Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1713
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#1]
We may get a decent up turn next week.

Microsoft got a Hololens II/IVAS patent dispute dismissed, and the .mil is set to start eating up IVAS like snack crackers.

"Microsoft has managed to dismiss a lawsuit claiming that its alternate reality (AR) device HoloLens infringed on several patents related to 3D imaging.

...The Orlando based D3D Technologies first filed the lawsuit against Microsoft in September last year, claiming that the company had infringed four of its ‘three-dimensional viewing’ patents issued by the USPTO between 2013 and 2018.

The patents-in-suit were US number 8,384,771, 9,349,183, 9,473,766 and 9,980,691.

The 3D image processing technique the patents were “particularly useful for viewing via augmented, virtual or mixed reality head display units”, according to the complaint.

MICROSOFT SUED BY D3D TECHNOLOGIES INC FOR PATENT INFRINGEMENT

SEPTEMBER 18, 2020 LAW.COM NEWSWIRE

D3D alleges that Microsoft willfully infringed on four of D3D’s patents through its sales of the HoloLens products. Microsoft reported that it has partnered with over 140 companies across diverse industries for the use of HoloLens. In addition, Microsoft reported a multimillion-dollar sale of the progeny of HoloLens called IVAS to the Department of Defense. IVAS is reported to become integral to the use of the military due to its vision-enhancing features including the rendering of 3D imaging.

D3D was formed by a former National Security Council staff member for the express purpose of developing proprietary technologies that will significantly enhance 3D imaging for commercial and military uses. D3D advised key personal at Microsoft of its patents and described how D3D’s technology would enhance HoloLens 3D capabilities. Microsoft was informed of D3D’s patents before it announced its sale of HoloLens with enhanced 3D capabilities to the DOD. The initial contract with the DOD is reportedly worth $480 million and is likely to substantially increase."
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 5:33:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By skydive70:
For you technical analysis guys: what are you opinions of the info in this article? Essential says modern times require updated values for overbought and oversold thresholds.

You are using the RSI indicator the wrong way

Feedback is appreciated in advance.
View Quote

I used RSI this afternoon to gauge whether to sell.

Maybe I shouldn't read that if I was wrong.

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BIGHURT:

Still not used to using apps I guess. When buying I use buy, limit order, set my cost (if moving quickly I’ll set it ahead), hit send.  In this case I set 13.95 while app was showing 13.96.  Hit send and it updated to show 14.08 and my order going through at that price. Maybe I didn’t hit limit or something.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

You have some type of trailing- stop or stop-market order going on or something.  What are the specs of your orders?

Still not used to using apps I guess. When buying I use buy, limit order, set my cost (if moving quickly I’ll set it ahead), hit send.  In this case I set 13.95 while app was showing 13.96.  Hit send and it updated to show 14.08 and my order going through at that price. Maybe I didn’t hit limit or something.

Hard to say.  I had once a situation, placing an order similar to what you've described and almost place it at a different price.  I found that I had it set for streaming quotes and somehow the quotes were showing in the box you put your price in but they were changing constantly as the trades execute.  I found a button to turn that nonsense off so it wouldn't keep changing my buy price.

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 5:41:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#4]
Is it ok to throw current events in here on occasion?  This is breaking news:

Cargo Ship Draws Phallic Shape with Route Before Becoming Wedged in Suez Canal

but the so-called “dick ship” would have already drawn plenty of eyes even without the nautical — and seemingly coincidental — penis. Once it left the Red Sea to pass through the Suez Canal, The Suez Canal Authority said a gale-force sand storm wrested control of the behemoth from its operators, wedging it tightly across the entire width of one of the world’s most crucial trade passages.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#5]

It won’t  matter if they don’t get caught.
View Quote

Get caught. Pay the fine.

Cost of doing business...
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#6]
@Osprey61
Now that Sharma is the only one left as a non independent board member, do you think he will remove himself just before a buyout? Or is that really not possible since he's the CEO and will need to see the deal through?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#7]

but the so-called “dick ship” would have already drawn plenty of eyes even without the nautical — and seemingly coincidental — penis. Once it left the Red Sea to pass through the Suez Canal, The Suez Canal Authority said a gale-force sand storm wrested control of the behemoth from its operators, wedging it tightly across the entire width of one of the world’s most crucial trade passages.
View Quote

That'll shut down the passage for what, 30 days? Big disruption in supply channels, right? Oil?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

There's Marines that watch this thread. I can relate.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#10]

but the so-called "dick ship" would have already drawn plenty of eyes even without the nautical  and seemingly coincidental  penis. Once it left the Red Sea to pass through the Suez Canal, The Suez Canal Authority said a gale-force sand storm wrested control of the behemoth from its operators, wedging it tightly across the entire width of one of the world's most crucial trade passages.
View Quote

I would think that's not relevant to the thread, unless you're discussing the economic impact and how it might affect stocks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Learned a valuable lesson in DD today. I took a gamble on hertz. I didn't do nearly enough DD and got sucked into looking at the chart with a slow climbing trend the last couple weeks. Read a couple headlines about how they've reached a settlement on their bankruptcy where they might get out of bankruptcy by June.

I figured I'd gamble a little on it as I'm bullish on travel and things returning to normal. As always nothing I couldn't afford to lose. Well I did some better DD today and found an article that more clearly described what reaching the bankruptcy agreement meant.

In August those shares will cease to exist. For whatever reason they are allowed to continue trading until the August effective date at which time they will be worthless. I bailed. Even made 6% doing it. But boy was I dumb.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's some current events with a sting in the tail.

Talking about SPACs the other day and rumors that they're fighting their target companies for control...since damn near everyone of our competitors seems to be involved with one...and here comes the SEC.

"US regulator opens inquiry into Wall Street's blank check IPO frenzy"

"The boom has been fueled in part by easy monetary conditions as central banks have pumped cash into pandemic-hit economies, while the SPAC structure provides startups with an easier path to go public with less regulatory scrutiny than the traditional IPO route. But the frenzy has started to meet with greater investor skepticism, and has also caught the eye of regulators.

This month, the SEC warned investors against buying into SPACs based on celebrity endorsements and said it was closely watching SPAC disclosures and other “structural” SPAC issues."

That Lidar consolidation may get a helping hand...
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:51:26 PM EDT
[#13]
With the downturns the last few days I've gone from 1250 to 1650 shares.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Here's some current events with a sting in the tail.

Talking about SPACs the other day and rumors that they're fighting their target companies for control...since damn near everyone of our competitors seems to be involved with one...and here comes the SEC.

"US regulator opens inquiry into Wall Street's blank check IPO frenzy"

"The boom has been fueled in part by easy monetary conditions as central banks have pumped cash into pandemic-hit economies, while the SPAC structure provides startups with an easier path to go public with less regulatory scrutiny than the traditional IPO route. But the frenzy has started to meet with greater investor skepticism, and has also caught the eye of regulators.

This month, the SEC warned investors against buying into SPACs based on celebrity endorsements and said it was closely watching SPAC disclosures and other “structural” SPAC issues."

That Lidar consolidation may get a helping hand...
View Quote

Guess we won't get carol baskins to pump up MVIS.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
View Quote

Same, and now my average is above the $2 per share I coveted for months like a boss
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By beebeebeebee:

Get caught. Pay the fine.

Cost of doing business...
View Quote

True also.  Make 100 mil pay 5 mil fine woopty
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:

Guess we won't get that bitch carol fucking baskins to pump up MVIS.
View Quote

Fixed
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:20:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By chargerkid5:
Learned a valuable lesson in DD today. I took a gamble on hertz. I didn't do nearly enough DD and got sucked into looking at the chart with a slow climbing trend the last couple weeks. Read a couple headlines about how they've reached a settlement on their bankruptcy where they might get out of bankruptcy by June.

I figured I'd gamble a little on it as I'm bullish on travel and things returning to normal. As always nothing I couldn't afford to lose. Well I did some better DD today and found an article that more clearly described what reaching the bankruptcy agreement meant.

In August those shares will cease to exist. For whatever reason they are allowed to continue trading until the August effective date at which time they will be worthless. I bailed. Even made 6% doing it. But boy was I dumb.
View Quote

ThankYou for posting that, I was looking @ Hertz was going to buy if they had a nice dip glad I seen your post.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 58Teague:

Same, and now my average is above the $2 per share I coveted for months like a boss
View Quote

eeek I'm sitting on just 2325 with an ACB under $11
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
well I bought 8 more today at the 12.80 dip so I'm right there with you.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By tac34:

ThankYou for posting that, I was looking @ Hertz was going to buy if they had a nice dip glad I seen your post.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tac34:
Originally Posted By chargerkid5:

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Same idea here.  I have trimmed every last ounce of fat that I can roll into MVIS.  Checking the couch cushions next .

Hoping for a few more dips to buy so I can free some cash up before the next stage of upswing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#24]

My AITX has been sucking wind.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:33:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EagleArmsHBAR] [#25]
When I look at my gain/loss info on MVIS in my Schwab account, for some reason some of the cost basis is adjusted due to wash sale activity. Why would they adjust the cost basis for that and how is it figured?  it shows my basis in some shares is as high as $27.12, but I know I never bought any even close to that high, nor did the price ever get that high.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Holy shit, this is devastating for sure or at least it should be for the MM
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:

View Quote

I’m trying to use it right.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#28]
I received my first cash dividend today. $3.74

Gonna quit my job tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:52:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:57:27 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Nyle_AR15:
@Osprey61
Now that Sharma is the only one left as a non independent board member, do you think he will remove himself just before a buyout? Or is that really not possible since he's the CEO and will need to see the deal through?
View Quote

I don't actually know how that particular situation plays out, but I do know Sumit will be very well rewarded.

If you're asking if that will be the final indicator...kind of doubt it. The CEO resigning before an announcement would probably start a panic. I mean, at my house anyway
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#32]
I know most don’t like robinhood app so let me throw this out there. I have set multiple limit buy orders today and have caught more than one placing for more than that limit. Last one was for MVIS set at 13.95 which filled as soon as I hit it for 14.08.  What am I missing?
View Quote

RH did something similar to me. During the AMC craze I hit buy at market price, which was a little over $12. I then got sidetracked at work only to find they filled the order when it hit $16.52. Luckily it was only for 2 shares but I don't trust them now, especially with the other stuff they have pulled.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#33]

It won’t  matter if they don’t get caught only get fined thousands for making millions.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jarvik:
I feel like this is just one big "fuck you" from the major institutions to destroy retail investors. I think GME hit a nerve and they've tightened up their algorithms.

Does anyone know if the wholesalers synch up their machine learning algorithms with other wholesalers? Or would that be illegal?

If it's not illegal....

It won’t  matter if they don’t get caught only get fined thousands for making millions.

FIFY
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:15:46 PM EDT
[#34]

I don't actually know how that particular situation plays out, but I do know Sumit will be very well rewarded.

If you're asking if that will be the final indicator...kind of doubt it. The CEO resigning before an announcement would probably start a panic. I mean, at my house anyway
View Quote

That's why I was asking your opinion. Even though he's a board member I think him being the CEO kinda exempts him from the status that the others had as non independent board members.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:15:46 PM EDT
[#35]
You guys need to remember this on MARKET orders...

The prices displayed on most platforms are delayed.  Usually 15 minutes...

Yet another way they mess with the little guys.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Even after I sell a stock, I keep track it for awhile. I know some guys say don't look back, but I learn by doing so.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:22:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#37]
Was done for the day, but I have to share this. It's a very small thing, but pretty freaking cool.

Gotta keep in mind, they do a lot of cheerleading on LinkedIn, but still...

(huge props to Frobinso on R/MVIS)

"BYD is the world's largest battery & electric vehicle manufacturer that Warren Buffet has quite successfully invested in some years ago.

On Linked in, under the activity of Microvisions VP Software Engineering posting by Yari Honkanen (Microvision's VP Software Engineering) is a posting about software engineering positions open at Microvision:

Microvision is looking for a great Software Development Engineer (LiDar)

There is 1 comment under that activity post of Jari's. It is from Samuel Kang - BYD - Head of Total Technology Solutions of BYD North America

His comment reads: "We believe in Microvision"

BYD - Publicly Traded Company - world's largest battery & electric vehicle manufacturer. 25% is owned by Warren Buffet/ Berkshire Hathaway. We are fighting climate change - Overseeing business development and commercialization on wholistic solutions of clean energy, electric buses, electric school buses, electric trucks (commercial, industrial, port, trash), sky shuttles, skyrails, electric locomotives, electric forklifts, solar panels, infrastructure and energy storage systems. Government relations with the international countries, feds, states, and municipal government."

Frobinso followed with this:
"Could you imagine being bought out by Berkshire Hathaway, or being in a stategic deal with BYD on LiDAR? I have always admired the investment and acquisition style of Berkshire Hathaway, or you might call it the investment style of Warren Buffett. They acquire successful companies and let them continue to run themselves as successful companies."

Microvision wasn't a successful company in the past, but that doesn't mean BH doesn't think that corner has been turned....

ETA: AHHHH! I forgot BYD is Chinese. I'll never forgive Sumit if he sells to BYD (unless Buffett pays cash, up front )
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:32:08 PM EDT
[#38]
I have tended my own garden, much too long.
View Quote

A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#39]

Microvision wasn't a successful company in the past, but that doesn't mean BH doesn't think that corner has been turned....

ETA: AHHHH! I forgot BYD is Chinese. I'll never forgive Sumit if he sells to BYD (unless Buffett pays cash, up front )
View Quote

Ole Warren and BH could pay $10b cash and not even register a blip on the balance sheet, but that's not usually the way they work.
They find the most frugal way to obtain companies and assets (like railroads) then lean them out for max profit.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:00:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Even after I sell a stock, I keep track it for awhile. I know some guys say don't look back, but I learn by doing so.
View Quote

I agree. Out of the 14 or so stocks I cut bait and ran only about 3 I should have held.
The rest showed I made the right choice. It has reinforced my view of charts and what the numbers are telling me
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:39:16 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://y.yarn.co/813076b9-30a0-4011-93f8-256dd5ea276e_text.gif
Or a Happy Meal. Lol
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:53:37 PM EDT
[#42]

Okay, so what will be done about it?
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 12:22:23 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

I do as well.  I look at what I missed to tighten up my trading.  I bailed on puts earlier this week and left money on the table.  If I would’ve taken a closer look at the volume I wouldn’t have paper handed the trade.

RSI shouldn’t be the only thing we’re using though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 12:48:15 AM EDT
[#44]

That's why I was asking your opinion. Even though he's a board member I think him being the CEO kinda exempts him from the status that the others had as non independent board members.
View All Quotes

It shouldn't matter materially to something like a transaction since he would be in such a minority on the board. In fact, the external members have probably formed a special committee for the purpose of negotiating a transaction and have hired counsel that has attorney client privilege with the committee that Sharma or "the company" isn't privy to.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 12:51:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

I do as well.  I look at what I missed to tighten up my trading.  I bailed on puts earlier this week and left money on the table.  If I would’ve taken a closer look at the volume I wouldn’t have paper handed the trade.

View All Quotes

Agreed.

But I find it's one of the early warning systems.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 5:17:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Right now EEENF is my only winner for the week.

Up 34% (from my buy-in)
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:43:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Minerco Expected To Generate Revenues Earlier Than ProjectedPress Release | 03/26/2021

ANN ARBOR, MI / ACCESSWIRE / March 26, 2021 / Minerco, Inc. "The Magic Mushroom Company" (OTC PINK:MINE) is pleased to inform shareholders and the psychedelics industry at large that it is on a positive track forward and expects to generate revenue much earlier than originally projected.

In earlier shareholder communications, the Company had set expectations of revenue generation of August 2021, following the retirement of debts, acquiring a Jamaican production facility, and purchasing equipment to manufacture psilocybin products. The Company has achieved these goals much earlier than expected and is pleased to announce it's on track for revenue generation for April 2021.

"The decriminalization of psilocybin across key cities across the nation has been encouraging for both the industry and the company, as it plans to purchase storefront locations in cities like Ann Arbor, Oakland, Santa Cruz, and now Washington, D.C., which was the latest geographic area to decriminalize psychedelic substances such as psilocybin," said Julius Jenge, Chief Executive Officer of Minerco, Inc. "With two growing revenue streams and a strengthening balance sheet, we expect to be at the forefront of providing micro-dosed tablets to decriminalized areas, while also being the go-to provider for academic institutions that are undergoing studies on psilocybin," concluded Mr. Jenge.

This significant change comes off the heels of the acquisition of WLCCO, a white-labeling CBD company, which has resulted in an immediate gain of $2 million in revenues for company shareholders.

In addition, the company is on track to begin the production of their proprietary micro-dose psilocybin tablets. The company recently purchased and assembled all of the necessary equipment to cultivate and process psilocybin mushrooms in its Jamaica ISO 9001 approved facility. The customized equipment has the capacity to generate one million units of tablets per day of micro-dose psilocybin tables. Each tablet will be 0.10g (one-tenth of a gram) in dose and will come in 30 count bottles.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:56:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#48]

View All Quotes
I have tended my own garden, much too long.

Sometimes it's  a wonder I can think at all, when I think back on all the crap I learned in high school.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 7:00:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Internet is off and on this morning due to the windstorms. Pre-market is green. Another fire sale day???
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 7:05:23 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
Minerco Expected To Generate Revenues Earlier Than ProjectedPress Release | 03/26/2021

ANN ARBOR, MI / ACCESSWIRE / March 26, 2021 / Minerco, Inc. "The Magic Mushroom Company" (OTC PINK:MINE) is pleased to inform shareholders and the psychedelics industry at large that it is on a positive track forward and expects to generate revenue much earlier than originally projected.

In earlier shareholder communications, the Company had set expectations of revenue generation of August 2021, following the retirement of debts, acquiring a Jamaican production facility, and purchasing equipment to manufacture psilocybin products. The Company has achieved these goals much earlier than expected and is pleased to announce it's on track for revenue generation for April 2021.

"The decriminalization of psilocybin across key cities across the nation has been encouraging for both the industry and the company, as it plans to purchase storefront locations in cities like Ann Arbor, Oakland, Santa Cruz, and now Washington, D.C., which was the latest geographic area to decriminalize psychedelic substances such as psilocybin," said Julius Jenge, Chief Executive Officer of Minerco, Inc. "With two growing revenue streams and a strengthening balance sheet, we expect to be at the forefront of providing micro-dosed tablets to decriminalized areas, while also being the go-to provider for academic institutions that are undergoing studies on psilocybin," concluded Mr. Jenge.

This significant change comes off the heels of the acquisition of WLCCO, a white-labeling CBD company, which has resulted in an immediate gain of $2 million in revenues for company shareholders.

In addition, the company is on track to begin the production of their proprietary micro-dose psilocybin tablets. The company recently purchased and assembled all of the necessary equipment to cultivate and process psilocybin mushrooms in its Jamaica ISO 9001 approved facility. The customized equipment has the capacity to generate one million units of tablets per day of micro-dose psilocybin tables. Each tablet will be 0.10g (one-tenth of a gram) in dose and will come in 30 count bottles.

Microdots, huh.  I want to know, in places where it is legal, or decriminalized, do you still get really paranoid and think everyone is staring right at you?
Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top