Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KaiK:

Maybe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jb31:

So you are saying to invest in donuts and diabetes?  Having the cause and solution does sound like a good business plan.  SENS should buy KK.

Maybe.

Go for the hat trick.  Torrid Holdings Inc. (CURV) IPO'd today, retailer of plus size women's clothing
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Well MAVIS

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 1:49:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bthorn] [#4]
Is mvis back to being raped by the shorts again?  I can't find anything to explain the bleeding.  Bout to hit 15, really?
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Bthorn:
Is mvis back to being raped by the shorts again?  I can't find anything to explain the bleeding.
View Quote

Fucking clueless here
No bad news, no good news either.
New website.
Hanging chad of an ATM.
She just ain't playing today
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 1:58:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By war86:
This sucks.  I hear if we bounce below $16 3 times dirtface will magically reappear.
View Quote

A couple of them will reappear… one or two might start saying they will “wait to buy until we hit single digits again” never fails lol.

Anywho my $16 buy hit and im happy. It is what it is. Got a dip then buy up dont cry about paper losses guys.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 1:58:53 PM EDT
[#7]
LOL at some of you guys in other threads.

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Sold my big money Donut stocks at $20
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:01:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Tango:
Anyone else watching this going flippin Krispy Kreme. Just looks wrong lol
View Quote

Yep I had a bid for $14 and just cancelled it since no fill.  I don't want any of this at a higher price - I bet the price crashes after all the exuberance is exhausted.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Total53:

Fucking clueless here
No bad news, no good news either.
New website.
Hanging chad of an ATM.
She just ain't playing today
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I'll post it again.

Every time this happens I post the picture.  I figure y'all would understand by now.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#11]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/20210430_082620_1__png-1998088.JPG

I'll post it again.

Every time this happens I post the picture.  I figure y'all would understand by now.  
View Quote

What's this chart showing exactly
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:58:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CROQ] [#12]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:

View Quote

Everything above the dotted line is where panicky investors, such as myself, lose all of our money.

ETA:  Who am I kidding, I pretty much lose money below the dotted line too.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:04:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Got the lady trading today, see bought DNUT at $16.30 and has a stop loss for 15% gains.  Let's see how tomorrow goes hope she can make a quick 20% at worst.  
Feet wet with gains is a good thing right?  Or maybe just adictive.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I will continue to sell weekly calls until my MVIS is called away.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By m6z:
I will continue to sell weekly calls until my MVIS is called away.
View Quote

I'm onboard as well I'm working to create my fixed income level with weekly calls then I'll be a happy camper.  Now I just need my trading account to grow by 10 fold so I can achieve my goal.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Almost stepped on my crank with options. I thought I sold a $15 MVIS put for tomorrow expiration, but accidently sold a call instead. Thankfully I caught it, and bought to close for a big fat $20 profit.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

Go for the hat trick.  Torrid Holdings Inc. (CURV) IPO'd today, retailer of plus size women's clothing
View All Quotes

So you are saying to invest in donuts and diabetes?  Having the cause and solution does sound like a good business plan.  SENS should buy KK.

Maybe.

I'm liking this.  Whole picture investing.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#18]

I'll post it again.

View Quote

Ok I've seen the chart and recognize it as a reverse Gartner Hype cycle chart.
I also see the blue circles but given what we know about MVIS neither of those mark where we are right now.
Institutions have just finished buying in, maybe, are we at the "bear trap"?

Where exactly on the chart is MVIS hurting us right now?
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:26:52 PM EDT
[#19]

I'm liking this.  Whole picture investing.
View Quote

This made me laugh out loud...especially because I don't think they understand what that word means in some contexts....
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

Yep I had a bid for $14 and just cancelled it since no fill.  I don't want any of this at a higher price - I bet the price crashes after all the exuberance is exhausted.
View Quote

Thats what I thought about rblx lol matter of fact i still think it’ll crash one day… maybe im weird and i suck 😂
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 4:20:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TheTech-1:

Thats what I thought about rblx lol matter of fact i still think it’ll crash one day… maybe im weird and i suck 😂
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheTech-1:
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

Call me crazy but I have more faith in RBLX than DNUT....  disclosure I own 0 of each now but made 30 something % on RBLX.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Does the market usually take a dive going into the holiday weekend or is it just my investments?
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Does the market usually take a dive going into the holiday weekend or is it just my investments?
View Quote

I've heard the theory that many don't like holding investments over the long weekend in case things that affect prices happen, resulting in a selloff.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Stonks go up
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:11:40 PM EDT
[#25]

I've heard the theory that many don't like holding investments over the long weekend in case things that affect prices happen, resulting in a selloff.
View All Quotes

This is a general rule of wrist.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:12:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:

Stonks go up
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Chewy18:

Do you think Sept. 7 in Stuttgart will be the make or break moment for Microvision.
View Quote

I hope to find out!  BTW, I thought it was in Munich... But if in Stuttgart, I'll only have to drive/train 30 minutes instead of 3 hours to Munich.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:28:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Damn, missed all the fun. Went in for an MRI this morning for a bulged disc, and the doc gave me a heavy pain killer and two valiums to help me lay motionless on the table for 20 minutes. Tech was supposed to put head sets on me, and forgot. Hard to believe how unbelievably loud that damn thing is once you're sucked into the bowels. Came home and crashed for almost six hours.

Wife read somewhere we have a job opening...in Taiwan??!!!! Guess the line really is standing up.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Mpnelson81:

I hope to find out!  BTW, I thought it was in Munich... But if in Stuttgart, I'll only have to drive/train 30 minutes instead of 3 hours to Munich.
View Quote

I said Stuttgart yesterday because someone mentioned living there and wanting to go. It is in Munich...my mistake.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Damn, missed all the fun. Went in for an MRI this morning for a bulged disc, and the doc gave me a heavy pain killer and two valiums to help me lay motionless on the table for 20 minutes. Tech was supposed to put head sets on me, and forgot. Hard to believe how unbelievably loud that damn thing is once you're sucked into the bowels. Came home and crashed for almost six hours.

Wife read somewhere we have a job opening...in Taiwan??!!!! Guess the line really is standing up.
View Quote

You see what I posted a page or two back on other businesses in the same building as Microvision? Interesting thinking maybe all of them are in for the Gov. contract or something maybe.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:32:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, that was interesting. I got an immediate reply from Mr. Allen that said, "call me if you'd like to discuss".

BLUF: as per usual, he couldn't tell me anything that wasn't already known to the larger investing community. Not his choice, that's the law.

We talked in generalities about the amount of updates generated by our competitors as a measure of what Microvision is releasing, and he said a good bit of what they're releasing is fluff, and many of the "relationships" they're touting may quickly dissolve as a clear winner emerges.

He also told me Sumit is working very hard, and they are well down the road to ensuring the statements he's made publicly become reality...and that they have the team, the resources and the product to make that happen. What I didn't get any assurance at all we'd get updates on either money or product prior the EC, but I'm pretty sure that would have been out-of-bounds.

I wouldn't read too much into any of this...but I got a strong impression of understated confidence. Pretty much an "understand your concerns, know we're on course and tracking" kind of vibe.

ETA: I was also told the new website went live "just minutes ago". I know it's not a huge thing, but investors have been bitching and moaning about the old one for years...so I guess that counts as progress on at least one front.
View Quote

Saw this on F___Book... Look toward the bottom left of Microvision's home page... the 'Range' button/icon/pic, when blown up, look awfully like a Tesla!  Probably coincidental.

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#32]

I said Stuttgart yesterday because someone mentioned living there and wanting to go. It is in Munich...my mistake.
View Quote

No worries... That was me!  I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Tango:

You see what I posted a page or two back on other businesses in the same building as Microvision? Interesting thinking maybe all of them are in for the Gov. contract or something maybe.
View Quote

Also interesting that the whole homepage is dedicated solely to lidar and nothing about their other products/technology.  I wonder if the Hololens/IVAS verticals are currently being negotiated/sold and Microvision sees itself focusing on the vertical they haven't sold yet/won't be selling, lidar.  Just a thought.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:52:17 PM EDT
[#34]

Also interesting that the whole homepage is dedicated solely to lidar and nothing about their other products/technology.  I wonder if the Hololens/IVAS verticals are currently being negotiated/sold and Microvision sees itself focusing on the vertical they haven't sold yet/won't be selling, lidar.  Just a thought.
View Quote

Well,  Sharma said their future is basically a lidar company so that's pretty much a given.  lol
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Regardless of what we all know to be true about the Hololens, I'm assuming nothing has changed as far as NDA's for that contract.  Now, hopefully there's a completely different contract written for the IVAS production, and one that allows MVIS to promote it's involvement.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

All 12 listed positions on the new website have Redmond as the location.
If you go to the "Sign up for Job Alerts" page, two locations are given Redmond and Taiwan.

Sounds like there could be future positions there?
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#37]

All 12 listed positions on the new website have Redmond as the location.
If you go to the "Sign up for Job Alerts" page, two locations are given Redmond and Taiwan.

Sounds like there could be future positions there?
View Quote

What do we make of the Taiwan job listing?
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Bullish AF.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Hey fellas, look at this:

Hermes Microvision Inc/Taiwan
Hermes Microvision., Inc develops, manufactures and markets electron beam system s. The company's major products include electron beam wafer inspection system for node IC manufacturing and e-beam process monitoring system for mornitoring issues in wafer processing.
SECTOR
Technology
INDUSTRY
Tech Hardware & Semiconductors
SUB-INDUSTRY
Semiconductors
FOUNDED
05/19/2003
ADDRESS
7F, No 18 Puding Road Hsinchu, 300 Taiwan
PHONE
886-3-666-9229
WEBSITE
www.hermes-microvision.com
NO. OF EMPLOYEES
--
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:02:09 PM EDT
[#40]
MicroVision and WPG Holdings Enter Distribution Agreement for Asia
Published: Sep 14,2017
From 2017

TAIPEI, Taiwan - MicroVision and WPG Holdings today announced that they have entered into an agreement for distribution of MicroVision’s line of PicoP scanning engines across Asia.
More on This

MicroVision and STM to Co-Market MEMS Mirror-based Laser Beam Scanning Solutions

MicroVision and STMicroelectronics today announced that they plan to work together to develop, sell, and market Laser Beam Scanning (LBS) technology...

WPG to Release 58 Solutions in Q3

TAIPEI, Taiwan — WPG held investor conference yesterday, EPS is 0.91 in the second quarter, better than 0.84 in the first quarter...

WPG will distribute MicroVision’s engine products in China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, India and Southeast Asia through its subsidiaries AIT Group, WPG Korea and South Asia. MicroVision has announced its plans to have three different PicoP scanning engines in the market in 2017 and 2018: the first engine is available now for applications that benefit from a small form factor display engine.

The second engine, for which development kits began sampling this quarter, combines projected display with an interactive user interface that mimics the familiar touch screen of a smartphone or tablet; the third engine is a 3D sensing solution for mid-range LiDAR, and samples are expected to be available in the first half of 2018.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

It is not a specific MVIS job listed as Taiwan.
It is a choice of locations for an alert to possible future jobs.

Towards the bottom
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:22:28 PM EDT
[#42]

I'll post it again.

View Quote

Wise man
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:26:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bthorn] [#43]
ITRM just fell off a cliff!  

And I was feeling bad for selling at 2.05.

ETA -  appears to be a labeling/marketing issue.  Nothing serious.  Paper handed folks tore ass.  Gotta get in on some of that in the morning.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

The progression of a stock. It shows all the phases and emotions that go with it, explaining why they move the way they do.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By CROQ:

Everything above the dotted line is where panicky investors, such as myself, lose all of our money.

ETA:  Who am I kidding, I pretty much lose money below the dotted line too.
View Quote

The dotted line is an average. There are many to choose from though. The 100 day is a pretty good one.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:31:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Bthorn:
ITRM just fell off a cliff!  

And I was feeling bad for selling at 2.05.
View Quote

What happened? Down 37%.    I got out recently at 2.37.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#47]

Ok I've seen the chart and recognize it as a reverse Gartner Hype cycle chart.
I also see the blue circles but given what we know about MVIS neither of those mark where we are right now.
Institutions have just finished buying in, maybe, are we at the "bear trap"?

Where exactly on the chart is MVIS hurting us right now?
View Quote

Capitulation turning into despair.  Look at the guy who bailed yesterday.  

We hit the 100 day average today.  And rebounded. But is that the bottom I don't know.  But the averages say that right now is a good time to buy. And any good news will send it skyrocketing again.

The lack of good news is what's causing the problem. all the people from the mania phase are bailing.

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#48]

We hit the 100 day average today.  And rebounded. But is that the bottom I don't know.  But the averages say that right now is a good time to buy. And any good news will send it skyrocketing again.

The lack of good news is what's causing the problem. all the people from the mania phase are bailing.
View Quote

Interesting thanks for the explanation.
Bought some more MVIS on the dip today, I just think the have something big. I could be wrong though.
Bought in on SENS today, since it pulled back some.
Any thoughts on that one?
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 9:23:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 2sledgehammers:

Bought some more MVIS on the dip today, I just think the have something big. I could be wrong though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2sledgehammers:

Sens is a legitimate long term play.  

I was hoping for a bigger dip since that big run up a few weeks ago, but I think it's just not going to happen.  I also bought back in as well today at 3.50
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#50]

Saw this on F___Book... Look toward the bottom left of Microvision's home page... the 'Range' button/icon/pic, when blown up, look awfully like a Tesla!  Probably coincidental.

View Quote

Tesla logo is also red. Microvision just changed to red logo... hmmn.
Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top