of what we believe to be its true value once brought to market.

I’m not sure what to make of it but seeing the stock back in the 8 gives me grave concern.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 12:22:53 PM EDT
[#7]

1 call = 100 shares. You can sell calls on any shares you own as long as you have 100 of them.
View Quote

Thank you. I know this was explained a few pages back but I need it explained to me like an idiot. What is the reason for selling calls now instead of just waiting and hoping the price goes up and selling outright?
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 1:41:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blackeagle05] [#8]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:

Thank you. I know this was explained a few pages back but I need it explained to me like an idiot. What is the reason for selling calls now instead of just waiting and hoping the price goes up and selling outright?
View Quote

You pay $5/share for 100 shares of stock A. You believe it is worth $8. If you hold and sell at $8, you make $3 profit.

If you sell an $8 call at .50/share, and the share price never hits $8, you made .50/share outright (another way to say that is you lowered your cost to $4.50/share). You still own your shares, and can do it again.

If you sell the same shares and the price is over $8 at closing on expiration day, your calls are exercised and you receive $8 per, regardless of current share price. In total you receive $8.50/share, or $3.50 profit.

If the price is between $8 and $8.50 on expiration day, you make more profit than you would have selling outright on that day. If it is above $8.50, you lose out on profits above $8.50. This is the potential downside. You are limiting your profit. If the stock runs to $25, you still sell at $8. You can buy the calls back to avoid that, but that's another topic. The other downside is that as long as your call is in place, you are locked into your shares. If it starts sliding, you can't bail on the stock without buying back your calls first.

Standard disclaimer, definitely not an advisor,probably an idiot, I've been doing calls for like three months, not an endorsement of any stock that may or may not include the letter A, etc. YMMV.

ETA it can also dampen the blow from poor decisions. I FOMOd on WISH at over $13. I have sold enough calls to reduce my CPS to 9.xx. Still way in the hole, but way better than it would have been without calls
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 2:05:13 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Even if the price doesn't go up or it goes down you make money.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 2:06:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By blackeagle05:

You pay $5/share for 100 shares of stock A. You believe it is worth $8. If you hold and sell at $8, you make $3 profit.

If you sell an $8 call at .50/share, and the share price never hits $8, you made .50/share outright (another way to say that is you lowered your cost to $4.50/share). You still own your shares, and can do it again.

If you sell the same shares and the price is over $8 at closing on expiration day, your calls are exercised and you receive $8 per, regardless of current share price. In total you receive $8.50/share, or $3.50 profit.

If the price is between $8 and $8.50 on expiration day, you make more profit than you would have selling outright on that day. If it is above $8.50, you lose out on profits above $8.50. This is the potential downside. You are limiting your profit. If the stock runs to $25, you still sell at $8. You can buy the calls back to avoid that, but that's another topic. The other downside is that as long as your call is in place, you are locked into your shares. If it starts sliding, you can't bail on the stock without buying back your calls first.

Standard disclaimer, definitely not an advisor,probably an idiot, I've been doing calls for like three months, not an endorsement of any stock that may or may not include the letter A, etc. YMMV.

ETA it can also dampen the blow from poor decisions. I FOMOd on WISH at over $13. I have sold enough calls to reduce my CPS to 9.xx. Still way in the hole, but way better than it would have been without calls
View Quote

You can sell calls again on wish and lower your CPS again. Woo!
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#11]

You can sell calls again on wish and lower your CPS again. Woo!
View Quote

Yup. I have some sold now. Still bringing it down.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 7:35:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By blackeagle05:

Yup. I have some sold now. Still bringing it down.
View Quote

You do it long enough. The share become free.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:46:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#13]
So is mvis a good stock to sell covered calls on? Have enough shares of it to experiment with. Just don't want to end up losing the shares or money. I'm at a $14 exact cost avg for 1122 shares.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#14]
So is mvis a good stock to sell covered calls on? Have enough shares of it to experiment with. Just don't want to end up losing the shares or money. I'm at a $14 exact cost avg for 1122 shares.
View Quote

The premiums are pretty bad right now.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 10:19:32 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Its not going to hurt to sell a few just to get your feet wet in CC. Premium isn't high currently, but you can still make a few bucks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 12:29:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blackeagle05] [#16]
View Quote

As mentioned premiums are low now. That is because, generally speaking, as shares go up the value and thus the premiums of calls go up. Apparently you have to speak Greek to know the math behind it, but that rule of thumb is enough to get you started. If you're dealing with a volatile stock, call/put premiums are likely to be better than with a flat stock. When a stock is dropping steadily like Our Lady of Redmond, the call premiums will suck. The basic idea is to sell calls on upswings in price to capitalize on that principle. Easier said than done.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

View Quote

That depends on what your "OMG they stole my MVIS" price is.

If your basis is $14 and you're willing to let it get called away at $20, then yes, premiums are pretty useless when the current price is $8.

If your basis $9 and you're willing to write $11 calls a week at a time, $11.50 calls expiring 10-29 were bidding $0.10 at the close Friday. One percent a week  isn't bad money. Just keep writing 10 to 20 cent options every week as long as the strike prices are profitable. I doubt you're going to miss out on any big upward moves in October or November from getting called away.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

If your basis is $14 and you're willing to let it get called away at $20, then yes, premiums are pretty useless when the current price is $8.

If your basis $9 and you're willing to write $11 calls a week at a time, $11.50 calls expiring 10-29 were bidding $0.10 at the close Friday. One percent a week  isn't bad money. Just keep writing 10 to 20 cent options every week as long as the strike prices are profitable. I doubt you're going to miss out on any big upward moves in October or November from getting called away.
View Quote

Yea the mvis timeline is truly screwed up. I dont think anyone from sharma down to the smallest investors have any clue about any mvis future timelines. I think the consensus is pretty much “nothing imminent” which would be good to sell calls without expectation of getting shares called away. Bad thing is since thats the consensus… a lot of get rich quick folks are packing bags and dumping shares causing further price suppression… which doesn’t help call premiums… shitty situation we are stuck in.

Patience my friends. Something is bound to happen sooner or later.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 3:39:00 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

Point taken. My basis is around $13.50 and I'd be willing to write calls for around $13 figured with the money I've made with selling calls even they got called away I'd still in the green.
$12 might be a little too painful. Calls @13 are not very profitable right now even a multiple weeks out. I still sold them as why not but it wasn't much.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#20]
New chartology video for whatever it's worth

Link Posted: 10/24/2021 5:43:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scare_Crow] [#21]

Point taken. My basis is around $13.50 and I'd be willing to write calls for around $13 figured with the money I've made with selling calls even they got called away I'd still in the green.
$12 might be a little too painful. Calls @13 are not very profitable right now even a multiple weeks out. I still sold them as why not but it wasn't much.
View Quote

Sell them for 11.50
If some good news comes out and it pops roll them up and out closer to 13 or higher then wait for it to drop back and buy the call back or let it expire.
Selling for lower amount weekly will give better premiums and as long as you don't go further than a week out makes it easier to roll

.10c a share a week (or more) is an easy sell and will reduce cost basis pretty fast

Earnings report on Thursday so I'm holding on seeling my Monday morning calls this week
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Scare_Crow:

Sell them for 11.50
If some good news comes out and it pops roll them up and out closer to 13 or higher then wait for it to drop back and buy the call back or let it expire.
Selling for lower amount weekly will give better premiums and as long as you don't go further than a week out makes it easier to roll

.10c a share a week (or more) is an easy sell and will reduce cost basis pretty fast

Earnings report on Thursday so I'm holding on seeling my Monday morning calls this week
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Scare_Crow:

Sell them for 11.50

Maybe. I've been bit putting up calls too low a few times.

Might try your idea though once they are free again they are tied up for a few weeks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Maybe. I've been bit putting up calls too low a few times.

Might try your idea though once they are free again they are tied up for a few weeks.
View Quote

There is almost zero risk at setting them to low to collect a better premium.  Worst case just roll them out another week at a higher strike.  Sure, premium might be a wash or not come out ahead, but you'll be gaining the share price.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:08:13 AM EDT
[#24]
"Fidelity is offering a $100 Cash Reward/Balance (deposited to your account) when you open a Eligible Fidelity Investment Account using promo code FIDELITY100 and Deposit $50 (minimum) or more within 15 Days of opening your account."

For those using shitty RH no excuse not to switch.... says existing accounts can if open different account, I'm going to look into it

https://slickdeals.net/f/15352732-open-eligible-fidelity-investment-account-deposit-50-get-100-cash-balance-new-or-existing-customers
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:18:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Today is the day, I can feel it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:22:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Malbec:
View Quote

I knew it!
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:27:04 AM EDT
[#27]
I already have fidelity, so I opened their "checking account " already being a user it auto filled the application and had the promo code already applied.  Took all of four minutes... I'll turn $50 into $150 any chance I get 😁

I'm curious to see if since it's all under the same company if transferring money from their checking into brokerage will be instant.  On most thing they give me instant access to funds but there's be a few times I haven't been able to make moves because I was waiting on funds to settle
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:39:35 AM EDT
[#28]
LAS VEGAS, Oct. 24, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Lomotif, the popular video-sharing social networking platform and TikTok rival, welcomed its special guests Lil Nas X and The Kid Laroi to the 2021 Electronic Daisy Carnival (EDC) as the duo made a surprise performance during the festival. Lomotif used the occasion to launch LoMo TV - a new entertainment and lifestyle network offering original programming within the Lomo app. LoMo TV begins airing live today where it is a streaming partner. During EDC LoMo TV will feature exclusive backstage content and interviews at the concert, as well as an exclusive performance from Lil Nas X and a new song debuting from the superstar artist.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lomotif-welcomes-its-special-guests-lil-nas-x-and-the-kid-laroi-to-electronic-daisy-carnival-edc-301407116.html
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:44:33 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Sure!
BBIG lined up some talent for something? Electronic Daisy Carnival, I guess EDC is not every day carry.
SENS is clearly having issues after last Thursday, no idea here, buy my call back and sell another or wait?
MVIS is getting stomped, maybe we can get an EC pop, but really anything more than a buck just really doesn't look to be happening. Unless Sharma has a contract/partnership.

I have to go to work, will not be able to post, bummer I know.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:47:01 AM EDT
[#30]
BBIG is starting some LOMO TV thing.  They launched it at the big EDM festival I'm Vegas.  

Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:47:21 AM EDT
[#31]
LAS VEGAS, Oct. 24, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Lomotif, the popular video-sharing social networking platform and TikTok rival, welcomed its special guests Lil Nas X and The Kid Laroi to the 2021 Electronic Daisy Carnival (EDC) as the duo made a surprise performance during the festival. Lomotif used the occasion to launch LoMo TV - a new entertainment and lifestyle network offering original programming within the Lomo app. LoMo TV begins airing live today where it is a streaming partner. During EDC LoMo TV will feature exclusive backstage content and interviews at the concert, as well as an exclusive performance from Lil Nas X and a new song debuting from the superstar artist.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lomotif-welcomes-its-special-guests-lil-nas-x-and-the-kid-laroi-to-electronic-daisy-carnival-edc-301407116.html
View Quote

Damn, you beat me.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 8:07:37 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2021 8:14:53 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#34]
I'll probably call out the fidelity $100 dollars for depositing $50 a few times today.... damn good deal if you're considering a brokerage anyways (anyone using RH should)
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 8:31:27 AM EDT
[#35]
I am underwater on all but 75 of my 2200 MVIS shares.  I am going to wait until EC to make any moves, but if nothing positive comes from it I am going to start getting more aggressive with selling barely OTM calls.  Made a few bucks selling $9 calls on half my shares Friday.  Should have done all of them.  If I had been doing that all along I would not be down as much as I am.  Very frustrated with the stock right now.  I know there is no reason for it to be hammered down as much as it has, but the seeming lack of give a fuck from SS and co. is disheartening to say the least.  

I had some 10/22 puts on BBIG that ended up being WAY too far into the money on Friday so I rolled them out to this week and down $0.50 each.  Didn't cost me much.  If we get a pop I will sell some fairly low calls on my remaining 200 shares.  Hopefully this stock will still pay off by the end of the year.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Going to sell some $6.5 calls on BBIG for this week.  Hopefully we get a nice spike at open.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 9:02:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Going to sell some $6.5 calls on BBIG for this week.  Hopefully we get a nice spike at open.
View Quote

Speculation seems to be that the 10-k should get filed this week if we are to receive the TYDE dividend by end of the year.  A decent valuation in there would be nice too.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 9:04:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By war86: Very frustrated with the stock right now.  I know there is no reason for it to be hammered down as much as it has, but the seeming lack of give a fuck from SS and co. is disheartening to say the least.  
View Quote

Agreed.
I feel like the company has potential but they are terrible in execution and that will be the death of them.
It's time to make an exit plan. If it makes it back to XX i'll bail and never look back.
Rather stick with oil companies
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#39]
How to Lie Your Way to $34 Billion [Nikola Motors Fraud]

Great reminder for DD ... the dude had failed after failed company.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 9:28:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By goodasgone81:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88fWUZhYb04

View Quote
Is he in prison or do you think Microvision could hire him to handle marketing/IR?  Just curious
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Grabbed 5 shares of DWAC this morning.
Halted down at the open.  Could be a wild one today.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 9:42:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By tornadochaser:
Grabbed 5 shares of DWAC this morning.
Halted down at the open.  Could be a wild one today.
View Quote

I seen that, I still have 25 left to play with, Originally bought 50 @ 12.90
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 9:44:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By goodasgone81:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88fWUZhYb04

View Quote

I made money on them when they went public
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#44]
After watching that it's amazing they're not on pink sheets..... doesn't sound like they had a single legit product and it's still above $10 a share,  not sure what investors are hoping for
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#45]
weird green color on MVIS today, don't recognize it
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:01:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#46]
Originally Posted By snakes19:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By snakes19:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:10:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SavedByTheBlood] [#48]
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:10:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Ofcourse BBIG spikes right after I sell my calls.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Ofcourse BBIG spikes right after I sell my calls.
View Quote

This is the way
Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top