Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1712
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't get the doom and gloom, this correction is inevitable. Fools missed taking at least some profit. It's still almost double what it was 4 business days ago?

UPS +11% days, FDX, +5% day, NVAX +16% day, F +2% day, BAC +1% day, fantastic day for a balanced portfolio. (Especially when you sold most of your MVIS on Friday and Yesterday).
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By zyx5432:
I kind of feel like this is us between yesterday and today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNboV7Uhg-8
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:24:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bc42] [#3]
Originally Posted By Eljefe:
Being a total noob to this trading business, I think I know the answer, but I'm going to ask anyway.......   Do you get hit with STCG taxes on swing trades ??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Being a total noob to this trading business, I think I know the answer, but I'm going to ask anyway.......   Do you get hit with STCG taxes on swing trades ??

That depends, are you in the red or green?

Originally Posted By MrZeat:
I don't get the doom and gloom, this correction is inevitable. Fools missed taking at least some profit. It's still almost double what it was 4 business days ago?

UPS +11% days, FDX, +5% day, NVAX +16% day, F +2% day, BAC +1% day, fantastic day for a balanced portfolio. (Especially when you sold most of your MVIS on Friday and Yesterday).

Of course it was inevitable in the absence of news to support a continued climb.  Did you have a crystal ball that told you it would absolutely nose dive at open today?  If so, let us know next time :)
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Charts didn't predict this
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Right on cue.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By jchewie1:

How low is it going to go?
View Quote

Ladder looks like when they run it down last time.  Stacks ever 50 cents....which losses kenoff even more because on the runs you can’t really see it but days like this it was lined up from start and I just sit there with finger up ass saying someone will stop it someone will stop it
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:30:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eljefe] [#7]
LOL    I was very green, not so much now.  I'm in MVIS for the long haul, I just wanted to make sure about the STCG.  

Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:31:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By dirtface45:
View Quote

Someone is still angry that they were the "really smart guy" and dumped everything at $12 before the dump to $10...

You lucked into the stock but you didn't follow the advice.  You missed out on huge gains, but be happy you made something.

Now go away.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:32:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
I asked one of the FC guys about the remaining share authorization, and he says MVIS sold the entire shelf during the last round of financing, and would have to come to the shareholders before Holt could dilute again. Assuming that's accurate, it takes one huge short term potential negative (it's actually a mixed blessing...short term neg, long term pos) in this situation off the table.

View Quote

That's good news. I was thinking they had more available to use at will.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bc42:

Of course it was inevitable in the absence of news to support a continued climb.  Did you have a crystal ball that told you it would absolutely nose dive at open today?  If so, let us know next time :)
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By MrZeat:

No, but I bet my holdings it would be back down in the teens this week. Of course I didn't predict the HUGE second rising yesterday and missed out on money by selling to early, but, I made money selling where I sold. I sold all my shares, wrote short term calls against my LEAPs, and bought a couple puts... I still think we'll be under 15 by end of week.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:36:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CajunMojo] [#11]
View Quote

Right on time. We missed you yesterday.

I should add: the charts predicted your arrival like fucking clockwork.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:38:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Me dumb dumb. Should've sold yesterday and pulled multiple 6-figures in profit, but didn't. Then again, really don't want to mess with cap gains tax right now. Let er rip longterm I guess!
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:39:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BigGulp:

Someone is still angry that they were the "really smart guy" and dumped everything at $12 before the dump to $10...

You lucked into the stock but you didn't follow the advice.  You missed out on huge gains, but be happy you made something.

Now go away.
View All Quotes

Now go away.

Wrong.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Called it correctly for once.  Sold 25% at 26.5, bought them back today around 19.5, with money left to purchase more....amazing.  What is the world coming to... too bad I only have in the neighborhood of 1100 shares.

We are headed to 30, I think we are headed to 50, maybe spiking at much higher even before coming back to reality.  It hit 30 with zero news of anything.....imagine what happens the day a deal of any type is announced, whether it is a buyout or just a contract...

And we are still way up from last week.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Wrong.
View Quote

Yes, you are wrong for continuing to come crap on a thread that made you money.  

Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#16]
who here is buying more MVIS or MNMD?
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By JG_Wentworth:
View Quote

I bought more today.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:54:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

I bought more today.
View Quote

I bought four call contracts and 100 shares today.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
Out of cash until two weeks, still up, happy and looking to the long term.  I'm in this to see $60, everything else is just a speedbump, but I like $10 more than I like $20...and shit there goes that $30k that keeps swinging back and forth.  But two days from news and who knows what PR, it's more than balls to sell and try to buy in lower, its Russian roulette
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:57:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jchewie1] [#20]

I bought more today.
View Quote

How much is it worth?
What is a company willing to pay?

I bought back more than I sold yesterday.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#21]

How much is it worth?

View All Quotes

I bought more today.

How much is it worth?

Currently worth $20.21  

Your second question is the magic question.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Wrong.

Bought calls.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:03:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#23]
At least it closed above 20.

I was kicking myself for not selling any yesterday, but I just realized that the amount of shares I was going to sell would have only netted me a relatively modest gain compared to my holdings, and it would have added a fair bit of stress, since I didn't know for sure what it was going to do today.  I need to remember that.  Its not like I would have sold and rebought my entire position.  No way I'm doing that now.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:03:21 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Ended up with 35 more calls in MVIS
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:03:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UTex86] [#25]
Originally Posted By UTex86:

From a charting perspective there should be strong support around $19.30, but there is no guarantee.
View All Quotes
Curious to know, from anyone who has the info, how it looks for the limit buy/sell info that's out there now.  Any lines of resistance or support?

From a charting perspective there should be strong support around $19.30, but there is no guarantee.

Ha!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:04:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
View Quote

essentially double where we were a week ago
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:04:38 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

He's just waiting for someone to call him out for being a miserable POS troll so that he can call a mod and try to get someone banned. Of course, I would never do anything like that, just saying.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:07:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#28]
Originally Posted By snakes19:

View All Quotes

Yup.  I looked at my holdings today after the drop, and it didn't feel as catastrophic as I was imagining, because it was still way up from the last couple of weeks of 10-12 doldrums.

Still coulda-woulda-shoulda and all that, but I shouldn't fret over it.  Long-term, it's not worth the stress.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Wrong.
View Quote

You'd come across as a lot less instigating if you participated.  Maybe throw up a few of your trades, theories, or a description of your position once in a while.
You know, engage in the thread rather than pour gas on it.  

Those of us who've paid attention to the stock since last spring likely knew there would be a dump after the pump.  We don't need charts to tell us that.

signed - random guy that doesn't want to see this thread get derailed.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:10:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RatherBeLifting] [#30]
View Quote

Muh charts tell me that's actually a big deal.  Very good sign, huge, positive.  All the best stocks close of above 20.  Retail loves it.

But seriously, that's a big positive.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Top chart is a classic head & shoulders with even a double top thrown into the mix for added fun.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:11:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

He's just waiting for someone to call him out for being a miserable POS troll so that he can call a mod and try to get someone banned. Of course, I would never do anything like that, just saying.
View Quote

Hypothetically, it would be easier and better for the thread if everyone ignored anyone that came across as a worthless piece of sht.
No quoting, no engaging, nothing.
Not saying that anyone one here is a piece of sht, but hypothetically it'd be better
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:11:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:12:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#34]
And on a completely unrelated but positive note, I finally found a trolling motor for my new boat that was in stock and reasonably-priced.  I've been looking on and off for a while now, and everyone was back-ordered.

If all continues well to a sale, I shall name her Mavis.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#35]
And on a completely unrelated but positive note, I finally found a trolling motor for my new boat that was in stock and reasonably-priced.  I've been looking on and off for a while now, and everyone was back-ordered.

If all continues well to a sale, I shall name her Mavis.  
View Quote

I can think of a good name for your trolling motor...  
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:14:27 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Beat me to it
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:15:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#37]

View Quote

I can think of a few different directions that can go, all funny.  

But as much as I love my .45 pistols, I couldn't name my trolling motor anything with 45 in its name, just in case that's what you were thinking.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Put in for 25 shares of mnmd for the hell of it
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#39]

Yup.  I looked at my holdings today after the drop, and it didn't feel as catastrophic as I was imagining, because it was still way up from the last couple of weeks of 10-12 doldrums.

Still coulda-woulda-shoulda and all that, but I shouldn't fret over it.  Long-term, it's not worth the stress.
View Quote

Agreed. It was like someone sounded GQ yesterday and then announced “stand down, just a drill” this morning. I know that if I sold out late yesterday that the chances of jumping back in at the probable dip today would have been minimal. Nothing wrong with $20 mvis at this point though. Tomorrow may be bloody as well but I still see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:19:39 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

And up exactly 12% on Friday's close. Not the gain we wanted, but probably the gain we needed.

Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

Agreed. It was like someone sounded GQ yesterday and then announced "stand down, just a drill" this morning. I know that if I sold out late yesterday that the chances of jumping back in at the probable dip today would have been minimal. Nothing wrong with $20 mvis at this point though. Tomorrow may be bloody as well but I still see a light at the end of the tunnel.
View Quote

I'd feel better if tomorrow were a little less exciting.  We could use a flat day to calm things down and establish things at this level.

But it may not happen.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:26:39 PM EDT
[#42]

I'd feel better if tomorrow were a little less exciting.  We could use a flat day to calm things down and establish things at this level.

But it may not happen.
View Quote

Yep. Kind of thinking it’ll be a red morning followed by a green afternoon.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:27:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Varmint-Hunter] [#43]
View Quote

I am positive this oracle is Jim Cramer.

Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Just ignore him.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#45]

But it may not happen.
View Quote

SSR days have historically been somewhat dull... and the price has walked down. I'd be fine if I was exactly wrong and it goes to the moon.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Just ignore him.
View Quote

This, please. I learned from my mistake.

I'm liking the AH moves
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:40:09 PM EDT
[#47]

I was kicking myself for not selling any yesterday, but I just realized that the amount of shares I was going to sell would have only netted me a relatively modest gain compared to my holdings, and it would have added a fair bit of stress, since I didn't know for sure what it was going to do today.  I need to remember that.  Its not like I would have sold and rebought my entire position.  No way I'm doing that now.
View Quote

This as well is my conclusion.   The price never got to a level that would support a selling decision
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Blitzcraig173:

Woulda been cooler if you guaranteed it
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blitzcraig173:

Woulda been cooler if you guaranteed it

I guarantee my predictions will or will not come to fruition
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#49]
And now we've got nearly $1 gain AH on higher volume that we'd see in any given hour on a "typical" day (excepting this last week or so)

world
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#50]
I guarantee my predictions will or will not come to fruition
View Quote

This sounds like a sure bet if ever I heard one!  
Page / 1712
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top