User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1713
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 10:51:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By evo7011:

Yea it doesn't make sense to me either.

MVIS isn't paying them to come to Vegas, they would have to pay for the trip themselves which, would probably be a few grand if I had to guess if you wanted to stay a few nights plus airfare and meals. Not super expensive, but not exactly cheap either, plus you need to factor in your time.

He would have to be nuts to ask for more money, when they are sitting on a pile of it currently.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By evo7011:
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
This is all so baffling and weird. Is the company paying for these OGs/influencers to go to Vegas? I can't imagine a last minute flight and hotel booking to Vegas to be cheap right now? What's the point of in person, as opposed to via online conference? Maybe he wants to show them his favorite pitch line of non-exotic component lidar up close and personal?

Sumit has to know asking for more money would tank the share price. Shareholder confidence is already at an all time low. I can't imagine he is that obtuse.

Yea it doesn't make sense to me either.

MVIS isn't paying them to come to Vegas, they would have to pay for the trip themselves which, would probably be a few grand if I had to guess if you wanted to stay a few nights plus airfare and meals. Not super expensive, but not exactly cheap either, plus you need to factor in your time.

He would have to be nuts to ask for more money, when they are sitting on a pile of it currently.

As of last quarterly, their spending was up quite a bit from the previous quarter. They may have spent it all on hookers and blow already.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Total53:
Ask not what MAVIS can do for you but what you can do for MAVIS!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/512051/mavis-today-2221753.jpg
View Quote

We have nothing to fear...

Or something like that.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 11:09:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Total53] [#3]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

As of last quarterly, their spending was up quite a bit from the previous quarter. They may have spent it all on hookers and blow already.
View Quote

Spending is up due to hiring/ramping up, new office space in both Redmond and Germany. <-- This does NOT look like hookers and blow to me.

So what's the secret meeting about?
If you can believe StockTwits and Redddit there are prepared remarks, a slide presentation, and a Q&A session.
No NDAs for participants to sign.
And again if you believe them it will NOT be bad news - bringing in trusted LTLs on their own dime is NOT how you break bad news.

So what could it be?

• Order from BMW/VAG/???

• Sharp display new product

• MSFT NED buyout

• Revenue expectations bump from MSFT H2 & close out of the open ATM (my money is here maybe NOT an ATM close out)

• New NED partner/order for Metaverse (Meta, the googs, NVDA, Asspple, Samsung, name your participant

• {Place your branded/unbranded hopium here}

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 11:13:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Total, I like your post.  Seriously.

I’ve been jaded lately with MVIS.  I’d like to say there’s something in the air, though.  Really looking forward to 1/7.

Not selling and call contracts on MVIS until after that date.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I put in an order for Mavis at 5:04 a share limit. What happens if it doesn't reach that low?
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 11:21:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Spending is up due to hiring/ramping up, new office space in both Redmond and Germany. <-- This does NOT look like hookers and blow to me.

If you can believe StockTwits and Redddit there are prepared remarks, a slide presentation, and a Q&A session.
And again if you believe them it will NOT be bad news - bringing in trusted LTLs on their own dime is NOT how you break bad news.

So what could it be?

• Order from BMW/VAG/???

• MSFT NED buyout

• Revenue expectations bump from MSFT H2 & close out of the open ATM (my money is here maybe NOT an ATM close out)

• New NED partner/order for Metaverse (Meta, the googs, NVDA, Asspple, Samsung, name your participant

View All Quotes

So what could it be?

• Order from BMW/VAG/???

• MSFT NED buyout

I realize why the spending is up. I just a little sour about the last 6 months.

I'm not sure what will be said during the meeting, but as mentioned, they can't tell them anything new unless of course they break the news prior to the meeting. If I had to guess, it's just more profound optimism. I have been somewhat hoping that they pay off their MSFT obligations on the advance and start bringing in actual income, though it seems they don't make much off of it. With the deliveries of IVAS, this is a real possibility.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 11:22:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#7]
Originally Posted By patchouli:
I put in an order for Mavis at 5:04 a share limit. What happens if it doesn't reach that low?
View Quote

It expires and you don’t buy the shares.  

The expiration date...  did you set it for today? Good until canceled?

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 11:24:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By patchouli:
View Quote

If you set it for the day, order is cancelled, nothing happens.  You can also place the order "GTC" or good til canceled. In that case, it will stay in effect until you cancel or it fills (up to a certain point, usually several months).
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 11:29:31 AM EDT
[#9]
This is sort of interesting.  It appears to have caused the share price to dive by 8%, could be an opportunity.

BFRI

iBofrontera Announces Reduction Of Biofrontera AG Shareholding To Less Than 50% Through Warrant Exercises
8:45 am ET December 30, 2021 (Benzinga) Print

Biofrontera Inc. (NASDAQ:BFRI), a biopharmaceutical company specializing in the commercialization of dermatological products, announced that through the exercise of outstanding warrants the majority ownership of Biofrontera AG was diluted below 50%. Biofrontera AG's shareholding in Biofrontera Inc. of 8,000,000 shares is unchanged, but now represents approximately 47% of the currently outstanding shares. As a result, Biofrontera Inc. is no longer considered a subsidiary of Biofrontera AG.

Biofrontera Inc.'s common stock and warrants are traded on the Nasdaq Capital Market under the ticker symbols "BFRI" and "BFRIW," respectively.

Not affected by this will be Biofrontera AG's position as Licensor for the license and supply agreement (LSA) with Biofrontera Inc, which provides the latter with the exclusive rights to market and sell Ameluz® and the PDT-lamps BF-RhodoLED® and RhodoLED XL in the United States.

Erica Monaco, CEO of Biofrontera Inc. states: "Reducing Biofrontera AG's shareholding below 50% represents a major milestone in the development of Biofrontera Inc. towards a stand-alone entity that is independent of its former parent company."
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 11:37:04 AM EDT
[#10]

If you set it for the day, order is cancelled, nothing happens.  You can also place the order "GTC" or good til canceled. In that case, it will stay in effect until you cancel or it fills (up to a certain point, usually several months).
View Quote

The problem with GTC, unless with somebody like Vanguard that doesn't trade outside of NYSE hours, is if it all goes to shit you buy at 4AM and it's worth half what you paid at 9:30. I did that with some preferred stock back in 2008. Bought 200 shares while I slept for about $4 and it finished the day under $2. Glad it was only 200 shares. Pity that NG supplier went BK 13 years ago, it'd be rolling in the money if it were in business today.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 11:44:54 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Oh yeah, it said "day" or something.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:06:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
I'm getting freaking pissed.

I went from being able to pay off my house with profits to having lost money.  I got in early, but I bought more all the way up to $20.

What I get for being greedy.  
View Quote

You are in the same boat as many here.
I bought in initially in the $1 range (a few hundred shares) and sold it all off in the first $5 range. Made a few hundred there.
I started buying again at ~$8, and have bought as high as $26 (ouch, luckily only about 100 shares at that price) with an average cost is just over $12/share for 1500 shares. Lost over $10,000 on paper as of right now (most of that is my "free" Trump and Brandon Bucks).

I have another buy set for 200 shares if it hits $5. I debated setting it for $5.50, but decided to stay firm on $5 as my next buy in.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

Or something like that.
View All Quotes
Ask not what MAVIS can do for you but what you can do for MAVIS!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/512051/mavis-today-2221753.jpg

Or something like that.

'Do unto others before they do unto you...."
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:12:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

'Do unto others before they do unto you...."
View Quote

Dick Nixon before he dicks you!
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#15]
More and more consensus that this may be a push to sell NED at a price that some of the LTL/whales aren't going to like.

Went back and did some more reading last night...sometimes large contracts require the  supplier to have a substantial cash reserve (or investment in the actual manufacturing facility). It's entirely possible one of the automotive majors is setting a requirement, and MVIS is looking to divest the LBS display vertical to fund it. I'd bet money Microsoft has a standing offer that's been dismissed in the past that's come back into consideration.

What if the sale doesn't include a dividend, and they want to plow every penny back into the business? That would drive this confab, I'm thinking, because the shareholders aren't going to be pleased unless the very specific details of the Lidar contract are made public...and that may not be possible.

This is all wild speculation, but it's feasible.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Am I looking at this right?

MVIS volume was ~2 million over average and dropped %5? WTF?

https://media.giphy.com/media/XfscfDBqRiwUPP0mkv/giphy.gif
View Quote

Years ago I got involved with a stock named CMKX. We used to see that kind of shit every day. Learned just how counterfeit the system is. Lost my ass and never had the guts to get involved again. I suck at investing...
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:33:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BM-ARM-DPMS-guns] [#17]
Missed the bottom this morning but added another 1k MVIS @ 5.38. Another 1k to get to my 150k goal. Freed up some funds to do this so we'll see how the day goes.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:35:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#18]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
More and more consensus that this may be a push to sell NED at a price that some of the LTL/whales aren't going to like.

Went back and did some more reading last night...sometimes large contracts require the  supplier to have a substantial cash reserve (or investment in the actual manufacturing facility). It's entirely possible one of the automotive majors is setting a requirement, and MVIS is looking to divest the LBS display vertical to fund it. I'd bet money Microsoft has a standing offer that's been dismissed in the past that's come back into consideration.

What if the sale doesn't include a dividend, and they want to plow every penny back into the business? That would drive this confab, I'm thinking, because the shareholders aren't going to be pleased unless the very specific details of the Lidar contract are made public...and that may not be possible.

View Quote

Dammit, I hope that’s not the case.  

If it is, it’ll be explained as a means for the company to stay afloat, “in the best interest for the shareholder”...”for the next 2-3 years”...”at which time LiDAR will be relevant”.

Thing is, how are the other five big players able to stay afloat?  Product?  We’re in more than one arena, not just LiDAR.  We have a product or two out there, but keep up the cash burn.  Majority of material research is done, just mostly software now, so why so much burn?

I guess it’s like the game Monopoly.  Gotta buy up all those properties to corner the market?  If that’s the case, I hope the gamble pays off before we owe the bank.

If it truly is because we have a prospective LiDAR deal out there, it better be a damn good one and a damn for sure.  Thing is, nobody will know before it’s too late if it’s a shit deal, while the share price continues to sink.  Man, I thought it was difficult holding now.  Imagine over the next 2+ years with a downward trend.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:42:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

If they ask for an additional dilution to raise cash…well that would be a no. If we have a choice that is.
View Quote

The last dilution is still open.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:
Missed the bottom this morning but added another 1k MVIS @ 5.38. Another 1k to get to my 150k goal. Freed up some funds to do this so we'll see how the day goes.
View Quote

I just set my buys for a nickel or so above the next lower support and said fuck it. They'll either hit or they won't.

Am taking off later today to go late season deer hunting for a few days, weather's gonna screw me but so what.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

View Quote

MVIS is getting paid absolute peanuts for their Hololens part, quarter after quarter of essentially zero revenue while tons of HL2s are going out from MSFT has proven that. Wouldn't surprise me to learn the MSFT has an exclusive contract on that tech and MVIS is looking to offload it and be done with it. Better be at least 3 commas in the price though.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:15:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By snakes19:

MVIS is getting paid absolute peanuts for their Hololens part, quarter after quarter of essentially zero revenue while tons of HL2s are going out from MSFT has proven that. Wouldn't surprise me to learn the MSFT has an exclusive contract on that tech and MVIS is looking to offload it and be done with it. Better be at least 3 commas in the price though.
View Quote

This is certainly an issue and there doesn't seem to be any transparency on the part of MSFT. I get it being somewhat cut-throat business and all but what kind of shit-stain company wants a another to go out of business.
It's not even a thought that MVIS would ever be a competitor to MSFT.
These "to big to fail" evil mindless corporations just piss me off.

This is why I dislike Billy Pedo Gates, Warren Ishouldpaymoretaxes Buffae, Mark Cesar Zuckersucker, and that Bezos clown.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:35:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#23]
INVZ bringing the heat at CES.

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By MrZeat:

Unless the kid has "earned income" he can't contribute to an IRA. If he does, you can set up a custodial account and essentially manage it for them until they're 18.
View Quote

Yea i dont have kids but plan to soon. Always wondered about that earned income. Always wondered true application like do people just open roths and load them up each year without real hassle (essentially disregarding earned income clause)

I was under the impression the only real way to get an investment account or sorts for my future kids would be to open a 529 and after college/trade school/military  whatever’s left over can be rolled into their own adult non custodial investment account (roth).
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:01:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Stay Positive my Friends. Im in all the way, Im going down with the ship or to the Moon.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:02:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By TheTech-1:

Yea i dont have kids but plan to soon. Always wondered about that earned income. Always wondered true application like do people just open roths and load them up each year without real hassle (essentially disregarding earned income clause)

I was under the impression the only real way to get an investment account or sorts for my future kids would be to open a 529 and after college/trade school/military  whatever’s left over can be rolled into their own adult non custodial investment account (roth).
View All Quotes

Unless the kid has "earned income" he can't contribute to an IRA. If he does, you can set up a custodial account and essentially manage it for them until they're 18.

Child does need earned income for an IRA - for  a spouse you can get by without any earned income via a spousal IRA based on some parameters.  For a child with earned income you can only fund it up to the amount of the earned income.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#27]
INVZ bringing the heat at CES.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KeilafOmer/status/1476591681705320458
View Quote

That’s laggy as fuck, we have to be better than this scam artist.

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:06:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Tango:
Stay Positive my Friends. Im in all the way, Im going down with the ship or to the Moon.
https://i.imgur.com/wvLsbOj.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:12:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#29]

We really are. Wonder how much collectively our cost basis is? Is there going to be group therapy meetings for us if this all goes south?
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:13:34 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes

https://c.tenor.com/YmwcCHUNjlwAAAAj/were-all-in-this-together-stan-marsh.gif

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#31]

We really are. Wonder how much collectively our cost basis is? Is there going to be group therapy meetings for us if this all goes south?
View Quote

Probably a lot higher than anyone would care to admit.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:16:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Is there a post on reddit about this mvis meeting?  I scanned through the last 4 days on post and didn't see anything.... wanting to skim over what's known
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:16:26 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:18:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#34]
Yeah eff this Omer guy. This is why I like Sumit. He is a humble and focused dude. You don't see him smack talking on Twitter.

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#35]
My account looks pretty green today. Hope this holds up. I don't own TSLA but even after the recall notice, price rebounded and is up overall.

I bought back 2 of my bbig calls at $2/ each just incase it makes a run to $3 by tomorrow. I wish they would announce the damn spinoff already.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:22:09 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Sitting right next to you…or preferably your avatar.  :)

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:24:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Yeah eff this Omer guy. This is why I like Sumit. He is a humble and focused dude. You don't see him smack talking on Twitter.

https://i.ibb.co/0nxNxF3/Screenshot-20211230-131713-Chrome.jpg
View Quote

Probably with our fucking tech, from rumors I’ve heard.

Disclaimer:  this isn’t anti-Semitic.  I love our Jewish brethren...unless they steal.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By goodasgone81:
Is there a post on reddit about this mvis meeting?  I scanned through the last 4 days on post and didn't see anything.... wanting to skim over what's known
View Quote

Not sure about reddit, here's the link to stonktwats.

https://stocktwits.com/wwtech/message/421359316
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:26:40 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

You could open a non qualified broker account for a child, of course - a custodial acct and certainly a 529 but I would consider all options before the 529.  Regarding college, prepaid tuition programs are far superior in my book, for example.  You could probably start an IRA under your name (if eligible) or a spouse even and then  gift that to a child when they are of age, keeping in mind the $15K gift allowance per year - but this might be so complicated the cost outweighs the benefits.  Another idea is life insurance - if you start a modest plan at birth you could tap into that later as needed or transfer ownership to your child at age 20, etc.  .   Otherwise any place you start stashing money away for a child is a step in the right direction.  You can reposition those funds later as you find better options,  the most important part is to just start saving something somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:27:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Here's for an afternoon rally!

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:31:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Just catching up from having been out of circulation for a bit due to some family issues and Christmas.

Glad I left some powder dry from my exiting of SENS.  Rolled that over into another 1500 MVIS in the $5.50 range..... and then it dips more.

I'm at about 27,000 shares now but pretty well in the red as most was bought with a IRA roll over in the teens as we were moving up.  (As opposed to the positive climb we are on now with a negative inclination.)

CES and this standards setting committee I think will be a definite positive for MVIS.  Once there is a standard out there it will be nice to see the marketing people try to spin this for each company.  It should end up with MVIS stating they are 87% compliant already and expecting to be over 95% there by end of 2022.  Then all the other LIDAR folks making the squishy statements like " we are meeting over half of the requirements and fully expect to be exceeding the standards as our partnerships expand with XXXX and YYYY auto companies!!!"  
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#43]

Not sure about reddit, here's the link to stonktwats.

https://stocktwits.com/wwtech/message/421359316
View Quote

Thanks.... so really not much there, can be hopeful but not too much information to go on
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:52:58 PM EDT
[#44]

https://i.ibb.co/0nxNxF3/Screenshot-20211230-131713-Chrome.jpg
View Quote

Just an FYI, all of those guys are folks from the Discord and are talking shit about Omar.

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:53:46 PM EDT
[#45]

Probably with our fucking tech, from rumors I’ve heard.
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/961/001/fcb.gif

Disclaimer:  this isn’t anti-Semitic.  I love our Jewish brethren...unless they steal.
View Quote

Perhaps Omar is the Mossad?  
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:54:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wyomingnick] [#46]
Originally Posted By Tim_AZ:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tim_AZ:

Mine is around $12.90. 1500 shares so down about 11k.

I made 7-8k taking some profits mostly in the April run up and 2k selling calls so I would be pretty close to breaking even if I dumped it and walked away. Still sucks looking at that current 11k red though. I hope it comes back.

I'd certainly be curious about anyone elses basis if they care to share, it is nice seeing a lot of us are in the same boat.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

If you take all the money I've put into MVIS, subtract all the money I've received from MVIS options, and divide by the number of shares in my possession, I think it's in the low 8s. Since it's a non-taxable account, I'm not tracking basis on shares, just my total investment success or failure.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 3:02:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PepePewPew] [#48]

View Quote

I suspect if an account is reporting 5498 contributions, the account owner's SSN needs to be on a married return or paying into Social Security or it'll generate a  compliance letter. Or filing a schedule SE with FICA exemption claiming clergy/Amish or whatever.

It's easier as a business owner. Then you just pay the kid to sweep the floors and give him a W2, and he either opens an IRA or participates in your retirement system.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 3:05:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrZeat] [#49]

View All Quotes

There are a number of investment options for kids, but first if you plan to ever send them to any sort of college or school, you should probably fund a 529 or similar plan. Usually restricted to selected investment funds though. My kids have accounts at Fidelity. Tax free growth as long as spent on tuition, books, etc, can be transferred between kids, and a few other useful options. I like this because the money actually benefits them in the next 20 years.

Funding the kids retirement is interesting as it may not be able to be used for another 60 years, but that's a lot of compounded growth to save taxes on as well and can be a great gift for your kids later life.

You can also just have a plain taxable account, no taxes as long as you don't sell. Can be a good way to use up the annual gift limits from the IRS to fund them for your kids. When/if they do sell in their late teens or 20s, their tax brackets should be low enough that ltcg shouldn't kill them too much, or saved until they buy a house or whatever you're trying to fund for them. Unfortunately not much you can do to stop them from raiding it the moment they turn 18 in these types of accounts usually.... If you want that, then you start getting in to trust fund stuff. Not my expertise.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 3:10:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Am I reading this right? Someone thinks SENS will be a $10 stock 12 months from now?

It's up today because of this maybe.

Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top