Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1713
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:39:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Bought mvis at 15.70 and 15.05.  Jesus.  Plz turn around.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:41:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Heard they were having a sale on MVIS so bought some more at 14.80, then they decided to lower the price some more.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 2sledgehammers:
Heard they were having a sale on MVIS so bought some more at 14.80, then they decided to lower the price some more.
View Quote

Waiting patiently here...
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:44:10 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

That was my price today as well.  Of course now we are at $14.50.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:45:27 AM EDT
[#5]
From what I see on the bids and ask chart there are a lot of bigger bids trying to get in cheap.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SurfAnimal:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SurfAnimal:

Same here. As long as Powell and Yellen are still talking I'm sitting tight.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:49:21 AM EDT
[#7]
The only thing I’m up on is EEENF 😂
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:50:23 AM EDT
[#8]
From what I see on the bids and ask chart there are a lot of bigger bids trying to get in cheap.
View Quote

Where does one access this data?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:53:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Maybe if I get my biden bucks I can load up on some cheap Mavis..yes I'm a poor.

If that weed beer would move I might not be such a poor.

Fortunately I've always hoped for the best but prepared for the worst. I'm in a holding pattern until either a crash or a boom.

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:57:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#10]
Originally Posted By Jdude:
Don't worry guys, everything is fine.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
you convinced them the sale was working, so they increased the promotion, to get even more sales! You created a feedback loop!
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#12]
This is like fishing and the bait fell off your hook.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

View Quote

Are they speaking again today?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By m3tric:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m3tric:

uhm, I don't usually talk about it..but this one time, robinhood Gold has that info.

*Not a Financial advisor
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
you convinced them the sale was working, so they increased the promotion, to get even more sales! You created a feedback loop!
View Quote

Damn, I always get it backwards!
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:09:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Vuong0916:
Another market crash 🤦
View Quote

Doesn't really look like a crash.

S&P and DOW are up a little and NASDAQ and down a little.

Anyone know why MVIS is getting hammered so bad?

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:13:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By FIRE310:
Had $5k set on a mvis buy at $15.03, looks like it hit. That was the last of my side stash dry powder $
View Quote

Did the same.  Hit at 14.25.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Jdude:
Don't worry guys, everything is fine.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/181410/image-1877681.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:15:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#19]
Originally Posted By Yojimbo:
View Quote
My friend bought a 1000 shares at 16 earlier, so probably that.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:15:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#20]
The FUD (that's fear, uncertainty and doubt, not a fondness for hunting shotguns) in the Lidar space is pretty close to hitting critical mass. Patently Apple posted a highly deceptive headline this morning about the Apple's Titan project being granted 64 new Lidar patents...and more.

The "and more" looks like it applies to about 60 of the patents, including headphones and comm'ing with wireless devices. The actual patent is similar to what EAVA is doing...theoretical work that may bear fruit well down the road.

Everyone is looking at the same calendar...The "April timeframe" kicks off in about a week. You can pretty much count on screaming headlines on April 2 (April 1 is largely avoided because of April Fool's Day) "MICROVISION MISSES ROLLOUT", to continue the retail shakeout.

Sigpowr (retired CEO of a NASDAQ company, now a R/MVIS poster) is trying to explain some of this...interesting stuff.

"That is what manipulation is all about. The large entities hire PhD Psychologists who advise them on how to create maximum stress for retail investors. The result of that is displayed in technical analysis. That is all TA is - the story of emotions on a particular stock or index."

"This isn't an honest game and I read the action as heavy accumulation tactics from 'entities' who know when the clock ends for accumulation at these discounts. I don't believe they are able to create the panic sells that they are striving for - a lot of volume churning to control the price, but not a lot of actual shares to accumulate."

"I agree with you that "tying it to the Nasdaq" is a mathematical joke. On the days MVIS has been down, it has been 5-10x the Nasdaq decline. I do think it is short term manipulation of MVIS stock price and it is not uncommon when a company is about to enter a whole new level of recognition and price. I have seen it many times over the last 20 years - one example: I remember getting shaken out of Illumina by the same tactics when the price was about $30 before any splits (had purchased from $9-14 and sold to protect those gains). Big money/entities are always late to a great stock but they make up for it by shaking out the original investors who worry about protecting hard-earned gains."
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I just got another sizeable chunk of MVIS at 14.20. I've said I was finished several times, only to buy more, but I really think I might be finished buying this time.

You know, unless it drops to $12, which I hope it doesn't.

My instincts tell me it's going down to allow people to buy into it before it goes up again, but what do I know?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:17:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By skydive70:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By skydive70:

Yes, Senate Banking Committee today
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By surveyor3:
The only thing I’m up on is EEENF 😂
View Quote

With you on that hold too.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:20:52 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Vuong0916:
Another market crash 🤦

Some big sales and like 3m short shares returned down low.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#25]
ok set up a schwab account the other day and it says the money cleared and is there to use. I can use it to buy MVIS but when I went to get MINE (part of the reason for the account set up) it told me now because of insufficient funds. Even if I went down to like $40 order.

this because it's an OTC?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks like at just one brokerage, 2.1M short shares were returned today, so HF are abusing mavis hard...

https://iborrowdesk.com/report/MVIS
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:24:58 PM EDT
[#27]
If we hit 12 im gonna bail on my bsqr and roll whats left back to mvis.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ChainedLightning:
I just got another sizeable chunk of MVIS at 14.20. I've said I was finished several times, only to buy more, but I really think I might be finished buying this time.

You know, unless it drops to $12, which I hope it doesn't.

My instincts tell me it's going down to allow people to buy into it before it goes up again, but what do I know?
View Quote

That seems counterintuitive
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:26:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#29]
Should add - stupid disclaimer: I am not a financial advisor, do not blindly listen to me, and do not risk money you can't afford to lose - if this is stressing you out, can't sleep, etc, by all means do what you have to to protect/preserve your financial well being. Not trying to talk anyone out of that.

Just remember that all of this is happening with zero new information coming out of MVIS. Sector rotation and pure, manufactured fear are in the driver's seat right now, and big money is doing what they do best....

"The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient." - Warren Buffett.

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
ok set up a schwab account the other day and it says the money cleared and is there to use. I can use it to buy MVIS but when I went to get MINE (part of the reason for the account set up) it told me now because of insufficient funds. Even if I went down to like $40 order.

View Quote

Limits on stock buys for anything under $1 I believe.  Once your funds fully clear in a few more days, you can buy whatever you want.   Same thing happened to me on Schwab.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:29:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

"The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient." - Warren Buffett.

View Quote

That explains why Congress got involved when the peasants started chanting DIAMOND HANDS
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By surveyor3:
Who all is still in MINE?

What are your expectations if you are?
View Quote

Im in... staying in until i see real reason for me not to be. As of now it’s fuckit money... i have roughly 50k shares iirc in a couple of accounts. Crypto seems to be gaining more and more interest. Psychedelics seem to be gaining momentum with the medical crowd... talked to a pharmacist chick yesterday about the validity of psychedelics in medicine and she says it would be more mainstream in about 10 years but a couple of states are moving in fast forward with them ... it’s all interesting to me and whether or not I support it all means nothing if i can make some money off of it.

If crypto catches on i look at doge... its nothing but a meme crypto and it’s hovering at .05... shrucoin would actually have purpose so that alone would blow by .05

If and when mine starts producing their pills etc... i can’t imagine the revenue cuz i just dont know but i see promise in this little bugger. My plan is to get to 100k shares and see what happens .. i can see mine actually catching on
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Danted:
View Quote
At a loss? Seems like a bad idea to me. I will sit on my 1k shares until It goes back up. Initial investment and then some. Might be 2 weeks, might be a year.

You don't lose money until you sell, or so I've been told.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#34]
My patience ran out around noon. Dropped $5k in at $14.31, which brought my average down a good bit. (I really  wish I would have got in with you pioneers a year ago )
Whatever, I got things to do.
Just looking at the ticker, I can see it under $14.00 easily....
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:35:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

What are some good lithium stocks to look into?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:
Originally Posted By TheTech-1:
Originally Posted By ChainedLightning:
None of my lithium stocks are doing shit, unfortunately.

I got in on BSQR at 3.67 though, so that one's green. I see it as a long hold, but it's nice it isn't red.

To me at least.. lithium is ling term... like 3-5 years before we see much happening... 5-10 years from now you wont be able to imagine the days you were able to buy at todays prices. It is what it is. It is not time for lithium to take off to the moon today or even this year. It would make no sense. This is when you build your stack cheaply and accumulate.

What are some good lithium stocks to look into?

Do your own DD buddy but from what i see ABML is kinda the front runner. So some of that .. I really couldn’t tell ya a price point for it though.
I also have ABEPF its just a junior... but they have 99.99% pure lithium so thats why im in that. Abepf is for sure a much longer play than abml... but i like abepf’s chances. There are many others out there im sure..
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#36]

@ChainedLightning where can i go to trade MINE at less than $50 a transaction? It's not open on robinhood (I know) and I want to get something going with it
View Quote

It’s free to trade on fidelity
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By williammunny:

Limits on stock buys for anything under $1 I believe.  Once your funds fully clear in a few more days, you can buy whatever you want.   Same thing happened to me on Schwab.  
View All Quotes

That never happened to me and now I know why, my funds had been in Schwab for a long time - years actually - before I ever bought any OTC stocks. Another thing of note, I was looking at pricing for various things on Schwab yesterday and they show a $50 fee for international stocks but I have never been charged that. Wonder why it is listed that way or if account balance has anything to do with it. I know they revised their pricing structure in the last couple of years, maybe that has been discontinued yet the pricing notice hasn't been updated.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:39:18 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

make sure you are factoring in the fees, if there is a $7 fee and you have $40 free, you can only buy $33 worth.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Have what I thought was a stupid low bid in the mid $13s for MVIS. I wonder if it will hit today.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:44:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bespride] [#40]
Got another 70 mvis @14.10. Brings me up to 830 @ 7.88.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Nefarius:
At a loss? Seems like a bad idea to me. I will sit on my 1k shares until It goes back up. Initial investment and then some. Might be 2 weeks, might be a year.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Nefarius:
Originally Posted By Danted:

It could also be never.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#42]
For MVIS today has really been a

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:47:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinSpinner] [#43]
Originally Posted By bespride:
View Quote

Weird post from mid December

Your edit beat my snark, I saw $4.10
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bespride:

I see now.   But maybe I wrote this message in Dec and just submitted today.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

I had the same issue, it took a few more days before I could buy MINE for me as well.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By crawlin95:

make sure you are factoring in the fees, if there is a $7 fee and you have $40 free, you can only buy $33 worth.
View Quote

amount is actually $300, I kept dropping and I didn't know if I needed buffer room or anything. I plan on going all-in on MINE with that one.

I was listening to a podcast this morning (Ted Radio Hour) about some use of psychological use of hallucinogens' and I've done a bunch of research leading up to this. It's gonna happen eventually, may as well gamble some money on this being the thing that launches.

I am in on MVIS at $13. hard to ride the rocket when you get on after it left by a good bit
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#47]
MVIS approaching the 50 day MA of 13.26, not a bad point to buy in there
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:00:24 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

I bought at 14.20 to lower my ACB.  Coulda gone lower, I guess

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:06:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Put in a fuck it order for 12.90....
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:11:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Well, have a bid for another 1k shares at $13/share.  We'll see.
Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top