BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1713
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 7:21:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Total53] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

Microdots, huh.  I want to know, in places where it is legal, or decriminalized, do you still get really paranoid and think everyone is staring right at you?
View Quote

Back in the late '60s early '70s there was some serious paranoia that you could be "slipped" a LSD laced micro-dot.

MINE is making micro-dose tablets which hopefully are very different than the little paper micro-dots of yesteryear!

Page 552 ownage!
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 7:35:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Today is the last day to load up cheap shares of MINE. They just PR'd that the pill machines are assembled and ready to start manufacturing at their Jamaican facility. I fully expect pictures and more info in another PR either today or Monday. In my opinion once all the info is verified that their Jamaican facility is indeed real, it's pennyland.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 8:13:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By tadow:
Today is the last day to load up cheap shares of MINE. They just PR'd that the pill machines are assembled and ready to start manufacturing at their Jamaican facility. I fully expect pictures and more info in another PR either today or Monday. In my opinion once all the info is verified that their Jamaican facility is indeed real, it's pennyland.
View Quote

The PR was about retiring the debt early on the mfg machines and location in Jamaica.
Also, talked about "Cities" that have relaxed psychedelic  substance laws and that's where they PLAN to set up shop.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 8:15:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Total53:

The PR was about retiring the debt early on the mfg machines and location in Jamaica.
Also, talked about "Cities" that have relaxed psychedelic  substance laws and that's where they PLAN to set up shop.
View Quote

Breaking the 52 week high next week.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 8:17:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BIGHURT] [#5]
Those 11.68-11.70 buy orders are stacked.

ETA sorry, talking MVIS
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 8:24:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By surveyor3:
Right now EEENF is my only winner for the week.

Up 34% (from my buy-in)
View Quote

Hats off to you if you were the guy who suggested this stock.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 8:52:07 AM EDT
[#7]
set up Schwab so I could trade OTC... funded it this week. Not cleaned yet to get mine :(
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:01:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
When I look at my gain/loss info on MVIS in my Schwab account, for some reason some of the cost basis is adjusted due to wash sale activity. Why would they adjust the cost basis for that and how is it figured?  it shows my basis in some shares is as high as $27.12, but I know I never bought any even close to that high, nor did the price ever get that high.
View Quote

Anyone know the answer to the above?
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:06:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

There is 1 comment under that activity post of Jari's. It is from Samuel Kang - BYD - Head of Total Technology Solutions of BYD North America

His comment reads: "We believe in Microvision"

BYD - Publicly Traded Company - world's largest battery & electric vehicle manufacturer. 25% is owned by Warren Buffet/ Berkshire Hathaway. We are fighting climate change - Overseeing business development and commercialization on wholistic solutions of clean energy, electric buses, electric school buses, electric trucks (commercial, industrial, port, trash), sky shuttles, skyrails, electric locomotives, electric forklifts, solar panels, infrastructure and energy storage systems. Government relations with the international countries, feds, states, and municipal government."

View Quote

Enthusiasm for comment #1 is tempered by comment #2.  Loses a lot  of credibility.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Anybody wanna buy $250 worth of MINE for me?
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:14:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BIGHURT] [#11]
^$5?
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
When I look at my gain/loss info on MVIS in my Schwab account, for some reason some of the cost basis is adjusted due to wash sale activity. Why would they adjust the cost basis for that and how is it figured?  it shows my basis in some shares is as high as $27.12, but I know I never bought any even close to that high, nor did the price ever get that high.

You should be able to run that report showing wash sales and also excluding wash sales,  Both options should be available
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:16:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cmsnare] [#13]

View All Quotes

@EagleArmsHBAR

A wash sale is triggered when you sell shares for a loss, but repurchase the same or a substantially similar security 30 days before or 30 days after the sale which realized the loss.  So, it sounds like you sold some of your shares of MVIS for less than you paid for them, but then bought more within 30 days of that sale.  In this case the IRS is basically saying that from their view, your position in MVIS hasn't materially changed, so the amount of the loss you realized (what you paid for the shares you sold, less what you sold them for) is disallowed.  This disallowed loss amount is then added to to the cost basis of the shares that were repurchased within the wash sale window, which is how your cost basis is higher than the stock has ever traded (....yet).  If you sell multiple times for a loss, but keep buying back in, the disallowed losses add together when they are "washed" on to the repurchased shares.

The "disallowed" loss will stick around until you exit the position and stay out for 30 days.  One of the primary drivers for the wash sale rule, was when folks would sell all of their stocks they had a loss in at the end of the calendar year (to get the tax write off) and then rebuy the same stocks after the first of the new year.  They got a credit they could use to write off against their taxes, but their net position didn't materially change, so the IRS instigated the wash sale rule.  

One thing that may have gotten you caught is that you thought you were selling a lot of shares that you had a gain on, but ended up selling some you had a loss on.  The default cost basis method for sales at most brokerages is FIFO, but most brokerages have other options too, including LIFO, high cost, low cost, and assigned lots.  You can usually assign which cost basis method you want applied at the time you set up the trade, after the trade executes, or up through settlement of the trade (two business days after the trade executes for stocks).  Check with your broker to see how their system is set up to adjust cost basis methods if you're not sure, but this is one way to avoid wash sales if you're selling part of your position.  That is, if you sell stock that you have a gain on, you'll pay tax, but there is no loss to disallow.  If you sell stock for a loss, be aware that if you buy back in (including 30 days before the sale....) you'll trigger this wash sale rule.  It's not the end of the world since the tax portion all nets out in the end, but it does make your cost basis look a little ugly in the mean time.

Just to help with an illustration, in case others have questions on wash sales, since they're odd to think through initially:

January 1 - Purchase XYZ stock, 100 shares @ $10 - total cost basis = $1000
January 15 - Sell XYZ stock, 100 shares @ $5 - loss realized = $500
January 20 - Purchase XYZ stock, 100 shares @ $7 - cost basis for this trade = $700, wash sale rule triggered

Since shares were sold for a loss and then repurchased within the wash sale window, the $500 loss realized on January 15th is disallowed, and is added to the cost basis of the January 20 purchase.  Therefore, the account will display:

XYZ stock - 100 shares - cost basis $1300 ($13/share), which is the $700 repurchase cost, plus the $500 disallowed loss from the wash sale.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Hoping this downward slide continues for a week or so.  Next week will be my last chance to move any amount of cash into my brokerage before likely June.  Starting to feel like time is running out to accumulate shares.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:18:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:23:09 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

I should have bought another 500,000 shares instead of those MVIS April $20 calls
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:25:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:

Enthusiasm for comment #1 is tempered by comment #2.  Loses a lot  of credibility.
View Quote

The other part of BYD being a downer is the percent of Chinese ownership. While Berkshire's ownership is 25%, what is the foreign owned part.
The SEC crackdown should have an effect on these companies but what that effect is, is anybody's guess
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:25:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By cmsnare:

@EagleArmsHBAR

A wash sale is triggered when you sell shares for a loss, but repurchase the same or a substantially similar security 30 days before or 30 days after the sale which realized the loss.  So, it sounds like you sold some of your shares of MVIS for less than you paid for them, but then bought more within 30 days of that sale.  In this case the IRS is basically saying that from their view, your position in MVIS hasn't materially changed, so the amount of the loss you realized (what you paid for the shares you sold, less what you sold them for) is disallowed.  This disallowed loss amount is then added to to the cost basis of the shares that were repurchased within the wash sale window, which is how your cost basis is higher than the stock has ever traded (....yet).

The "disallowed" loss will stick around until you exit the position and stay out for 30 days.  One of the primary drivers for the wash sale rule, was when folks would sell all of their stocks they had a loss in at the end of the calendar year (to get the tax write off) and then rebuy the same stocks after the first of the new year.  They got a credit they could use to write off against their taxes, but their net position didn't materially change, so the IRS instigated the wash sale rule.  

One thing that may have gotten you caught is that you thought you were selling a lot of shares that you had a gain on, but ended up selling some you had a loss on.  The default cost basis method for sales is FIFO, but most brokerages have other options too, including LIFO, high cost, low cost, and assigned lots.  You can usually assign which cost basis method you want applied at the time you set up the trade, after the trade executes, or up through settlement of the trade (two business days after the trade executes for stocks).  Check with your broker to see how their system is set up to adjust cost basis methods if you're not sure, but this is one way to avoid wash sales if you're selling part of your position.  That is, if you sell stock that you have a gain on, you'll pay tax, but there is no loss to disallow.  If you sell stock for a loss, be aware that if you buy back in (including 30 days before the sale....) you'll trigger this wash sale rule.  It's not the end of the world since the tax portion all nets out in the end, but it does make your cost basis look a little ugly in the mean time.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cmsnare:

@EagleArmsHBAR

A wash sale is triggered when you sell shares for a loss, but repurchase the same or a substantially similar security 30 days before or 30 days after the sale which realized the loss.  So, it sounds like you sold some of your shares of MVIS for less than you paid for them, but then bought more within 30 days of that sale.  In this case the IRS is basically saying that from their view, your position in MVIS hasn't materially changed, so the amount of the loss you realized (what you paid for the shares you sold, less what you sold them for) is disallowed.  This disallowed loss amount is then added to to the cost basis of the shares that were repurchased within the wash sale window, which is how your cost basis is higher than the stock has ever traded (....yet).

One thing that may have gotten you caught is that you thought you were selling a lot of shares that you had a gain on, but ended up selling some you had a loss on.  The default cost basis method for sales is FIFO, but most brokerages have other options too, including LIFO, high cost, low cost, and assigned lots.  You can usually assign which cost basis method you want applied at the time you set up the trade, after the trade executes, or up through settlement of the trade (two business days after the trade executes for stocks).  Check with your broker to see how their system is set up to adjust cost basis methods if you're not sure, but this is one way to avoid wash sales if you're selling part of your position.  That is, if you sell stock that you have a gain on, you'll pay tax, but there is no loss to disallow.  If you sell stock for a loss, be aware that if you buy back in (including 30 days before the sale....) you'll trigger this wash sale rule.  It's not the end of the world since the tax portion all nets out in the end, but it does make your cost basis look a little ugly in the mean time.

Excellent.  I was going to add that there are a number of complexities involved with brokers tracking cost basis, gains, etc. and it certainly depends on the cost basis of the specific shares sold, not your cost basis for the entire position which is an average.  One thing they do - whenever a dividend is paid they reduce your cost basis of those shares if you have the dividend reinvested, but not if you have the dividend paid to cash.    Bottom line is I always write buys and sells in a notebook and track this myself.  The stuff the broker might do is used for tax purposes unless substantially different from my accounting.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:34:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By mrkma:

LTNC
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:
Hydrogen infused designer water having a good day/week. I'm up good percentage wise on it. Might just hold it until it surpasses Gatorade as the #1 sports drink in the world. Then I'll sell and retire early.

Sounds like a plan.

What's the ticker on that one?

LTNC
Labor Smart Inc LTNC ????

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:42:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By BIGHURT:

ETA sorry, talking MVIS
View Quote
Waiting for any decent drop...hoping for at least mid 12's.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:

I should have bought another 500,000 shares instead of those MVIS April $20 calls
View All Quotes

This is definitely good news. Production 6 months ahead of schedule? That can only mean more revenue.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:59:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BIGHURT] [#22]
Main markets up my port dropping gtfo lol

ETA I’ve got to start treating play account same as retirement and stop watching the tickers
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 10:06:18 AM EDT
[#23]
After the last two weeks of bleeding, I'll take this sea of green today.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

We will see.  Sitting on 250,000 shares right now and still down 55%.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 10:45:12 AM EDT
[#25]

ETA sorry, talking MVIS
View Quote
@BIGHURT What this potentially mean, if anything?
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:
After the last two weeks of bleeding, I'll take this sea of green today.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/88151/03F847F5-75A2-4EC4-A206-3693CF085B5E_png-1880448.JPG

View Quote

So happy to see you are sharing with me the agony of CCIV! I don't feel so alone now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 10:53:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Bthorn:
View All Quotes

ETA sorry, talking MVIS

Sounds like he's got some limits set hoping we dip again today. I also bought more in the 12s.  This dip is killing my cash.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By jb31:

Sounds like he's got some limits set hoping we dip again today. I also bought more in the 12s.  This dip is killing my cash.
View Quote
Oh, I thought he was talking about other visible buy orders.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#29]
I am adding more.  I like licking stuff.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:04:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RatherBeLifting] [#30]

After yesterday I'm now the proud owner of 70 April 16 $20 contracts .
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

4/16/21

ETA:  It just adds to my collection.  I bought 5 @ $14 yesterday.

After yesterday I'm now the proud owner of 70 April 16 $20 contracts .

Just bought more 4/16 @13

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#31]
MVIS why do you hate me....at least gme is doing that thing again
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:15:30 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Hopefully plunge and slingshot.  My luck plunge and plunge and plunge
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:16:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Oh, I thought he was talking about other visible buy orders.
View Quote

When I looked this morning there were large buy orders at those numbers
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:20:18 AM EDT
[#34]
NAT starting to liftoff
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:27:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 58Teague:
NAT starting to liftoff
View Quote

Yep. Suez blocked has people scrambling for tankers to rent.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:30:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By AJ-IN-JAX:

View All Quotes
Hydrogen infused designer water having a good day/week. I'm up good percentage wise on it. Might just hold it until it surpasses Gatorade as the #1 sports drink in the world. Then I'll sell and retire early.

Sounds like a plan.

LTNC

Kinda unconvientional. Labor placement company "Labor Smart Inc" was approched with the acquision of the startup beverage company "Takedown Industries".  When you buy a share of $LTNC you are buying in to both the labor placement side of the company and the new beverage startup that has the bigger potential.

As a side note re: the labor side, two of their clients are the KC Royals and KC Chiefs, they have also pulled in a million in sales this year to date per a CEO Ryan Schadel tweet I believe.

Near term beverage side drivers: pink current expected any moment, beverage website and product purchasing within a week.
Further out drivers: athetic endorsements (visability by Alex Guerrero (Tom Brady's trainer) and recently Manny Pacquiao's foundation) and distribution into brick and mortar (ongoing negotiations with 7-11 and Kroger per Takeover Industries CEO @TakeoverJoe)

Good week for $LTNC up around +50% from the opening on Monday with current time stamped share price.

A beverage artwork peek was provided by Takeover's CEO @TakeoverJoe this week, someone lightened the darkened image, see below.  Favored versions said to follow, as well as other similar products.

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Personal choice for me to stay clear of investing in products that remain on the fed Schedule 1 list.

For those that are, this is an outstanding article on the investment atmosphere surrounding the use of psychedelics to treat depression. Worth reading all the way through. Surprisingly, some of the major drug companies are working with the FDA on clinical trials, but wholesale reclassification still looks a long way off. The market is there, but may remain heavily regulated...at least on the legal side.

From an investing standpoint, on the up side...clinical depression is a HUGE problem, and psilocybin mushrooms show great promise as a treatment with few complications (although the whole "may precipitate psychotic breaks in prone individuals" gives some pause).

On the downside, the majors aren't sitting on the sidelines watching. Medicinally, they're doing their own legwork, and are already poised to manufacture, distribute and promote when given the green light.

If you're going in on the recreational thesis...good luck. You pass relatively calm, stoned individuals on the street all day long and barely notice. Manically laughing, wild-eyed individuals attract a lot of attention. It's going to rattle the straight population pretty hard everywhere except the liberal cesspools.

Excellent background:
I can see for miles and miles...
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:37:11 AM EDT
[#38]
I set a buy order for SLGG for 6.50, which may be too low, but the charts tell me it's heading back down, so we'll see. It isn't a huge order, but enough to get me into it where I can watch and decide if I want to get in heavier. It's a meme stock for now, but I think it has promise as a company as well.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Yup, bought more April 16 $20 again today. I thought I was done but I lied to myself
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Weird market this morning.

NASDAQ slightly up, APPL and AMZN down, MVIS and Luminar down and Velodyne up a few pennies.

Feels like much uncertainty, but relative calm. I'm okay with that
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By CKA:

Kinda unconvientional. Labor placement company "Labor Smart Inc" was approched with the acquision of the startup beverage company "Takedown Industries".  When you buy a share of $LTNC you are buying in to both the labor placement side of the company and the new beverage startup that has the bigger potential.

As a side note re: the labor side, two of their clients are the KC Royals and KC Chiefs, they have also pulled in a million in sales this year to date per a CEO Ryan Schadel tweet I believe.

Near term beverage side drivers: pink current expected any moment, beverage website and product purchasing within a week.
Further out drivers: athetic endorsements (visability by Alex Guerrero (Tom Brady's trainer) and recently Manny Pacquiao's foundation) and distribution into brick and mortar (ongoing negotiations with 7-11 and Kroger per Takeover Industries CEO @TakeoverJoe)

Good week for $LTNC up around +50% from the opening on Monday with current time stamped share price.

A beverage artwork peek was provided by Takeover's CEO @TakeoverJoe this week, someone lightened the darkened image, see below.  Favored versions said to follow, as well as other similar products.

http://www.pcbwerks.com/pics/nxtlvl2.jpg
View All Quotes

Sounds like a plan.

LTNC

http://www.pcbwerks.com/pics/nxtlvl2.jpg

Humm....thx
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Buy it cheap and stack it deep.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#43]

Humm....thx
View Quote

Ryan Schadel's (Labor Smart's CEO) explaination of how the deal came together:

Ryan Schadel LTNC Live News Announcment Feb 28 2021
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Weird market this morning.

NASDAQ slightly up, APPL and AMZN down, MVIS and Luminar down and Velodyne up a few pennies.

Feels like much uncertainty, but relative calm. I'm okay with that
View Quote

I look at it as a buying opportunity.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Well, I bought my first option.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 12:10:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By surveyor3:
Well, I bought my first option.
View Quote

MVIS took my option virginity as well

I bought some April, May, and way out to November options. Between $15-18
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 12:12:25 PM EDT
[#47]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MitnVyzEa9Y
View Quote

Did he say 6.8 billion shares?

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MitnVyzEa9Y

It's why i didn't jump in; Shares Outstanding: 7.89B
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 12:21:32 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Yes, yes he did.  Jump in now for the water with HYDROGEN in it

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 12:21:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 58Teague] [#50]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

It's why i didn't jump in; Shares Outstanding: 7.89B
View Quote

Honestly curious if there's any companies that reached that many shares outstanding and actually become profitable, solid businesses.
Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top