Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1695
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 2:09:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stillerfan] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By IceStationZebra:

The only hesitation I have about selling is that they make amazing technology which transcends their incompetence.  It is in great competition because the big players need it in their tech.
View Quote

There are lots of companies with brilliant engineers that can build novel solutions like these looking for problems that don't exactly match the market.   MVIS is a case study of that type of business run by engineers that aren't able to solve today's problems with solutions that meet the cost, schedule and technical constraints.  Timing is everything in product development especially one that requires integration into a commercial OEM.  

It's possible they failed again with their only paying customer who took over production athough there are rumors this was done to meet DoD requirements on tech manufacturing.  But a $15 royalty on a $250 engine for an OEM will require many millions of units for this company to have a market cap much bigger than it currently is.  Hololens (assuming that's even the product ) at $3500 each will be lucky to ever sell 1 million units.   It's likely sales in the hundreds of thousands would be considered a decent success for Microsoft.

The engineers are still working and appear to continue to do quality work in demonstrators but there is a lot of competition in this space and a ton of risk which is why they are floating between $30-$50 million in value which is in the ballpark of what a decent 50-80 employee engineering company is worth depending on the industry.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 2:35:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stillerfan] [#3]

They've stated they were getting the equivalent of a 6% profit per unit as a royalty.   Assuming the unit is between $250-$1000 that would be $15-$60 per unit royalty.

$600,000 - $2,400,000 would be nice haul for them in 2021 considering how bad revenue has been.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 4:29:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#4]
Article on a site called pennycrunch.com that's going to pour more gas on the fire. Monday may get...sporty.

Worth reading in it's entirety, but this sat me up in my chair:

"There are rumors and evidence that Microsoft is using MicroVision technology in their new expanded capability with the Xbox. Microsoft expanding their use of MicroVision technology can show us their interest and commitment to the technology, and also validate why they might think about buying MicroVision out."

For the record, I have no idea what evidence he's basing that claim on...but this kind of speculation has gotten rampant several times prior to quarterly reports, and the air goes out very quickly afterwards if there's no announcement (earnings beat has never really entered the picture, unfortunately). If you've booked a good profit, keep that well in mind.

You won't believe how many ex-MVIS engineers now work at Microsoft
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Article on a site called pennycrunch.com that's going to pour more gas on the fire. Monday may get...sporty.

Worth reading in it's entirety, but this sat me up in my chair:

"There are rumors and evidence that Microsoft is using MicroVision technology in their new expanded capability with the Xbox. Microsoft expanding their use of MicroVision technology can show us their interest and commitment to the technology, and also validate why they might think about buying MicroVision out."

For the record, I have no idea what evidence he's basing that claim on...but this kind of speculation has gotten rampant several times prior to quarterly reports, and the air goes out very quickly afterwards if there's no announcement (earnings beat has never really entered the picture, unfortunately). If you've booked a good profit, keep that well in mind. 

You won't believe how many ex-MVIS engineers now work at Microsoft
View Quote

So, this is a sell. short, then re-purchase to ride the upcoming spike?  Not sure I have the mad skillz to pull that off, I'm 0-for-1 so far in anything fancy :)
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 5:10:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Never heard of stocktwits.com before yesterday. Give it a second for the comments to load, then start reading down.

Ten thousand people on that board. This may turn into a serious run if the shorts panic. What a lovely thought.

Who named it stockTWITS?
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Never heard of stocktwits.com before yesterday. Give it a second for the comments to load, then start reading down.

Ten thousand people on that board. This may turn into a serious run if the shorts panic. What a lovely thought.

Who named it stockTWITS?
View Quote

Much repeated there is "mvis-is-the-next-uavs".  uavs was a big pump-and-dump?
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 5:55:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

Much repeated there is "mvis-is-the-next-uavs".  uavs was a big pump-and-dump?
View Quote

Probably related to the customer leak.  UAVS leaked something about an Amazon purchase order.  MVIS is rumored to have Microsoft or another company selling to Microsoft as the customer but it's a "secret".  
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#9]
UAVS was total hype. Lots of people lost bigly.

Bet smart boys!
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#10]
So I put in for .26/share but the price only dropped as low as .27 and the order never went through. Oh well. I just wanna see pics of OP’s new penny stock wheels when stock goes to $5
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:11:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#11]
Originally Posted By SlimBlundt:
So I put in for .26/share but the price only dropped as low as .27 and the order never went through. Oh well. I just wanna see pics of OP’s new penny stock wheels when stock goes to $5 
View Quote

LOL, at five dollars a share I'm having Idaho, Montana, eastern Washington and Wyoming ARF over for cocktails.

Wife and I have been talking about this half the day. Getting out whole is the goal, the rest is gravy

ETA: in the interest of full disclosure, since a couple of people insinuated I was pushing a pump and dump, at $1.66 I will sell half my holding to cover my sunk cost...but, gotta get there first.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:45:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Ruh-roh. Wife read that last post and says if 5,000 people show up for free drinks I'm in deep shit.

We have a pool and a pond. Y'all may be better off in the pond.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Ruh-roh. Wife read that last post and says if 5,000 people show up for free drinks I'm in deep shit.

We have a pool and a pond. Y'all may be better off in the pond.
View Quote

Free drinks from the pond!  
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:58:36 PM EDT
[#14]
One thing does bother me with linking Microvision to Hololens.  Why hasn't anyone posted a teardown of Hololens 2?
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:02:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Ruh-roh. Wife read that last post and says if 5,000 people show up for free drinks I'm in deep shit.

We have a pool and a pond. Y'all may be better off in the pond. 
View Quote

Ill be there.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 11:16:12 PM EDT
[#16]
@Osprey61  I owe you a beer or a bottle of your choice!  Pocketed 3k in a day because of your thread. I'll try to do it again Monday if it looks right!

Link Posted: 5/2/2020 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone think it will tank again on Monday?
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 11:31:43 PM EDT
[#18]
In on pump and dump!!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 11:45:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Totally forgot about this thread. I went in for 10 contracts @1 5/15 Calls.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:05:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By EvoXGunner:
Totally forgot about this thread. I went in for 10 contracts @1 5/15 Calls.
View Quote

I was going to do the same, but my etrade account didn't have option buys approved, 2-3 business days fr approval, so i miss out on that :(
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:22:31 AM EDT
[#21]
r/pennystocks r/investing and r/robinhoodpennystocks are all getting hard over MVIS again.

Monday will be fun.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By xxspudxx:
r/pennystocks r/investing and r/robinhoodpennystocks are all getting hard over MVIS again.

Monday will be fun.
View Quote

Nobody has any idea what this company is worth right now.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By stillerfan:

Nobody has any idea what this company is worth right now.
View Quote

Didnt say they did. But more people getting involved is a good opportunity to make money.

Look at UAVS over the last 2 weeks. No one knew anything and you still could have made piles off of the hype.

Ride the wave, just get off at the right time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 4:35:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Didnt say they did. But more people getting involved is a good opportunity to make money.

Look at UAVS over the last 2 weeks. No one knew anything and you still could have made piles off of the hype.

Ride the wave, just get off at the right time.
View Quote

Yeah I had never heard of UAVS and I'm kind of sorry I hadn't. There was an opportunity to get in at .80 and sell as high as 5 before the news dropped. That's a pretty damn good return if you got off before the fall
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#25]
So I've never touched the stock market and have absolutely no idea how to do any of that sort of stuff.  Is there a primer or something I can read up?  I'll throw $20 at this and see what happens.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 5:05:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spud] [#26]
In terms of MVIS specifically or just investing in general?

https://www.reddit.com/r/MVIS/ is a good pool of shareholder info. While not golden information, a good place to read up on the company.

The investing sub forum here has some good information.

I view investing as a gamble and do my own research before I pull the trigger on larger value trades.

Penny stocks like this are just fun to play with. Ride the hype train and get off at the top.

Hype builders to watch are r/wallstreetbets r/investing r/pennystocks r/robinhoodpennystocks and stocktwits.com
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#27]
In terms of MVIS specifically or just investing in general?

https://www.reddit.com/r/MVIS/ is a good pool of shareholder info. While not golden information, a good place to read up on the company.

The investing sub forum here has some good information.

I view investing as a gamble and do my own research before I pull the trigger on larger value trades.

Penny stocks like this are just fun to play with. Ride the hype train and get off at the top.

Hype builders to watch are r/wallstreetbets r/investing r/pennystocks r/robinhoodpennystocks and stocktwits.com
View Quote

I didn't even know we had an investing forum here.  I usually only have $10-20 to screw around here and there, so I've never bothered researching anything.  Guess I'm off to do some reading.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#28]
What's everyone's thoughts on an open tomorrow?
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Lot of good discussion on Reddit today. It's usually quiet on a weekend, leading me to wonder what's ahead this week.

New poster there led me to Stocktwits...holy hell that site is a day-trading dumpster fire. They're prepping for a pump-and-dump to dwarf UAVS if nothing comes out of the quarterly on Thursday. Kind of crazy, because it doesn't much effect the merger/acquisition, but it will play into the R/S vote later in the month bigtime.

Lots of new eyes-on right now. That usually means price appreciation...just remember these people are speculators, NOT investors.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#30]
There are forces at work that no one really knows about. To many variables....

Life is a gamble....

Stocks are to.

Me.... I'd sell if I was ahead now...

But that's me.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By ThrustMyStoma:
What's everyone's thoughts on an open tomorrow?
View Quote

If the Stocktwerps are to be believed, the bid will be heavy.  

Just read something very interesting I'd forgotten about. There are many hundreds of thousands in executive bonuses outstanding that only vest at a (natural) share price of $2.50. By natural, I mean it doesn't count if it's artificially inflated by R/S. Person commenting made the point that's probably the absolute bottom line for the people negotiating on the MVIS' side of the table.

I'd give that estimate some credence, from a bottom-line standpoint. They won't walk away from that money lightly, IMO.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 6:00:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Holy shit. I got out way to early
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 6:21:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Sparky:
Holy shit. I got out way to early
View Quote

Holy shit indeed. When I looked this morning my face was your avatar.

80 cents in pre market
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 7:37:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GaryM] [#34]
I have never seen up 100% premarket in a single day. WTF is going on here?
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 7:41:27 AM EDT
[#35]
i didn't buy enough.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 7:44:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Layer60] [#36]
Glad I bought 15k shares but I can see that my limit buys at .32 and .35 aren't happening.

Still, +$7150 in a week isn't bad. Too early to say what might happen over this week but I knew the volatility was going to be insane.

Thanks for pointing this one out, OP.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 7:58:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Bought in last week at .29
Sold 2/3 on Friday at .45 to cover my initial cost, so I'm risk free on this.

Thanks OP.  Ready for a decent pop this morning.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:00:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Tuco22:
i didn't buy enough. 
View Quote

If you bought what you could afford to lose, then you bought enough. This isn't over yet and there is still very high risk.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:29:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Looks like it's about to fall off the cliff.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#40]
I don't think my .32 Limit buy is going to happen
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:58:33 AM EDT
[#41]
So does this show that it is going to open at 74 cents this am ?
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:04:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By shadycoh:
So does this show that it is going to open at 74 cents this am ?
View Quote

Yes. Back over 80 now
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:08:51 AM EDT
[#43]
premarket volume is through the roof
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Sparky:
I don't think my .32 Limit buy is going to happen
View Quote

My .50 limit buy is probably not either.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By 03Vet:
premarket volume is through the roof
View Quote

it has surpassed the daily average volume already

Guess I sold way to early.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:27:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#46]
I looks like it's going to go to the moon at the opening bellAttachment Attached File
l.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm over 300 percent. You ever end up around Maryland/DC area you fuckin let me know OP. Dinner is on me.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#48]
aaaaaaand, we're over $1
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Its knocking on a dollar...
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:36:01 AM EDT
[#50]
well my buy at .30 wont be happening either.
Page / 1695
Top Top