Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1713
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:21:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tim_AZ] [#1]
Just placed my last buy order for the year on the big DPLS gamble finishing out at 201,792 shares.  Maybe I'll go buy a powerball ticket and buy a controlling interest in the company next year!
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

I think if something meaningful/positive doesn't come out of CES, Summit is in trouble.  Opportunity cost has got to be weighing heavily on many of the big investors.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Tim_AZ:
Just placed my last buy order for the year on the big DPLS gamble finishing out at 201,792 shares.  Maybe I'll go buy a powerball ticket and buy a controlling interest in the company next year!
View Quote

Nice work!  I ended with 50k.  I probably should buy 10k more while it's at .06.  Hopefully a nice bump on Monday with psychos filling their Roths with penny stocks
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 2:15:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Jarcese:

Nice work!  I ended with 50k.  I probably should buy 10k more while it's at .06.  Hopefully a nice bump on Monday with psychos filling their Roths with penny stocks
View Quote

How'd you know?!
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 2:26:36 PM EDT
[#6]
BBIG shitting the bed out of the gate. Again. I'd be dumping it too if I wasn't so dumb and stubborn.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 2:30:43 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I have 4100 with a cost basis of ten cents. I need to buy more just to keep up.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#8]
BBIG is in a race with MVIS to go back to being a penny stock

Up to 25,000 shares of DPLS at $.09/share so hopefully that does something
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By myfakename:
BBIG shitting the bed out of the gate. Again. I'd be dumping it too if I wasn't so dumb and stubborn.
View Quote

Doing normal BBIG things. Burning theta.  I rolled some of my calls down and in to next week.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 3:34:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#10]
View All Quotes

Two things. What are the chances we pull out of CES based on this guy's inquiry with IR?

I just received an email from IR regarding my request to attend the CES investor meeting:

"Thanks for reaching out. CES is rapidly evolving due to the COVID-19 variant. Stay tuned for an update."

Then this little diddly.

If we don't get something really big, I'd support getting retail shareholders organized to see if we can't make a CEO change. He's spending money like a drunken sailor, new leases, new hires, new marketing team (that's not marketing) all the while sitting quietly watching the share price lose 80% of its value in 6 months. I don't understand why more people on this board don't demand more visibility into what's going on.

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By NIevo:
BBIG is in a race with MVIS to go back to being a penny stock

Up to 25,000 shares of DPLS at $.09/share so hopefully that does something
View Quote

I keep upping my limit buys of mvis @ $5

Gonna go ahead and throw dpls @ .045 just a small junk pink sheet buy in so if it all comes in as a scam due to scammy ceo uber maniacal tweet machine then i dont lose much.

No more millions of shares on pink sheets anymore. 2022 will be back to strong, steady high quality for me. Pink sheet garbage lotto ticket will be only tiny buy ins.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

Doing normal BBIG things. Burning theta.  I rolled some of my calls down and in to next week.
View Quote

If bbig doesn’t come through with an announcement i just cant see why ppl would still hold? Id imagine a huge dump/sell off without any announcement or anything to guide investors as to where they are. We were supposed to have activity by December, here we are. Have people forgotten or what?
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 4:02:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Just a random thread fun fact.... I went and double checked this thread was at page 178 to start 2021... it's looking to end 2021 on 1178 or 79
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:

Two things. What are the chances we pull out of CES based on this guy's inquiry with IR?

Then this little diddly.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/04344d273334cdabf87b5f52129f555a/tenor.gif

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#15]
let's see if MVIS dips to $5 or below

getting close

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Fantomas:

getting close

View Quote

My 5.04 limit buy order didnt go through yesterday.  Today it does.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 4:55:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By patchouli:

View All Quotes

getting close

it dipped to $5.02

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 4:55:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tim_AZ] [#18]

it dipped to $5.02

View Quote

That's because I have an order at 5.01.  Well it hit.  Yay I guess?
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 5:03:04 PM EDT
[#19]

That's because I have an order at 5.01.  Well it hit.  Yay I guess?
View Quote

Buy low sell hi
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Buy low sell hi
View Quote

That's not really how we do things here.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#21]
$5.01 fuck me
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 5:12:49 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm up 99 cents on unql. Everything else red.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 5:14:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChicagoFoodie] [#23]
Press Conference Webcast Jan5, 2022 at 11am PST
[4:10 PM]
A PRESS CONFERENCE?

CES us now Virtual, what the fuck.

Press Conference Webcast on January 5, 2022 at 11:00am PT

The Company will host a webcast consisting of prepared remarks by Sumit Sharma, Chief Executive Officer, along with a slide presentation and a question-and-answer session at 11:00am PT (2:00pm ET) on Wednesday, January 5, 2022 to demonstrate the Company's automotive sensor technology. The media may pose questions for management during this live webcast on January 5, 2022.

The live webcast and slide presentation, once posted, can be accessed on the Company's Investors webpage under the Events & Presentations tab at https://ir.microvision.com/events-presentations. The webcast will be archived on the website for future viewing.

Investment Community Informal Webcast on January 5, 2022 at 2:00pm PT

The Company will host a webcast consisting of prepared remarks by Sumit Sharma, Chief Executive Officer, and Anubhav Verma, Chief Financial Officer, along with a slide presentation and a question-and-answer session at 2:00pm PT (5:00pm ET) on Wednesday, January 5, 2022 to review the Company's priorities and demonstrate its automotive sensor technology. Analysts and investors may pose questions for management during this live webcast on January 5, 2022.

The live webcast and slide presentation, once posted, can be accessed on the Company's Investors webpage under the Events & Presentations tab at https://ir.microvision.com/events-presentations. The webcast will be archived on the website for future viewing.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 5:22:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Seems like if the NASDAQ is done even one point mvis is getting slaughtered
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By evo7011:
Press Conference Webcast Jan5, 2022 at 11am PST
[4:10 PM]
A PRESS CONFERENCE?

CES us now Virtual, what the fuck.

Press Conference Webcast on January 5, 2022 at 11:00am PT

The Company will host a webcast consisting of prepared remarks by Sumit Sharma, Chief Executive Officer, along with a slide presentation and a question-and-answer session at 11:00am PT (2:00pm ET) on Wednesday, January 5, 2022 to demonstrate the Company's automotive sensor technology. The media may pose questions for management during this live webcast on January 5, 2022.

Investment Community Informal Webcast on January 5, 2022 at 2:00pm PT

The Company will host a webcast consisting of prepared remarks by Sumit Sharma, Chief Executive Officer, and Anubhav Verma, Chief Financial Officer, along with a slide presentation and a question-and-answer session at 2:00pm PT (5:00pm ET) on Wednesday, January 5, 2022 to review the Company's priorities and demonstrate its automotive sensor technology. Analysts and investors may pose questions for management during this live webcast on January 5, 2022.

View Quote

Fuck...
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 5:43:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#26]
So, CES is still on for January 5-7 for in-person attendees.  This is as of right now, but the situation had been very dynamic over the last few days.  Mr. Negativity in me says it may very well be restricted even further, and most certainly more presenters will drop out.

I'm not reading anywhere that MicroVision in-person representation has changed, just that they're going to host two virtual meetings on the 5th.  One for press and one a few hours later for "investors".  

I'm sure they can very well unpack their bags and not even show...I wouldn't put it past MicroVision to cancel in-person representation, we've all seen there LinkedIn and Twitter photos with everyone masked up.

Mr. Positivity in me says don't worry, they'll attend the 5th through the 7th.  They really need to, it will look good and damn do they need to try their best to look good because EVERY. FUCKING. TIME. shit has fallen through over the last year.

EDIT:  Oh yeah, fuck Cchina and anyone that doesn't hold them responsible for the shit they've placed on the world.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#27]
This is now, down right depressing.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 5:49:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#28]

Then this little diddly.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/04344d273334cdabf87b5f52129f555a/tenor.gif

View Quote

Picked up 2K more shares at $5.05. That's $50K give or take this week, I'll probably settle back now and see how this web cast shakes out. If it's a no-news event and we do move lower I may go back in.

That call-to-arms is almost certainly a short. They have a whole playbook of that kind of stuff. Unfortunately it resonates with the new "instant gratification" investor. Takes a little while to figure out the CEOs with an unrelenting presence on social media haven't fared much, if any, better in the speculative tech sector.

Be interesting to see who else has pulled out in the last day or so. Maybe somebody we were targeting isn't coming, and Sumit decided the juice from handing out swag to hung-over conventioneers wasn't worth the squeeze.

BTW, I don't think Microvision has ever done a "press conference". Just a turn of phrase from the new marketing guy??? I tend to think of press conferences as a place where stuff gets announced, but again it may just be semantics. The timing is interesting, though. Press conference at 11:00, with the investor huddle at 2:00. It still sounds like we're going to get some "color" on whatever is being touted, possibly with an eye to either gauging investor sentiment or trying to influence it early...before the vote.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Info scrubbed from Discord.

MVIS response to an investors question about the current price and the ATM:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 6:42:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CajunMojo] [#30]
New IR DGAF.

ETA: You left this one off.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:32:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#31]
They’re taking hits, and aren’t too happy about it.  I’m okay with it at this point.  I’m also glad they’re shooting back.

The silence, vague comments and repetitive statements of past several months have really gotten old.  

Yeah I have a slight twinkling left that it’s indicative of something big, but we’ve all seen how that’s played out over the last year and a half.  The ONLY thing that came out positive was when Dave Allen told one of the redditors to “call me after the ER” (I think it was Q1 21).  That resulted in a short-term spike but it sure as hell didn’t do anything for the longs...the “investors”.

Time for something new from MicroVision.  I’ll take them starting to get pissy and rebutting as something better than the same old same old.  

C’mon 2022.

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:33:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m6z] [#32]
1377 MVIS @ $14.18 average.

1117 BIGG @ $4.46 average

FML, I think I'd be better off just lighting cash on 🔥 at this point.

I'm going to eat some pizza and enjoy a Goose Island Bourbon barrel stout.

I wish you all happy new year.  Here's to 2022 making us all rich!  
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:49:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m3tric] [#33]

I have 12k @ $15.03

I want to get to 15k - but my buys have not hit - set @ $4.98

I see it dipped to $5.07 today

will see if those hit - if not that's fine

so as of today right now I am down 64.50%

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/222783/1AE461C0-EF3A-4E25-9395-CE0928C94243_jpe-2222058.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

We really are. Wonder how much collectively our cost basis is? Is there going to be group therapy meetings for us if this all goes south?

Probably a lot higher than anyone would care to admit.

Mine is around $12.90. 1500 shares so down about 11k.

I made 7-8k taking some profits mostly in the April run up and 2k selling calls so I would be pretty close to breaking even if I dumped it and walked away. Still sucks looking at that current 11k red though. I hope it comes back.

I'd certainly be curious about anyone elses basis if they care to share, it is nice seeing a lot of us are in the same boat.

I have 12k @ $15.03

I want to get to 15k - but my buys have not hit - set @ $4.98

I see it dipped to $5.07 today

will see if those hit - if not that's fine

so as of today right now I am down 64.50%

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/222783/1AE461C0-EF3A-4E25-9395-CE0928C94243_jpe-2222058.jpg

I’ll chime in too. 2200 shares MVIS @ 11.63 here. So down about 57% ($14.5k) as of now. Contemplating dumping more in but not sure that we’ve actually hit bottom yet.

Thought about selling at a loss before year end but realized I bought some shares on early Dec so would have been a wash sale. Oh well, I’ll wait to see what happens the next few months. Probably get to an even 2500 or 3000 shares if it sticks around 5.00
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#34]
I had adjusted my 3k buy to $5 but just checked and it did not hit - low was $5.01

will see what next week will bring

Happy New Year

Prost!!!

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:
They’re taking hits, and aren’t too happy about it.  I’m okay with it at this point.  I’m also glad they’re shooting back.

The silence, vague comments and repetitive statements of past several months have really gotten old.  

Yeah I have a slight twinkling left that it’s indicative of something big, but we’ve all seen how that’s played out over the last year and a half.  The ONLY thing that came out positive was when Dave Allen told one of the redditors to “call me after the ER” (I think it was Q1 21).  That resulted in a short-term spike but it sure as hell didn’t do anything for the longs...the “investors”.

Time for something new from MicroVision.  I’ll take them starting to get pissy and rebutting as something better than the same old same old.  

C’mon 2022.

View Quote

Basically amounted to them naming MSFT as their customer. Short term price spike, then everyone apparently remembered: Hey, we knew that already.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Bbag is teh suck. Down 72% in my account. By far the worse stock I have wasted money on. But I did have fun selling calls on it when it was volatile. Recently, not so much. Come on 2022!!!! Wash this stink out of my account.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TheTech-1:

If bbig doesn’t come through with an announcement i just cant see why ppl would still hold? Id imagine a huge dump/sell off without any announcement or anything to guide investors as to where they are. We were supposed to have activity by December, here we are. Have people forgotten or what?
View Quote

There is a lot of action to hold it at this level.   It's such a manipulated stock.  

It seems like there is going to be some manipulation soon to draw more people back in.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#38]

There is a lot of action to hold it at this level.   It's such a manipulated stock.  

It seems like there is going to be some manipulation soon to draw more people back in.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheTech-1:

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:38:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#39]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

V6, I got a good chuckle out of this, thanks. We looked at a house in the Idaho Club (gated golf community) that had one of those seven foot tall, 48 inch Thermador fridge/freezers. It was 15 years old, and like we do with every house we've bought, we started pricing out appliance replacement (worse case scenario planning).

That particular appliance was just shy of $13,000, and that was a year ago.  God knows what it would cost you today.

I know you didn't literally mean $1,000, it just struck me as funny. I made a comment about buying a new jet ski once, because they were "much cheaper than a boat". Well, they are, but when my wife asked me what one cost I ballparked four or five thousand dollars. Haven't heard the end of that since.

View Quote

You're right, I meant to say thousands or tens of thousands. I blame my baby brain. I really don't know whether I'm coming or going lately and think I'm pretty close to a mental breakdown with a week old newborn fussing and a toddler running amok

Still, she's a vile, vile creature. Oh well, it's likely the jealous side of me wishing I had gourmet ice creams. Instead I'm over here eating hoodsies like a poor

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:54:47 PM EDT
[#40]
I’ll play too.

2021 MVIS holdings in review:

56,434 current shares (48,810 are LTCG shares) at an average cost basis of $3.68 on current holdings.

Current holding are from .28 per share all the way up to $21.52 per share.

My unrealized gains are $74,814.35, and it pains me to think I could have cashed out and been an MVIS millionaire earlier this year.

Day Tradeed MVIS Shares:
:
Mid year I began day trading a different batch of shares not included in the above numbers, these were some of my higher-cost basis short term shares, along with a few of my LTCG shares.

On these I’ve realized $14,038.16 in STCG (short term capital gains).  $3,520.48 in LTCG (long term capital gains)

MVIS Options (selling CALL and PUT contracts):

I’ve realized $3,942.00 on selling CALLS and PUTS.  I would have realized a substantial amount more, but I took a bath on several PUT contract sales and had to roll many out multiple times.  There’s still quite a lot of unrealized gains on those rolls, but they’re into 2022 so I’m not including those in the above options numbers.  With the way MVIS had been trending, I very much predict I will need to roll those again.

I’ve been quite conservative on the shares I sell contracts on, and on the strike price of those contracts.  None of my shares were ever at a point of being called away.  100% call contract profits.  But damn those puts.

I could have made tens of thousands looking back at the year if I would have been more aggressive.  Some here have made a killing on MVIS call options.  Ryan Esstac is one of those guys.

This is a reminder.  If you haven’t started trading options and you have a lot of shares, it’s in your best interest to look into it.

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:04:16 PM EDT
[#41]

I'm holding strong. It will either go up or it won't.  But I rolled some calls in and down to free up shares next week.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:09:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Usernames] [#42]
Attachment Attached File

Is this one of us?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#43]
V6 wait till 10 years from now; your third kid(that your wife talked you into after deciding 2 was enough) just got out of a car seat and you were about to travel the world.

Life is good you feel like you semi figured out how to be a dad. THEN booooom your wife is pregnant with number 4 and your 12 year old daughter thinks she is 20 and wants a cell phone and walks out in hoochie shorts and a belly shirt. When you think you are done get a vasectomy, trust me.  

Anyhow I’ll share some more since we are comparing bags.

15942 shares between 3 accounts; 2 Roth, and 1 HSA with an average of 6.22 between the 3. If start drinking I’ll do the math and drink more. I believe I’m negative only because I have averaged up consistently buying the dip.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:27:29 PM EDT
[#44]

He sold his house and bought less than 10k shares? What did he live in, a trailer?
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:41:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#45]
I was wrong, it IS completely virtual.

They’ve pulled out any in-person attendance.  

Like I stated before, I could totally see this coming with how they virtue signaling in photos with their employees wearing masks in completely safe photos.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:59:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

He sold his house and bought less than 10k shares? What did he live in, a trailer?
View All Quotes

His basis is around 16 bucks IIRC.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:
New IR DGAF.

ETA: You left this one off.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59505/00_jpg-2223549.JPG
View Quote

This crap reminds me of amc’s ceo and the disconnect between himself and the shareholders.
Some may know some may not so ill try to keep it brief.

Amc is/was trash and ready to close doors, before corona. Corona hit, ppl got locked home with nothing to do and magically became investors. They grouped together like apes and bought up amc stock cause squeeze after squeeze and shored up the company when it should have been closing all of it’s doors. After bringing amc to stable ground the investors heard the ceo wanted to issue new shares “dilute”. The newfound investors were not happy and voiced their opinions to the ceo saying in effect “hey we bailed you out, dont dilute us!” The ceo’s stance was very very similar to the graphic posted above, his stance was almost like he was teaching the unprofessional retail investors that the added cash would be great for amc and amc could do so much with the extra cash yadda yadda. (Yea cuz amc has done such amazing things with any cash that they’ve had access to! 🙄)  

Eventually the ceo got the point however that shareholders would not see eye to eye with him on any supposed value and or strength the extra cash would bring to the company and he cancelled the idea of issuing new shares. Shareholders rejoiced, held their shares, bought more and yadda yadda.

Ladies and gents we are at a very similar point with a very tone deaf board and ceo. You have to wish they have your best interest at heart but wtf man, we have boatloads of cash in our coffers. How much more do we need, and why?! Blank checks and all that bullshit wreaks of pink sheet mismanaged garbage.

Anyway my $5 buys didnt hit but im sure they will next week and at that point ill continue at Average down, perhaps in .25 increments.

Want some good news?
Bimmer having an announcement same time as us 😎
Attachment Attached File

Happy new year to all! 🥳
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Oh. I thought he was an early adopter. My bad.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 10:42:38 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Ouch
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 11:04:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By wilmermj:
V6 wait till 10 years from now; your third kid(that your wife talked you into after deciding 2 was enough) just got out of a car seat and you were about to travel the world.

Life is good you feel like you semi figured out how to be a dad. THEN booooom your wife is pregnant with number 4 and your 12 year old daughter thinks she is 20 and wants a cell phone and walks out in hoochie shorts and a belly shirt. When you think you are done get a vasectomy, trust me.  
View Quote

Wife and I literally just had this convo. I told her in no uncertain terms I'm done having kids. She seems to think she is some goddess of seduction that will mesmerize me into wanting another kid.
Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top