Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1713
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By hitchhiker:
Something something today something else about coffee.
View Quote

Originally Posted By Malbec:
Today is the day, I can feel it.
View Quote

Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
It will get better, I just need my coffee.
View Quote

CCCComboBreakerrrr....
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:05:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:10:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:17:35 AM EDT
[#4]
C'mon $20.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:20:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Microvision was up 12.21% at $15.44 at last check Friday.

Microvision Daily Chart Analysis

The stock looks like it bounced off of support in what technical traders call an ascending triangle pattern.
   The stock trades below the 50-day moving average (green) but above the 200-day moving average (blue), indicating the stock is likely facing a period of consolidation.
   The 50-day moving average may hold as resistance, while the 200-day moving average may hold as support.
   The $25 price level has held as resistance multiple times in the past, while the higher low trendline has held as support multiple times. These key levels may continue to hold until the stock either breaks above or below them.
   The Relative Strength Index (RSI) saw a jump Friday and climbed up to the 54 level. This means many buyers have been moving into the stock in the past couple days.

What’s Next For Microvision?

Bullish traders after the bounce at support are looking to see the stock continue moving higher. Bulls want to see the stock eventually break above resistance and make a large upward move.

Bearish traders would like to see the stock fall below the higher low trendline and be able to hold below it. This could let the stock see a further bearish push and change of trend.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:21:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KaiK:
I should have sold more SENS puts.  
View Quote

What's your reasoning here?  Earnings pop?
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:29:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh, come on you bitch!
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:41:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Bthorn:
Oh, come on you bitch!
View Quote

Nasdaq took a dump
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh, come on you bitch!
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#11]
What the eff is going on with HCMC? I'm ALMOST even!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Oh, come on you bitch!
View Quote

She heard you.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:52:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

She heard you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Oh, come on you bitch!

She heard you.

Kinky...
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:54:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, sold Jan 2023 $40 covered calls and bought 6,500 shares on the brief dip this am.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By zyx5432:
Well, sold Jan 2023 $40 covered calls and bought 6,500 shares on the brief dip this am.
View Quote

Hmm, interesting strategy...
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#16]
ME has been doing very well the last week or so.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Thank goodness after that dip.  Still just a little under water on my position.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:19:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#18]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:20:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#19]

View All Quotes

Same here.  I'm letting that be a longer-term hold, but I'd rather see it be green than red during that time.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:26:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Nice to see Mavis above 16 again.  We've been out of Moon-licking range for too long.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:37:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Nice to see Mavis above 16 again.  We've been out of Moon-licking range for too long.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:39:41 AM EDT
[#22]
wonder how long till we get back to that magic $17.50 number it was held at for days on end.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#23]
got out of AMC today for a tiny profit, earnings call AH is going to be ugly but being we trade in a clown world the stock will probably skyrocket now.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#24]
My MRNA play is going nice.

Never did get any NVAX, I should have after that dip last week.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:02:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:10:52 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

... and I'm out again. Please remember to complain here next time it dips so I remember to buy back in.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#28]
I still have 200 shares of AMC. I figure it will with skyrocket or plummet after earnings later today. No in between.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Might be confirmation bias or something similar,  but it seems like pre earnings the price was being manipulated lower without much resistance.... post earnings I'm seeing fairly large dips which to my smooth brain is someone trying to manipulate but now mvis is bouncing back from the dips quickly

Hoping this is the new pattern
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SparticleBrane:
I figure it will with skyrocket or plummet after earnings later today. No in between.
View Quote

I like those odds!
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:17:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Any decent stop loss strategies?  Now that I'm in the green again I wouldn't mind setting something up to sell a little above my cost basis if MVIS does the submarine dance again.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#32]
MRNA had issues passing $460.00. Flirted with it for almost 20 minutes but dropped down to $457ish after.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:41:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Caboose314:
Any decent stop loss strategies?  Now that I'm in the green again I wouldn't mind setting something up to sell a little above my cost basis if MVIS does the submarine dance again.
View Quote

I generally never use them. Seen too many stop loss raids. I have an exit strategy in mind for each stock, and for MVIS, I'm long until a buyout or vertical sale, regardless if I'm red or green on the way there.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:49:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Anyone have DD on NSAV?

I find it interesting that they tanked this morning with their opening of their Crypto exchange.  Seems like they hit their launch.  Did it crap the bed?
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#35]
According to the MVIS Reddit the IVAS Senate report is due August 15th which would provide the funds for the IVAS.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MVIS/comments/k6hn8b/william_m_mac_thornberry_national_defense/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

From pages 53-54

SEC. 112. REPORT AND LIMITATIONS ON ACQUISITION OF INTEGRATED VISUAL AUGMENTATION SYSTEM.

(a) REPORT REQUIRED.—(1) IN GENERAL.—Not later than August 15, 2021, but after completion of operational testing* of the Integrated Visual Augmentation System (IVAS), the Secretary of the Army shall submit to the congressional defense committees a report on the Integrated Visual Augmentation System.

(2) ELEMENTS.—The report required by paragraph (1) shall include the following:

(A) The acquisition strategy for the Integrated Visual Augmentation System, including an estimate of the average production unit cost, a schedule for full-rate production, and an identification of any hardware and software changes in the System as a result of operational testing.

(B) A description of the technology levels  required for full-rate production of the System.

(C) A description of operational suitability and soldier acceptability for the production-representative model System.

(b) ASSESSMENT REQUIRED.—Not later than 30 days after the submittal of the report required by sub-section (a), the Director of Operational Test and Evaluation shall submit to the congressional defense committees an assessment of the matters described pursuant to sub-paragraphs (B) and (C) of subsection (a)(2).

(c) LIMITATION ON USE OF FUNDS.—Of the funds authorized to be appropriated by this Act or otherwise made available for fiscal year 2021 for procurement of the Integrated Visual Augmentation System, not more than 75 percent**may be obligated or expended until the date on which the Secretary submits to the congressional defense committees the report required by subsection (a).

From page 3728

Report and limitations on acquisition of Integrated Visual Augmentation System (sec. 112) The Senate amendment contained a provision (sec. 112) that would place a limitation on obligation of funds for procurement of the Integrated Visual Augmentation System pending submission of a report by the Secretary of the Army subsequent to the completion of operational testing. The House bill contained no similar provision. The House recedes with an amendment that would modify the limitation and report of the Secretary of the Army and add an assessment by the Director of Operational Test and Evaluation.

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Caboose314:
View Quote

Sell enough to cover your investment and ride the remainder into the dirt?  That's what I've done.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:13:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:
Anyone have DD on NSAV?

I find it interesting that they tanked this morning with their opening of their Crypto exchange.  Seems like they hit their launch.  Did it crap the bed?
View Quote

No dd, but buy the hype sell the news maybe? I doubled my position at the low point today hoping for a rebound and it is slowly trending back up.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:14:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RatherBeLifting] [#38]
Originally Posted By SageEBR:

No dd, but buy the hype sell the news maybe? I doubled my position at the low point today hoping for a rebound and it is slowly trending back up.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SageEBR:
Anyone have DD on NSAV?

ETA:

Yeah, I tried to get a buy in, but rejected due to DTC chill.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:24:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#39]
Anyone have DD on NSAV?

View Quote

Their website looks pretty cool. That's about as much DD as I have done.

Their CEO allegedly has more than 20 years exp and has been ceo and president of eight publicly traded companies since 95'.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#40]
MRNA money printer go brrrr
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:33:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Roor:
According to the MVIS Reddit the IVAS Senate report is due August 15th which would provide the funds for the IVAS.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MVIS/comments/k6hn8b/william_m_mac_thornberry_national_defense/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

From pages 53-54

SEC. 112. REPORT AND LIMITATIONS ON ACQUISITION OF INTEGRATED VISUAL AUGMENTATION SYSTEM.

(a) REPORT REQUIRED.—(1) IN GENERAL.—Not later than August 15, 2021, but after completion of operational testing* of the Integrated Visual Augmentation System (IVAS), the Secretary of the Army shall submit to the congressional defense committees a report on the Integrated Visual Augmentation System.

(2) ELEMENTS.—The report required by paragraph (1) shall include the following:

(A) The acquisition strategy for the Integrated Visual Augmentation System, including an estimate of the average production unit cost, a schedule for full-rate production, and an identification of any hardware and software changes in the System as a result of operational testing.

(B) A description of the technology levels  required for full-rate production of the System.

(C) A description of operational suitability and soldier acceptability for the production-representative model System.

(b) ASSESSMENT REQUIRED.—Not later than 30 days after the submittal of the report required by sub-section (a), the Director of Operational Test and Evaluation shall submit to the congressional defense committees an assessment of the matters described pursuant to sub-paragraphs (B) and (C) of subsection (a)(2).

(c) LIMITATION ON USE OF FUNDS.—Of the funds authorized to be appropriated by this Act or otherwise made available for fiscal year 2021 for procurement of the Integrated Visual Augmentation System, not more than 75 percent**may be obligated or expended until the date on which the Secretary submits to the congressional defense committees the report required by subsection (a).

From page 3728

Report and limitations on acquisition of Integrated Visual Augmentation System (sec. 112) The Senate amendment contained a provision (sec. 112) that would place a limitation on obligation of funds for procurement of the Integrated Visual Augmentation System pending submission of a report by the Secretary of the Army subsequent to the completion of operational testing. The House bill contained no similar provision. The House recedes with an amendment that would modify the limitation and report of the Secretary of the Army and add an assessment by the Director of Operational Test and Evaluation.

View Quote

Came here to post this...it's less than a week away.

This is obviously going to have an a major impact on MSFT, but it's damn near a nuclear detonation level event for Microvision. The HII would soldier on as a successful commercial product, and the consumer application is still out there, but $22B and the visibility across the investor spectrum are going to hugely magnify it's effect here.

I don't expect a shut-down, but it's hard to imagine a blank check endorsement, either.

The periwinkle blue elephant in the room demands one hard answer...did this drive Sumit's decision to unmask the customer?
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#42]

ETA:

Yeah, I tried to get a buy in, but rejected due to DTC chill.
View Quote

Had it all set to sell if it bounced off of .15 but it didn't trigger. Doubled my position with another 5,000 shares at .06x, so we'll see where it goes....
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Getting a little nervous with my MRNA. Might have to set a stop loss-limit soon.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#44]
SIXTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

Came here to post this...it's less than a week away.

This is obviously going to have an a major impact on MSFT, but it's damn near a nuclear detonation level event for Microvision. The HII would soldier on as a successful commercial product, and the consumer application is still out there, but $22B and the visibility across the investor spectrum are going to hugely magnify it's effect here.

I don't expect a shut-down, but it's hard to imagine a blank check endorsement, either.

The periwinkle blue elephant in the room demands one hard answer...did this drive Sumit's decision to unmask the customer?
View Quote

periwinkle????? You still on good drugs?
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#46]
For those of you still playing along, ME is making a quiet move to the upside.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#47]
If we know something big is about to happen with MVIS, we should be buying without thinking while we still can, right?
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:58:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By mks99:

periwinkle????? You still on good drugs?
View Quote

Absolutely, but hopefully the glide slope down is VFR at this point

Periwinkle blue is a nod to Snatch, which almost ranks as a cinematic criminal offense if missing from your collective viewing experience.

Guy Richie London gangster movie, and almost beyond highly recommended. Unfortunately it ran on a damn near 24 hour loop in the Love Shack (our break "building") in the desert. Annoys my wife, because the dialogue became permanently embedded in my frontal cortex.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#49]
For those of you still playing along, ME is making a quiet move to the upside.
View Quote

I bought 100 shares at $11.21 and I have been very frustrated the last few weeks to the point of setting up a sell order at a loss multiple times but not actually pulling the trigger.  Instead, I bought 3 $10 Jan '22 calls for $86 each.  They are up about 50% at the moment.  I'm hoping that will be a decent payoff by the end of the year.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Those of you still in AMC, how are you playing it with the upcoming EC?
Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top