Site Notices
Page / 1713
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
Picked up a few more MVIS at 13.10
View Quote

Nice.  Have had a $12.50 bid in since this morning.  Got close, but no cigar.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 4:07:13 PM EDT
[#2]
something sure lit a fire under BRLL the second half of today.  Finished up 56%.  And I'm STILL red on it
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 4:16:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BIGHURT:

LOL Na not bear just a damn spaz today.
View Quote

Funny, I was just about to make a comment about you having an odd attitude for a long. I do grumpy well on occasion too, though.

We ended down 4%, stable, which is pretty much what I was hoping for. Even better, Luminar ended down 5%, which means this was more of a sector shake than anything else. Velodyne actually made a few pennies, but they've been beaten down harder than most lately.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:

what does this mean?
View Quote

I assumed he meant dark pools like Instinet.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Well that was fun.  Bought low.....still in the red.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MrZeat:

That's not what LEAPs are....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bflamante:
Originally Posted By Zac87:
Originally Posted By surveyor3:
Well, I bought my first option.

MVIS took my option virginity as well

I bought some April, May, and way out to November options. Between $15-18

Sitting on half dozen MVIS leaps spread out over the next year.  Keeps things interesting.

More like HOPs or SKIPs...
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 4:35:10 PM EDT
[#7]
More mavis at $13. While I like this buying opportunity I’d prefer not to buy anymore because it went up too much. Am I right.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By zyx5432:

View Quote

#metoo
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#9]
for those that put bids in at $12.50 or whatever, you will get more successful bids if you do off numbers like $12.51, $12.56 instead of $12.55, $12.01 instead of $12 and so on

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By tooldforthis:
for those that put bids in at $12.50 or whatever, you will get more successful bids if you do off numbers like $12.51, $12.56 instead of $12.55, $12.01 instead of $12 and so on

View Quote

Thanks for the tip. Why is that?
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By blackeagle05:

View Quote

I would imagine because that 12.01 hits before and gets filled before the guys with 12.00. Kinds like price is right, your bid is just a touch better
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bflamante:
Originally Posted By surveyor3:
Well, I bought my first option.

MVIS took my option virginity as well

I bought some April, May, and way out to November options. Between $15-18

Sitting on half dozen MVIS leaps spread out over the next year.  Keeps things interesting.

It’s just a JUMP to the left...
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 7:03:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
SENS is down quite a bit.  Time to get more?
View Quote

I would. Well i am.. just my limit buys haven’t hit.

Last i saw sens was 67% shorted so whenever they let up...
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 7:10:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tooldforthis] [#14]

View Quote

Mainly because everyone and their dog will do even numbers and everyone knows this.  There will always be a huge wall at that price point (even number of $.05) and maaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyy times they will run the price to the penny above that and quit just to exclude those walls.  If you just offset your bids by $.01 you will get them filled far more often.  Image $12 is a huge room full of 100 people and you decide to stand there in the crowd, everyone else that walked into the room first will get served first, but if you stand in the doorway at $12.01 you will get served before that crowd of 100 at a cost of $.01 a share.

Same with sells, far better chance to hit a $19.99 than a $20 limit sell.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Mainly because everyone and their dog will do even numbers and everyone knows this.  There will always be a huge wall at that price point (even number of $.05) and maaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyy times they will run the price to the penny above that and quit just to exclude those walls.  If you just offset your bids by $.01 you will get them filled far more often.  Image $12 is a huge room full of 100 people and you decide to stand there in the crowd, everyone else that walked into the room first will get served first, but if you stand in the doorway at $12.01 you will get served before that crowd of 100 at a cost of $.01 a share.

View Quote

I learn something new every day in this thread.Off to adjust my limit buys...
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 7:29:15 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

$XX.87 is the way.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 58Teague:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 58Teague:
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:

what does this mean?

Buying shares on the dark web man.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:12:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By bayoushooter:

$XX.87 is the way.
View All Quotes

$XX.87 is the way.

I was able to purchase GME at $69.69 during the last run up.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

It's just a JUMP to the left...
View Quote

And then a step to the riiiiiight.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
Picked up a few more MVIS at 13.10

Had a bigger buy at 12.72 that also filled.

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:39:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Something I thought about today as to why so much might be in the red. How many people bought the dip about this time last year? They just hit the one year mark to avoid capital gains and are selling.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Where are all of the people saying they wished they bought in last time it dipped to $11-12? Getting to be your second chance...
View Quote

I never wished for it to go down, but bought more dip anyway. I had an order set in the low 12s, but didn't reach that, so I canceled and grabbed another 75 shares at 13.14. I'm pretty well tapped out of cash to buy MVIS unless I happen to make a few bucks off of some swing trades. I bought into MASS at 42 today, I feel like I can make a few bucks there.

I must suck at trading, markets green overall, my account is down 2%. Admittedly I have some turds in there.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:46:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#23]
Something I wondered and posted about before but I don't think was answered.

Let's say I contribute the full $6,000 to my 2021 Roth Ira on 3/21/21. My wife and I salary are well under the income limits on a Roth Ira. Then later in the year let's just say 6/1/21 I sell some stocks that put me at an income of over the Roth Ira limit filing jointly. How is that handled since technically I made all contributions prior to being above the income limit?
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 10:31:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
Something I wondered and posted about before but I don't think was answered.

Let's say I contribute the full $6,000 to my 2021 Roth Ira on 3/21/21. My wife and I salary are well under the income limits on a Roth Ira. Then later in the year let's just say 6/1/21 I sell some stocks that put me at an income of over the Roth Ira limit filing jointly. How is that handled since technically I made all contributions prior to being above the income limit?
View Quote

Timing of contributions doesn't matter, if your income for the year is over the threshold, you'll need to remove excess contributions to avoid penalty.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 10:55:20 PM EDT
[#25]
I screwed up yesterday and forgot to cancel a limit order at 14.05 ... it executed after hours...

That mistake made me $2k when I rebought at 13.30. Wish I waited longer for $13

Oops, but not sorry
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:17:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

@Osprey61

Other than the great details you post and for which I thank you, I am not following  the transition, however it might turn out, closely enough to know how far off base this might be, but is it at all beyond the realm of possibility that a company might hire and reposition personnel and resources as part of a negotiating tactic?   In other words would there be enough upside to Sumit's actions, by continuing to show every indication of gearing up for self sufficiency and moving in their own direction regardless,  to make the efforts pay off in the form of better terms and conditions, buyout price, etc?   If I demonstrate to several potential partners during such a negotiation,  that I can very well stand on my own without anyone, doesn't that put me in a stronger position as far a what it would take to do a merger/acquisition?
View Quote

No replying for Osprey but I think less carrot and stick, more curb appeal:
Carrot or stick- if you don’t do A then I will do B
Curb appeal- look how fucking great this is,you don’t buy it, the next guy will...for more$
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:17:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Regarding limit numbers the same applies on Stop Loss limits. Don’t set them at even numbers or quarters.

We all think that way and the bots prey on that. If you watch the charts and trends you’ll see big blocks of shorts hit right before those quarter points to drive a very quick drop to trigger the sell even farther under your limit.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 12:34:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Lost my internet today got more MVIS @12.93 and five minutes later lost internet until tonight.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 12:44:57 AM EDT
[#29]
I hear Sharma was waiting until we hit page 556 to announce a buyout. We're on track for Merger Monday.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 12:53:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:
I hear Sharma was waiting until we hit page 556 to announce a buyout. We're on track for Merger Monday.
View Quote
No I need 1 more week!
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 12:54:01 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 7:59:13 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

I'm good for that.  The well is dry.  If things drag out I might average down some more if we cycle a few times.

FOMO got the best of me this week but I'm in the boat with the rest of you for the ride.

Its a Small World -Sing Along & Video (Disney Land Paris)

Link Posted: 3/27/2021 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Good afternoon, looking for some clarification. I bought some April, May and November call options. Initially I bought some April 20 options and decided to sell a few to turn into a couple May options to give another month for big news. I “sold to close option” and from all my research I’m off the hook from being assigned those shares. BUT when I look back on Robinhood at my other call options and click trade/sell my call options beside potential loss, it says: unlimited. I’m having a mild panic thinking I could get assigned those? But I checked my Robinhood transactions and it says sell to close in the 4 April I sold. Can someone clarify? I have done hours of research on options but the maximum loss: unlimited on Robinhood has me worried.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Good afternoon, looking for some clarification. I bought some April, May and November call options. Initially I bought some April 20 options and decided to sell a few to turn into a couple May options to give another month for big news. I “sold to close option” and from all my research I’m off the hook from being assigned those shares. BUT when I look back on Robinhood at my other call options and click trade/sell my call options beside potential loss, it says: unlimited. I’m having a mild panic thinking I could get assigned those? But I checked my Robinhood transactions and it says sell to close in the 4 April I sold. Can someone clarify? I have done hours of research on options but the maximum loss: unlimited on Robinhood has me worried.
View Quote

Can you post a screenshot of the trade and the screen you're seeing?

On my Merrill and Schwabb account the potential loss is just the cost of purchasing the option(s).
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 8:16:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zac87] [#35]

On my Merrill and Schwabb account the potential loss is just the cost of purchasing the option(s).
View All Quotes

Max Loss Screenshot

Sell to close confirmation

The screenshot is the screen for me to sell the options I currently own, not to write new options. I understand writing new options would be “sell to open” whereas I’m “selling to close” my existing options. In my Robinhood transactions the (4) April 20 options are listed as sell to close, which I understand means I’m closing the contract. I’m just confused why in the screenshot above, it says max loss: unlimited
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 9:08:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Max Loss Screenshot

Sell to close confirmation

The screenshot is the screen for me to sell the options I currently own, not to write new options. I understand writing new options would be “sell to open” whereas I’m “selling to close” my existing options. In my Robinhood transactions the (4) April 20 options are listed as sell to close, which I understand means I’m closing the contract. I’m just confused why in the screenshot above, it says max loss: unlimited
View Quote

The first screenshot appears to be a preview of selling call options, not a summary of the options you bought. ie. Sell to Open.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 9:16:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zac87] [#37]
I clicked on an option I currently own,
Hit trade, then sell and that is what comes up. You can see under min credit It has 3 contracts, which is what I currently own.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 9:57:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tidal] [#38]
okay who's balls deep on LTNC

we had a great week. I'm up 70% on my initial investment. I've been going back and forth on how to exit this one. I think there is still more moon to bloom. I looked up the company  they bought and ordered the most expensive case of water I have ever gotten in my life
46$ shipped ... They are small so I figure it will be cheaper once they arent a small facility anymore (if)

Figure I better spend some money on the product to try it for myself. Stanthetradingman on Twitter is all about this right now and I don't necessarily feel as long on it as he does being the next Monster or Vitamin water. I'm thinking I might save some what if shares, cash-out principle when it hits 10 or 20 cents. and sell above either one of those. Guess ill decide when  my 46$ water arrives
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 12:54:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Pivot back to MVIS. Down almost in lockstep with Luminar...so dullish, but we should get the traditional Friday load against a Monday event.

Not expecting any upside today, just want to finish the week on a stable footing.

This, on the other hand (again, cribbed from R/MVIS) is significant for tea-leaf reading, though it falls more under the concrete info level that leads to a number of what-ifs.

Everyone knows Microvision is hiring. It's what they're hiring that matters...and this one is a signpost on the development milestone checklist.

Reliability Engineering Manager:

Responsibilities: (long list, I cut it down to the nub)

-Responsible for all aspects of reliability including component, subassembly and final product reliability specification, analysis, testing execution and documentation

Why? First comment...
"I’m a quality engineer and work with the reliability team almost every day. They are usually only brought in once a new product is in proto phases (after concept, before engineering validation). The fact they need someone to write FMEAs means they’re either doing a dFMEA risk assessment on a new product to find risks in the design or pFMEA on rapidly scaling a product for mass production. Either way pretty legit to know they need someone to work on that now."

I remain very concerned Microvision has ideas about going it alone, despite Sumit's absolute denial that they have any intention of doing so. Given the chip shortage right now, striking out on their own brings back way too many pesky green laser flashbacks. Smarter people than me (who have actually been through this process) are saying this is part-and-parcel of handing over a turn-key operation featuring a product ready to scale, and for the most part I believe them.

The Lidar is coming to fruition...every single external indicator is flashing green, and a lot of ancillary ones to boot. If Sumit is being truthful, it's going to be interesting to see how far along in the development process before our partner/acquisition corp moves. The other widely accepted wisdom says they'll want proof of capability, reliability and scalability...and it doesn't look like we're very far off all three.
View Quote

@Osprey61

I’ll add my $0.02 here as I have experience in automotive / equipment product development as a product design engineer as well as a quality engineer for a Fortune 100 company with a market cap north of $100B.

As a design engineer, I worked with reliability engineers to define and execute testing for the products I had designed. For simple things based on mature technology or mature manufacturing processes this was pretty rudimentary. Early in my career you could find my name on prints for coil springs, simple stampings, wire forms, or injection molded parts - we were able to refer to basic DFMEA which was well understood and most of the testing was conducted in the same manner as thousands of similar parts had been tested before.

For complex things that were new or unprecedented in terms of design, this process was very involved and required an advanced level of engagement and understanding of the product at both a component and system level. DFMEA expands exponentially with unprecedented risk and I grew very close to my reliability engineer while working on some fluid dynamics for a complex system based on a new technology for our product. The reliability engineer had to have about as good of an understanding of the system as I did from a design engineering perspective in order to be able to develop adequate reliability goals and testing for the product I had designed. You simply cannot ideate and assess risk for a product or system when you don’t understand “what’s inside the box”.

As a quality engineer, it’s pretty similar on the process side from a manufacturing perspective. We leverage PFMEA for our manufacturing and component integration processes and once again unprecedented development requires a very thorough understanding of the product and processes used to manufacture it.

FMEA of all types are generally understood to be ever evolving, as in the more you learn about your product the more refined your analysis becomes and the greater risk you can confidently mitigate with that analysis.

Much of MVIS tech is well advanced to the point where risk mitigation for any flagship product based on DFMEA refinement would be remarkably wasteful. This would require changes to the product design itself resulting in most of the certification or qualification testing to have to start over in order to revalidate the untested aspects of a modified redesign.

Much of the opportunity for reliability engineering to mitigate risk for these flagship products would exist in their integration to other products. To maximize the opportunity, once again they need to completely understand “what’s in the box”.

The company I work for has subcontracted design engineering roles as well as quality engineering roles. Reliability engineering has always been in-house.

It would make sense for MVIS to have reliability engineering spooled up and intimately familiar with their products for any integration efforts coming down the pipeline. Aggressive timeline? The sooner the better.

I am very curious about what company would be listed under “previous employer” on the resume of the successful candidate for this position.

Link Posted: 3/28/2021 10:03:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By tidal:
okay who's balls deep on LTNC

we had a great week. I'm up 70% on my initial investment. I've been going back and forth on how to exit this one. I think there is still more moon to bloom. I looked up the company  they bought and ordered the most expensive case of water I have ever gotten in my life
46$ shipped ... They are small so I figure it will be cheaper once they arent a small facility anymore (if)

Figure I better spend some money on the product to try it for myself. Stanthetradingman on Twitter is all about this right now and I don't necessarily feel as long on it as he does being the next Monster or Vitamin water. I'm thinking I might save some what if shares, cash-out principle when it hits 10 or 20 cents. and sell above either one of those. Guess ill decide when  my 46$ water arrives
View Quote

I hope it tastes real good tidal. In for 49,000 shares aka couple grand  Been great returns so far.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 12:37:21 PM EDT
[#41]
I am hoping the Reddit movement will help the price of silver move higher, I think silver is undervalued and will move higher even without attention.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wallstreetsilver/

Fabled Silver Gold Corp is the junior silver miner I think will do well in this market. (FCO.V / FBSGF).

Fabled Seeks to Increase 43-101 Resource with Continued Success Through Drilling in Mexico

More drill results should be out this week. They have released results for 6 of 30 planned holes and will be done drilling the first 8,000 meters by the end of May.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 2:01:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#42]
Originally Posted By jacobsk:

@Osprey61

I’ll add my $0.02 here as I have experience in automotive / equipment product development as a product design engineer as well as a quality engineer for a Fortune 100 company with a market cap north of $100B.

As a design engineer, I worked with reliability engineers to define and execute testing for the products I had designed. For simple things based on mature technology or mature manufacturing processes this was pretty rudimentary. Early in my career you could find my name on prints for coil springs, simple stampings, wire forms, or injection molded parts - we were able to refer to basic DFMEA which was well understood and most of the testing was conducted in the same manner as thousands of similar parts had been tested before.

For complex things that were new or unprecedented in terms of design, this process was very involved and required an advanced level of engagement and understanding of the product at both a component and system level. DFMEA expands exponentially with unprecedented risk and I grew very close to my reliability engineer while working on some fluid dynamics for a complex system based on a new technology for our product. The reliability engineer had to have about as good of an understanding of the system as I did from a design engineering perspective in order to be able to develop adequate reliability goals and testing for the product I had designed. You simply cannot ideate and assess risk for a product or system when you don’t understand “what’s inside the box”.

As a quality engineer, it’s pretty similar on the process side from a manufacturing perspective. We leverage PFMEA for our manufacturing and component integration processes and once again unprecedented development requires a very thorough understanding of the product and processes used to manufacture it.

FMEA of all types are generally understood to be ever evolving, as in the more you learn about your product the more refined your analysis becomes and the greater risk you can confidently mitigate with that analysis.

Much of MVIS tech is well advanced to the point where risk mitigation for any flagship product based on DFMEA refinement would be remarkably wasteful. This would require changes to the product design itself resulting in most of the certification or qualification testing to have to start over in order to revalidate the untested aspects of a modified redesign.

Much of the opportunity for reliability engineering to mitigate risk for these flagship products would exist in their integration to other products. To maximize the opportunity, once again they need to completely understand “what’s in the box”.

The company I work for has subcontracted design engineering roles as well as quality engineering roles. Reliability engineering has always been in-house.

It would make sense for MVIS to have reliability engineering spooled up and intimately familiar with their products for any integration efforts coming down the pipeline. Aggressive timeline? The sooner the better.

I am very curious about what company would be listed under “previous employer” on the resume of the successful candidate for this position.

View Quote

@jacobsk

That's awesome, and very helpful. Would you mind if I cut and paste it over to R/MVIS? I'll fully credit you.

Also...based on this, is it fair to assume we have a functional prototype?

"Much of MVIS tech is well advanced to the point where risk mitigation for any flagship product based on DFMEA refinement would be remarkably wasteful. This would require changes to the product design itself resulting in most of the certification or qualification testing to have to start over in order to revalidate the untested aspects of a modified redesign.

Much of the opportunity for reliability engineering to mitigate risk for these flagship products would exist in their integration to other products. To maximize the opportunity, once again they need to completely understand “what’s in the box”."
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 3:10:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Water and Self Driving cars is so 2015.

I’m looking for that teledildonics play...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Your-Vibrator-Can-Now-Update-You-On-The-Status-Of-Your-Food-Delivery/5-2439008/
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 3:46:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jacobsk] [#44]

@jacobsk

That's awesome, and very helpful. Would you mind if I cut and paste it over to R/MVIS? I'll fully credit you.

Also...based on this, is it fair to assume we have a functional prototype?

"Much of MVIS tech is well advanced to the point where risk mitigation for any flagship product based on DFMEA refinement would be remarkably wasteful. This would require changes to the product design itself resulting in most of the certification or qualification testing to have to start over in order to revalidate the untested aspects of a modified redesign.

Much of the opportunity for reliability engineering to mitigate risk for these flagship products would exist in their integration to other products. To maximize the opportunity, once again they need to completely understand “what’s in the box”."
View Quote

@Osprey61

Yes I assume everything shared on the public forum is fair game to share anywhere else - I appreciate you asking though. That being said I actually have a preference for anonymity if given the choice.

I don’t really know if the reliability engineering job is indicative of a functioning prototype. I see it more as an indicator that the product is ready for integration into other products, and in this day and age you don’t necessarily need a functional prototype to get that ball rolling.

You do need a product or products to integrate with though
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#45]

@Osprey61

Yes I assume everything shared on the public forum is fair game to share anywhere else - I appreciate you asking though. That being said I actually have a preference for anonymity if given the choice.

I don’t really know if the reliability engineering job is indicative of a functioning prototype. I see it more as an indicator that the product is ready for integration into other products, and in this day and age you don’t necessarily need a functional prototype to get that ball rolling.

View Quote

Understand that completely. I have a different user name over there for just that reason.

I don't really understand the distinction in the second boldface...at the automotive design level how can it be ready for integration if it's never prototyped?  Or are you talking integration with other sensors, tied to a functioning ECU and demonstrable as a fully functioning sub-system?
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 4:03:38 PM EDT
[#46]

Understand that completely. I have a different user name over there for just that reason.

I don't really understand the distinction in the second boldface...at the automotive design level how can it be ready for integration if it's never prototyped?  Or are you talking integration with other sensors, tied to a functioning ECU and demonstrable as a fully functioning sub-system?
View All Quotes

@Osprey61

You are Butthole_Don aren’t you.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#47]

You are Butthole_Don aren’t you.
View Quote

So close...I actually came over from WallStreetBets and still use POTATO_IN_MY_ASS.

JK! Still pretty funny, though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 4:42:28 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
I would guess that they have a functional prototype that was larger and fabricated with methods that wouldn't be used in a production setting, and those limitations had impact on the form factor of the proof of concept prototype.  Then they can say, "now we know our never done before laser thingy works so lets design the final form factor OEMs would want."  That design could be ready for integration without actually existing because it's already known how it will interface and how it will work, and the final form factors physical interface can be predicted extremely easily with 3D modeling.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 5:30:45 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Jumping into this convo because my actual title is "Reliability Engineer" - I know weird!

So the entity I work on/around is a System of Systems where those Systems are created by different entity/developers.
When one or more sub-systems is being tested and/or integrated, stubs for the unavailable sub-systems are used.

This use of stubs also allows off-site developers to validate their work.

Unsure if any of that helps
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 6:04:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#50]
Originally Posted By Total53:

Jumping into this convo because my actual title is "Reliability Engineer" - I know weird!

So the entity I work on/around is a System of Systems where those Systems are created by different entity/developers.
When one or more sub-systems is being tested and/or integrated, stubs for the unavailable sub-systems are used.

This use of stubs also allows off-site developers to validate their work.

Unsure if any of that helps
View Quote

Just lately I've come to believe the 7th circle of Hell is inhabited almost solely by engineers explaining developmental processes to eternally damned laymen. The few non-engineers are economists.
Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top