View Quote

And page 553 ownage too!!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 12:24:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CKA] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

Did he say 6.8 billion shares?

View Quote

Stay on the sidelines if the OS is a concern.

ETA: typo correction
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 12:30:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RatherBeLifting] [#3]
Originally Posted By Zac87:

MVIS took my option virginity as well

I bought some April, May, and way out to November options. Between $15-18
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By surveyor3:
Well, I bought my first option.

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 58Teague:

Honestly curious if there's any companies that reached that many shares outstanding and actually become profitable, solid businesses.
View Quote

The guys out there hustling, trying to build a business. I'll never be disrespectful of anyone doing that.

The method he's using bears close scrutiny before sinking cash...from a Feb 22, 2021 Investor Place article that isn't a blatant hit piece, for whatever that's worth. Does advise caution, which is kind of a toxic kiss if you're trying to denigrate a company up 4000% in 2020.

- In fact, it filed Form 15-12G with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in March 2016. This form allows companies to de-register securities or to terminate reporting requirements.
- As a result of this filing, Labor SMART says it now communicates all important information through Twitter (NYSE:TWTR), its designated platform.

That "terminate reporting requirements" is the only red flag I see. It's the same reason the SEC is going after the Chinese, and you always have to have it in the back of your mind it may be for the same reasons.

Killing with faint praise
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 12:45:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#5]
Personal choice for me to stay clear of investing in products that remain on the fed Schedule 1 list.

For those that are, this is an outstanding article on the investment atmosphere surrounding the use of psychedelics to treat depression. Worth reading all the way through. Surprisingly, some of the major drug companies are working with the FDA on clinical trials, but wholesale reclassification still looks a long way off. The market is there, but may remain heavily regulated...at least on the legal side.

From an investing standpoint, on the up side...clinical depression is a HUGE problem, and psilocybin mushrooms show great promise as a treatment with few complications (although the whole "may precipitate psychotic breaks in prone individuals" gives some pause).

On the downside, the majors aren't sitting on the sidelines watching. Medicinally, they're doing their own legwork, and are already poised to manufacture, distribute and promote when given the green light.

If you're going in on the recreational thesis...good luck. You pass relatively calm, stoned individuals on the street all day long and barely notice. Manically laughing, wild-eyed individuals attract a lot of attention. It's going to rattle the straight population pretty hard everywhere except the liberal cesspools.

Excellent background:
I can see for miles and miles...
View Quote

I've always held a fascination for the various mind altering substances such as these.   I've had more than a small number of profound occurrences and life-enriching revelations as a direct result of being able to experience one's ego when freed from the multitude of filters through which we normally perceive reality.   This allows me to deal with life in an objective way, regardless of my position in any given situation.

With the premise that our modern brains/minds have evolved , as an accumulation of multiple layers over time, layer upon layer grown over the initial primordial or so-called  'lizard brain',  the thoughts and experiences of the totality of  humanity are all stored there, they can be accessed and unlocked by removing barriers.  We are able to experience (pure) reality by 'destroying' ego and using a brain that existed at an earlier phase of evolution, or if you wish, we can go back to the fundamental particles that the universe started from – stardust. .  All of this past time and experience is locked away by the barriers needed for us to successfully exist among others in a society, such barrier as language, for example.  At some point verbal language becomes insufficient to relate an experience.  Here too can be found the so called universal mind.  

If you consider that all particles in existence have the same origin, are born from the same material, then is there not a single stream of consciousness or commonality that flows through everything?  In a time long past, during the culmination of one experience then, (actually a series of experiences over a short period)  I had for a moment the crystal clear profound understanding of the universal mind – of being part of everything, everywhere – all matter and substance connected together as one thing suddenly and accessible without the constraint of time.  I’ve been unable to get there again.    No doubt the therapeutic values of such experience is  immeasurable and untapped.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 12:52:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

I've always held a fascination for the various mind altering substances such as these.   I've had more than a small number of profound occurrences and life-enriching revelations as a direct result of being able to experience one's ego when freed from the multitude of filters through which we normally perceive reality.   This allows me to deal with life in an objective way, regardless of my position in any given situation.

With the premise that our modern brains/minds have evolved , as an accumulation of multiple layers over time, layer upon layer grown over the initial primordial or so-called  'lizard brain',  the thoughts and experiences of the totality of  humanity are all stored there, they can be accessed and unlocked by removing barriers.  We are able to experience (pure) reality by 'destroying' ego and using a brain that existed at an earlier phase of evolution, or if you wish, we can go back to the fundamental particles that the universe started from – stardust. .  All of this past time and experience is locked away by the barriers needed for us to successfully exist among others in a society, such barrier as language, for example.  At some point verbal language becomes insufficient to relate an experience.  Here too can be found the so called universal mind.  

If you consider that all particles in existence have the same origin, are born from the same material, then is there not a single stream of consciousness or commonality that flows through everything?  In a time long past, during the culmination of one experience then, (actually a series of experiences over a short period)  I had for a moment the crystal clear profound understanding of the universal mind – of being part of everything, everywhere – all matter and substance connected together as one thing suddenly and accessible without the constraint of time.  I’ve been unable to get there again.    No doubt the therapeutic values of such experience is  immeasurable and untapped.
View Quote

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes
Personal choice for me to stay clear of investing in products that remain on the fed Schedule 1 list.

For those that are, this is an outstanding article on the investment atmosphere surrounding the use of psychedelics to treat depression. Worth reading all the way through. Surprisingly, some of the major drug companies are working with the FDA on clinical trials, but wholesale reclassification still looks a long way off. The market is there, but may remain heavily regulated...at least on the legal side.

From an investing standpoint, on the up side...clinical depression is a HUGE problem, and psilocybin mushrooms show great promise as a treatment with few complications (although the whole "may precipitate psychotic breaks in prone individuals" gives some pause).

On the downside, the majors aren't sitting on the sidelines watching. Medicinally, they're doing their own legwork, and are already poised to manufacture, distribute and promote when given the green light.

If you're going in on the recreational thesis...good luck. You pass relatively calm, stoned individuals on the street all day long and barely notice. Manically laughing, wild-eyed individuals attract a lot of attention. It's going to rattle the straight population pretty hard everywhere except the liberal cesspools.

Excellent background:

Yeah, I’ve tripped balls too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#8]
All my shit is barcoding, at least it's not going down
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Was checking out Yahoo Finance this morning and noticed that ViaComCBS (VIACA) has gone from 100 just four days ago to 52 today.  That had to hurt a lot of shareholders.  Don't know exactly what happened yet but buying opportunity?
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Mike_48:
Was checking out Yahoo Finance this morning and noticed that ViaComCBS (VIACA) has gone from 100 just four days ago to 52 today.  That had to hurt a lot of shareholders.  Don't know exactly what happened yet but buying opportunity?
View Quote

Eh, Fuck the mainstream media
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:17:36 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Dammit, you owe me a new keyboard.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#12]
SENS is down quite a bit.  Time to get more?
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:20:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Mike_48:
View Quote

Wallstreet analysts have downgraded with concerns tied to a new equity offering and share dilution.

Might be some buying opportunity here though.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:25:40 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

Excellent background:

The question is have you been able to apply what you've learned?
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Perhaps the best TL/DR I've ever seen
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Picked up a few more MVIS at 13.10
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
View Quote

I bought more today -  just read an overview of that company and it looks like a keeper.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:42:24 PM EDT
[#18]

I bought more today -  just read an overview of that company and it looks like a keeper.
View All Quotes

Holding some, but just bought more.  Averaging down.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:50:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BIGHURT] [#19]
Lmfao. I control MVIS. Sold a bunch earlier and price went up, bought some later price dives 🤣. Almost worth the losses to prove I’m a jinx over and over.

ETA. I’m going to just stop playing with it now so future spikes/dips not my fault
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/666/080/25a.jpg

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/666/080/25a.jpg

I didn't know any of this - they hold 519 patents - issued and pending!  They have a partnership with  Ascensia- a 70 year old company - apparently a market leader in BGM, they're in  125 countries and have 10 million customers. Ascencia might be looking to actually upgrade or replace it's tech with SENS' tech.  This might be an all or none investment, meaning success might hinge mostly on FDA approval for their eversense device sometime this year. That already has approval in Europe.  It's worth taking this risk since the upside could be enormous.  This is one of the few names I will hold onto for the duration, as opposed to all the other 'day trading' stuff.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By BIGHURT:
Lmfao. I control MVIS. Sold a bunch earlier and price went up, bought some later price dives 🤣. Almost worth the losses to prove I’m a jinx over and over.

ETA. I’m going to just stop playing with it now so future spikes/dips not my fault
View Quote

I thought it was just me. Every time I sell it goes up. Every time I buy it tanks.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#22]
jfc, FUBO is on sale today.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Are you Joe Rogan?
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By evo7011:

Are you Joe Rogan?
View All Quotes

Are you Joe Rogan?

I don't know who that is.  Do I look like him?
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Are you Joe Rogan?

He, too, has experimented a lot with removing barriers in his brain
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:59:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Pivot back to MVIS. Down almost in lockstep with Luminar...so dullish, but we should get the traditional Friday load against a Monday event.

Not expecting any upside today, just want to finish the week on a stable footing.

This, on the other hand (again, cribbed from R/MVIS) is significant for tea-leaf reading, though it falls more under the concrete info level that leads to a number of what-ifs.

Everyone knows Microvision is hiring. It's what they're hiring that matters...and this one is a signpost on the development milestone checklist.

Reliability Engineering Manager:

Responsibilities: (long list, I cut it down to the nub)

-Responsible for all aspects of reliability including component, subassembly and final product reliability specification, analysis, testing execution and documentation

Why? First comment...
"I’m a quality engineer and work with the reliability team almost every day. They are usually only brought in once a new product is in proto phases (after concept, before engineering validation). The fact they need someone to write FMEAs means they’re either doing a dFMEA risk assessment on a new product to find risks in the design or pFMEA on rapidly scaling a product for mass production. Either way pretty legit to know they need someone to work on that now."

I remain very concerned Microvision has ideas about going it alone, despite Sumit's absolute denial that they have any intention of doing so. Given the chip shortage right now, striking out on their own brings back way too many pesky green laser flashbacks. Smarter people than me (who have actually been through this process) are saying this is part-and-parcel of handing over a turn-key operation featuring a product ready to scale, and for the most part I believe them.

The Lidar is coming to fruition...every single external indicator is flashing green, and a lot of ancillary ones to boot. If Sumit is being truthful, it's going to be interesting to see how far along in the development process before our partner/acquisition corp moves. The other widely accepted wisdom says they'll want proof of capability, reliability and scalability...and it doesn't look like we're very far off all three.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:09:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RatherBeLifting] [#27]

View All Quotes

Are you Joe Rogan?

That's crazy...

Jamie pull that up.

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Where are all of the people saying they wished they bought in last time it dipped to $11-12? Getting to be your second chance...
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:33:31 PM EDT
[#29]
I certainly hope next week is more exciting.  

I thought we'd see more of a stimulus pop.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

You'd be fun to have a few shots of Jack with, at the very least.

I wrote the reptile brain stuff into a novel and unintentionally managed to alienate some readers. I had no idea that was a hot-button issue for some. The fight-or-flight instinct is fine to bring up, but assuming the center of our brain is still the remnants of the reptile/base brain functions and everything else has layered on top of that isn't. It wasn't even a big part of the story, just someone coming to an understanding of why their reflexes acted a certain way so they could try to remap them.

Back on subject, if I had cash in the account, I'd probably pick up some more SENS, but I spent it all on other bargains, and I don't see anything up enough to make me want to sell it.

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By MrZeat:
Where are all of the people saying they wished they bought in last time it dipped to $11-12? Getting to be your second chance...
View Quote

Last buy at 12.60 - no funds left to use
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By m6z:

View Quote

Me too. Crypto picked up over the first weekend, but then went down and hasn't gone back up. Not too far down, just far enough it's between the points where it makes sense for me to buy or sell.

So, neither crypto nor stocks have seen the bumps we were hoping for as a result of the stimulus. It'd be interesting to find out what most people are spending their free money on. Might want to buy stonks on that.

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Sitting on half dozen MVIS leaps spread out over the next year.  Keeps things interesting.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:44:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#34]
Pivot back to MVIS. Down almost in lockstep with Luminar...so dullish, but we should get the traditional Friday load against a Monday event.

Not expecting any upside today, just want to finish the week on a stable footing.

This, on the other hand (again, cribbed from R/MVIS) is significant for tea-leaf reading, though it falls more under the concrete info level that leads to a number of what-ifs.

Everyone knows Microvision is hiring. It's what they're hiring that matters...and this one is a signpost on the development milestone checklist.

Reliability Engineering Manager:

Responsibilities: (long list, I cut it down to the nub)

-Responsible for all aspects of reliability including component, subassembly and final product reliability specification, analysis, testing execution and documentation

Why? First comment...
"I’m a quality engineer and work with the reliability team almost every day. They are usually only brought in once a new product is in proto phases (after concept, before engineering validation). The fact they need someone to write FMEAs means they’re either doing a dFMEA risk assessment on a new product to find risks in the design or pFMEA on rapidly scaling a product for mass production. Either way pretty legit to know they need someone to work on that now."

I remain very concerned Microvision has ideas about going it alone, despite Sumit's absolute denial that they have any intention of doing so. Given the chip shortage right now, striking out on their own brings back way too many pesky green laser flashbacks. Smarter people than me (who have actually been through this process) are saying this is part-and-parcel of handing over a turn-key operation featuring a product ready to scale, and for the most part I believe them.

The Lidar is coming to fruition...every single external indicator is flashing green, and a lot of ancillary ones to boot. If Sumit is being truthful, it's going to be interesting to see how far along in the development process before our partner/acquisition corp moves. The other widely accepted wisdom says they'll want proof of capability, reliability and scalability...and it doesn't look like we're very far off all three.
View Quote

@Osprey61

Other than the great details you post and for which I thank you, I am not following  the transition, however it might turn out, closely enough to know how far off base this might be, but is it at all beyond the realm of possibility that a company might hire and reposition personnel and resources as part of a negotiating tactic?   In other words would there be enough upside to Sumit's actions, by continuing to show every indication of gearing up for self sufficiency and moving in their own direction regardless,  to make the efforts pay off in the form of better terms and conditions, buyout price, etc?   If I demonstrate to several potential partners during such a negotiation,  that I can very well stand on my own without anyone, doesn't that put me in a stronger position as far a what it would take to do a merger/acquisition?
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Total53:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Total53:

Watching, waiting. If it goes into the low $12s I'm in for another hundred shares or so...
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ChainedLightning:

I wrote the reptile brain stuff into a novel and unintentionally managed to alienate some readers. I had no idea that was a hot-button issue for some. The fight-or-flight instinct is fine to bring up, but assuming the center of our brain is still the remnants of the reptile/base brain functions and everything else has layered on top of that isn't. It wasn't even a big part of the story, just someone coming to an understanding of why their reflexes acted a certain way so they could try to remap them.

Back on subject, if I had cash in the account, I'd probably pick up some more SENS, but I spent it all on other bargains, and I don't see anything up enough to make me want to sell it.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ChainedLightning:

That's right, you are a writer.  Well you might know from experience the different ways people will react to different ideas and how they are presented, especially when it collides with their core beliefs or at least opens a door into considering something they didn't know about.    Maybe this is a case of some not wanting to delve into the possibility that they have little or no control over their actions?  Where could I find your novel?
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:48:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mks99] [#37]
View Quote

I did my best this week.  Started too high with buying at just under $17 for MVIS.

Now I'm out of cash till my Biden bucks show up.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:51:37 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

I’ll be surprised if it stops there.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Bought at 12.92 and then again at 12.75.  Running out of funds....
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#40]
BRLL looking good today.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#41]
hedge funds are shorting stocks with dark money
AMC is one of em.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By crowTrobotwork:
AMC is one of em.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 3:23:28 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Try for 2.00

Scored some the other day during the giant shit show.

Gonna grab more at 2.00 of MVIS is not below 12
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By m6z:
View Quote
The Krypto pop was tempered by the Biden pre-Depression
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By crowTrobotwork:
AMC is one of em.
View Quote

what does this mean?
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Bflamante:

Sitting on half dozen MVIS leaps spread out over the next year.  Keeps things interesting.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bflamante:

That's not what LEAPs are....
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Look at the big bear we got here!!!

Get'em, make your money
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 3:55:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m3tric] [#48]
Got a stash of cash but no action today. A lot of flirting with my limit buys today, but never filled.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Nothing like a spaz moment/losing a few k that makes you remember this is a waiting game 🤦🏼‍♂️   I blame it on not being able to drink at work 🤣
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 3:58:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BIGHURT] [#50]

Look at the big bear we got here!!!

Get'em, make your money
View Quote

LOL Na not bear just a damn spaz today.
Page / 1713
Top Top