Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1712
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
I don't know what's more brutal. The stocktwits or the Yahoo convo page for MVIS.

https://i.ibb.co/Fxj84FM/Screenshot-20220421-165237-Duck-Duck-Go.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2022 5:12:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jarvik] [#2]
Ouch. Everytime I buy, it drops. Lol.

So, if you see me post I'm buying, that's a sure sign it's going down...

Maybe I'll double down in stupid and buy more tomorrow. Heads up!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 5:13:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

They offered me $39K on a vehicle I paid $40K for...ORP with KDSS, moonroof delete, 26.5K miles on the clock and dealer installed wheels. There's a serious tax break involved, but I forget the details...makes the trade in effectively worth closer to $42K.

It's paid for, and I seriously doubt this is going to happen. Mrs is hell-bent on a saddle brown interior, and the trade is grey on a metallic grey LC.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By blackeagle05:

If you don't mind me asking, what's the offer on the 4runner? Long story but I might be in the market for something like that if you're looking to sell.

They offered me $39K on a vehicle I paid $40K for...ORP with KDSS, moonroof delete, 26.5K miles on the clock and dealer installed wheels. There's a serious tax break involved, but I forget the details...makes the trade in effectively worth closer to $42K.

It's paid for, and I seriously doubt this is going to happen. Mrs is hell-bent on a saddle brown interior, and the trade is grey on a metallic grey LC.

Thanks. Doesn't sound like it fits in my bracket. I need a car less than 8 years old so I can import to El Salvador, but cheap enough I don't mind importing it into El Salvador. Surprisingly narrow window.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By blackeagle05:

Thanks. Doesn't sound like it fits in my bracket. I need a car less than 8 years old so I can import to El Salvador, but cheap enough I don't mind importing it into El Salvador. Surprisingly narrow window.
View Quote

That doesn't hugely surprise me, but a T4R is an incredibly solid vehicle for a country like that if you can the one you're looking for.

El Salvador huh? Yikes. Hope you're going on assignment, and not doing the expat thing. The crime there is reputed to be serious business. Lvl 3 State Department travel advisory.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#5]
$2.98!
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 6:47:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow today was a red day.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
$2.98!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2022 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote
I've decided to buy 100 shares for each $0.10 drop. Next order is at $2.95.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not going to look at my account until Monday. Cripes that was rough. I want to add more positions at these prices but I hate throwing good money after bad...bbag I'm looking at you.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 9:03:10 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Total53:
$2.98!

https://c.tenor.com/OTkEZLRvcMgAAAAC/lotr-yolo.gif

This made me laugh more than it should of. Just because it's literally true. Im so fucked if MVIS doesn't pan out, alls I can do is laugh about it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 9:12:20 PM EDT
[#11]
$2 for MVIS next Friday!
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 9:22:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Total53] [#12]
Originally Posted By number40Fan:
$2 for MVIS next Friday!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2022 9:22:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m6z] [#13]
I'm starting to think investing in tangible assets would be a better use of my money.  $300 on some M18 Milwaukee impacts seemed like a better play today.

They were on sale too..
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:25:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Whoa, wtf just happened? MVIS licks the taint. In for 500 moar!! Tomorrow
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 11:13:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Fert bros not safe today either. My UAN, LXU, and CF calls down 275k at low point today.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 12:19:54 AM EDT
[#16]

That doesn't hugely surprise me, but a T4R is an incredibly solid vehicle for a country like that if you can the one you're looking for.

El Salvador huh? Yikes. Hope you're going on assignment, and not doing the expat thing. The crime there is reputed to be serious business. Lvl 3 State Department travel advisory.
View Quote

Yep, I'll be there backed by the full faith and credit of the US government. From what my POC in country has told me it's like anywhere else - stay out of the wrong neighborhoods and you'll be fine. It's a short tour though so I shouldn't get in too much trouble.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 8:24:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: war86] [#17]
Well nothing like having your largest gain day ever, largest gain on a single trade ever, largest loss on a single trade ever and largest loss day ever all in the same week.  Yesterday was rough.  I missed the start of the massive drop by 30 minutes (working) so I couldn't exit some of my positions to take advantage.  By that time my intra-day buying power was fucked so I just basically had to watch my stop losses hit and enjoy the cliff-dive for the most part.  

I find it ironic that companies can't report earnings during trading hours but the Fed can wax eloquent and either tank or rocket the market whenever they damn well please.  I didn't even realize somebody was supposed to be talking yesterday until everything was bleeding out.  Fuckers.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 9:05:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Looks flat today at best so how about a distraction.

How is V2G supposed to be a revenue generating technology? Anyone aware of the grid paying more for energy than you payed to use it no matter what time of the day you charged your battery?
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Bought 5555 dpls at .0445 for my son's custodial acct. He 6year old. Maybe when he's 30 it will be worth something.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 10:09:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Shook the couch cushions hard and picked up another thousand shares of MVIS. NAS down another 254 points, and it looks like the nose is pointed at the ground with the throttles firewalled. It's a little unnerving, but when the entire sector turns (not just MVIS), these are going to look like ridiculous prices. The sticking point is that old adage about the market staying irrational...it can be bloody brutal if you're not positioned for a long, painful slog.

Had to get my 2019 4Runner serviced before chemo this morning. Dealer just took a 2019 Land Cruiser in with 17K on the clock. They're offering me almost what I paid for the 4Runner, but asking almost new money for the LC, too. Found out why they're so expensive, there are literally no option packages, the vehicle comes loaded to the gunwhales standard. Worst time possible to buy a used vehicle, but I'm drooling here...it's a V8 powered, leather wrapped, off road luxo-barge. Have a feeling the comptroller is going to take a dim view of this deal
View Quote

@Osprey61 random thought but you may want to check out the Lexus gx460/570. I have a decade old 460 and it's what you're talking about, I call it Land Cruiser Lite. The 460 are sold (mostly) as PRADOs in other countries.  V8 power on a stupid reliable motor, leather seats with both heater and cooler for your balls (I'll never go without!)  and full time 4x4. not amazing MPG but boringly reliable, cheap to fix at any toyota place, and set up to run a quarter million miles without issue.

I think true LCs are going up in price because of the stopped importing/selling in the states or some such drama but still seem to see Lexus for sale.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 10:21:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Usernames:
Bought 5555 dpls at .0445 for my son's custodial acct. He 6year old. Maybe when he's 30 it will be worth something.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/22/2022 10:39:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Got my MVIS proxy vote notification from TD ameritrade this morning.

Of interest

The PRSU Awards were designed specifically to ensure that key members of our leadership team have significant financial interests that are highly
aligned with our shareholders. Any portion of the PRSU Awards that are granted will only become eligible to vest if the specified stock price thresholds are achieved. Conversely, if the specified stock price thresholds are not achieved within the Performance Period, then the PRSU Awards will not vest and there will be no resulting dilution. As shown in the following table, each
performance goal represents a significant increase in our stock price:
Performance Goal Share Price

Awards Eligible to Vest
Performance Goal 1
(25% of Target) $ 12.00 10%

Performance Goal 2
(Target) $ 18.00 30%

Performance Goal 3
(175% of Target) $ 24.00 30%

Performance Goal 4
(250% of Target) $ 36.00 30%

Assuming attainment of the applicable share price goal shown above, the portion of the PRSU Awards deemed earned will become subject to time-based
vesting in equal quarterly installments over two years starting from the date on which the goal is achieved. Vesting requires continued service through
each applicable vesting date. The aggregate number of shares of common stock issuable in respect of the PRSU Awards at maximum achievement is
6,000,000 shares, with 2,800,000 shares allocated to our Chief Executive Officer Sumit Sharma, 2,000,000 shares allocated to our Chief Financial Officer
Anubhav Verma, and 1,200,000 allocated to our General Counsel & VP People Ops Drew Markham.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 10:47:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#23]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

@Osprey61 random thought but you may want to check out the Lexus gx460/570. I have a decade old 460 and it's what you're talking about, I call it Land Cruiser Lite. The 460 are sold (mostly) as PRADOs in other countries.  V8 power on a stupid reliable motor, leather seats with both heater and cooler for your balls (I'll never go without!)  and full time 4x4. not amazing MPG but boringly reliable, cheap to fix at any toyota place, and set up to run a quarter million miles without issue.

I think true LCs are going up in price because of the stopped importing/selling in the states or some such drama but still seem to see Lexus for sale.
View Quote

Thanks for that, it is a good vehicle with a solid reputation. We had a hard think last night and decided pitching $55K over the price of our invisible, bought-and-paid-for 4Runner was just nuts when we haven't made any serious plans to drive to Arizona next winter (wife got a bad case of cabin fever about Feb this year).

We did the same thing when we bought the new F-250D first, and then decided we weren't going to buy an Oliver (RV) after all. Cart before the horse, as it were. It worked out okay, because I hauled our furniture most of the way across the US with the Ford, but after that it was mostly just a waste. Tried offroading a couple of times and discovered the trails here get really narrow really fast in a 8,500 pound truck.

Probably roll the Z4 out of storage this weekend, that should cool off my wandering checkbook for a couple of months!
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Usernames:
View Quote

Kids going to be driving a lambo by the time he’s eight. I have a 6 and 9 year old that we’re opening custodial accounts for. I’ll be doing the same.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 11:02:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Snagged another 100 at $2.95.  I will continue to buy as it dips. I hope I am not throwing all of this money away, but I have the ability to hold long term.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Last couple mornings I've been selling MU in the first 5 min. then buying UPST and MVIS through the day.

Rolls reversed this morning and sold UPST, 3 lots in first 5 min. then bought some MU below $70.(waiting on MVIS)

For all you fundamental guys, check out the latest analyst ratings of UPST and AVERAGE price target.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 11:33:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: m6z] [#27]
Got my MVIS cost basis down to $12.00.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Pickins are slim today, fellas.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#29]
More Mavis and more BBIG... I hate money.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 11:57:45 AM EDT
[#30]
I keep telling myself the stock market is devised to take from the impatient and give to the patient...  But DAMN..

Link Posted: 4/22/2022 12:00:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oldno7] [#31]
Originally Posted By Skunkape71:
I keep telling myself the stock market is devised to take from the impatient and give to the patient...  But DAMN..

View Quote

In spades!

Almost impossible to consistently make $$ without a plan.

And with a plan, the odds are still against you.

It comes down to money management.

POP's rules #1 & 2
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 12:02:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Was not expecting the UAN beatdown
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 12:04:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Some body pulled the drain plug on the market and let all of the equity drain out.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#34]
I've bought almost 1,000 new shares this week. Working my average down slowly from $7.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 12:22:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Skunkape71:

View Quote

Being patient has resulted in many many bags that I may never financially recover from lol.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 12:44:49 PM EDT
[#36]
I sold some options to get cash for 100 shares.
Then this morning I FOMO'd the buy at 3.03, right before it resumed the slide.
Oh, well.
10 cents here, 20 cents there, doesn't make a huge difference on a 100 share buy.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 12:49:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#37]
Originally Posted By Rumrunner358:
View Quote

What gives?  IPI down same.  Maybe opportunity here to get in.  Other than the fed rate nonsense, anything else on these?  Looks like price returning to trend line 50sma
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 12:53:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Good old IGEX giving me a green stock today! She's up to .007 today. I can almost buy a Big Mac with profits.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Nasdaq broken into 12,000 from a 52 week high of over 16,000 when people still had hope Brandon would be able to make it through a short conversation without sounding crazy
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 1:04:52 PM EDT
[#41]

What gives?  IPI down same.  Maybe opportunity here to get in.  Other than the fed rate nonsense, anything else on these?  Looks like price returning to trend line 50sma
View All Quotes

There's some shenanigans with the railroad going on, talking about going to beans vs corn this year, and then there's the increase in ethanol production.  

may be just a pull back, was a hefty run recently.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 1:04:56 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

All the ferts are getting monkey hammered.

...just as the products they make reach record retail prices.

This all caused me to do my MOS due diligence. I may have bought 150 May $60 Cs.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 1:25:14 PM EDT
[#43]
MVIS gone into penny stock status?
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Question is how long will this last?  Do we trend down continuously from here for a while, or another surge up on Mon-Tues?  Who has that answer.  I need to know whether to buy now or forever hold my piece.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Question is how long will this last?  Do we trend down continuously from here for a while, or another surge up on Mon-Tues?  Who has that answer.  I need to know whether to buy now or forever hold my piece.
View Quote

I'll tell you the answer if you give me the plans for a time machine and winning lottery ticket numbers.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

I have several underwater options expiring May 20th, so I sure as hell hope this market turns around.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Fuuuuuuuuuuu.....
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#48]
WTF guys. I go to the Cape for 3 days and y'all tank the market
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2022 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:
View Quote

I tried to stop them

Page / 1712
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top