BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1713
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 11:55:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By IceStationZebra:
I got tired of holding the bags for MVIS and sold all 149k shares.  There is not going to be a buyout, just one big pump and dump.

I'm kidding, I will not ever let go of my MVIS until they pry it from my hands to replace it with cash and/or stock in another company or three.

Still, I would very much like to see it done sooner than later.  Watching this stock every 30 seconds has become my life.  I sit around on the weekends going "what now?".
View Quote

Just be glad it seems to be completely disconnected from the rest of the market.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 6:48:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By IceStationZebra:
I got tired of holding the bags for MVIS and sold all 149k shares.  There is not going to be a buyout, just one big pump and dump.

I'm kidding, I will not ever let go of my MVIS until they pry it from my hands to replace it with cash and/or stock in another company or three.

Still, I would very much like to see it done sooner than later.  Watching this stock every 30 seconds has become my life.  I sit around on the weekends going "what now?".
View Quote

Hopefully you have an exit strategy in place or can lose that money. There seems to be a lot of hype feeding into hype with this stock. I skimmed through a few articles yesterday talking about the influx of new investors (unemployed with a stimulus check) dumping money into random/risky stocks in the hopes of getting rich quick.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I wonder what will happen with MVIS this week?
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 4:25:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:
View Quote

My educated guess is that it will maybe go up, or possibly down.  Might also stay flat
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 4:30:45 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

$.99 when the bell rings Wednesday afternoon.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 4:37:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chokey:

You know, that really wouldn't surprise me.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 4:43:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By NIevo:

My educated guess is that it will maybe go up, or possibly down.  Might also stay flat
View All Quotes

Are you a wizard?
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

Are you a wizard?
View Quote

Yes. Yes, I think he is!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:26:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Are you a wizard?
View All Quotes

Are you a wizard?

Well I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:40:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#10]
Unless it runs away from me, I intend to pick up 20K more shares tomorrow. That'll put me at 50K with an ASP of somewhere between $0.70 and about $0.85. I'll ladder a couple of 10K blocks for sale up to the $3.00 point, and at that point I'm done...

Had no idea who David Portnoy was until this morning, it kind of explains all the new speculators pouring money into stocks they don't understand. Man is leading a lot of people into deep water, IMO.

ETA: if they knock the bottom out of the organic compliance it'll be a temp setback and possibly an honest-to-God buying op. If it goes through I'd expect to see a modest pop...maybe $0.15 to $0.25...at least that's what we got last time it re-certified. Still expect shorts to throw everything they've got at a sub-dollar close tomorrow, and possibly Tuesday. They can't gamble on making it happen Wednesday.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Unless it runs away from me, I intend to pick up 20K more shares tomorrow. That'll put me at 50K with an ASP of somewhere between $0.70 and about $0.85. I'll ladder a couple of 10K blocks for sale up to the $3.00 point, and at that point I'm done...

Had no idea who David Portnoy was until this morning, it kind of explains all the new speculators pouring money into stocks they don't understand. Man is leading a lot of people into deep water, IMO.
View Quote

What, buying stock in bankrupt companies isn't a good investment strategy?  
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#12]

ETA: if they knock the bottom out of the organic compliance it'll be a temp setback and possibly an honest-to-God buying op. If it goes through I'd expect to see a modest pop...maybe $0.15 to $0.25...at least that's what we got last time it re-certified. Still expect shorts to throw everything they've got at a sub-dollar close tomorrow, and possibly Tuesday. They can't gamble on making it happen Wednesday.
View Quote

Agreed, no way they wait to Wed; there's always surprises, and too much to lose if the last minute effort fails.  I'm hoping to pick up a few more shares this week, I always miss when it gets close to $1 somehow.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 10:03:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm calling it. MVIS up at least .25 tomorrow. As far as the rest of the market... I will defer to NIevo.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 10:50:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:
I'm calling it. MVIS up at least .25 tomorrow. As far as the rest of the market... I will defer to NIevo.
View Quote

DOW futures are apparently down, so it's a day to buy.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:51:07 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

If I missed it, in this thread I'm sorry... but who is he?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 12:00:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:
View Quote

From your lips...I have my limit order to sell all at 1.35. This roller coaster is too much for me and my personal compliance regulations require a minimum of a 30 day hold to discourage day trading. Thirty day with this has been a hell of a ride...plus then some!
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 1:48:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By RyanEsstac:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RyanEsstac:

Barstool Sports; guess they went stocks since there is no sports?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/barstool-sports-dave-portnoy-leading-121208707.html
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 2:03:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

Barstool Sports; guess they went stocks since there is no sports?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/barstool-sports-dave-portnoy-leading-121208707.html
View Quote

Oh that guy
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:16:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Gnus should do some bouncing up and down today, there’s been a lot of hype over the launch of their kids tv network today.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Abominable:
Gnus should do some bouncing up and down today, there’s been a lot of hype over the launch of their kids tv network today.
View Quote

AT $4.68 pre market on a down day . What's your sell price? I've got 400 shares selling 1/2 at $5 and 1/2 at $6
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:53:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: colt_thompson] [#21]
View Quote

My DGLY got sold pre market at $5. Tempted to buy it back if it drops below $4. Police body cameras are going to be a hot commodity
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 9:41:59 AM EDT
[#22]
it's ugly, but stocks arent on quite the sale they were a few days ago.

i think MVIS stays above a buck.  and i think there is a turn around for indices later in the day.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By dle1424:
it's ugly, but stocks arent on quite the sale they were a few days ago.

i think MVIS stays above a buck.  and i think there is a turn around for indices later in the day.
View Quote

I've got a .99 buy on it so of course it will
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:12:43 AM EDT
[#24]
I've got a couple of sell orders in place in the 1.20s and 1.30s for MVIS.  Will see if it gets to either.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#25]
one ride to the moon, everyone knows the rules
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:25:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: colt_thompson] [#26]
I've got a couple of sell orders in place in the 1.20s and 1.30s for MVIS.  Will see if it gets to either.
View Quote

I sold 1000 at $1.20 today. Put another buy in for 1000 at $1.10

3:30PM hit my $1.10 buy
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:26:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#27]
Originally Posted By tct1000:
View Quote

Remain seated and keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#28]
My ride to the moon is going to be ibio🚀🚀🚀🔥🔥
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By 54bravo:
My ride to the moon is going to be ibio🚀🚀🚀🔥🔥
View Quote

You spelled XSPA wrong
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:55:44 AM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

"must have 36" long dong to ride the MVIS ride!"

wait what?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 11:16:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Wow, there's a 250K wall of bids between $1.00 and $1.05 the shorts will have to chew through to get sub-dollar, but 750K of the 850K shares available to short this morning are gone. Someone loaded up for an attack, and is no doubt watching the momentum right now to decide if they need to move prior to COB.

Sharma has the R/S authorization, so this is all kind of academic, but it sure is interesting to watch. Never have figured out why the market allows shorting on companies trying to regain compliance when they could just buy puts instead.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 11:47:45 AM EDT
[#32]
"must have 36" long dong to ride the MVIS ride!"

wait what?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/15/2020 12:43:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Wow, there's a 250K wall of bids between $1.00 and $1.05 the shorts will have to chew through to get sub-dollar, but 750K of the 850K shares available to short this morning are gone. Someone loaded up for an attack, and is no doubt watching the momentum right now to decide if they need to move prior to COB.

Sharma has the R/S authorization, so this is all kind of academic, but it sure is interesting to watch. Never have figured out why the market allows shorting on companies trying to regain compliance when they could just buy puts instead.
View Quote

I’m in for some more at $1.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 12:46:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevesZZ5] [#34]
Originally Posted By cardboardkiller:

I’m in for some more at $1.
View Quote

Same here...once I change my .83 outstanding buy order from a week or so ago.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:

AT $4.68 pre market on a down day . What's your sell price? I've got 400 shares selling 1/2 at $5 and 1/2 at $6
View All Quotes

GNUS is approaching triple their daily average volume already, it is definitely someone's focus.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#36]

GNUS is approaching triple their daily average volume already, it is definitely someone's focus.
View Quote

I applaud anyone who is still in GNUS. I took the money and ran at $10.50
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Hamiltbl2:

I applaud anyone who is still in GNUS. I took the money and ran at $10.50
View Quote

I've been in and out a bunch
Currently own 200 @ $3.86
Selling at $6
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Anyone know of a decent source for historical and possibly real-time (ish) market data (Bid/ask/volume etc) that supports APIs for pulling data?  When I worked for an IR firm, I’d pull from yahoo finance using their Api but that’s shut down now. My system would pull stock prices and volume every 1 min or so and store in a DB for charting etc. Eventually we got quotemedia API but that was really delayed and wasn’t terribly granular either.  At a bare minimum I’d like to at least get historical trade data that has as many data points as possible to setup some tensorflow models.

Link Posted: 6/15/2020 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Bobbybananas:
Anyone know of a decent source for historical and possibly real-time (ish) market data (Bid/ask/volume etc) that supports APIs for pulling data?  When I worked for an IR firm, I’d pull from yahoo finance using their Api but that’s shut down now. My system would pull stock prices and volume every 1 min or so and store in a DB for charting etc. Eventually we got quotemedia API but that was really delayed and wasn’t terribly granular either.  At a bare minimum I’d like to at least get historical trade data that has as many data points as possible to setup some tensorflow models.

View Quote

Have you tried finviz.com?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bobbybananas:

I just took a look at their site and I’m not sure if they offer the raw data or what since they don’t list API access, but they do mention something along the lines of “backend” which could be it. I’ll have to sign up and hopefully get access to their detailed descriptions of the services.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Five minutes to go, MVIS looks like it will make it.  Day 8!
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#42]
i am by no means a permabull, but with the election a few months down the road, there is no way the gov lets the markets slide like they slid back in mar-apr of this year.

Link Posted: 6/15/2020 4:29:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Yep, one more day down. Two left to go.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By GaryM:
Yep, one more day down. Two left to go.
View Quote

Guess some people with interest in non-compliance will be up to some shenanigans tomorrow?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:20:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Guess some people with interest in non-compliance will be up to some shenanigans tomorrow?
View Quote

There seems to be huge volume of shorts, and they'd have best luck if MVIS doesn't hit organic compliance.  It would be crazy to leave that to last day, so...i'd bet on tomorrow. Everyone set buys @ 1.01, and we'll defend it :)
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 9:26:45 PM EDT
[#46]

There seems to be huge volume of shorts, and they'd have best luck if MVIS doesn't hit organic compliance.  It would be crazy to leave that to last day, so...i'd bet on tomorrow. Everyone set buys @ 1.01, and we'll defend it :)
View Quote

Lot of people with dry powder lined up. I have 20K at $1.02 on the bid and another investor I know has 30K at the same. It may not matter, if they come it'll mostly be institutional/hedge, and they'll be dropping blocks of a 100K or bigger. Dunno though, longs are dug in hard and most of the twits and hoods got bored and went home. One of the guys with level 2 vis said someone dropped 200K early today and only dropped the price about half a penny.

Link Posted: 6/15/2020 9:37:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#47]

Lot of people with dry powder lined up. I have 20K at $1.02 on the bid and another investor I know has 30K at the same. It may not matter, if they come it'll mostly be institutional/hedge, and they'll be dropping blocks of a 100K or bigger. Dunno though, longs are dug in hard and most of the twits and hoods got bored and went home. One of the guys with level 2 vis said someone dropped 200K early today and only dropped the price about half a penny.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

There is biggest volume.

Someone tried to run it down at end of the day too.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:23:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevesZZ5] [#48]

View All Quotes

I’m setting my buy order for 8k to 1.01 tomorrow when I get to work.  Hell I may toss a couple more thou on top of that.  I’m fucking all in.

ETA:  Perhaps I should set it at .99, not that my 8-10k matters in the grand scheme.  I want to try, though.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 8:45:37 AM EDT
[#49]
more bipolar action.  indices up big today.  probably a tapering off near the end of the day.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 8:57:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: colt_thompson] [#50]
Originally Posted By StevesZZ5:

I’m setting my buy order for 8k to 1.01 tomorrow when I get to work.  Hell I may toss a couple more thou on top of that.  I’m fucking all in.

ETA:  Perhaps I should set it at .99, not that my 8-10k matters in the grand scheme.  I want to try, though.
View Quote

I've got a buy at .99 and at $1.02. Might set another for 1.10 depending on movement

Could always buy XOG. Declared bankruptcy and are up 35% pre market
CLIR is up over 100% pre market after inking a deal with Exxon

GNUS is back below $4. Long term there's money to be made
Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top