BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1713
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 9:55:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

I assume your put spread gained more than your call spread lost?
View Quote

Up $15k on my $335p, down $13k on my $325p.  Hoping to close the $325p on a bounce (there must be a bounce right?)

I understand they lost some subscribers, but it is currently at the 12/2018 low.  I mean really?
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By war86:

Up $15k on my $335p, down $13k on my $325p.  Hoping to close the $325p on a bounce (there must be a bounce right?)

I understand they lost some subscribers, but it is currently at the 12/2018 low.  I mean really?
View Quote

So you're up a couple k there. Did you lose 1.5k or less on the calls?

Maybe you'll get lucky and somebody will exercise the 325p early.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Bought another 8,000 of MVIS at 3.28.  Holding 80,000 now.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By cmsnare:

A couple of observations about the PRSUs.

1.  This type of award is becoming increasingly standard for NEO/Executive equity compensation.  One unique piece that I saw in MVIS' proxy though, is that the three recipients have agreed to forgo any other long equity awards during the performance period - that's not something I've seen before.  Doesn't seem to exclude spot type share bonuses, but not sure there.

2.  I'll be really interested to see the fair value assigned to these awards.  Performance based equity awards that are contingent on the satisfaction of a market condition (anything tied to share price) are valued with a Monte Carlo simulation.  Once valued, unless the award is modified (contract terms changed), that is the value that the company expenses on its financial statements.  The Monte Carlo simulation is used to incorporate all theoretical outcomes and their probabilities including over and under performance of the target.  Due to the potential for over performance and thus additional shares being paid, the fair value from the simulation assigned and expensed to the awards is often higher than the grant date per share value.  By how much can possibly give some insight into the assumptions used in the model (which is predicting potential stock price paths).  Unfortunately, the disclosed fair values will be weighted across all tranches, but you could get a sense/try and model out a couple scenarios that the company and their consultants/legal used in anticipating share price movement.

3.  The proxy mentioned that the 6mm shares (at maximum payout) allocated to the PRSUs would not cause dilution if the price targets are not met and no shares are paid out.  That's accurate.  However, due to the above mentioned Monte Carlo simulation taking into account all possible outcomes, including the probability of no pay out at all, if the recipients meet the service condition of the awards (they stay employed through the vesting dates), yet the share price doesn't hit any thresholds, the company still has to take the expense for the awards.  Typically the awards are issued at target (2.4 mm shares by my math) and a fair value assigned.   Lets just say that it's $6 for arguments sake.  This means that even if no shares are paid, the company will take a share based compensation expense of $14.4mm for these awards.  Amortized over the next three years that's ~$1.2mm per quarter, which isn't the end of the world, but for a company with no significant revenue, it can make the reported numbers/EPS look worse.  I call this out because market based performance grants are different from other RSU/Option/Non-Market based performance awards, for which the company only recognizes expense for shares/options that actually vest.  Just something to keep an eye on.
View Quote

@cmsnare, geo wants to do a full R/MVIS thread on the proxy. May I send this to him privately? I can attribute it to you or not, as per your preference.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:18:47 AM EDT
[#5]
From unusual whales, on Twitter:
A trader took a huge $NFLX put position, buying +100k at ~$2 ask 7 days ago. The position had 4500 volume that day, 41 volume the day before, expiring in a month.

Likely made 1000%.

Clear unusual activity, called for free."

Nothing like leaking bad news to your buddies...
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:25:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I put in a 3.26 buy order on Miss Mavis and go for a walk.
Come back to find it hit 3.27 while I  was gone.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I put in a 3.26 buy order on Miss Mavis and go for a walk.
Come back to find it hit 3.27 while I  was gone.
View Quote

I originally put my buy in at $3.20.  Decided it was a bit low.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:53:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 13MIKE:

View Quote

Mine was 3.25. As I submitted it, I decided a penny more than a round number was better than a round number and changed it to 3.26.
Now watch MVIS go to $4 without ever breaching 3.30 again.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 11:02:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Mine was 3.25. As I submitted it, I decided a penny more than a round number was better than a round number and changed it to 3.26.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I put one in premarket at 3.39, then changed it to 3.43 as I had to go away for an hour. so missed the market open and of course bought it a bit high.  Doesn't matter in the scheme of things when Sharma pushes the price to $36 those couple of cents won't matter a bit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 11:19:44 AM EDT
[#10]
And there go any gains I made yesterday. I don't remember what seeing green 2 days in a row feels like.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 11:23:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 1969GTX:
And there go any gains I made yesterday. I don't remember what seeing green 2 days in a row feels like.
View Quote

Suddenly all shipping and most tech  is taking a dump
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 11:26:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

Suddenly all shipping and most tech  is taking a dump
View Quote

MVIS is missing out on the dump, but BBIG is back down where I bought it last week.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By wilmermj:

I also have a fancy ME bag. I’m just going to hold it forever at this point. It’s a long for me.
View Quote

Same, got into it at a good price, out of it, and then back into it at $$ and now just holding and poking it with a stick every now and then.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 11:34:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#14]
Originally Posted By Austin4130:

Same, got into it at a good price, out of it, and then back into it at $$ and now just holding and poking it with a stick every now and then.
View All Quotes

I also have a fancy ME bag. I’m just going to hold it forever at this point. It’s a long for me.

I can make you feel better.  In 2013/2014 I bought tens of thousands of shares of ERBB (weed craze happening).  It spiked up but I got greedy holding for more, and then the pump was done.  Next, they did a reverse split, like 10,000 for 1, and I ended up with 6 shares with cost basis of $43.  Still holding to this day and, not long ago I bought 25,000 more.  I keep this bag to remind me how long one can hold bags.  I still think something will come of it. they make a little progress here and there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
From unusual whales, on Twitter:
A trader took a huge $NFLX put position, buying +100k at ~$2 ask 7 days ago. The position had 4500 volume that day, 41 volume the day before, expiring in a month.

Likely made 1000%.

Clear unusual activity, called for free."

Nothing like leaking bad news to your buddies...
View Quote

Netflix CEO buying on his secret account.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 11:45:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By crownvic96:
Do you know what kind of sensor/implant she had? I've been a type 1 for decades and have had all the major pumps and CGM's and never had an issue going in the water with stuff. I just unhook my pump. CGM's just stay taped on. Now whether the tape holds if you do something stupid like jumping off the side of a boat and it goes to the bottom of the gulf of Mexico that's a totally different situation.
View Quote

Not sure.  She had a patch over it.   Maybe she was just worried about infection.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:14:23 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

She breached it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:17:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#18]
Ok, SHOP.  trending way down, maybe in conjunction with netflix. twilio?  @Oldno7 - any thoughts - pick up more?  It must have busted through a support, yes?  At 538, 52low is 510.

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:28:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oldno7] [#19]
Ok, SHOP.  trending way down, maybe in conjunction with netflix. twilio?  @Oldno7 - any thoughts - pick up more?  It must have busted through a support, yes?  At 538, 52low is 510.

View Quote

I sold MU 7 times on the first 5 min. bar. 50% of my shares.

I've used some of those funds to buy UPST, MVIS and yes--SHOP.(seems like a better buy here than your $580 earlier.)

MVIS is a buy for me here:

edit--I really think SHOP goes over $1000 if bidenomics would quit or at least pause but NO, we have to print and hand out more $$$$
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:42:36 PM EDT
[#20]

She breached it.
View Quote

But not breaching 3.27, even though it can hammer on 3.27 for nearly ten minutes straight.
Is there some huge hidden buy order at 3.27 that makes it impossible for me to buy at 3.26?
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#21]
I had my buy at 3.27 for 1K shares.  It got filled so now it will drop lower for your 3.26.  
Your welcome.  Lol.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:03:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By oldno7:

I've used some of those funds to buy UPST, MVIS and yes--SHOP.(seems like a better buy here than your $580 earlier.)

https://i.gyazo.com/b571713392ac6467e2df482f4a88b5b8.png

edit--I really think SHOP goes over $1000 if bidenomics would quit or at least pause but NO, we have to print and hand out more $$$$
View All Quotes

https://i.gyazo.com/b571713392ac6467e2df482f4a88b5b8.png

Nice.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By CTOWN5:
I had my buy at 3.27 for 1K shares.  It got filled so now it will drop lower for your 3.26.  
Your welcome.  Lol.
View Quote

It's unusual to fill that big of a lot @ the low.

Usually when price is hammering on a # like $3.27, today, I make smaller buys(less than 100) they have a much higher fill rate.

ie. buy 10 lots of 50 instead of 500, etc.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:15:37 PM EDT
[#24]
It filled over the process of 10 minutes in various size blocks.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:18:56 PM EDT
[#25]
From current levels and $510 low in SHOP, a 50% retrace gets us above $1100

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

So the big order that was supporting it at 3.27 from 12:22 to 12:29 was for 1000 shares???
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Well done--I'd be a bit surprised if $3.27 holds, today.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:55:44 PM EDT
[#28]
The bbig calls I sold are looking solid. Should have sold some $2.50 calls as well.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Have about 700 shares at a $5 avg. Have a good feeling on it long-term but short-term I try to forget that it's in my portfolio.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#30]
MVIS finally hit 3.26 at 1:49.
It hit 3.25 at 1:50.
Vanguard says I got mine at 1.50, I hope before it hit 3.25.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 2:43:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#31]
All you guys that do smaller lots of buying, such as 25 or 50 shares at a time, how do you go about quickly selling those? On Fidelity at least, you can select specific tax lots to sell based on date acquired, cost basis, or quantity of shares. The you need to click a checkmark next to each lot you want to sell. And at that time it asks you if you want to apply the full lot for sale. This is tedious and time consuming, and I'd assume one wouldn't have enough time to sell the specific shares you want during a spike. So a side from just selecting sell all shares, I don't see how you could sell specific lots of shares in the event of a quick spike. Sure you could set a limit sell but Fidelity caps you at a max percentage of the current share price.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#32]
MVIS finally hit 3.26 at 1:49.
It hit 3.25 at 1:50.
Vanguard says I got mine at 1.50, I hope before it hit 3.25.
View Quote

Same, picked up another 1k today too add to Monday’s 1k. 153k MVIS now.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 3:03:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
All you guys that do smaller lots of buying, such as 25 or 50 shares at a time, how do you go about quickly selling those? On Fidelity at least, you can select specific tax lots to sell based on date acquired, cost basis, or quantity of shares. The you need to click a checkmark next to each lot you want to sell. And at that time it asks you if you want to apply the full lot for sale. This is tedious and time consuming, and I'd assume one wouldn't have enough time to sell the specific shares you want during a spike. So a side from just selecting sell all shares, I don't see how you could sell specific lots of shares in the event of a quick spike. Sure you could set a limit sell but Fidelity caps you at a max percentage of the current share price.
View Quote

I use the presets that are already there - FIFO, LIFO, LOWCOST, HIGHCOST, TAX EFFICIENT, etc.  - these are quick and easy.   TDA doesn't seem to have a provision to sell specific lots or shares, at least after they settle, at least I can't find how to do it.  I monitor 3 accounts that are linked, so sometimes I've transferred some shares from one acct to another so I could then use LIFO on the 1st acct.  There is certainly a way to sell particular shares I would think but I can't find it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#34]

I use the presets that are already there - FIFO, LIFO, LOWCOST, HIGHCOST, TAX EFFICIENT, etc.  - these are quick and easy.   TDA doesn't seem to have a provision to sell specific lots or shares, at least after they settle, at least I can't find how to do it.  I monitor 3 accounts that are linked, so sometimes I've transferred some shares from one acct to another so I could then use LIFO on the 1st acct.  There is certainly a way to sell particular shares I would think but I can't find it.
View All Quotes

Call and talk to your broker, but most houses let you select the lots to assign to the sell up to the settlement date.  The thinking being that you don't want to miss a trading opportunity fiddling around with choosing lots before hand, and the shares aren't actually delivered until settlement anyways.  All brokerages I know will not allow you to update the lot after settlement, unless you'd previously provided instructions that were not correctly implemented.

Some will even let you update this online post execution by viewing the list of executed trades and then there's an option for cost basis assignment.  This is different for each platform though, so again call your broker.  

Did I mention call your broker?  If not, the other benefit is that usually you can ask them to do the lot assignment over the phone.  This may or may not be easier depending on their web based tools, but is usually an option so long as the trade has executed but not settled.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Call and talk to your broker, but most houses let you select the lots to assign to the sell up to the settlement date.  The thinking being that you don't want to miss a trading opportunity fiddling around with choosing lots before hand, and the shares aren't actually delivered until settlement anyways.  All brokerages I know will not allow you to update the lot after settlement, unless you'd previously provided instructions that were not correctly implemented.

Some will even let you update this online post execution by viewing the list of executed trades and then there's an option for cost basis assignment.  This is different for each platform though, so again call your broker.  

Did I mention call your broker?  If not, the other benefit is that usually you can ask them to do the lot assignment over the phone.  This may or may not be easier depending on their web based tools, but is usually an option so long as the trade has executed but not settled.
View All Quotes

I do know I can change/assign a lot up through the settlement date but that doesn't help later when I decide to sell off a position.  There must be a way to do that since I can access lots individually any time but never understood if I could do anything with them.. I was thinking I'll call my broker on this one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Up to 1900 MVIS now.

Only need it to hit $526/share to be a millionaire.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:05:38 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Is this based off of your chart signals or something else?
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:20:12 PM EDT
[#38]
MVIS to announce earnings on Wednesday Apr 27 after market close.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#39]

I do know I can change/assign a lot up through the settlement date but that doesn't help later when I decide to sell off a position.  There must be a way to do that since I can access lots individually any time but never understood if I could do anything with them.. I was thinking I'll call my broker on this one.
View Quote

Sorry, the "Call your broker" was a poor attempt at humor.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:32:58 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

I’m sure they will be marvelous!
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:36:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

Is this based off of your chart signals or something else?
View Quote

Always just technical for me--nothing else.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Can't do it on TOS--need to do it on your online webpage.

And you can call a TD broker anytime, they are the most helpful I've been around.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#44]

Always just technical for me--nothing else.
View Quote

Right on. I was planning to grab some more after EC. Maybe I'll buy a small lot before then. I just figure it'd tank on earnings. My second biggest MVIS mistake was not waiting long enough to buy back in, right after not dumping everything at $20++.

I think this is a good buy price, but also think it'll get better (or worse depending on perspective).
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Don't know if this is what you are looking for but go to "my profile" then under the general tab and it has tax lot options you can edit for FIFO,LIFO ect.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 8:41:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Total53] [#46]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

Right on. I was planning to grab some more after EC. Maybe I'll buy a small lot before then. I just figure it'd tank on earnings. My second biggest MVIS mistake was not waiting long enough to buy back in, right after not dumping everything at $20++.

I think this is a good buy price, but also think it'll get better (or worse depending on perspective).
View Quote

Help me out here Cajun, I'm in for 1000 if the pps stays under $4, another if it drops under $3.
My 401k rollover funds are sitting at my broker who graciously placed an 11 day hold on it.
Of course it settles on the 26th.

Do you still think we'll see the post EC dip?

I also have a buy sell order in for a $3 strike put, 27 May @ .46 (a $2.54 pps).
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 11:01:10 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

If you're on the TD app, go to "accounts" and then "positions", scroll to the bottom and select "see cost basis", then click "unsettled closed positions" on the right side. You should see your sale there and be able to assign specific tax lots.

Think you have a one day window to assign. So if you sell on a Wednesday, the transaction should show up in "unsettled closed positions" on Thursday for you to adjust if needed, and then on Friday off they go to the buyer.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 12:09:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 12:21:28 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote
That it's even being floated is confirmation of clown markets.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 12:32:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Total53:

Help me out here Cajun, I'm in for 1000 if the pps stays under $4, another if it drops under $3.
My 401k rollover funds are sitting at my broker who graciously placed an 11 day hold on it.
Of course it settles on the 26th.

Do you still think we'll see the post EC dip?

I also have a buy order in for a $3 strike put, 27 May @ .46 (a $2.54 pps).
View Quote

Based on your wording it sounds like you want to end up with those shares at $2.54 per. If so, I think you need to sell the puts, not buy them.

This from the guy who once accidentally sold puts instead of calls. Thankfully I caught it quickly and closed the position even. Anyway, just hoping my lessons can help you out too.

@Total53
Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top