[#1]
Some nice moves pre-market.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 7:36:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Total53] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Malbec:
Today is the day, I can feel it.
View Quote

Could be MAVIS pops on the rumor of Lidar & Camera combined sensor in one unit.
Who would start such a rumor?

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 7:48:24 AM EDT
[#3]
It will get better, I just need my coffee.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:00:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Malbec:
Today is the day, I can feel it.
View Quote

I knew it!
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:35:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SparticleBrane:

@Osprey61 tries to cure this by himself...
https://i.gifer.com/7S8g.gif
View Quote

Back to microwave, BACK to microwave!
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Sold one of my watches today, so I’ve got a spare $300 ready to go tomorrow morning… recommendations?

I currently have SOFI, SENS, ATIP, ME, ONEQ, MVIS, MMAT.

Has to be available through SOFI.

Can either buy more of what I have or venture into something else.

This is in my IRA, so long hold.
View Quote

I’d probably buy MVIS or ME.

I’m still very bullish on ME and I think the price doesn’t reflect the potential.  That said, I also don’t have any timeline for when the market “corrects” the pricing.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:06:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Think we could pump and dump a $0.0007 stock?
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:23:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By number40Fan:
Think we could pump and dump a $0.0007 stock?
View Quote

Go ahead. start with CBDL.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:49:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Serious question, though.  Think it could be done?  Few people buy a large chunk at the low price, then keep hitting it with 1000 share buys and drive it up?
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:52:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By rhygin:
New shop in my area.  Depending on reading it as verbs or nouns, I thought it was timely.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/326845/B264D023-0232-4248-B6B2-4D4287A07479_jpe-2031282.JPG

Get better Osprey.
View Quote

Yeah we got one in Fuquay-Varina that opened the other day. I thought about posting too lol
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:56:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By number40Fan:
Serious question, though.  Think it could be done?  Few people buy a large chunk at the low price, then keep hitting it with 1000 share buys and drive it up?
View Quote

A couple of guys in one internet forum? I doubt it.  At best it would amount to half of us leaving the other half bag holding.

Also, welcome fellow investor enthusiast.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:56:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Well the 3 8/6 $12 calls on MVIS and the 8/6 $190 call for NVDA I bought on Monday are doing well today.  Let's hope it continues.

Dumped my 100 shares of WISH for a $40 loss, but I made a few hundred selling covered calls on it the first few weeks I had it so I'm fine with that.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:58:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Total53:
Hey RBL what's DPLS gonna do tomorrow?
Hired a Director of Strategic Initiatives for the 15% bump today.
I'm back in, missed the dead bottom by a half cent
Hope it carries over the rest of the week

https://media.giphy.com/media/26Ff6Mzngeac3NhJK/giphy.gif
View Quote

The battle for Helms Deep .10 has begun!
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:59:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Anybody planning on fucking with Robinhood IPO?  I hope they crash and burn with all the shit they pulled, but if there's money to be made.....
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By rhygin:
New shop in my area.  Depending on reading it as verbs or nouns, I thought it was timely.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/326845/B264D023-0232-4248-B6B2-4D4287A07479_jpe-2031282.JPG

Get better Osprey.
View Quote

Mavis bought out the Kaufman Tire stores here, several of them around. Their damn jingle will get stuck in your head if you're not careful.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:09:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tango] [#16]
See the article on SENS?
Meme-stock traders start to converge on shares of insulin-monitor maker Senseonics

Sens Market Watch

Edit: It was in June
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:12:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: war86] [#17]
Originally Posted By Tango:
See the article on SENS?
Meme-stock traders start to converge on shares of insulin-monitor maker Senseonics

Sens Market Watch

View Quote

It seems that somebody forgot to inform the stock price.  I'm very skeptical of all these meme stock articles.  I have watched most of them, and they don't ever seem to pan out the last few months or so.  

ETA: just saw your edit.  That makes more sense.  But my comment about meme stock articles stands.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:21:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1969GTX] [#18]
Originally Posted By war86:

It seems that somebody forgot to inform the stock price.  I'm very skeptical of all these meme stock articles.  I have watched most of them, and they don't ever seem to pan out the last few months or so.  

ETA: just saw your edit.  That makes more sense.  But my comment about meme stock articles stands.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
See the article on SENS?

Sens Market Watch

It touched 4.50 June 14 and has been steadily declining since. I sold a covered Aug 20 3.50 call on it and I kind of hope it hits.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Sold one of my watches today, so I’ve got a spare $300 ready to go tomorrow morning… recommendations?

I currently have SOFI, SENS, ATIP, ME, ONEQ, MVIS, MMAT.

Has to be available through SOFI.

Can either buy more of what I have or venture into something else.

This is in my IRA, so long hold.
View Quote

I would say get SENS and start trading options. It's what I'm doing. Not making a ton but I did just make $65 on selling a call and put for the same date. Either way I should make some money
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:32:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By myfakename:

It touched 4.50 June 14 and has been steadily declining since. I sold a covered Aug 20 3.50 call on it and I kind of hope it hits.
View Quote

First time I sold was 6 months ago in the $5 range. its been up and down.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:32:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

Mavis bought out the Kaufman Tire stores here, several of them around. Their damn jingle will get stuck in your head if you're not careful.
View Quote

I know the owners of Mavis well. I've know them since they took over the one store their father started. If our lady Mavis does the same as their Mavis, we're all driving moon lambo's !
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:40:02 AM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes
See the article on SENS?

Sens Market Watch

I agree with you on the meme stock articles.

I think a lot of times it's someone who's a staff writer just turning something out to make a deadline/quota.  Potentially even someone who has shares on the stock trying to create interest.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:43:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By speedfix20:

I know the owners of Mavis well. I've know them since they took over the one store their father started. If our lady Mavis does the same as their Mavis, we're all driving moon lambo's !
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

There are several of them down here too.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:46:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Blitzcraig173:

Go ahead. start with CBDL.

Thanks
View Quote

Yea go buy that it has lot's of potential.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:53:28 AM EDT
[#25]
SENS is starting to heat up again.  Hoping for a gap up in a few days.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:59:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
View Quote

Good my options expired and I've been waiting on a run up to sell again.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 58Teague:

View All Quotes

Sell? HODL Sens my friend!
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Any thoughts on WY (lumber Co) going into their EC premarket tomorrow?
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:34:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

I would say get SENS and start trading options. It's what I'm doing. Not making a ton but I did just make $65 on selling a call and put for the same date. Either way I should make some money
View Quote

I don't know if you can trade options inside an IRA, maybe you can. Don't think its an option (forgive the pun) inside mine.

I've been picking up SENS along the way - have a little over 200 shares. Grabbed another 30 shares of ATIP this morning at $3.75, and have a limit in for 25 shares of ME at $8.00, not sure if that one will hit today - it may well.

Should be getting a check from my client tomorrow which will likely allow another $500 to $1,000 in contributions. Already put $600 in this week, a little more than $1,800 on the month. Have a lot of catching up to do after being wiped out by the Big C over the past few years. Basically starting from scratch at the age of 49.

Really wish I had seen the MVIS at 50 cents. Even back then I could have scraped together enough to have made a significant difference.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:36:50 AM EDT
[#30]

I don't know if you can trade options inside an IRA, maybe you can. Don't think its an option (forgive the pun) inside mine.

I've been picking up SENS along the way - have a little over 200 shares. Grabbed another 30 shares of ATIP this morning at $3.75, and have a limit in for 25 shares of ME at $8.00, not sure if that one will hit today - it may well.

Should be getting a check from my client tomorrow which will likely allow another $500 to $1,000 in contributions. Already put $600 in this week, a little more than $1,800 on the month. Have a lot of catching up to do after being wiped out by the Big C over the past few years. Basically starting from scratch at the age of 49.

Really wish I had seen the MVIS at 50 cents. Even back then I could have scraped together enough to have made a significant difference.
View Quote

You can trade some option strategies in an IRA (covered calls/cash secured puts, long options etc.  Some brokers even allow spreads in an IRA with sufficient assets, but naked options trading is not allowed).
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Any thoughts on WY (lumber Co) going into their EC premarket tomorrow?
View Quote

If a lumber company didn't make money the last few months they are doing something incredibly wrong.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:45:22 AM EDT
[#32]

If a lumber company didn't make money the last few months they are doing something incredibly wrong.
View Quote

True but does that mean the share price will go up or down?  Who knows these days?  
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:53:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RatherBeLifting] [#33]
Originally Posted By cmsnare:

You can trade some option strategies in an IRA (covered calls/cash secured puts, long options etc.  Some brokers even allow spreads in an IRA with sufficient assets, but naked options trading is not allowed).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cmsnare:

Mostly True.  I too have an IRA and I trade my options naked all the time.  Just don't turn on the camera.  

Ba-dum-tish!
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:54:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Morning all! Anyone still have a cable subscription? What are the worthless shitheads on CNBC saying about the Robinhood IPO today? Im sure it’s a big talking point for them. Ticker “HOOD”

Reading on Stocktwits is insane how much shit talking and bearish comments are being posted… easily 100 new posts per minute i cant keep up there.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Zac87:

View All Quotes

Sell calls
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#36]

I may be wrong but i don’t expect a liftoff… there usually isn’t one with mvis earnings… remember we haven’t really sood much of shit yet.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

From what I understand, WY is up 180% over this quarter last year.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:08:07 PM EDT
[#38]

Sell calls
View All Quotes

Sell calls

Definitely!

I’m very bullish on SENS.

Five PUTS @ $2.50 strike for 8/20 sold on 7/9 and 7/27.

Twenty PUTS @ $3.00 strike for 8/20 sold on 7/9 and 7/20.

Ten CALLS @ $4.50 strike for 8/20 sold on 7/20.

I don’t expect any of them to be assigned.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:10:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

Mostly True.  I too have an IRA and I trade my options naked all the time.  Just don't turn on the camera.  

Ba-dum-tish!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:10:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

Back to microwave, BACK to microwave!
View Quote

Lol! Glad you’re in good spirits man!

Re: dod and earth bubbling. Man they know/knew something is wrong, they might not necessarily know 100% what or why it is. But they have no one else to send into these fuckholes with these fucked up situations… so they send us. All branches of mil. There is no one else they can send, no one else who would volunteer for half the shit we volunteered for. Thank you brother for always putting the mission first. Thank you for continuing to march forward even when it’s hard to do so. Thank you for everything you’ve brought us here with mvis. Im glad you’re making links for the service connection it’s the least you deserve. Hopefully they rid you 100% of that crap and you can just move forward with peace and health. Keep up the good vibes brother!
-Chris
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:30:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Robinhood opens below deal price
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By zyx5432:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:33:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 58Teague] [#43]
View All Quotes

They IPO'd at their low end too

Robinhood priced its shares at $38, which was at the low end of its target range.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:37:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone trading Microvast MVST?
Went public via a SPAC and now they're down to about $8.50
Bought 100 to keep an eye on it
Tech seems relevant , batteries for EV's
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#45]
I’m finally in the green again on Nokia. Should I dump her or it it worth holding long term?
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By StevenH:
I’m finally in the green again on Nokia. Should I dump her or it it worth holding long term?
View Quote

what do the fundamentals and chart look like?

Is it trending up or down?
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#47]

True but does that mean the share price will go up or down?  Who knows these days?  
View Quote

No clue.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 1:24:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Can anyone explain the "controlled" squeeze I am seeing being mentioned about AMC?  To me it sounds like something underhanded is afoot with the hedge funds...
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 1:41:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Anyone got any info on SPONF?

Looks like it could be a solid investment
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Yojimbo:
Can anyone explain the "controlled" squeeze I am seeing being mentioned about AMC?  To me it sounds like something underhanded is afoot with the hedge funds...
View Quote

It's not a real thing.

However, here's what they are saying/expect.  If the Hedgies get margin calls against their AMC positions due to the short squeeze, they are going to have to start selling/liquidating other long positions in order to satisfy the their margin calls.  This is the totally fictional part of what WSB expects:

The SEC is going to realize that when hedgies start selling their long positions, it's going to create a market wide crash.  They believe the SEC is going to step in and take the hedgies long positions, loan the hedgies the cash at the Fed Interest Rate which right now happens to be "effectively" zero.  That's what they mean by "controlled" squeeze. Someone is going to step in to prevent the rest of the market from crashing.

That's fictional and made up.  There's no historical basis or precedent for the SEC to do that.
Page / 1707
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top