Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Blitzcraig173:

That was obviously the dip.

I'm up 226% and counting!
View Quote

Wooo! 104%
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:28:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Pick up some more mvis, snse, and ccl I guess.  

rough day
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Rumrunner358:
Pick up some more mvis, snse, and ccl I guess.  

rough day
View Quote

I'm either picking up some MVIS (if it drops to that next support level) or some more TLRY.  I can already do some cost average down on TLRY, be going up if I buy MVIS right now.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:32:40 AM EDT
[#4]
At least DPLS is giving me something to be happy about today.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:33:57 AM EDT
[#5]
jesus where is the roof on NEGG and they didn't have a small market cap to begin with
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:36:10 AM EDT
[#6]
In for 66.6 more shares of MVIS. Hmmmm interesting number if shares
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:36:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By snakes19:
jesus where is the roof on NEGG and they didn't have a small market cap to begin with
View Quote

What the heck is happening there?  Their stock has doubled in less than an hour.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:38:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: camojoe] [#8]
View Quote

Looks like reddit found another squeeze play. TD Ameritrade  shows NEGG is shorted 134%

edit- in for 20 shares
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:38:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
View Quote

I bought in around .11 Im at 25%

Thought about dumping it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:38:27 AM EDT
[#10]

What the heck is happening there?  Their stock has doubled in less than an hour.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Only thing I can find is that they had a lot of very hard to get Nvidia videocards in stock earlier this week. Nothing that would drive a more than tripling of the stock in a couple of days. It has to be just massive FOMO now.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Me this AM:

No problem mavis. I'll buy more while its on sale.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

Up 42$ today Holy shit
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:40:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TheTech-1:

1) Im trying to round out lots of 100 shares
2) im a terrible guesser of when a stock will turn around. And im ok with the price overall
View Quote

sounds good.  I have my next potential buying zone at 14.73-13.51.  We will see how that works, I think it is a decent zone.  Hopefully consolidate there a bit and pop back up.  Those supply/demand zones are from weekly, daily, and hourly.

Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:42:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#14]
Originally Posted By mygreenkaw:
I've got this crazy idea to buy some MRNA for long hold in my IRA and do covered calls.  What say the experts?
View Quote

@mygreenkaw

Look into AIRI.

I’m planning on doing the “wheel strategy”  basically like how everyone was doing ladder buy/sells, but with options (covered calls and cash-secured puts).

When looking for some stocks to do that with, I searched “best covered call stocks” and AIRI was one that came up.

Nice and inexpensive, and it seems to swing nicely from what I’ve seen.  I think today is the day for me to pick up several hundred shares and give it a go.

I was going to wait until I was authorized to do the puts, but Vanguard is slow to authorize so I’ll just buy outright and work the covered calls for now.

If you come up with any safe stocks to do it with, let me know if you’d be so kind.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:53:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm up 213% on DPLS. Starting to think about my exit strategy.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Then, Sell Sell Sell - Caddyshack
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:53:48 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Word.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Damn.  You bet big on that one.  I'm up $1500.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

@mygreenkaw

Look into AIRI.

I’m planning on doing the “wheel strategy”  basically like how everyone was doing ladder buy/sells, but with options (covered calls and cash-secured puts).

When looking for some stocks to do that with, I searched “best covered call stocks” and AIRI was one that came up.

Nice and inexpensive, and it seems to swing nicely from what I’ve seen.  I think today is the day for me to pick up several hundred shares and give it a go.

I was going to wait until I was authorized to do the puts, but Vanguard is slow to authorize so I’ll just buy outright and work the covered calls for now.

If you come up with any safe stocks to do it with, let me know if you’d be so kind.
View Quote

I'm not seeing any option chain for AIRI, maybe Fidelity doesn't like them?
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Best wishes, Osprey, heal up quickly!
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:57:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By kered:
I'm up 213% on DPLS. Starting to think about my exit strategy.
View Quote

I just sold 20% of my shares.  So it's going to $.40.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Baller.
Im up $300
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

@mygreenkaw

Look into AIRI.

Looks like I just got approved for cash secured puts, and you’re right, I see nothing for puts.  Not sure about calls but I’m guessing the same issue.  Off to research it more.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#24]
My SENS puts went below the break even. I went ahead and rolled them out.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:02:33 AM EDT
[#25]

Looks like I just got approved for cash secured puts, and you’re right, I see nothing for puts.  Not sure about calls but I’m guessing the same issue.  Off to research it more.
View All Quotes

@mygreenkaw

Look into AIRI.

Last week I was going thru a bunch of NASDAQ 100 and pulling up the tickers on Fidelities option chain to see which ones had good action and premium.  I can't speak to the other broker sites/apps but I can see the chain which shows calls/puts and bid/ask and current volumes etc. to give an idea of where the action lies.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:03:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
My SENS puts went below the break even. I went ahead and rolled them out.
View Quote

I still haven't dove into puts... need a good lesson from someone!
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#27]

I still haven't dove into puts... need a good lesson from someone!
View Quote

This I don’t understand puts enough to feel comfortable yet.  But I would like to.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WPS:

Word.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/473387/Screenshot_20210707-104518_2_png-2004996.JPG

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Puts are the option to sell shares at a certain strike price.   If you sell them you get a premium at the strike price you have to buy them at.  

Basically you sell them for a strike you would like to buy the shares at.  If the stock goes up above the strike you get the premium. If it goes down you get a discount on that strike or you can roll them out to a future date and lower your break even price.

I rolled mine out to lower my break even incase someone exercised them on me. This way I'm still up on them.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Sold my DPLS you can thank me now. It will go to .20
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Puts are the option to sell shares at a certain strike price.   If you sell them you get a premium at the strike price you have to buy them at.  

Basically you sell them for a strike you would like to buy the shares at.  If the stock goes up above the strike you get the premium. If it goes down you get a discount on that strike or you can roll them out to a future date and lower your break even price.

I rolled mine out to lower my break even incase someone exercised them on me. This way I'm still up on them.
View Quote

I'm still confused, I guess I need baby step example.  I get confused because of the buy vs. sell in the case of options I could be selling a contract call or put, correct?  If I'm selling either I have the obligation (call i have to sell if they exercise & put i have to buy if they exercise) < correct?

Mind walking us thru an actual example maybe using MVIS as a reference?
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#32]

I'm still confused, I guess I need baby step example.  I get confused because of the buy vs. sell in the case of options I could be selling a contract call or put, correct?  If I'm selling either I have the obligation (call i have to sell if they exercise & put i have to buy if they exercise) < correct?

View Quote

Yes. Correct.  

Probably be easier to understand if you just watched a video with an example.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#33]
good point, I'll youtube it during lunch
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

you sell to open a put contract with a strike of 14.50 and are paid a premium of .05/share lets say for selling the contract. The purchaser of the contract now has the ability to sell you 100 shares of MVIS at 14.50, so if it dips real low they can sell at 14.50 when the stock is trading at maybe 13.50. If the stock goes up the contract will expire because no one is going to assign shares to lose money.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#35]

Maybe it's cause I'm poor. But how the eff do you not sell and realize that profit?!
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:56:19 AM EDT
[#36]
So I got in on MRIN @$19.10. it shot up almost instantly to $21+, back to $20.40...

AM I HOLDING OR SELLING???????????
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 12:00:44 PM EDT
[#37]

you sell to open a put contract with a strike of 14.50 and are paid a premium of .05/share lets say for selling the contract. The purchaser of the contract now has the ability to sell you 100 shares of MVIS at 14.50, so if it dips real low they can sell at 14.50 when the stock is trading at maybe 13.50. If the stock goes up the contract will expire because no one is going to assign shares to lose money.
View Quote

Damn then if I'm long on a stock and planning to buy a dip I can use the put instead of a limit order.  If the put doesn't hit strike or lower I get the premium...  if it does hit I buy the shares.  Not a bad approach I guess.  I need to better understand this so I'll use the same approach I did with covered calls, toss some real money at one and see if I get it right.

Now I just need to get approval done and then build the funds to try this approach.  I'm planning to use the premiums I'm collecting from covered calls to increase my long positions on dips.  This could provide more premium as I do this and still allows me to buy the dip.  It's impossible to ever predict these bottoms anyway so I would prefer to know my entry point.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 12:11:25 PM EDT
[#38]

Damn then if I'm long on a stock and planning to buy a dip I can use the put instead of a limit order.  If the put doesn't hit strike or lower I get the premium...  if it does hit I buy the shares.  Not a bad approach I guess.  I need to better understand this so I'll use the same approach I did with covered calls, toss some real money at one and see if I get it right.

Now I just need to get approval done and then build the funds to try this approach.  I'm planning to use the premiums I'm collecting from covered calls to increase my long positions on dips.  This could provide more premium as I do this and still allows me to buy the dip.  It's impossible to ever predict these bottoms anyway so I would prefer to know my entry point.
View Quote

That's the beauty of selling puts.  You get to pick your entry point at a discount.

You think you are at the bottom of the dip but not sure you can sell in the money puts. And if it dips more you can roll them out to the next month.  You are going to get the shares at the price you want if you keep rolling. If it rebounds you keep the premium and get the shares too if you stay under the strike. If not you just get the premium.

You can always roll down your break even as long as no one exercises on you or the company goes bankrupt.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#39]
I have $18 sitting in my account. Pickup another share of MVIS or put it somewhere else?
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Originally Posted By Tango:

Baller.
Im up $300
View Quote

fuckers. I'm up $7.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#41]

That's the beauty of selling puts.  You get to pick your entry point at a discount.

You think you are at the bottom of the dip but not sure you can sell in the money puts. And if it dips more you can roll them out to the next month.  You are going to get the shares at the price you want if you keep rolling. If it rebounds you keep the premium and get the shares too if you stay under the strike. If not you just get the premium.

You can always roll down your break even as long as no one exercises on you or the company goes bankrupt.
View Quote

I need more funds...
The only problem I see is if I need to roll then I need settled funds so I can buy to close for the roll...
In your example you are thinking buy ITM as more premium I was thinking OTM but I get your point, if ITM is a price point you can live with!
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 12:42:44 PM EDT
[#42]

I need more funds...
The only problem I see is if I need to roll then I need settled funds so I can buy to close for the roll...
In your example you are thinking buy ITM as more premium I was thinking OTM but I get your point, if ITM is a price point you can live with!
View Quote

I don't know. I have margin.  

Yes. Pick where you are willing to buy it.  If you are very bullish you can sell deep in the money ones. If you are afraid it's going to drop more sell out of the money ones.

It's not a fast money maker but it's extremely low risk unless you are selling them on crazy Meme stocks.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 1:11:40 PM EDT
[#43]
DPLS pullback?  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 1:22:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
View Quote
I dont see why not since I bought some today, it would make sense to pullback.

I bought in at .54 and sold at .85 with the thoughts of swing trading the pattern that had been pretty consistent to build up more shares.  Nope, kept going up so FOMO took over this morning and bought back in at .145 and now has less shares than before.

Lucky me
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By V8Vol:

I bought in at .54 and sold at .85 with the thoughts of swing trading the pattern that had been pretty consistent to build up more shares.  Nope, kept going up so FOMO took over this morning and bought back in at .145 and now has less shares than before.

Lucky me
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By V8Vol:

Lucky me

I mean it looks like that is happening now
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
Yep.  Slow trickle.  Standing by...
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 1:30:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#47]

View All Quotes

Jesus
I’m up like $70

I’m not even a fish in the pond
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 1:30:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Bthorn:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bthorn:

What's the magic number?
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 1:31:57 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

bankrupt, or delisted, apparently.  GTT is delisted so I can't roll the puts.  Not even sure how there are options when delisted.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 1:32:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:

Maybe it's cause I'm poor. But how the eff do you not sell and realize that profit?!
View Quote

It's cause you're poor lol

If he's willing to put that much into DPLS, he has a lot more money than that.
Page / 1712
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top