Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1713
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 1:47:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

bankrupt, or delisted, apparently.  GTT is delisted so I can't roll the puts.  Not even sure how there are options when delisted.
View Quote

People wanting to close their options only.

Link Posted: 7/7/2021 1:48:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#2]
Originally Posted By V8Vol:

I dont see why not since I bought some today, it would make sense to pullback.

I bought in at .54 and sold at .85 with the thoughts of swing trading the pattern that had been pretty consistent to build up more shares.  Nope, kept going up so FOMO took over this morning and bought back in at .145 and now has less shares than before.

Lucky me
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By V8Vol:
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
DPLS pullback?  Thoughts?

I dont see why not since I bought some today, it would make sense to pullback.

I bought in at .54 and sold at .85 with the thoughts of swing trading the pattern that had been pretty consistent to build up more shares.  Nope, kept going up so FOMO took over this morning and bought back in at .145 and now has less shares than before.

Lucky me

You should be back green again now.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
I have $18 sitting in my account. Pickup another share of MVIS or put it somewhere else?
View Quote

SENS
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

SENS
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
I have $18 sitting in my account. Pickup another share of MVIS or put it somewhere else?

SENS

I actually just did that with the cash from my partial sale of DPLS.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 2:05:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrZeat] [#5]
I called hitting 15 before another surge... glad I waited before buying back in, in for a few hundred at 15 this morning...

Of course we have no idea what the true bottom of this dip is, but we shall see.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Why SENS?
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 2:15:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Corporal_Chaos] [#7]
Someone help me out.  I sold cash secured puts on MVIS at $16 and $15.50.  I want to roll them forward.  Schwab gives me an option called a "Rollout" under "Strategy".  Is this what I want?

When I select the rollout option, the default is "sell to close" as the first move, then "buy to open" as the second.  Shouldn't I be buying to close at the original strike and then selling to open for the new strike price?  I originally sold to open.  Also, if that is correct, my buy to close option should be for the original expiration, correct?
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Corporal_Chaos:
Someone help me out.  I sold cash secured puts on MVIS at $16 and $15.50.  I want to roll them forward.  Schwab gives me an option called a "Rollout" under "Strategy".  IS this what I want?

When I select the rollout option, the default is "sell to close" as the first move, then "buy to open" as the second.  Shouldn't I be buying to close at the original strike and then selling to open for the new strike price?  I originally sold to open.
View Quote

Yes. That's backwards.

I only know think or swim. And it just says roll. You can change it around after you hit roll. But it usually defaults to what you want to do.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

Yes. That's backwards.

I only know think or swim. And it just says roll. You can change it around after you hit roll. But it usually defaults to what you want to do.
View All Quotes

Yes. That's backwards.

Someone help me out.  I sold cash secured puts on MVIS at $16 and $15.50.  I want to roll them forward.  Schwab gives me an option called a "Rollout" under "Strategy".  Is this what I want?

When I select the rollout option, the default is "sell to close" as the first move, then "buy to open" as the second.  Shouldn't I be buying to close at the original strike and then selling to open for the new strike price?  I originally sold to open.  Also, if that is correct, my buy to close option should be for the original expiration, correct?

Yes. That's backwards.

Just to confirm with you both when you do rolls you have to use settled funds for the buy to close leg, correct?  I had a good faith violation last week or the week before from doing a roll and not having settled funds.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 2:25:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By mygreenkaw:
Why SENS?
View Quote
Extremely favorable diabetic monitoring equipment is (very very likely) to get fda approval shortly.  

It's another big step forward in improved and less intrusive blood sugar monitoring.

Link Posted: 7/7/2021 2:29:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Corporal_Chaos] [#11]

Yes. That's backwards.

View All Quotes
Someone help me out.  I sold cash secured puts on MVIS at $16 and $15.50.  I want to roll them forward.  Schwab gives me an option called a "Rollout" under "Strategy".  IS this what I want?

When I select the rollout option, the default is "sell to close" as the first move, then "buy to open" as the second.  Shouldn't I be buying to close at the original strike and then selling to open for the new strike price?  I originally sold to open.

Yes. That's backwards.

When doing a roll like the above (knowing that the original put is ITM and you don't really want it to exercise), do you try to balance the new option strike and expiration so it is even?  

Or are you typically willing to pay a small premium to roll forward and get a lower strike price?  

Or do you sell to open your new position at the same strike but new expiration to pocket more premium?
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Just to confirm with you both when you do rolls you have to use settled funds for the buy to close leg, correct?  I had a good faith violation last week or the week before from doing a roll and not having settled funds.
View All Quotes

Yes. That's backwards.

Yes. That's backwards.

Are you using the "roll" function or doing the trade yourself?

In Merrill I have the ability to build multi-leg options so I have to do it that way.  In that case, yes, you will get the good faith violation if you don't have enough funds to cover a portion of the contract.

I'm not sure about using the "roll" function in any other application.  On Think or Swim I've always had the funds when I've rolled so I've never received a violation.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

Are you using the "roll" function or doing the trade yourself?

In Merrill I have the ability to build multi-leg options so I have to do it that way.  In that case, yes, you will get the good faith violation if you don't have enough funds to cover a portion of the contract.

I'm not sure about using the "roll" function in any other application.  On Think or Swim I've always had the funds when I've rolled so I've never received a violation.
View Quote

"roll" but it's the same it just starts the multi-leg for you.  - Thanks
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#14]

When doing a roll like the above (knowing that the original put is ITM and you don't really want it to exercise), do you try to balance the new option strike and expiration so it is even?  

Or are you typically willing to pay a small premium to roll forward and get a lower strike price?  

Or do you sell to open your new position at the same strike but new expiration to pocket more premium?
View All Quotes

Yes. That's backwards.

I rolled them out to the 23rd for a strike of $14.50 and $14.00 respectively.  I netted about $140 premium for rolling out the 7 contracts.  Another plus is I freed up over $1k in cash that I had to keep aside to cover the previous puts.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 3:43:30 PM EDT
[#15]
DPLS is red. Officially a dumb day.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Crazy close for NEGG, was bouncing off $79 and settled around $71 in the last hour.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 4:02:59 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

I keep strike the same. I don't care if it exercises as long as I'm not past my break even.  Rolling out I get some more premium to play with.  

It's basically old premium - cost to buy back+new premium = total premium I've been paid.  It's best to do this on a huge downswing day that you think will recover or the last day of contract.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Never had that problem.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Blitzcraig173:
View Quote
First time in 2 weeks.  Crazy.  I'm back in for a little.  Holding powder for a possible bigger drop.  

This stock is a lot more fun than my blue chips.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 4:05:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By camojoe:
Crazy close for NEGG, was bouncing off $79 and settled around $71 in the last hour.
View Quote

absolutely insane growth over the last couple of days for a company that already had a market cap in the billions and no short squeeze weirdness going on
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 4:21:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Blitzcraig173:
View Quote

It's because I bought some at open.

I should start my own thread where I post what stock I buy so others know to sell their shares before it tanks.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 4:30:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Bthorn:
First time in 2 weeks.  Crazy.  I'm back in for a little.  Holding powder for a possible bigger drop.  

This stock is a lot more fun than my blue chips.  
View Quote

For real. Seeing that 10-30% gain every day made me feel better about losing thousands on MVIS.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Thoroughly disgusted.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Think ill sell half my DPLS tomorrow and pickup more SENS. Even selling half my position I'm getting back 32% more than i initially put in total.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 4:58:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Rumrunner358:
Extremely favorable diabetic monitoring equipment is (very very likely) to get fda approval shortly.  

It's another big step forward in improved and less intrusive blood sugar monitoring.

View Quote

Looking at it, it's a 90 day implantable blood sugar monitor. That's a huge deal. But I don't know how much of a gamble I should take.

If you were using your disposable money. How many shares would you buy?
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By First-World-Problems:

Looking at it, it's a 90 day implantable blood sugar monitor. That's a huge deal. But I don't know how much of a gamble I should take.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rumrunner358:

A lot of us are long in SENS.  Personally, my holdings are 4,183 shares.

I also have puts on SENS, that’s 300 more shares I would be just fine with it executing at my $3 strike price this Friday.

My cost basis is $2.82 a share.

Link Posted: 7/7/2021 5:22:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EagleArmsHBAR] [#27]
Selling those August $15 puts doesn't look like it was such a hot strategy now.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
View Quote

I’ve got three puts for a strike of $14.50 that I sold this morning.  I don’t mind if it hits I guess, but I’d much rather the five covered call contracts with the strike of $16 that I also placed today hits.

I hate playing sweet Mavis like this, but it is what it is, and she needs to learn.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By kered:
Think ill sell half my DPLS tomorrow and pickup more SENS. Even selling half my position I'm getting back 32% more than i initially put in total.
View Quote

I wonder if SENS will go lower. I'd like more too but tempted to wait.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Real time pricing my ass.
Put a buy order in for MVIS when it was in the $14.80s.
My buy was for $14.70.
It executed at $14.68.

Not complaining. They're the first sub $15 shares I've scored in a while. But still, did it drop so fast, right past my order? Lol.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 6:18:31 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Disposable? As much as I can.  It's going to go bananas if that FDA approval hits. They are pretty confident it's going to get approved here because they are hiring a sales team.

They are also working on a longer term sensor.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#32]

Disposable? As much as I can.  It's going to go bananas if that FDA approval hits. They are pretty confident it's going to get approved here because they are hiring a sales team.

They are also working on a longer term sensor.
View Quote

Bananas as in $5.27 like its peak back in Feb? Or bananas as in $15-$20?
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

No way to tell for sure.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 7:21:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zac87] [#34]

No way to tell for sure.
View Quote

BTW - Thanks for directing me to do some DD on SENS, feeling great about my shares and leaps

I really think it’s got the potential for a 10 bagger within a couple years following the 180/365 approvals and sales and growth become clearer.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Someone on reddit was claiming anything under $10 was a good buy. And could see $20-40.

There's alot to like on the surface. I'm familiar with diabetes. My mother in law uses a dexcom. This company we are talking about is partnering up with the company that makes countour blood sugar meters. They are big.

My concerns with them though is that they have to get doctors on board with implanting people with the device. And the fda already approved a 90 day model in 2018. If it was that big it seems like my mother in law would have at least heard of it. She has pretty serious diabetes and has lost an eye from it.

I don't think it's as safe a bet as others but I'm pretty risk adverse.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 7:37:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AesopsWildBoar] [#36]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

View All Quotes

Don’t wait too long and miss it. Back when it was floating around mid to low twos I had an order just under $2. Missed it somehow. Waiting for $2.5 though before I buy more. Have about 400 shares now, so not much be enough for me

Edit, my buy order is at $2…
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 7:38:51 PM EDT
[#37]

Someone on reddit was claiming anything under $10 was a good buy. And could see $20-40.

There's alot to like on the surface. I'm familiar with diabetes. My mother in law uses a dexcom. This company we are talking about is partnering up with the company that makes countour blood sugar meters. They are big.

My concerns with them though is that they have to get doctors on board with implanting people with the device. And the fda already approved a 90 day model in 2018. If it was that big it seems like my mother in law would have at least heard of it. She has pretty serious diabetes and has lost an eye from it.

I don't think it's as safe a bet as others but I'm pretty risk adverse.
View Quote

Most doctors suck and don't give a shit about you except to get a check from your insurance.

SENS sensor is much more accurate if I recall correctly.

Link Posted: 7/7/2021 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Most doctors suck and don't give a shit about you except to get a check from your insurance.

SENS sensor is much more accurate if I recall correctly.

View Quote
I sold my ME at a small loss to roll into dpls.

If mvis ever gets its shit together, I'll roll it into Sens and forget about it.

I'm sick and tired of watching weeks of red followed by glimpses of 10 - 30% profit.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By AesopsWildBoar:

Don’t wait too long and miss it. Back when it was floating around mid to low twos I had an order just under $2. Missed it somehow. Waiting for $2.5 though before I buy more. Have about 400 shares now, so not much be enough for me

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AesopsWildBoar:

I have 800 right now. I could afford  more but I would hate to buy at $3 and have it dip down to $2 again.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 9:01:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Wasn't there mention of a squeeze on SENS for the week of 7/16 a few pages back?  What was that all about? 200 shares checking in.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:00:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
View Quote

There's at least one company meeting before that date, I sold some too, we should be fine.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:48:35 PM EDT
[#42]
I was curious about how MVIS has been doing relative to other stocks mentioned here. Now, this may not be entirely fair, as all these stocks have done quite well due themselves (though BSQR surprised me).

No idea why the table formatting does this weird spacing thing.

Percent Change

Name6 Months3 Months1 Months
MVIS +157.87% +4.38% -31.75%
SENS +254.59% +22.83% +4.70%
BSQR +219.62% +60.32% +87.73%
AMC +2,098.54% +357.56% -18.05%
GME +954.54% +7.13% -31.91%
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 2:46:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockRash] [#43]
Ok o sold a truck tonight I have 5k where do I put it?SENS?
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 3:42:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:
I was curious about how MVIS has been doing relative to other stocks mentioned here. Now, this may not be entirely fair, as all these stocks have done quite well due themselves (though BSQR surprised me).

No idea why the table formatting does this weird spacing thing.

Percent Change

Name6 Months3 Months1 Months
MVIS +157.87% +4.38% -31.75%
SENS +254.59% +22.83% +4.70%
BSQR +219.62% +60.32% +87.73%
AMC +2,098.54% +357.56% -18.05%
GME +954.54% +7.13% -31.91%
View Quote

Now go back to the start of the thread for MVIS.

The people talking about lake houses and shit got in at $0.20 not $20.

Link Posted: 7/8/2021 3:59:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Overnight futures are looking rough boys.

Hang Seng down 3%.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 4:45:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Just woke up 30 minutes ago to head to t e office.

Wow pre market is a bloody mess.  Today looks to be a buying day, will be exciting.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 5:02:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bassmaster27] [#47]
Today is a fucking bloodbath. Oh well. Try again next week.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 7:24:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Holy shit, I don’t have one green stock out of like 50+ on my watchlist.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 8:02:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By captnstabn:
Holy shit, I don’t have one green stock out of like 50+ on my watchlist.
View Quote

My 35 shares of VXX are green!
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 8:03:38 AM EDT
[#50]
It will get better, I just need my coffee.
Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top