Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1712
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 7:03:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cmsnare:

Sorry, the "Call your broker" was a poor attempt at humor.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cmsnare:
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

I do know I can change/assign a lot up through the settlement date but that doesn't help later when I decide to sell off a position.  There must be a way to do that since I can access lots individually any time but never understood if I could do anything with them.. I was thinking I'll call my broker on this one.

Sorry, the "Call your broker" was a poor attempt at humor.  

I got it, it was funny.  That's why I said it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 7:06:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By m1awolf:

Don't know if this is what you are looking for but go to "my profile" then under the general tab and it has tax lot options you can edit for FIFO,LIFO ect.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m1awolf:

I use the presets that are already there - FIFO, LIFO, LOWCOST, HIGHCOST, TAX EFFICIENT, etc.  - these are quick and easy.   TDA doesn't seem to have a provision to sell specific lots or shares, at least after they settle, at least I can't find how to do it.  I monitor 3 accounts that are linked, so sometimes I've transferred some shares from one acct to another so I could then use LIFO on the 1st acct.  There is certainly a way to sell particular shares I would think but I can't find it.

Don't know if this is what you are looking for but go to "my profile" then under the general tab and it has tax lot options you can edit for FIFO,LIFO ect.

I forgot all of that stuff was there!  I'll have to sort through it
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 7:07:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#3]
Originally Posted By nolan7120:

If you're on the TD app, go to "accounts" and then "positions", scroll to the bottom and select "see cost basis", then click "unsettled closed positions" on the right side. You should see your sale there and be able to assign specific tax lots.

Think you have a one day window to assign. So if you sell on a Wednesday, the transaction should show up in "unsettled closed positions" on Thursday for you to adjust if needed, and then on Friday off they go to the buyer.
View All Quotes

I use the presets that are already there - FIFO, LIFO, LOWCOST, HIGHCOST, TAX EFFICIENT, etc.  - these are quick and easy.   TDA doesn't seem to have a provision to sell specific lots or shares, at least after they settle, at least I can't find how to do it.  I monitor 3 accounts that are linked, so sometimes I've transferred some shares from one acct to another so I could then use LIFO on the 1st acct.  There is certainly a way to sell particular shares I would think but I can't find it.

If you're on the TD app, go to "accounts" and then "positions", scroll to the bottom and select "see cost basis", then click "unsettled closed positions" on the right side. You should see your sale there and be able to assign specific tax lots.

Think you have a one day window to assign. So if you sell on a Wednesday, the transaction should show up in "unsettled closed positions" on Thursday for you to adjust if needed, and then on Friday off they go to the buyer.

So now this makes sense.  I can assign lots there, for use later?

Finally DOW is coming to life.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 7:07:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By blackeagle05:

Based on your wording it sounds like you want to end up with those shares at $2.54 per. If so, I think you need to sell the puts, not buy them.

This from the guy who once accidentally sold puts instead of calls. Thankfully I caught it quickly and closed the position even. Anyway, just hoping my lessons can help you out too.

@Total53
View Quote

I had to go check, yes it's a SELL order.

Link Posted: 4/21/2022 7:11:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 4Teen_R:

when big bets go wrong

Melvin Capitol  - lets make a new deal
[/url]
View Quote

I see. He's down 21%, but wants to get paid his performance bonus. So instead of not getting paid extra to make that 21% back, he wants to push the reset button.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 7:13:35 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Today, Nasdog is going up more than the DJIA.
I hope that extends to BBIG and MVIS.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 7:21:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#7]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

View All Quotes

I mean the company - DOW, inc.   I have a lot of dough in chemicals, specialty plastics, consumer goods, etc.  Hoping for doubles and triples or better - TSE, DOW,  CPRI, WRK, had OLN and HUN but sold those at a profit.    These were plays on global re-opening from chinaflu but got sidetracked by some world events.  Now maybe moving up.  T with a good earnings report - if this gets back on track it could be good.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 9:19:18 AM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

What do you mean by "for use later"? Don't think you can pre-pick tax lots for sale if that's what you meant, at least not there. What I described is only good for assigning specific lots between the sale date and settlement date.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 9:25:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#9]

What do you mean by "for use later"? Don't think you can pre-pick tax lots for sale if that's what you meant, at least not there. What I described is only good for assigning specific lots between the sale date and settlement date.
View All Quotes

The original discussion on this was how to sell certain lots of stocks you own.  There are the standard presets, of course - FIFO, LIFO, etc., but other than those how would one be able to sell a certain tranche of shares that wasn't covered by the standard presets?  So the discussion moved to assigning tax lots via the method you are referring to.  I thought, though that you could only do this with stocks that hadn't yet settled, meaning you would sell those before settlement (?)  which doesn't help if I want to sell a certain tranche a year later, for example.   Another thought then  was, during that time before settlement can you affix a label, or tag the buy you just made so you can identify that later on and sell it?  Hard to explain this, - to sum up are you able to label a buy you just made, doing so before settlement and then use that label at any subsequent time to designate exactly which shares you are selling?  I will provide an example of this once I am out of this 0930 meeting
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 9:56:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Few more shares of MVIS. Throwing couch cushion change in.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:01:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: oldno7] [#11]
Originally Posted By Tango:
View Quote

Ditto--kinda

Sold 3 lots of MU in first 5 min.

Re bought 3 lots.

With change left over from sell/buy, bought more MVIS.

bigger picture
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:09:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Tango:
View Quote
Throwing down the $3 limit buy.  Hope it doesn't hit!  
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#13]

The original discussion on this was how to sell certain lots of stocks you own.  There are the standard presets, of course - FIFO, LIFO, etc., but other than those how would one be able to sell a certain tranche of shares that wasn't covered by the standard presets?  So the discussion moved to assigning tax lots via the method you are referring to.  I thought, though that you could only do this with stocks that hadn't yet settled, meaning you would sell those before settlement (?)  which doesn't help if I want to sell a certain tranche a year later, for example.   Another thought then  was, during that time before settlement can you affix a label, or tag the buy you just made so you can identify that later on and sell it?  Hard to explain this, - to sum up are you able to label a buy you just made, doing so before settlement and then use that label at any subsequent time to designate exactly which shares you are selling?  I will provide an example of this once I am out of this 0930 meeting
View Quote

That's a good question. I'd call TD and ask. Anytime I've called they've always been helpful.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:37:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nolan7120] [#14]
What's everyone been buying, besides MVIS? I've bought into RBLX, SOFI, and QS in the past week or two. These are long-term holds.

Edit: and DKNG
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:38:40 AM EDT
[#15]
I hope it's just me and I'm wrong but today feels like it's setting up to tank.

Stocks are struggling to rebound from their daily lows.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:39:49 AM EDT
[#16]
What's everyone been buying, besides MVIS? I've bought into RBLX, SOFI, and QS in the past week or two. These are long-term holds.
View Quote
ZIM is hammered down because of the Shanghai covid shutdown.  I took a bit of a position.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:40:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cardboardkiller] [#17]
View Quote

ABML

Hoping it doesn’t move too much until Feb of next year for the bulk of my shares to be in LTCG. I’m at a $1.04 average right now and planning a long term hold (5+ years) unless it goes nuts when their plants start coming online.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By oldno7:

View Quote
Yup
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

NVDA seems like it's at a decent price. I think I can see at least a $275 ish rebound
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 11:05:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Total53:

Help me out here Cajun, I'm in for 1000 if the pps stays under $4, another if it drops under $3.
My 401k rollover funds are sitting at my broker who graciously placed an 11 day hold on it.
Of course it settles on the 26th.

Do you still think we'll see the post EC dip?

I also have a buy sell order in for a $3 strike put, 27 May @ .46 (a $2.54 pps).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Total53:
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

Right on. I was planning to grab some more after EC. Maybe I'll buy a small lot before then. I just figure it'd tank on earnings. My second biggest MVIS mistake was not waiting long enough to buy back in, right after not dumping everything at $20++.

I think this is a good buy price, but also think it'll get better (or worse depending on perspective).

Help me out here Cajun, I'm in for 1000 if the pps stays under $4, another if it drops under $3.
My 401k rollover funds are sitting at my broker who graciously placed an 11 day hold on it.
Of course it settles on the 26th.

Do you still think we'll see the post EC dip?

I also have a buy sell order in for a $3 strike put, 27 May @ .46 (a $2.54 pps).

I've made some terrible plays lately so my advice is worth less than you paid for it, but IMO, I think you'll be able to pick up MVIS somewhere under 3 either leading up to EC or after. I'll probably be picking up some more in the coming week. Beware.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 11:05:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#21]
View Quote

Adding to positions but only on pullbacks - ZIM, TFSL, BGH, TSE, T,  some SHOP but think I'll hold off on that until 05May.  Would like to get IPI but out of my buy range, perhaps indefinitely

MVIS order in for $2.89
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Seems my entire account is pulling back.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By oldno7:

View Quote

Looks like you nailed it!
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 12:03:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oldno7] [#24]
A buy in MU @ $72.14

Don't trust this--stop order $71.95
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 12:48:52 PM EDT
[#25]
My account......

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow, MVIS.

Next stop 2.61?
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 1:23:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1969GTX] [#27]

That sums it up.

I just closed out of a shitty RIVN position and added to AMD at $90.91. I would rather let the money ride there at the moment. And I have a buy in for Mavis at $3
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 1:26:29 PM EDT
[#28]
RIVN is a dumpster fire.  Haven't checked in on that for a while.  Ouch.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#29]
What the hell is going on I ask rhetorically
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Rumrunner358:
RIVN is a dumpster fire.  Haven't checked in on that for a while.  Ouch.
View Quote

Being sued for misleading investors will do that. I was in it around $42. Not caring much about sticking with it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#31]
MO is kicking arse
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#32]
MO is kicking arse
View Quote

6.5% yield seems pretty good.
Is that just Phillip Morris cash cow business, or are there growth product lines in there?
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Is that just Phillip Morris cash cow business, or are there growth product lines in there?
View All Quotes
MO is kicking arse

Reliable cash cow IMO.  Money moving to to dividend stocks
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 2:34:03 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes
MO is kicking arse

PM market is separate, that is the rest of the world other than the US which is MO.   I think a big part of the price action is from time to time you get news on weed legislation, so MO is positioned to corner that mkt if/when it happens.  Also the growth areas include non combustibles, snuff, and all other forms other than the types you light up.   Otherwise, MO and BTI for that matter are among the most durable income producers you can have.   Any way you look at it, MO always maintains it's margins in the face of all kinds of legislative risk,   MO is one of my biggest positions and building up BTI as well
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 3:07:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Shook the couch cushions hard and picked up another thousand shares of MVIS. NAS down another 254 points, and it looks like the nose is pointed at the ground with the throttles firewalled. It's a little unnerving, but when the entire sector turns (not just MVIS), these are going to look like ridiculous prices. The sticking point is that old adage about the market staying irrational...it can be bloody brutal if you're not positioned for a long, painful slog.

Had to get my 2019 4Runner serviced before chemo this morning. Dealer just took a 2019 Land Cruiser in with 17K on the clock. They're offering me almost what I paid for the 4Runner, but asking almost new money for the LC, too. Found out why they're so expensive, there are literally no option packages, the vehicle comes loaded to the gunwhales standard. Worst time possible to buy a used vehicle, but I'm drooling here...it's a V8 powered, leather wrapped, off road luxo-barge. Have a feeling the comptroller is going to take a dim view of this deal
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Shook the couch cushions hard and picked up another thousand shares of MVIS. NAS down another 254 points, and it looks like the nose is pointed at the ground with the throttles firewalled. It's a little unnerving, but when the entire sector turns (not just MVIS), these are going to look like ridiculous prices. The sticking point is that old adage about the market staying irrational...it can be bloody brutal if you're not positioned for a long, painful slog.

Had to get my 2019 4Runner serviced before chemo this morning. Dealer just took a 2019 Land Cruiser in with 17K on the clock. They're offering me almost what I paid for the 4Runner, but asking almost new money for the LC, too. Found out why they're so expensive, there are literally no option packages, the vehicle comes loaded to the gunwhales standard. Worst time possible to buy a used vehicle, but I'm drooling here...it's a V8 powered, leather wrapped, off road luxo-barge. Have a feeling the comptroller is going to take a dim view of this deal
View Quote

If you don't mind me asking, what's the offer on the 4runner? Long story but I might be in the market for something like that if you're looking to sell.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 3:18:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EagleArmsHBAR] [#37]
Today I picked up 100 shares at $3.15, 100 shares at $3.05, and 8 $3.00 6/17 Calls.  Fingers crossed for a quick recovery.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 3:25:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Powell signals aggressive rate hikes.  Are we really to believe this has caused this market selloff?  I'm skeptical about cause and effect.  Didn't the market sell off like this recently when Powell didn't signal anything?  Silly humans trying to find patterns where none exist.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 3:28:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#39]
Originally Posted By blackeagle05:

If you don't mind me asking, what's the offer on the 4runner? Long story but I might be in the market for something like that if you're looking to sell.
View Quote

They offered me $39K on a vehicle I paid $40K for...ORP with KDSS, moonroof delete, 26.5K miles on the clock and dealer installed wheels. There's a serious tax break involved, but I forget the details...makes the trade in effectively worth closer to $42K.

It's paid for, and I seriously doubt this is going to happen. Mrs is hell-bent on a saddle brown interior, and the trade is grey on a metallic grey LC.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 3:44:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Powell signals aggressive rate hikes.  Are we really to believe this has caused this market selloff?  I'm skeptical about cause and effect.  Didn't the market sell off like this recently when Powell didn't signal anything?  Silly humans trying to find patterns where none exist.
View Quote

Anyone who didn't know that rate hike was coming is a complete moron, so, apparently, there are a lot of morons in the market.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#41]
I AM the liquor.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 3:52:34 PM EDT
[#42]
MVIS down 7% today? Awesome
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 3:55:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
View Quote

If that stock doesn't make a miraculous recovery, this place is going to look like father's day in the hood.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 3:59:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Grabbed some more MVIS here under 3, have some cash reserved for a bigger dip.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Well at least my TWTR finished up for the day

the one stonk I give zero shits about.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 3:59:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Ultrastealth:

If that stock doesn't make a miraculous recovery, this place is going to look like father's day in the hood.
View Quote
The entire market is significantly red today.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 3:59:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

They offered me $39K on a vehicle I paid $40K for...ORP with KDSS, moonroof delete, 26.5K miles on the clock and dealer installed wheels. There's a serious tax break involved, but I forget the details...makes the trade in effectively worth closer to $42K.

It's paid for, and I seriously doubt this is going to happen. Mrs is hell-bent on a saddle brown interior, and the trade is grey on a metallic grey LC.
View Quote

Go for it! She’ll get used to it or just let her know when it’s Lamborghini time you’ll order saddle brown.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#48]
I took advantage of the MVIS dip and picked up another 500 @ $2.99 bringing my average down to $4.43. Really need to see some bounce here soon.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

Haha I’m hoping for $6 this summer
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#50]
I don't know what's more brutal. The stocktwits or the Yahoo convo page for MVIS.

Page / 1712
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top