BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1703
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 12:50:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
Is there ever a reason not to contribute to a Roth IRA in a particular year. I did a bad thing and tried timing the market and haven't contributed the max to my Roth yet, figuring a FJB presidency would hurt the market.

The fund is VTSAX. It's $116.58 as of now. I suppose I could wait til the deadline May 15th 2022 to contribute to 2021 hoping it goes down, or it could just go higher more by that point.
View Quote

Why are you limiting yourself to VTSAX in your Roth?  I maxed mine out with DPLS for this year.  If I win big, no taxes baby!
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 1:01:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HerculesMulligan] [#2]
Imagine if people here bought apple stock instead of MVIS……………………loaded. Apple might even buy it
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 1:11:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChicagoFoodie] [#3]
$MVI pivots more and more to software as they already have hardware manufacturing processes established.

There has to be a reason mvis stopped working on building an example production line for small sales.

Having a controlling partner would make sense.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By trackstar55:
Imagine if people here bought apple stock instead of MVIS……………………loaded. Apple might even buy it
View Quote

Not really the issue here.  MVIS was like 25 cents when this thread was started, and $2.82 a year ago.  The problem was, people got caught up in the hopium of a buyout and being rich, instead of seeing what the run up to $30.00 was.... a meme stock run.  If they dumped the stock anywhere near that high, you'd be hard pressed to get return like that in a year.  

That run was not natural and therefor shouldn't have been used as a reason to hold (once it starting coming down rapidly) or buy more all the way down (hoping it will go back there).  

Link Posted: 12/11/2021 2:18:35 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Imagine if people had bought Tesla stock instead of Apple...............loaded.  I get it, you've made money on Apple but that doesn't make your investment decisions better than anyone else.  As noted earlier, many of us got into MVIS when it was .20-.30 cents a share and have massive unrealized gains even at the current share price.  I even sold my Apple stock to buy more MVIS.  Only time will tell who made the better call.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone else hear more on the new night vision MVIS has its chips in? I have zero confirmation but some video comments on a post. Guys were discussing the system saying 82 Airborne has some of the units now and its cheap plastic.
Im sure with all new toys it will need upgraded for field use here and there. So is this actually being used real world?

I think MVIS stock is going to explode one day. Too many companies building plants and setting up to run production on cars and night vison, chip etc.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 2:44:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Tango:
Anyone else hear more on the new night vision MVIS has its chips in? I have zero confirmation but some video comments on a post. Guys were discussing the system saying 82 Airborne has some of the units now and its cheap plastic.
Im sure with all new toys it will need upgraded for field use here and there. So is this actually being used real world?

https://i.imgur.com/pUxsjG1.jpg

I think MVIS stock is going to explode one day. Too many companies building plants and setting up to run production on cars and night vison, chip etc.
View Quote

That pic I'm pretty sure is ENVGs not Hololens
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By evo7011:
$MVI pivots more and more to software as they already have hardware manufacturing processes established.

There has to be a reason mvis stopped working on building an example production line for small sales.

Having a controlling partner would make sense.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/124501/5C446156-3417-43AB-B5B6-DF09A3484660_jpe-2199974.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/124501/3BCA98FF-B7D0-4C23-862B-B69850F56331_jpe-2199977.JPG
View Quote

Wen Mun?
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

Wen Mun?
View Quote

SoonTM
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 3:11:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#10]
Originally Posted By Tim_AZ:

SoonTM
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tim_AZ:

Wen Mun?

SoonTM

Need more powder. Must buy more MVIS. Considering selling some organs to get in at the current discount pricing.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 3:52:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 58Teague:

That pic I'm pretty sure is ENVGs not Hololens
View Quote

I just threw it up.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Wen Mun?
View Quote

June 2022?

Buy it cheap, and stack it deep, these are the salad days of MVIS!
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#13]

June 2022?

Buy it cheap, and stack it deep, these are the salad days of MVIS!
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/11/2021 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

I did, both. Still hold both also. Well aapl plus a bunch of others. Why stop at aapl or mvis?
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By captnstabn:

That run was not natural and therefor shouldn't have been used as a reason to hold (once it starting coming down rapidly) or buy more all the way down (hoping it will go back there).  

View Quote

So mvis is a meme stock that will not reach $30 ever again? And we shouldn’t average down?
Okay then.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 9:31:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Total53:
@FelisTacet Are you back from your (forced) vacay?
We need your MVIS and market wisdom.
Get in here!

https://media.giphy.com/media/fVeLVxCuwOrgdG1NiD/giphy.gif
View Quote

@Total53

Thanks for the kind words, yep here I am.  

I'm far from having any market wisdom, but a little site wisdom says don't piss off the mods.  Also, I don't think staff can take a joke when it came to getting my account lock reviewed.  I'm a marked man so I need to try to keep flying under the radar as best as I can.

I've kept up on the tread, and was with you guys in spirit.  Been having to roll puts on fridays like you wouldn't believe, damn this market.  I've been going hard and heavy with selling calls on MVIS with almost no fear that they'll be called away. No fears of having to roll THOSE calls!

I'll be playing less risk on MVIS calls for a bit after 12/31, and I'm only selling weeklies at the moment (1/7 and 1/14 calls will be further out on the strike) until we see what the CES 2022 in Vegas does for us.  I don't have a lot of hope after what we've seen from the IAA, but who knows.  Totally different types of shows, so its hard to speculate.  And it's been said before, deals and announcements aren't made at shows, but I'm still going to play it safe until afterwards.

Happy weekend fellas!
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 1:49:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

@Total53

Thanks for the kind words, yep here I am.  

I'm far from having any market wisdom, but a little site wisdom says don't piss off the mods.  Also, I don't think staff can take a joke when it came to getting my account lock reviewed.  I'm a marked man so I need to try to keep flying under the radar as best as I can.

I've kept up on the tread, and was with you guys in spirit.  Been having to roll puts on fridays like you wouldn't believe, damn this market.  I've been going hard and heavy with selling calls on MVIS with almost no fear that they'll be called away. No fears of having to roll THOSE calls!

I'll be playing less risk on MVIS calls for a bit after 12/31, and I'm only selling weeklies at the moment (1/7 and 1/14 calls will be further out on the strike) until we see what the CES 2022 in Vegas does for us.  I don't have a lot of hope after what we've seen from the IAA, but who knows.  Totally different types of shows, so its hard to speculate.  And it's been said before, deals and announcements aren't made at shows, but I'm still going to play it safe until afterwards.

Happy weekend fellas!
View Quote

Welcome back

Link Posted: 12/12/2021 11:22:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Tomorrow is a day, I can feel it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Tomorrow is a day, I can feel it.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2021 2:30:31 PM EDT
[#21]
linkedin still not updated

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 3:55:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#22]
View Quote

Sooooo..what's the story?

Where is he going, and how does it affect MicroVision?  The only link I see between him and MicroVision are a year plus old, and mostly dots that haven't amounted to much.

EDIT: since I quoted the wrong person initially.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 4:12:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Where is he going, and how does it affect MicroVision?  The only link I see between him and MicroVision are a year plus old, and mostly dots that haven't amounted to much.

View Quote

I am not sure, unless maybe Microsoft plans to bring on the entire MVIS team to work on the Hololens?
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 4:50:18 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

It would appear that Bernard Kress was at MSFT during their struggle with the light engine behind the Hololens display.
Brightness and power consumption being 2 issue for a light weight wearble.
He is intimately aware of the how and why MSFT chose MVIS for that solution.
If he leads Google in that direction MVIS gets more business.

That's my dot connecting take from r/MVIS (reddit).

Link Posted: 12/12/2021 5:02:41 PM EDT
[#25]

It would appear that Bernard Kress was at MSFT during their struggle with the light engine behind the Hololens display.

View Quote

he's been with GOOG since at least November 22.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 7:12:49 PM EDT
[#26]

I am not sure, unless maybe Microsoft plans to bring on the entire MVIS team to work on the Hololens?
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 12/12/2021 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#27]
10. MicroVision, Inc. (NASDAQ:MVIS)
Number of Hedge Fund Holders: 6

MicroVision, Inc. (NASDAQ:MVIS) makes and sells lidar sensors used in automotives. The stock has returned more than 150% to investors over the past twelve months, primarily due to retail investor interest in the company.

MicroVision, Inc. (NASDAQ:MVIS) recently beat market expectations on earnings per share for the third quarter by $0.03. The revenue over the period was up 16% year-on-year. The firm said that the cash used in operations between June and September was up $7 million year-on-year.

Among the hedge funds being tracked by Insider Monkey, Chicago-based investment firm Citadel Investment Group is a leading shareholder in MicroVision, Inc. (NASDAQ:MVIS) with 1 million shares worth more than $12 million.

Just like Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN), Alphabet Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG), and Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), MicroVision, Inc. (NASDAQ:MVIS) is one of the stocks attracting the attention of retail investors.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/10-stocks-reddit-wallstreetbets-buying-155939653.html
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 9:07:02 PM EDT
[#28]
10. MicroVision, Inc. (NASDAQ:MVIS)
Number of Hedge Fund Holders: 6

MicroVision, Inc. (NASDAQ:MVIS) makes and sells lidar sensors used in automotives. The stock has returned more than 150% to investors over the past twelve months, primarily due to retail investor interest in the company.

MicroVision, Inc. (NASDAQ:MVIS) recently beat market expectations on earnings per share for the third quarter by $0.03. The revenue over the period was up 16% year-on-year. The firm said that the cash used in operations between June and September was up $7 million year-on-year.

Among the hedge funds being tracked by Insider Monkey, Chicago-based investment firm Citadel Investment Group is a leading shareholder in MicroVision, Inc. (NASDAQ:MVIS) with 1 million shares worth more than $12 million.

Just like Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN), Alphabet Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG), and Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), MicroVision, Inc. (NASDAQ:MVIS) is one of the stocks attracting the attention of retail investors.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/10-stocks-reddit-wallstreetbets-buying-155939653.html
View Quote

That article is 2 days old but that math is about 3 months old.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 9:25:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By myfathersson:

That article is 2 days old but that math is about 3 months old.
View Quote

I am aware, but don't recall anyone posting it on Friday.

Interesting that the article claims Citadel has a major long position in MVIS. I wonder if that’s some kind of shenanigans they are doing trying to hide their short positions?
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 10:57:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By TheTech-1:

So mvis is a meme stock that will not reach $30 ever again? And we shouldn’t average down?
Okay then.
View Quote

I didn’t say it will never reach $30.00 again.  I said that run was unnatural, and it was, as evident why it came rolling back down.  

Also, like it or not, yes it was a meme stock for a period of time. It was all over WSB for the weeks leading up to that last run, which is exactly why it ran up so quick. It’s also why it dumped quick - because they are all looking for a quick payday over there.

As far as averaging down, sure that’s one way to look at it and sometimes works.  Another way to look at it, you’re catching a huge falling knife, hoping for a rebound.  So far, it hasn’t.

A better idea would be to wait for it to bottom and start the rebound.  Catch it on the way up, instead of bag holding all the way down.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#31]

I didn’t say it will never reach $30.00 again.  I said that run was unnatural, and it was, as evident why it came rolling back down.  

Also, like it or not, yes it was a meme stock for a period of time. It was all over WSB for the weeks leading up to that last run, which is exactly why it ran up so quick. It’s also why it dumped quick - because they are all looking for a quick payday over there.

As far as averaging down, sure that’s one way to look at it and sometimes works.  Another way to look at it, you’re catching a huge falling knife, hoping for a rebound.  So far, it hasn’t.

A better idea would be to wait for it to bottom and start the rebound.  Catch it on the way up, instead of bag holding all the way down.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheTech-1:

Okay then.

So tell me where the bottom is and when it rebounds, I buy the dead cat bounce...?
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 11:11:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By m1awolf:

So tell me where the bottom is and when it rebounds, I buy the dead cat bounce...?
View Quote

Muh charts!
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 11:15:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m6z] [#33]
A Santa Claus rally sounds nice.  I really need to exit a couple positions in the green and the sooner the better.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 11:26:24 PM EDT
[#34]

Muh charts!
View Quote

I'll post a "muh chart".  

It really seems like we should have bottomed. Attachment Attached File

Why can't they hire a good marketing team to sell their products?
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 11:38:55 PM EDT
[#35]
I feel like buying more MVIS just to make my cost average lower...$14 a share looking at the market...Ooof level achieved...

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:11:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#36]
If we all knew where it bottomed or topped out we'd be rich.

Suppose the best we can do at this point is trust the confidence of Mr. Sharma and the leadership team he has created. Three high profile hires in 2021, a new office in Germany to help promote the brand to tier1 and oems, trade shows across the country and world.

We will be at CES in Vegas January 5th-8th showcasing our tech on the exhibition floor and PRIVATE showings. Hopefully this goes just as well as IAA and we have more RFIs AND maybe a RFQ or two.

We are one of three lidar developers that got selected and invited to a consortium. MVIS will literally be providing specifications, guidelines and framework for Lidar tech. Isn't that sort of a big deal?

I shouldn't be the guy trying to pump people up here.

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:13:18 AM EDT
[#37]

We are one of three lidar developers that got selected and invited to a consortium. MVIS will literally be providing specifications, guidelines and framework for Lidar tech. Isn't that sort of a big deal?

View Quote

It will be if they actually sell something.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:17:15 AM EDT
[#38]

Muh charts!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m1awolf:

Muh charts!
The MAC Daddy has the info we seek. Right? Lol
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:10:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Notifications were different this week.
Vanguard told me Saturday that my 3.5 BBIG puts exercised. (not that I needed to be told)
Interactive Borkers waited until this morning to tell me my 3.00 puts exercised.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:21:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:
I feel like buying more MVIS just to make my cost average lower...$14 a share looking at the market...Ooof level achieved...

View Quote
I dumped it a short while back.  Wait my 30 days and maybe buy back in.  I'll be money ahead it appears
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:37:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PepePewPew] [#42]
Having bought 1000 BBIG at 3.50 over the weekend, I figure I'll sell 10 call options, 1-21-22 @$4, for maybe 0.32 today.
If they want to exercise early to grab my shares ahead of the TYDE spinoff, it's going to cost them.

Done. Should have sold Puts Friday, they're down while Calls are up.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:
Notifications were different this week.
Vanguard told me Saturday that my 3.5 BBIG puts exercised. (not that I needed to be told)
Interactive Borkers waited until this morning to tell me my 3.00 puts exercised.
View Quote

Freudian

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Exactly.  They need revenue.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Finally hit my 1K Mavis.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#47]
What happened, all my stuff except MVIS was green? Now it's all red.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:
Having bought 1000 BBIG at 3.50 over the weekend, I figure I'll sell 10 call options, 1-21-22 @$4, for maybe 0.32 today.
If they want to exercise early to grab my shares ahead of the TYDE spinoff, it's going to cost them.

Done. Should have sold Puts Friday, they're down while Calls are up.
View Quote

2 week out calls were paying good.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#49]

2 week out calls were paying good.
View Quote

I don't want to be short any 12-23 options because it's a long weekend and at this time we don't know exactly when TYDE will go ex-dividend, but Monday after that weekend is as likely as any other day.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:20:40 PM EDT
[#50]
I see we're on track for yet another day bleeding our daily 5% yet again.
Page / 1703
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top